46 Reviews for Robert F. Filcsik Photography

Liability Insurance (1)
Toning (1)
Proofs (1)
46 Robert F. Filcsik Photography Reviews

Robert made himself available for a pre-event consultation call and was very hands-on during the whole process. He was great to work with during the event and went with the flow. The pictures are beautiful and I wish we could work with him again at our NH reception!

Profile Picture Jamie, 1/17/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Toning

Robert was the most professional photography I have ever met! He made taking gorgeous pictures seem effortless!

Profile Picture Kim, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Services Used: One Event/Day, High-Res Images

Robert was great. Pictures are spectacular, whole family impressed. Be sure to schedule plenty of time for photos. You will be very happy with results. Don't rush it.

Profile Picture Vito, 4/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Robert was our wedding photographer and I couldn't be happier with the pictures he took- they were AMAZING. Crystal clear, great compositions, a wide variety of shots that ranged from the wedding itself to decoration details. My favorites were the intimate moments he managed to capture: me talking to my mother, girlfriends laughing, a private moment with my new husband. I really recommend Robert and would use him again myself.

Profile Picture User6572571, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
1.9

I would like to say that the quality of the pictures were absolutely beautiful, and I am thankful for having them when pictures are the only lasting visual memory we have once a wedding is past.

1. Let me begin by saying that Robert took my daughter's engagement pictures in March 2015 and was very professional and flexible when doing the engagement shooting, but the shopping cart for the engagement pictures was not uploaded until 10/27/15. That was 7 months after they were taken.
2. We met Robert a week before the wedding to discuss preferences and left thinking we were on the same page, but on the day of the wedding he did not honor my biggest request, and that was for him to take pictures of our families and of the children who were in the wedding one hour prior to the wedding. Rather, he and his assistant were busy taking a lot of candid shots that did not interest us. This request was not fulfilled, and then when the pictures were taken after the wedding, the little boys did not look as neatly put together as they did before the wedding,
3. While taking the group photos, Robert did not make any suggestions as to where and how the subjects should stand. Where ever they initially stood was where the pictures were taken.
4. During the process leading up to the wedding (like getting the pic list together) and during the process after the wedding, Robert did not initiate one email conversation with us. We had to initiate all conversation to get updates.
5. Comments were made by others as to the "rushed" feeling he projected while at the wedding.
6. Be attentive to reading Robert's contract - not once does he give a certain date/time as to when photos will be ready.

Profile Picture User6149158, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Digital Files

Robert and his assistant took excellent photos on our wedding day! We felt at ease throughout the months leading up to our big day due to Robert's timely responsiveness. The quality of Robert's photos speak for themselves. Now that the excitement of the wedding is over, we are enjoying selecting photos for our album...the only problem is that there are so many great prints, it is extremely hard to decide!

Profile Picture Lesley, 5/15/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot

Robert and his assistant were phenomenal on both occasions that I have used his services. I continue to get so many positive comments on all of the photos that he has produced. Folks are amazed at the quality and people always want to know who did the shots. Both times, I have desired nighttime or sunset photos and Robert has produced these with more magnificence and beauty than I could have ever imagined. The daytime photos was also phenomenal with crispness and clarity as well. I am really so amazed by his work and lucky to have stumbled upon his business in my search for wedding-related photography. Robert does not need to take a million pictures just to get one good one. He shoots with accuracy and precision and arrives highly prepared to shoot your custom photos right from the start. I can't recommend Robert more to as a superb photographer! You will not be disappointed! His prices and packages are great as well!

Profile Picture User4600841, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Robert and his assistant were absolutely flawless in the execution of photography at my fiancee and I's wedding. It was an extremely rainy and gloomy day, yet all of the photos looked like they were taken on a perfect day. The lighting and special effects he uses make every picture look perfect. He also knows exactly what looks good and what doesn't when it comes to poses, lighting, positions, and places to shoot. We had pictures taken at Duke Gardens and not only did he know exactly where to go, but he was able to position the lighting and camera to reflect the beautiful flowers in the scenery, mind you this was all done on a rainy, cloudy day, yet each picture looked perfect. I highly recommend him for photography of any event with any weather, whether its rain or shine the photos will come out perfect. He is extremely reasonably priced and actually the guests at our wedding said our photos were better than their wedding photos which cost them double what Robert Charges. Robert is very thoughtful, professional, and kind making him extremely easy to work with. Again flawless pictures which made our wedding not only special but memorable for a lifetime!

Profile Picture Spencer, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Robert was very easy to contact and communicate with. He was always on the ball. He is very knowledgeable about a variety of venues and settings for bridal portraits and wedding pictures. His photographs are of the best quality-you can't go wrong with choosing Robert! From what I have seen of my wedding pictures so far-they are WONDERFUL and I cannot wait to see the rest! i would recommend looking into him as your event photographer because he has a variety of packages and is flexible and works with you for what you want. I am very glad I was able to have Robert as my photographer for both my bridal portraits and wedding pictures.

Profile Picture Suzanne, 9/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Cannot say enough good things about Robert Filcsik and his team at Filcsik photography! He photographed my September 2014 wedding and I am so pleased with the final results. If you want a photographer who is willing to take charge and get those great photos that you may not even realize you want - he's your guy. His great work is accentuated even further by his excellent email and phone response time and his willingness to work clients.

Profile Picture User4584792, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

What a *Phenomenally* talented photographer! Robert exceeded my every expectation - from the pre wedding planning to event itself - his professionalism, creativity, attention to detail and patience all enabled my event to be captured perfectly!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I were married on November 30, 2013 at the Chateau Bellevie in Fuquay Varina and we had the pleasure of having Robert as our photographer. Robert and Erica did an outstanding job. From our first meeting with Robert, you could see from his portfolio that he is a professional. His work stood out from the competition and he was very easy to work with. He was very detailed, prepared for every aspect of the day, and during our ceremony and reception you didn't even know he was there but he got the most amazing pictures. He is incredible!! I would recommend him to everyone and look forward to using his services again in the future.

Profile Picture Freddie, 11/30/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our wedding was the best day of our lives, and what an honor it was to have Robert & Erika there with us to preserve those memories!

Their work is absolutely GORGEOUS and even though we were already impressed with their portfolio, our pictures turned out better than we could have ever imagined!

Their prices were great, they had great communication before, during & after the wedding, they were very organized, and their pre-wedding consultation was extremely insightful -- not just how to get the best photos from our wedding, but also some great advice for our entire wedding planning process that saved us a TON of time & money!

They did an amazing job and made us look & feel like celebrities! We'll cherish our photos forever and feel so lucky that they were there to guide us and capture our special moments!

Don't even bother shopping for another photographer for your wedding -- Robert & Erika are THE BEST and I recommend them to anyone getting married! I was so impressed with them that I also plan to use them for my business!

Profile Picture Kara, 11/30/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Robert and Erika were extremely professional both prior to and during the wedding. He was recommended to me by a co-worker and we were very impressed with her pictures as well as the portfolio. He has a unique style that is hard to explain that results in the most beautiful pictures you can imagine. My only complaint with him is that it took over 6 months to get our pictures back! That is a really long time to wait to see pictures from your wedding day. I had friends and relatives asking me all the time to see pictures, and I didn't have them! What made it worse, I saw a review on weddingwire from a wedding on 11/30/13 complimenting the pictures from their wedding before I got mine! I am afraid to order any prints through him for fear that it will take another 6 months to get them. Overall, it was still worth it to have beautiful pictures that will last a lifetime.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/12/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

MAGAZINE WORTHY! I truly could not have chosen a better photographer! I stumbled upon Robert’s website while searching for engagement photo idea s in DC and I end up finding my photographer local to my NC wedding. I found his website and I was in awe with the quality of his photos. My husband fell in love with his work immediately and I scheduled a meeting with Robert. I could tell that he was extremely knowledgeable and he LOVED what he does! I talked to him for hours about photography and his passion was intriguing. I booked him that day. Robert gave some great advice along the way. You could tell his invaluable experience with weddings. It is extremely important to choose a photographer that has a background in weddings because they know the flow of a wedding and just were to position themselves to get those important shots.

Robert is very professional and he has a great personality. It was amusing to me that we laughed and talked for hours along the way but on the day of he was in full business mode. Robert and his assistant have the passion and energy that I could only dream of. Robert was very open to all my ideas and they both gave 200% to meet and exceed my expectations. The final product was breath taking! Every last photo was edited to perfection. He is very reasonably priced for the quality of photos that he is producing. Everybody raves about how awesome our photos are and what great work he produces. Thank you Robert and Erica for the PHENOMENAL job of capturing our day! We are so blessed to have found you.

Profile Picture Kim, 9/27/13, 11 Reviews
Category: Photography

Robert is an amazing photographer!!!!!! He was absolutely wonderful to work with and captured our day so vividly. The photography of our wedding was the number one priority for me and I wanted to find someone that knew what they were doing. Robert knows what he is doing and we will cherish these photos the rest of our lives. Robert and his assistant Erica are extremely professional, creative, and just flat out the very best!!!!!

Profile Picture Katrice, 6/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I would recommend Robert without reservation. He did a truly incredible job on our wedding and we are completely thrilled with the pictures. He was reasonable, professional, accommodative, responsive, helpful and very hard working. He and his assistant were literally running flat out the entire day to ensure they were always best positioned to capture important moments and he was very attentive in working with me for planning our wedding day photography strategy to ensure we made the most of the event. He really has a brilliant eye for setting and light and he captured really beautiful moments.

Profile Picture Charlotte, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

After all the fan fair is over, i.e. the wedding, the reception, the honeymoon, etc…… The photos and video are the main two things you will always have to cherish. I literally scoured through hundreds of websites, and read just as many online reviews. I was determined to find a photographer that had the same mindset as me. I am a perfectionist and did not want to settle for mediocrity for something so important us.
I narrowed my search down to about 5 photographers, and called them one at a time. After speaking with each of them, Robert came across as someone who sincerely loves his work. I didn’t get the same vibe from some of the other photographers, it seem to be strictly business for them. In fact one photographer wanted my fiancé’ and me to meet-up with her to do the actually photo shoot without even meeting with us, or discussing what we wanted.
After I met with Robert I knew he was the right guy. We wanted to shoot in 3 different locations, to capture sights that defined both of us. My wife is a “Southern Gal” and I am a “City Boy”, so we wanted to incorporate both places in our shoot. Robert had no problem traveling and working with us to capture everything we wanted in our shoot. He was attentive, responsive, and professional throughout the entire process.
Okay, as for his work…………. WOW!!!!! He showed up at the first location with great energy, and was ready to shoot even after driving 3 hours to South Carolina. His assistant was wonderful as well, she was great with the lighting, and worked well with bouncing ideas off of Robert. During each shoot Robert brainstormed to create the perfect lighting, the perfect pose, and the perfect picture.
Robert has the remarkable ability to capture emotion, candidness, and creativity in his photography. Robert’s post work(retouching / digital enhancing), matches his amazing photography.

I’m so glad I decided to go with my first instinct and work Robert.

James and Keya T.

Profile Picture James, 4/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Robert is really the best of the best. Hands down, no questions asked. I really enjoyed him and Erica. He was willing to offer suggestions when I needed to change the venue three months before the wedding. Super knowledgeable, friendly, available, flexible, Robert is all these things. If you need a photographer who you can count on and will offer on the best in event pictures, chose him! You will not regret it!

Profile Picture Son-Jai, 9/22/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

I loved working with Robert and his assistant Erica. They were so nice and professional. We've only gotten a couple pictures back thus far, but they are lovely and I can't wait to see the rest!

Arin & Jon Winter

Profile Picture Arin, 6/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Robert is a true artist. When we first met with him, he was so excited about various shots and I could just see how much he really loves his work and puts his whole heart into it. Even though I chose one of his lower packages, due to financial strains, he worked his butt off to try to capture absolutely everything by himself. And it paid off. The pictures we've received are AMAZING.

Not to mention Robert was very quick to respond to any and all questions throughout our planning phase. I highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Joy, 5/20/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Robert was very creative, professional and friendly to work with, we highly recommend him! He was very fast with returning the photos to us, and was very quick & responsive throughout. We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture IOANNA, 5/16/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Robert and his assistant did an excellent job with our wedding photos. They were professional, creative, and spent the entire 9 hours that they were at our wedding taking photos. I was impressed with how hard they worked to capture all of the important moments of our wedding day. Robert captured several fun moments too, fitting the character and mood our wedding, and he is great at candid shots. The finished photos are beautiful, artistic, and look like they belong in a magazine. Robert did a great job of capturing the "story" of our wedding. Looking through our photos is like reliving our wedding day. Robert is a true artist and takes great pride in his work. I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a hard-working, artistic photographer.

Profile Picture User2564833, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Robert and his beautiful assistant were absolutely brilliant! My husband and I fell in love with Filcsik Photography's edgy, timeless, classy, sophisticated style. Robert made us feel very natural and was able to capture genuine moments in time as they were happening. We didn't feel cheesy or posed, nothing unnatural was captured. It only took 7 weeks to get our flawless photos back and they are worth waiting 12 weeks for. Robert and his staff are very friendly, warm, artsy, and come well prepared to get their work done. Robert will do any sort of ideas you bring to mind and plans a head of time so he can get to know you and your future spouse. We would recommend him to anyone and everyone

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/10/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Robert is an amazing photographer. I fell in love with his pictures online and knew I had to have him for my wedding. From beggining to end he was nothing but professional, accomadating and extremely knowledgable. We had no idea where to go for our engagement session but we told him what we liked and he told us what would be best and made the whole experience very comfortable. The way he positions us on our surroundings is absolutly incredible. I was going to do bridal portraits at the beach, but the weather for that weekend ended up being awful. Robert didn't hesitate to offer us another time or another location, which we ended up at another location that was absolutly beautiful. At the wedding he was very accomadating to all the extra photos we wanted and got the most amazing photos of our entire wedding. He is so creative and doesn't miss a thing. Our families and friends love our photos and I would recommend him to everyone. Our friends are having him do their wedding after they saw our engagement and wedding portraits!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/21/12, 5 Reviews