74 Reviews for Robert Paetz Photography

Digital Files (4)
High-Res Images (3)
Liability Insurance (1)
Albums (1)

This is a dreadfully long overdue review but an important one! I can’t recommend Robert Paetz more highly for wedding photography. He is a consummate professional, a great guy, and someone you can trust with your wedding memories - after all, the photos are the one thing that will last throughout the years! For that reason, photos were a top priority for my husband and me when planning and budgeting our wedding.

I found Robert via a recommendation on a wedding forum, loved his portfolio of photos, and was so excited to learn that he’ll travel anywhere in SoCal without an extra fee. I have yet to learn of any other photographers who offer that same service! Robert has excellent communication with clients, and I never had any cause for concern from the time we retained him to the day we got our photos. I was blown away by how many finished photos we received and how quickly we got them. We were still on our honeymoon when he posted the sneak peek of our photos on his blog!

His professional wedding albums are also top notch, and he did a fantastic job with the layout of ours and was very easy to work with as far as asking him to swap out some photos for the ones we liked more. We married in September, and we received our finished leather-bound album before Christmas, along with two smaller albums for our parents so we were able to give them as Christmas gifts!

Robert is LGBT+ friendly - and I mention that because, while that was not a direct concern for us as a cis hetero couple, I hope throwing that term in this review might make it easier for him to pop up in search results if any LGBT+ couples planning a wedding are googling photographers. Robert has many awesome examples of his work from same-sex weddings on his website and blog. :)

Profile Picture Melanie, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

The most important vendor to us on our wedding day was the photographer. We solicited bids from 22 photographers, and set up interviews with our 6 favorite. Upon meeting Robert, we immediately knew we had a great visual and personal fit. Robert is communicative, fast to reply and very professional. He is also a great guy to spend time with for engagement pictures and special intimate moments, knowing how to guide us to getting the best shots possible. He is a great and fast editor, sending pictures to us in hi res at an incredible speed. There is no better photography service or person for your wedding than Robert. Hire with confidence.

Profile Picture Ryan, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Simply amazing and professional. Robert is the best choice you can make.

Profile Picture User4564495, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Robert photographed our wedding in mid-December and it was wonderful. To start off, he was flexible and willing to travel to Colombia to spend a whole weekend with us and that right there shows how committed he is to his work and customers.
He was great to have around, always with his camera ready to capture a candid moment but never making you feel watched or uncomfortable. He is very friendly, easy going, and polite, making him the perfect photographer for such an intimate moment in your life. It was like having a friend around and all our family and friends really liked him!

His photographic skills and gear are incredible and you can tell that he is a professional in 2 minutes! He was extremely efficient and organized when taking the “official” post-ceremony photos with both of our families. Then he took us away from the guests for a more intimate photo session that turned out beautifully. Later during the party, at around 9 pm or so, he ran to my wife and I and said that the stars were out and that we could try a short astrophotography shoot. The photos are breathtaking! He was able to light us using various flashes and filters and still get the stars to show in the sky—wow! Only a photographer with great skills, creativity, and experience can pull this off. We received our final photos very quickly—3 weeks or so which is faster than what we’ve heard it takes other photographers—and we couldn’t be happier with the end result!

As a whole, our experience with Robert was incredible and we can’t recommend it him enough. His personality and friendliness will make you and your guests feel comfortable while he takes photos and his skills will deliver astounding results. If that’s not enough, he will travel anywhere in the world to photograph your wedding—he flew to northern Colombia for us! What else could you possibly need?

Thank you Robert, you made our wedding shine!

Profile Picture Simon, 12/19/15, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

Robert was an amazing wedding photographer! He and Cara did a wonderful job at our wedding in September.

I have worked with him for some individual shots as well as our engagement photos. For our engagement photos, he helped to find a location that suited what we were looking for. We used a beach setting and a wilderness setting. He was great at getting all the right shots and wasn't afraid to get in the ocean to capture the perfect moments.

For our wedding, he was so creative to get magical shots of us and really enhance our day. He helped make us laugh and loosen us up to have fun with the attention being on us. He is always willing to go the extra mile and make us feel really comfortable.

He is super professional and is great with getting back to you and organizing the whole day. He meets with you before the wedding to make sure he is capturing your vision and that everyone is on the same page. And after the wedding, he works quickly to get your photos completed and keeps great blogs about your sessions.

I definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing photographer!

Profile Picture User5537922, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Unfortunately, everything positive I can possibly say about Robert and his team has already been said. Just go ahead and meet with him. He has the perfect balance of professionalism, charisma and sense of humor. All you have to do is stand there and follow his directions and believe me you will not regret it. He did our engagement photos and our wedding and folks cannot stop saying how amazing he was. The best part is that he lets you enjoy the night with your family and friends, captures it all and never makes it feel invasive at all. The quality of photos is unmatched. We are excited to continue working with him.
Thank you Robert!!!!

Profile Picture Karla, 7/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We could not have had a better experience with Robert. He is a professional through and through, and from our very first meeting he was ready to answer any and all of my questions. He knew what I was going to ask before I even had a chance to ask. My husband is very awkward having his photo taken and was not looking forward to all the photos day of, and especially not an engagement session. Robert made him feel instantly at ease and my husband was actually looking forward to seeing him again.

Included in the price is an engagement shoot, which was a ton of fun. Robert worked with us to find a good spot. He arrived early to the park we chose to scout it out and find good places to take our pictures. He cracked sarcastic jokes the whole time, which kept us feeling comfortable. We ended up having a blast, and he even extended the shoot for free so we could go down and get some photos at the beach during sunset. We got some of the photos from the shoot within 24 hours, and the rest within a couple days. They were stunning, and definitely made us look better than we really are.

When we had a mix up with our venue and we needed Robert to get a last minute day of permit with the city of Huntington Beach, he jumped on it and had it taken care of extremely quickly, no problem.

Day of, Robert was wonderful. He arrived early, got all the details photos out of the way, then took some great getting ready photos. His wife, who often shoots with him, is studying abroad, so he had another second shooter with him day of, who took care of the groomsmen and my husband while they were getting ready. He got some of my favorite photos of my husband day of. They worked beautifully with everyone during the ceremony, getting great photos and staying out of sight. He worked easily with all the coordinators, and got us a sneak peak of our photos the night of our wedding, with the whole rest of them following very quickly behind. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Profile Picture Rose, 6/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

If you're looking at wedding photographers your search is over. Robert not only captured our wedding beautifully but he honestly made the day (and entire wedding experience) better. He's incredibly professional, sincere, thorough and positive. He fielded tons of questions from us and answered all of them with patience and detail. He turned around some sneak peeks of our wedding in LESS THAN 12 HOURS... how is that even possible? He's a magician. He made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and truly captured us at our happiest. The value Robert brings is more than just his photography skill. He gave us advice on our timeline, our events and even fashion (he was totally right about me wearing a necklace). He is such a positive presence to have around your day and he worked seamlessly with all of our other vendors. My husband and I are already talking about when we can work with Robert again (maybe a first year anniversary astro session!). The bottom line is that a lot of things can go wrong with a wedding but we were confident, and eventually proven right, that with Robert leading our photography we would end up with stunning pictures and a stress-free experience.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/14/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Robert did a PHENOMENAL job photographing our wedding. Hiring him was definitely the best decision we made for our entire wedding! I have raved about him to all my friends and recommend him to everyone I know!

We were a bit concerned about wedding photos because my husband and I are not photo people. Robert assured us he could work well with us, despite our general aversion to posing...and he didn't disappoint.

The day of the wedding he arrived early with his awesome assistant Kenny. They were fun, polite and just great to work with. We did all our formal photos before the wedding and Robert has an amazing eye for what will make a great photo. He didn't try to pose us, he just had us talk and laugh and kiss and the photos turned out amazing! We then got the families/wedding party together and Robert quickly and efficiently worked through our rather large combination of families. The sunset photos are some of my favorites! He has some incredible methods to create gorgeous effects. Everyone keeps raving about how perfect the colors are.

He got us a teaser the SAME DAY of the wedding, blogged an additional 20 photos about 5 days later, and he uploaded/mailed our entire set of wedding photos just 8 days after the wedding! I'm sure his timeline varies based on the season and we were "off-wedding season," but I never thought I would get the photos so quickly! And they are fabulous! We have 531 amazing pictures from the 7 hours he was with us, for a very reasonable price. The composition is perfect, the colors are amazing. Everyone we've shown has just raved about how amazing the photos are. Its been almost impossible trying to choose our favorites for framing and photobooks.

I am so glad we hired Robert. I wanted someone to capture on my wedding day how amazingly happy my husband and I are together and Robert absolutely did that. We could not possibly have gotten better wedding photos.

Profile Picture Blue Eyed, 2/7/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. Robert is professional and extremely talented. We felt very comfortable with him on our wedding day and engagement session. We are so happy with our pictures!!!
He and his team captured every moment of our memorable wedding.
Not only was he punctual but he also helped to keep the other vendors on schedule, which further allowed us to enjoy our big day. Thank you Robert.

Lance and Veronica Somoza

Profile Picture Lance, 11/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Robert was very professional, patient, and easy to work with. The pictures we received were beautiful, and came in a timely manner. Some of my family can sometimes be hard to understand since English isn't their first language, but he was very patient and did his best to understand everyone who talked to him - and he was good with little children!

Profile Picture User3735268, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I think one of the smartest decisions we made in planning my daughter Noelle's wedding was to hire Felicia and Robert Paetz as the wedding photographers. They are truly gifted in the art of photography and they are a delightful and fun couple, too! They were everywhere on wedding day and yet they were never obtrusive. They were gracious and aware that both the bride and groom had big rambunctious families and they managed it all with sensitivity and beautiful creativity. The preview photos were stunningly gorgeous. Our guests commented on how easy and thoughtful they were as they captured the wedding for us. I am beyond grateful to them for the way they worked together to seize moments that will bring us joy forever.

Profile Picture Maureen, 8/23/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can't say enough about the incredible experience my husband and I had with Robert and Felicia of Robert Paetz Photography! From our initial meeting via Google Chat (we live in SF), to our engagement shoot, to our wedding day, and every email in between, Robert and Felicia were professional, warm, thoughtful, and full of such great energy! We knew within seconds of seeing them on our video chat that we HAD to have them as our photographers for our wedding! This was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. They're pictures are such incredible quality and they are remarkably easy to work with. I have never had a photoshoot before, and Robert and Felicia made us both feel so comfortable- we had so much fun at both shoots! Thank you, Robert and Felicia, for capturing our love in such a beautiful way. We are so grateful for your awesome personalities and incredible talent! And we're glad to say that we have 2 new friends from this process!

Profile Picture Noelle, 8/23/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We hired Robert and Felicia to shoot our wedding after substantial research for a wedding photographer. We were struck by the quality of the images and were excited to work with them. Robert and Felicia make a wonderful team for weddings specifically as they also are husband and wife team. They provide the perfect balance of skill, professionalism and responsiveness. We were so excited to get home from the honeymoon and already have a gallery of preview images waiting. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer team!

Profile Picture Heidi, 8/2/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Choosing Robert and Felicia as our wedding photographers was honestly the best decision we made regarding our wedding. From day one, I was so impressed with their organization. Our first meeting we went over the wedding timeline. I almost felt like I had 2 more wedding planners with them because they knew exactly what they were doing. They are very quick with both communication and editing. We had our sneak peak within days of the wedding. I felt very comfortable with them, which is huge, because if you're not comfortable, it shows in your pictures! I can't stress enough how great Robert and Felicia are. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 6/14/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Robert and Felicia! One of the best decisions we made was to hire this amazing duo as our photographers for our wedding day. Not only did we end up with amazing and beautiful pictures for our engagement as well as of our wedding day, but we found two really great people that share our love for food! I wish we lived closer so we could be food buddies!

Robert and Felicia have a great gift of being able to make you feel comfortable and at ease with the entire process. From the moment we met them, we were smitten. They are friendly, easy to work with, and they respond very quickly, even though they are busy busy people. Plus, they are totally flexible and willing to work with you in any way they can. We were able to fly them out to NYC to take our engagement photos (and Robert was totally ok with us using miles and dealing with annoying layovers) and the photos turned out beyond our expectations. Come weeks before our wedding, and Robert and Felicia helped ease our stress by helping us with our timeline and even scoping out possible places in Orange County to take photos with our bridal party. On the day of the wedding, Felicia was amazing, helping make sure that everything was taken care of so I wouldn't have to worry--she even bustled my dress for me. Both Robert and Felicia showed up on time and were amazing throughout the entire day. When they emailed us our pictures a few weeks later, they were so beautiful we ended up asking them to make albums for us! My only complaint about these two is that I wish they would have stayed and partied with us longer!!!!!

We would, without a doubt, recommend Robert and Felicia to any of our friends and we will definitely be in touch with them for any of our photography needs, even if we are no longer in the area (they're THAT great!). Its amazing to find people who are talented and do amazing work, but its even better to have found great people we can call friends at the end of the day.

Profile Picture User4336113, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about Rob and Felicia. My husband and I got engaged in June of 2012, and eagerly began planning the wedding. Like most couples, the wedding day photos were at the very top of the "most important" list, and we tirelessly researched different local photographers in the Los Angeles/SoCal area. We met with a couple different photographers, however as soon as we met Rob and Felicia we know we had found "the one"! Their portfolio was impressive in itself -- we were looking for a photographer who not only had a keen eye for interesting photos, but most importantly, we were looking for someone who would capture the emotions of the day, and this was a key element where the other photographers fell short. So after meeting with them, we booked them for our wedding that was originally planned for November 1st in Malibu. Well, several months later, we ended up deciding to do a destination wedding in Punta Cana, Domincan Republic instead. At first we didn't think we could afford to have Rob and Felicia at our wedding overseas, however as we looked at the portfolios of the hotel vendor photographers, and even the local photographers in the area, it became apparent that the most important piece of our wedding day could be jeopardized! And we knew that no matter who we booked, the photos would just not be anywhere near as beautiful as Rob and Felicia's work. So, we were able to whittle away at other expenses and thankfully, Rob and Felicia were able to fly out to Punta Cana to photograph our wedding day! I am SO GLAD and THANKFUL that we were able to have Rob and Felicia!!! Not only did all of our photos come out amazing, but without Rob, my now husband would not have had anyone to tie his tie! And without Felicia, I would not have had anyone who could lace up my corset dress!! These two not only gave us the most precious gift of amazing wedding photos, but they also made our wedding day so much more smooth and enjoyable! THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Joanna, 12/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Save yourself the trouble and hire Robert and Felicia RIGHT NOW. They are beyond phenomenal. We didn't hire a day-of-coordinator because we only had about 110 guests. But having Robert and Felicia was like having a coordinator in itself. They helped keep everything on schedule, made sure we got all the pictures we wanted, were always direct and communicative. These were just perks because I initially hired them based on their portfolio. Not your standard wedding photos. They find great angles and interesting compositions. Their work is elegant and impeccable. Plus they are really fun to work with!

Profile Picture Cindy, 11/2/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I never considered another photographer for my wedding. From the first time I saw Robert and Felicia's work, I knew I wanted to work with them. They are both two of the warmest, kindest people I've ever met, in addition to being incredibly talented. My initial correspondence with Felicia was over e-mail, and she was both prompt and thorough when it came to addressing any questions I had (both day and night). I never for a second doubted that she and Robert knew exactly what they were doing. Since I live in Colorado and was getting married in California, it was wonderful to feel like the distance didn't matter--they were both so on top of the details, and had great suggestions for what type of photographs we might want, as well as a timeline of events for the big day. When it was finally time for our engagement shoot, Robert and Felicia made both my husband and I feel so at ease in front of a camera. We are both a little camera shy, but they were great at making us laugh, getting beautiful shots, and keeping us comfortable the whole time.

On the day of our wedding, they were the epitome of patience and professionalism--from capturing our first look and ceremony to wrangling family members and our wedding party, they made us feel so special, and were just a pleasure to work with. Once we received our wedding pictures...wow. There are just no words. These are pictures we will cherish for our entire lives--not only because it was our wedding day, but because of how breathtaking they are. They are natural, capturing the genuine emotion of the day, but (as my best friend said), the pictures also look like they could be in a magazine. I cannot stress enough how wonderful our experience was, from start to finish. Of all the little details of our wedding--besides getting married, of course--the pictures were the most important to my husband and me...and Robert and Felicia delivered more than we ever could have hoped for.

Profile Picture Alejandra, 10/20/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Robert and Felicia were so much fun! I have quite a large family and had to get a lot of group photos, and they worked quickly and smoothly, without making anyone feel rushed. I have to giggle at how stealth they are! I just love it!! The were popping up everywhere at our reception, yet were completely unobtrusive. What a combination, and what a duo they are! I can't wait to do anniversary photos with them! :)

Profile Picture Angela Jo, 10/19/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Robert and Felicia are amazing photographers! I don't need to say much about their photos because you can just see by looking at their past work that they are masters of light, angles, color, and making an ordinary setting appear like the most beautiful setting on the face of the planet. Even though I knew they made such beautiful pictures, my jaw still dropped when I received my wedding pictures and saw how they had captured my wedding day.

On top of their amazing photography, they are also great people to work with. They are VERY organized and dependable. This was the first thing I noticed when I met them. They are laid-back and extremely friendly, but take their work very seriously. I had no doubt in my mind that they would be on time to my wedding and would capture all the important shots. They are also great at communication and answered emails quickly and also delivered my photographs even quicker than I expected! It's great for a bride to have a vendor that they instantly have complete faith in and don't have to check up on like other vendors!

On my wedding day, Felicia was with me while I was getting ready and seemed like an old friend, calming me and making sure everything was going smoothly. They also had a copy of my timeline, and when the DJ missed something on the timeline he was supposed to announce, they discretely reminded him so that it wouldn't be missed. WOW! Photographers that not only take amazing photographs, but also make your wedding day run more smoothly?? You seriously can't go wrong with these two.

Profile Picture User2978711, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

First and foremost, Robert and Felicia's style of photography is what attracted us to them from the start. Scouring the internet for wedding photographers was daunting to say the least. However, after searching blog after blog, Robert and Felicia always stood out among the rest. The clarity and composition of their work is natural to them, but I'm certain it took years to develop. Technically speaking, their photos are superb.

On top of their technical skill, they were also super helpful throughout the entire wedding process. It seemed like they knew what we were thinking at all times and didn't hesitate to offer an extra hand. They know their business and made our day go incredibly smoothly. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Karen, 9/14/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Robert & Felicia…AMAZING. One of the requirements that my husband and I had for our wedding day was that we wanted vendors that we could “vibe” with. Once we met Robert & Felicia, we knew we had to hire them for our wedding day. They were so professional, easy going, and personable. And their organization skills were phenomenal. It didn’t matter that we had 18 months away from our wedding day…we didn’t need to search anymore as we found the ONE's!

Our decision was solidified after our first engagement shoot- we had two. Robert & Felicia really made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. And the pictures from both shoots were just AMAZING…I had some printed for our wedding day. All I have to say is that the printed copies of our pictures are even more beautiful than seeing the photos in front of the computer screen. That’s when you know you have a talented photographer! I promised myself that I would print all of our pictures once the wedding day has passed.

Robert joked with me that by the wedding day, Felicia and I were going to be best friends. He was RIGHT! When they arrived on our wedding day, I started to tear. It was like I was really sharing this moment with two friends. They really took care of us on our wedding day. From bustling my dress to ensuring that my husband and I had a moment to breathe, these two made it happen. There are no words to describe how thankful I am for these two.

Beautiful pictures, hardworking, true professionals, great people, and talented photographers…the perfect all-in-one package. By far the best investment we made.

P.S. My husband and I are already planning to have our first anniversary shoot with them. We can’t wait!

Profile Picture Mildred, 8/3/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

As my now-husband and I planned our wedding, photography was our top priority, outside of the venue location. He's a photographer so you could imagine that the "standard posed wedding photography" wasn't going to work. We went into this vendor search process just wanting good products -- but with Robert and Felicia, it was an awesome surprise that not only could we get the amazing photos but ALSO two easy-going, fun people with whom we could enjoy our wedding!!

We were planning our Los Angeles wedding from the east coast so we started this journey with a phone call. It wasn't all about just the prices and a list of products, but they helped us talk through our vision of the entire day. The whole conversation eventually became a discussion of all sorts of wonderfully random things both wedding-related and not. By the end of the phone call, we had a basic timeline and the certainty that these two photographers *needed* to be at our wedding.

The first time we met them in person was at our engagement shoot a few months before our wedding. Felicia was my contact person and I had a pretty clear vision. She was so open to and excited for my ideas -- I became extra excited that someone else loved my ideas! The first meeting was amazing for several reasons:
1. They let us shoot at two different locations with two different themes.
2. Robert bust out amazing Eagle Scout abilities to set up our rustic tent setting.
3. You know the times when you meet some new people, you just click, and you can totally imagine being friends? Yep, it was super comfortable.

On our wedding day, they were at the venue early and despite all the craziness, they were cool, calm, and collected. It also helped tremendously that Felicia could speak to my family in Chinese! The photos are amazing and it will be hard to decide which ones to print for our house! They really make it a point to include personal touches, and that meant quite a lot during wedding craziness!

Profile Picture Agnes, 8/2/13, 1 Review