Robin Jolin Weddings Reviews

66 | Oakland, CA

66 Reviews for Robin Jolin Weddings

Marinda · Married on 04/20/2013

I will be the first to admit I know nothing of photography. My (now) husband fancies himself quite the expert and is always up for suggesting lighting, placements, etc. We quickly narrowed down photographers in the SF Bay Area that had a style we liked; Robin was at the top. We met one other photographer and nixed them right away, they just didn't make us feel comfortable which was very important to my(shy)self. My mother happened to take one look at our list of photographers and pointed out Robin right away "everyone in her photos is so happy!" she said. She was right, Robin has a natural way to catch everyone smiling, laughing, and beautiful. I was so nervous after our engagement photos since almost every picture of me ever taken is immediately deemed "the worst photo ever taken." After seeing them I almost fell over with how magical they looked. She captures the most spontaneous and happy moments into beautiful photos. Robin made us incredibly happy every minute we were with her (from the moment we met, through the hike of our engagement shots, and throughout the entire wedding). She guided us (I know NOTHING of weddings), suggested things that completely rocked, and made all our guests smile and feel relaxed. Not to mention she was the ONLY person at the entire wedding that could get my veil back in JUST right. Our pictures show the exact thing we wanted to remember from our wedding: happiness and love. :D

Sent on 05/08/2013

Robin Jolin Weddings's reply:

Thank you Marinda!! Your wedding rocked :)

Brian · Married on 03/23/2013

We hired Robin as our wedding photographer, and she exceeded all of our highest expectations. She is positive and professional yet relaxed and down to earth, which made her a pleasure to work with. Her cheerful demeanor made my bride and I feel extremely comfortable in front of the lens.

Robin and Nina captured breathtaking photos of our biggest day. They were so easy to work with that my wife and I almost forgot there were cameras at all. We hope to work with her in the future, and will recommend Robin to anyone who is looking for a professional that cares about her clients.

Sent on 04/06/2013

Heather · Married on 01/16/2013

My heart is bursting from these photos. Thankyou thankyou!!! They are so perfect for us. You manage to get exactly what I want, like you read my mind. No trendy poses or stupid fake gestures. Just real, authentic moments!! You are incredible, as are these treasures! You are such a professional, yet so approachable and easy-going. These wedding photos are a work of art.

Sent on 01/27/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/27/2012

The photos are amazing! Working with Robin was an absolute delight!

Sent on 01/30/2013

Carol · Married on 09/19/2012

Robin was our photographer for both the engagement session and wedding in city hall. Both were exceptional experiences. Robin is probably the most friendly photographer you will ever meet, with a genuine personality that will put you and your significant other at ease. And family members too! Weddings can be stressful, but Robin was able to make it less stressful with her cheery personality.

Our photos came out beautifully. I especially love the ones of us on the city hall grand staircase. It looks like we rented out the building for the day, but in fact, Robin had nicely asked all the tourists to step aside so she could get several shots of just the family on the staircase. Absolutely awesome!! Loved how Robin was able to do that so gracefully...and that she had the balls to do it!

You will definitely not be disappointed with Robin!

Sent on 09/26/2012

The first thing you’ll notice about Robin is her eternal optimism and cheerfulness. She was an absolute joy to have at our wedding, not only because of her magnificent work, but because she was so nice to everyone. I completely got the sense that she loved weddings and she cared to make it look fantastic!

Robin captured our special day perfectly, we couldn’t have been blessed with a better photographer. Like any wedding, things are always hectic, and there’s little time to give direction, but Robin inherently knew what I wanted capture – she got everything down to the smallest details to the spontaneous moments, never missing a photo opportunity in between. She was not intrusive during the ceremony; my husband was surprised at some of the angles because he never noticed she was there. The photos came out amazing, I can’t wait to show them off!

Sent on 09/23/2012
  • User2520241 · 2+ years ago

After many hours of searching for a photographer we both liked, my fiance and I finally settled on Robin, and I am SO glad we did! She was wonderful to work with (very personable and fun, like a good friend). She always had an immediate answer to all our questions, and was very calm and easy going, so we felt very confident with her as our photographer. She has a knack for getting everyone to smile, and capturing all those genuine moments throughout the day. But most of all, her photos are beautiful. When we got our photos I couldn't stop smiling, they were perfect.She definitely knows how to capture peoples personalities! It was so nice to be able to see the day in un-posed photos since it went by so fast! Thank you so much Robin! I will be sending any and all brides your way from now on :)

Sent on 07/03/2012

Lillian · Married on 04/28/2012

Robin was a great photographer for our big day. We did a lot for our wedding personally so there were a lot of moving parts. The day of was very hectic, but Robin remained calm and cheerful and rolled with the punches. She was active and constantly shooting which was so great. I would say her strongest skill is in her usage of natural light. She can capture that beautiful glowly light that will make any bride beautiful.

Sent on 06/21/2012

paula · Married on 07/03/2010

I hired Robin Jolin to take our wedding photos almost entirely based on intuition! I loved her portfolio and she seemed like a very easy-going and charismatic woman to work with, so we hired her on the spot without doing much comparison shopping. From when we got engaged it was only 3 months to the wedding! There wasn't time to be indecisive! She was excited to travel to the woods of British Columbia, and her enthusiasm really added to our small wedding that we were so excited to have with only a few close friends and family. The experience of having Robin there photographing us added to our overall experience so much! Her attention to detail was outstanding, her creativity awesome, her sense of humour and personality spot-on with ours. I couldn't have been happier with the day itself! Then when she delivered our photographs, I was overwhelmed with joy and sentiment to see what she captured. They are beautiful! Our family absolutely treasures the memories she caught in her camera. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer who can go the distance that Robin did with style and class, and also make the occasion all about the love, emotions, and detail that she captured from our wedding.

Sent on 04/20/2012

Sarina · Married on 05/05/2018

We absolutely LOVED working with Robin and her team and would highly, highly recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer. We used her for our engagement photos in April 2017 and our wedding in May 2018.

While Robin was a little bit above our budget, we chose her because of how natural and candid all of her photos looked and because all of the reviews echoed how comfortable she made everyone feel. It was absolutely the right decision. Hard to adequately express how much we enjoyed working with her and how thrilled we are with all of our pictures.

1. She’s extremely professional, personable and clearly knows what she’s doing.

2. She was very responsive to emails and throughout the process was reachable on any questions and offered helpful tips on day of timeline and scheduling.

3. For context, we never remember to take pictures (and HATE posing for them) so we were terrified that taking photos would be both awkward and intrusive. But at both the engagement photos and the actual wedding, she made us feel completely at ease. Especially the day of, her and her team felt like just more members of the bridal party hanging out with us.

4. She is extremely efficient, great at corralling large groups and stayed as close to the timeline as possible

5. Turnaround time for the finished product was very reasonable and we found her website very easy to use and navigate

6. All of the pictures turned out amazing and there was a great mix of candids, large groups, close-ups, details, setting, etc.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Kristyn · Married on 05/28/2011

Robin Jolin was our photographer for our outdoor wedding last year. She was a joy to work with before, during, and after the wedding. She kept the mood light and didn't put anyone into stuffy poses. She really captured the feeling of the wedding. Most of all, the photos were amazing, beautiful and organic.

Sent on 03/21/2012

Kate · Married on 11/28/2014

Robin Jolin Photography was more than we could have asked for! My husband and I were hoping to find someone fun, creative, flexible, affordable and adventurous to photograph our Guerneville elopement in November 2014. Robin was everything we hoped for and more. Robin is professional in her correspondance, prompt with email and phone conversations. We felt that her price and photgraphy packages were fair and competitive. When it came time for our big day, Robin was on time and ready to go! Even though it was raining, Robin had a postive attitude and lots of energy to make sure our photos were perfect. She was creative and confident in finding all of the right spots (amidst the rain) for our photos. Robin made my husband and I feel comfortable in front of the camera and she was able to capture all of our feelings on our big day. There is not a SINGLE picture we don't love!! Most importantly Robin is FUN and so easy to spend time with... both my husband and I agree that it was our favorite part of the whole day. Her energy, creativeness, and passion for photography made her the PERFECT addition to our wedding day. Thanks so much Robin!

Sent on 01/17/2015

Niema · Married on 04/02/2011

Robin Jolin is an absolute genius. I only use the word "genius" because I know from experience how wonderful a picture can be once Jolin adds her majestic lighting and her ability to see beauty in the unexpected. She shot my wedding on April 2nd, 2011 and captured more amazing moments than I even dreamed possible. She made my wedding look more illuminating than it probably was ;-)

But please be warned. Robin Jolin is no "wedding photographer". I prefer to think of her as Art Photographer that happened to shoot my wedding. Believe me when I say that there will be no cheesy poses (unless instructed by the client), no staged "moments" and no traditional angles that make glancing through a photo album as run of the mill as a ham sandwich on white bread. Instead she puts the "Whim" in Whimsy and coats your most precious memories with sheer delight.

Niema Quiet

Sent on 03/22/2012

Working with Robin was lovely. She has an artistic eye and natural style. She is easy to work with, very comfortable and natural. She uses minimal photoshop and does a lot with lighting. Turnaround time and responsiveness were quick.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Audrey · Married on 12/30/2011

4.2
      3.5

I had a great experience working with Robin. I have already recommended to friends.

Sent on 03/21/2012

Sherwin · Married on 11/12/2011

4.2
      3.5

Robin took my prenuptial photos. She was amazing!

The photoshoot was very comfortable for both me and my fiance. The photos appeared expressive but still innocent and natural - exactly how I wanted it to be. She set the bar on wedding photography higher.

Sent on 05/24/2012