Robin Jolin Weddings Reviews

66 | Oakland, CA

66 Reviews for Robin Jolin Weddings

Krystal · Married on 08/30/2014

Robin is an absolutely amazing photographer and captured every moment of our wedding perfectly. She was great to work with throughout the planning stages and she was just incredible on our wedding day. She was professional and efficient, but also so much fun to be around. We received comments from several guests about how wonderful she and her husband were. The pictures came out absolutely beautiful. I will certainly use her photography services again and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 04/13/2015

We could not have been more pleased with Robin's photography and professionalism. We had a small engagement session with Robin and both my husband and I were a bit nervous about the camera. Robin instantly made us feel comfortable and it was a blast! She was very intuitive and inventive about the atmosphere in which to capture our affections in. On the wedding day, Robin once again helped everyone feel comfortable and relaxed- photographing everyone as their perfect, beautiful self. Robin's photos are creative and enchanting. She is a delight to be around and a true genius in her field. She is also very responsive and attentive on a professional level. Thank you, Robin, for perfectly capturing the most special day of our lives!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Robin Jolin Weddings's reply:

Thank you thank you thankyou!!!!

Anna · Married on 07/26/2014

Robin is absolutely amazing! She is extremely talented and we were very, very happy with our photos. Robin's style of "photographing life" is incredible- Our photos look natural and comfortable but we also look our best- a hard combination to capture! We were nervous about being photographed and Robin made us feel completely comfortable. Her low key, positive and friendly personality kept us calm and happy throughout our entire wedding day. During the entire planning process she was extremely responsive to our calls and emails and made us feel really special- something we didn't experience with other bigger photography companies. Robin's prices are very competitive and her turn around time for photos and albums is unusually fast. As a side note, I know she is now available for destination weddings and I can see her being excellent at this- her flexible and easy going personality make her a great candidate! If you're considering hiring Robin, don't hesitate! We had an entirely positive experience and felt really lucky that she was part of our wedding.

Sent on 08/29/2014

Linsay · Married on 07/19/2014

My husband and I searched for a long time to find the perfect photographer for our wedding. We wanted someone who could capture our style but just couldn't find the right fit. I told my neighbor of our dilemma and she VERY highly recommended we check out her wedding photographer. When we saw Robin's portfolio we knew instantly that we had to book her. As soon as we spoke on the phone we knew we had found the perfect fit. She was the ideal mix of professional and friendly, knowledgeable and funny, helpful and clear. She worked with us on the timing of the wedding...which we really needed and asked all the right questions to find out who our important guests were and who to get pictures with. When she showed up at my parent's house to take our "getting ready" pictures it was like an old friend had arrived. She was so nice and fit right in with my family and friends. She was excited, came up with great ideas and kept us smiling and laughing the entire time. She was this way for the entire event. Always smiling and cheerful, everyone who meets her can tell she is passionate about what she does which puts you at ease. We were so excited to see the pictures and the turn around was so quick. She got SO many amazing shots. I cried, I was so happy to see that she had captured some very special moments that I missed in the busyness of the day. She captured everything from the details to the candid smiles to the best portraits we could ask for. She is very talented and anyone would be lucky to have her as their photographer. I know we will cherish these photos forever.

Linsay B.

Sent on 08/26/2014

Karen · Married on 07/12/2014

When we selected Robin to photograph our wedding, we were confident that she would do a great job. Her portfolio speaks for itself, and we had friends who vouched for her on a personal level.

But Robin FAR exceeded our expectations, and was perfect for the wedding & party. She has a great sense of people, and moved seamlessly through pre-wedding festivities, taking fun candid pictures of friends. When it came to the boring family pics,, she was able to put a smile on everyone’s face – but I won’t tell you how as that will give away her trade secrets. Both of my sisters asked how we found her because she was so fantastic.

At the reception, our 13-year old daughter, a budding photographer herself, was playing the role of 2nd photographer, and Robin gave her lots of tips. When we ran into Robin several weeks later, she invited Isabella to upload / add her pictures from the wedding to Robin’s website so family & friends could see those as well. Very sweet.

Our pictures turned out beautifully – Robin captured everything from the warm sunny day on our patio to the full moon we were blessed with that night. I promise you’ll be happy if you select her for any of your special events.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Melita · Married on 06/29/2014

Robin was wonderful to work with, flexible, and she's very sweet too!

Sent on 07/14/2014

I highly recommend Robin for wedding photography! I absolutely loved working with Robin and she was a fantastic addition to our wedding day.

We did an engagement photo shoot and used the photos for our save the dates. This also gave us a chance to get to know her. She's very kind, easy to work with and calmin - which is really important since you spend so much time with your photographer on your wedding day! Robin was patient with all of my 'must have' photo requests and really made an effort to make sure everything was captured. She took a lot of great candid photos and also happily accommodated our more traditional portrait requests.

The final product is absolutely amazing! Her photos are truly stunning and we will cherish these pictures for many years to come. She captured every laugh, smile and memory of our day. Robin was also incredibly helpful after the wedding and designed a beautiful wedding album, which we love!

If Robin is available for your wedding day, you should book her now!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Ryan · Married on 06/07/2014

We hired Robin Jolin to capture our wedding and we couldn't be happier! Robin and her assistant were very flexible with us and even showed up an hour early to shoot in the bride/bridesmaids room. They were very friendly, talented, and affordable. The pictures turned out perfect! If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, book this photographer!!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Maggie · Married on 06/06/2014

I was provided names of photographers by my venue, none of which really spoke to my style and all of which were over priced. I found Robin on a wedding website, had my first phone call and never looked back. The experience I had with her was well worth the money. She helped coordinate that day better than any planner. The absolutely stunning photos were just icing on the cake! Our biggest hurdle with our photography is now choosing which gorgeous photos to print! I couldn't rate her and her team high enough. THE best gift to come home to after the honeymoon was her pictures. She's truly a unique talent.

Sent on 06/19/2014

Jenkasz · Married on 05/17/2014

Robin was an absolute joy to work with from first meeting to post-wedding correspondence (seriously, she's the best)! She is insanely talented, passionate, and so much fun to be around. She makes you feel like you are at the very top of her priority list and is both timely and quick to respond. Her ability to make you feel comfortable in front of the lens is unmatched- we could not have asked for a better person to capture our engagement and wedding day. My family and friends adored Robin and made it a point to let me know how fantastic she was to have around. They could not be more right! I have and will continue to recommend Robin to others and praise her work. I can't say enough about how lucky we are to have met and worked with her. Every couple deserves the best of the best on their wedding day- with Robin, you get just that!

Sent on 07/22/2014

I absolutely enjoyed working with Robin. She is very talented and so easy to work with. All our wedding pictures came out so beautifully. She is the best photographer ever!! I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Robin was really fun to work with. And the pictures she produced were quite lovely. She was always willing to try and shots we liked, and she had some fun ideas too. Overall, we were very happy with our photographer choice because the pictures were beautiful and returned to us quickly, and also because it was nice to have Robin around. You have to hang out with your photographer all day on your wedding day, so it is important to like the person. And we definitely did. Robin is awesome!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Suzanne · Married on 04/01/2014

Robin was amazing! We brought Robin along to our intimate family wedding in Costa Rica and we are so happy we chose her as our photographer for a day we never want to forget! She captured it so incredibly! What amazing photots to go along with an amazing experience!

Sent on 04/28/2014
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 02/22/2014

Working with Robin was so amazing. She is extremely professional, personable and incredibly talented. Her work speaks for itself, it’s stunning. But beyond just her beautiful photography, Robin is simply a pleasure to have around on your wedding day. She puts everyone at ease, you hardly notice she’s there taking pictures, and she captures the most perfect moments that you may not even realize are happening. It’s been a few months since our wedding and I still catch myself mesmerized by the photos Robin took. She captured our special day in the most incredible way possible.

Sent on 04/28/2014

Rachel · Married on 11/02/2013

Robin was an incredible photographer for our wedding! My husband and I are not that comfortable in front of the camera so for us it was really important to feel a connection with our photographer. Robin is just so amazing! I really cannot say enough good things. She captured the best images of both of us and made us feel beautiful and comfortable the whole time. My family and bridal party also felt this way and were so pleased with her professionalism and personality that they have already used her for other family photo endeavors. I also did a boudoir shoot with her and our engagement session. Both shoots went amazing and the photographs are beautiful. She was also extremely fast at responding and giving us our photos back.

We will be using her for the rest of our lives that is for sure! Baby photos, family portraits, whatever we can possibly think of!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Natalie · Married on 10/26/2013

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our wedding! Robin and her team made sure to capture every moment, from the time I was getting ready to all the dancing and partying afterward! We have beautiful shots of our family and friends and I am so excited to share all of them. Robin was so kind and made everyone feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We have wonderful posed and candid shots! Please consider using Robin Jolin when you get married or for any other event. We just had a baby, so I am sure we are going to be calling on her again! Thank you Robin!

Sent on 12/18/2013
  • User2066599 · 2+ years ago

The day of our outside wedding it poured and we were a little stressed and worried to say the least. Robin put us so at ease and our wedding pics turned out spectacular!!! All of our family and friends were so impressed with her. Thank you so much for capturing these moments!

Sent on 10/14/2013
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/07/2013

Robin was our photographer for our wedding a few weeks ago. When I found her online, her gorgeous photos caught my eye! She has an eye for detail and vibrant colors. I love that!

I called her and she was SO helpful, friendly and professional. We immediately booked her for our wedding and it was AMAZING. Robin did an awesome job, everyone LOVED taking pictures with her, she made the experience so memorable.

Our pictures came back so quickly and were SO gorgeous! Thank you Robin!!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Debbie · Married on 09/01/2013

Robin photographed our daughter Christine/Mat's wedding. She did a phenominal job capturing ALL of the wedding and reception including getting ready in the hotel suite, the first look and all the before venue pictures. She was very pleasant and exceptionally professional.

Sent on 09/15/2013

Robin and her husband, Jerred, were terrific shooting our outdoor, BBQ wedding. Calm, collected, super sweet and both assertive and considerate. They were our only professional vender and completely worth it. We can't recommend them more highly. Oh, and the pictures turned out great, too!

Sent on 12/17/2013

Jane · Married on 08/03/2013

I found Robin through wedding wire while browsing the portfolios on here. I was looking for an artist who has a good eye for modern naturally beautiful shots that don't look too "staged", and whose shots just radiate joy and happiness. As you can tell, Robin's style is just that! We chatted once on the phone and we just clicked and I kind of knew in my gut that she knew what I was looking for. Robin is friendly, professional and very helpful in guiding a super noob client (I never hired a photographer before!), even on that first phone call she suggested a timeline for my day, which at that point I didn't knew was a thing!

My husband and I are not photogenic people. He frankly kind of hates being filmed, and I am usually pretty shy. You would NEVER guess that from the photos she took of us on our wedding! Robin and Nina made us feel so comfortable and just guided us through what came out to be absolutely gorgeous photos in which we looked like naturally beautiful models who love the camera! Then there are all the wonderful candid shots that captured the happiness of our day, the way it really felt to me. Talk about magic. :)

One anecdote summarizes Robin to me. During our site walkthrough, I told her that my main fear was tripping on my dress and falling on my face as I walk down the aisle, and then Robin just said, "Oh don't worry! Even if that happens, I will make it look amazing!!" And we just laughed. That is how working with Robin will be like. She will take the worry away and the photos will be amazing, no matter what happens. Thank you Robin!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Kate · Married on 06/22/2013

Robin is great! We wanted a photographer who had an artistic eye, beautifully captured candid moments without being overbearing and was easy going yet professional. This is Robin. She and Jarred captured our wedding day perfectly. Robin was able to snap stunning photos without taking all our time. She understands the importance of the bride and groom being present at their own wedding so she encouraged us to enjoy ourselves and leave it to her. She never stopped! She and Jarred arrived around 2pm and stayed with us until we left around 10:45pm.

Robin was so kind to our guests. I had many people tell me how wonderful, enthusiastic and generous she was which makes photos come out more real when people are comfortable. I gave her a "shoot list" which she stuck to and utilized the whole night so I never worried about whether she was taking the right photos.

Leading up to the day, Robin was very attentive, meeting us twice (once before we committed and once at our site), yet she did not require any hand-holding and she didn't take much of my time. She was there whenever I had questions or thoughts.

Overall Robin felt less like a "wedding vendor" and more like a professional friend. We had lots of fun together which I think truly paid off in the photos. We never felt forced or awkward. She captured the whole day perfectly and we couldn't be more happy with her work. If she's available, definitely have her photograph your wedding (or other gathering).

Sent on 07/15/2013

Christine · Married on 06/08/2013

The photos that Robin took of my daughters wedding are amazing! She not only took beautiful photos but she captured the special moments between the bride & groom & their parents & friends and the sheer happiness of the day. She is truly an amazing photographer and her love for what she creates shines through in her amazing pictures!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Jaclyn · Married on 06/08/2013

Robin really captured the joy of our wedding day. I appreciate that we did not spend a lot of time doing portraits but still got amazing pictures, Robin was extremely efficient! The wedding walk through made the day of so much easier!
    When I received my DVDs and prints they came is a beautiful box. The Prints were matted and ready to hang and the DVD came organized so I was not over whelmed by all the pictures.

Sent on 06/30/2013

After my now husband and I got engaged I started to immediately search for a photographer. We were living in Washington, DC at the time and were planning a wedding in Sonoma, CA for the following May. With a long list of photographers and phone calls, I talked to Robin. It was a breath of fresh air and we knew she was perfect for our special day. Her enthusiasm and cheerful personality makes taking photos a wonderful experience!

Her photographs capture the happiness and joy of weddings. She made everyone feel at ease and made taking pictures fun and effortless. Robin not only captured photos of family and our friends, but was able to capture pictures that really encompassed the essence of our wedding day. We are so happy with how the photographs turned out and are so excited to have them in our home! As one of my family members said “she was able to capture the fairytale and tell the story of your wedding day.” Thank you Robin for everything that you did to create such amazing and timeless photos!

Sent on 05/21/2013