Rob Duren Productions Reviews

1 User photo

Rob Duren Productions 1

Jessica · Married on 05/11/2019

Best dj ever!

We are so glad that we picked Rob for our ceremony and reception music. Everything was seamless and he exceeded all expectations. He’s very personalble, professional, and accommodated every request!

Sent on 05/24/2019

Tricia · Married on 05/05/2018

Rob is outstanding!! He is friendly, funny and personable as well as professional! He had an amazing voice and ability to lead the wedding reception! He was great to work with before, during and after the wedding. My daughter and I were so very, very thankful we had Rob for her wedding. We cannot imagine our memories of the wedding without him as a part of it. He is the BEST!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Rob Duren Productions's reply:

Thank you, Tricia, for your kind words. I'm glad you were pleased with my services. You did an amazing job of making Lexi and Connor's special day one for the record books! You're the SMOB (Super Mother of the Bride)! Best wishes, always!

Rob D.

Sara · Married on 04/21/2018

Really awesome. The dance floor was packed, Rob really listened to my musical preferences when making the music list, and unbelievable value. He even handled my 91-year old grandfather's requests with ease. Cannot recommend enough.

Sent on 04/24/2018

Kelsey · Married on 03/25/2018

I hired Rob Duren after attending an AMAZING wedding where he was DJ-ing. Not only was he super easy to communicate with, he was really flexible to work with, too! My timeline changed a little bit on the day of and he was amazing at keeping the flow of things going. As a DJ, he did way more than play music, he honestly kept the pace. He did way above and beyond and I had family members dancing whom I have never seen dance before.

Sent on 04/03/2018

Rob Duren Productions's reply:

Thank you, Kelsey, for your kind words! I'm glad you and Vincent enjoyed your special day! As a member of the band in my younger days, I totally got the vibe from your guests and appreciated their willingness to have a great time. Best wishes to you both and thank you for allowing me to play my small part on your BIG DAY! Special shout out to all trombone players too! (:

Courtney · Married on 02/24/2018

Rob was an absolute delight to work with. His aim is to keep us brides happy and relaxed. He is very professional, upbeat, prompt and knowledgeable. He has an extensive radio history and made it known he would talk as much or as little as we wanted. He was also very flexible with us needing him in 3 different locations at the venue throughout the evening and also with me not having figured out most of my music selections until a few days before (I was a little distracted)! His suggestions for the prelude were the majority of what we ended up going with too. Once the crowd got going he kept everyone on their toes! :) Couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Thanks again, Rob! :)

Sent on 03/07/2018
    Rob Duren Productions 2

Rob Duren Productions's reply:

Courtney & Aaron Diamond's wedding is why I still do this after 24 years! Wonderful families and friends that came ready to celebrate the bride and groom AND dance! I believe even the gnats were getting down by the end of the night! Congrats Courtney & Aaron .... And thank you for trusting RDP with your wedding entertainment!

Jordan · Married on 10/15/2017

Rob is great super fun to work with. He is very professional. He went above and beyond for us. Stuck to music that we choose and accommodated our guest with all their requests.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Jillian · Married on 10/08/2017

When Rob says he wants to play whatever YOUR music is, and make your wedding reception exactly what you want it to be, he means it! We hired Rob early in our planning process, especially because he seemed so accommodating to people who knew exactly what they wanted and had many specific songs they wanted played. He was extremely friendly, responsive, accommodating, and professional from the first conversation to the reception itself. He let us make our own playlist, change it a million times along the way, and even let us hook up my MOH phone up at the reception to play some last minute songs we forgot to put on the list! He was perfectly capable of entertaining our guests with his own DJ skills, but let us have the control as far as the genres and specifics that we "had to have". He was so nice and easy to get along with, and made the whole night fun! His introduction of our wedding party was perfect, and the way he transitioned from our first dances, to speeches, etc. was really seamless. Any change I threw at him was "not a problem" and he made sure that my husband and I were in the Cotton Dock to hear certain songs that we "could not miss". With wedding photos after the ceremony, and so many guests pulling you every which way, the way he was able to keep up with everything and us, and make sure the reception went exactly how we hoped it would was amazing! He is a true professional and an extremely accommodating and fun guy! I would recommend Rob and Rob Duren Productions for ANY special day you are planning and want a great DJ who truly wants YOU TO BE HAPPY! Rob, you made us SO happy! Thank you for making our wedding fairytale perfect in every way! I cannot wait to schedule another event and ask Rob to be our DJ!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Rob Duren Productions's reply:

Thank you, Jillian, for your VERY kind words. It's not very often I blush when I read a review! LOL It means the world to me (and RDP) that you were pleased with our services! Best wishes always .... AND keep rocking to Dr. Bacon!

chyril · Married on 07/22/2017

Shane was very professional in every way possible and kept the music going.
    I'm happy he was able to make our day enjoyable and special. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Kimen · Married on 06/23/2017

Rob was absolutely fantastic!! My guests had a wonderful time and I was so pleased that he did everything I asked him to do!! Rob played every song I requested, and really set the perfect notes to our special day!! He was personable and an outstanding value!! I highly recommend him to DJ any event!!

Sent on 07/15/2017

Bailey · Married on 06/10/2017

We absolutely LOVED Rob! We sent him the bare minimum on direction and "feel" for our ceremony and reception (we're not very picky) but he really took it and ran with it. Everyone had such a great time and I think the music really created that vibe at our wedding and we have Rob to thank for that. Thank you, Rob!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Alexandra · Married on 05/04/2017

I can't say enough good things enough Rob. From our initial email, I felt at ease with him. He was patient and kind, answered all of my questions and never pressured me to book him. He remained the same after I booked him and was always responsive to my emails and needs. Even when I changed things around with the wedding and music a few times.
    I was a little nervous about how everything would come together as this was a destination wedding and I had never met my vendors, but as soon as I met Rob I was knew I'd made the right choice. He was warm and engaging. I could see that he truly loves his job and has fun with it.
    It has been several weeks since our wedding and our families as still raving about the music and dancing. No easy task when my family is Hispanic and favors latin dance and salsa and groom's family is into rock and pop hits and known for not dancing. A less experienced or talented DJ would have struggled with what to play or how to mix it all together, but Rob took all of their requests, figured out what would make everyone in the room happy and blended their wide ranging tastes so seamlessly it felt like he was playing from our iPods .He never missed a beat and he was smiling the whole time.
    Not only did Rob keep us dancing, but he remembered all of our songs, got all of our announcements and cues right and got all of the pronunciations of our family and bridal party's names right. Impressive as we have some difficult names in my family and I've been to many a wedding where the DJ mispronounced or got a name completely wrong and/or missed a cue.
    Rob remembered everything I wanted and did not want including my dislike of organized dancing. When the groom himself requested "Cha Cha Slide" for his niece he asked my permission to play it first. That is true customer service.
    I am so happy I decided to book Rob for my wedding. His experience at his craft, his joy in doing it and his easygoing personality made our wedding the best day ever.

Sent on 05/21/2017

Adrienne · Married on 03/19/2017

Rob did such an amazing job at setting the tone we wanted for our wedding! He is professional, genuine and a seasoned pro. Easy to communicate with and didn't overcharge us like many dj services wanted to do. He really is the best and someone you can trust with the microphone ?? Definitely not some DJ out to prove he's got a personality. This should be the easiest decision in wedding planning....Hire Rob! ??

Sent on 03/29/2017

Kara · Married on 03/04/2017

One of our best vendor decisions was choosing Rob to be our DJ. He was always quick to respond, flexible, and accommodating and went above and beyond to make our wedding day special. Our guests raved about how great our DJ was. We can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Julie · Married on 11/11/2016

Rob did a wonderful with our wedding. He was very flexible and having his wife as our photographer made it a great one stop shop! Rob is a former local radio announcer, so he knows how to keep the event going and just having the perfect music! Thank you for helping to make our wedding magical!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Catherine · Married on 10/29/2016

Rob is an incredibly professional, talented DJ! In the beginning, I was a little nervous to pick a DJ. I had been to quite a few weddings where the DJ was just too cheesy, and I knew that I didn’t want that. Rob made sure that he knew exactly the kind of vibe we wanted and executed it to perfection! He allowed us to pick the songs but also wanted to know the songs that we absolutely didn’t want played. The best part about Rob? He’s a true professional. He wants to make his clients happy, and he listens to what they want. Once we hired Rob, I knew we had the music covered and didn’t have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Rob Duren Productions's reply:

Thank you, Catherine, for allowing me to play a part on your special day. The very best to you, Bryan and your Mom and Dad ... I was happy to play their wedding song too!
  • User4200860 · 2+ years ago

We LOVED working with Rob! One of my biggest concerns was that our guests wouldn't dance or have fun, but we all had such a blast. Mr. Duren played a really great mix of songs to cater to every age level and taste, and was able to download songs as they were requested, which kept everyone happy! He just had a really great, fun, easy personality to work with, and was super responsive and on top of things. We couldn't have asked for a better night!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Rob and Shane did a fantastic job and went above and beyond at the last minute when we forgot to send the "special" father/daughter dance music! Would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Morgan · Married on 06/11/2016

Rob and Shane were great to work with. They played great music and were very easy to work with especially since we had some specific requests

Sent on 07/06/2016

Kristen · Married on 06/10/2016

Rob was very responsive and prompt during my wedding planning. His pre-wedding questionnaire was very thorough and it prepared him (and us) well. At our reception, he played the exact music I had requested. In terms of the announcements he made throughout the night, he is professional and kept the focus on us. I'm glad he was recommended to us, and feel that his rates were very fair. Thanks Rob!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Rob and Liz were a great team! I recommend booking them together for photography and DJ services. Thank you!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Kylie · Married on 05/21/2016

I would highly recommend Rob Duren to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. Rob went out of his way to make our day special and include everything that we asked for. Rob was extremely responsive throughout the entire planning process and made sure that all of our little details and requests were included. My husband's entire family is from India, and he included a great variety of American and Indian music throughout our reception so that everyone was included and had an amazing time. Our dance floor was packed the entire time. I am so happy that I chose Rob to DJ our big day!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Samantha · Married on 05/07/2016

Rob is the man. We definitely understand why he has so many weddings under his belt...he came highly recommended by a co-worker, and he absolutely DID NOT DISAPPOINT! He was very thorough with us in the planning stage. We appreciated the all-encompassing information sheet he provided (this makes everything easier for both the wedding party and him as the DJ). He was also more-than-willing to sit down and have dinner with us about a month out from the wedding to go over any-and-all final touches and answer any questions we had. Went worked with him as he cut and mixed our first dance songs until we deemed them to be perfect. He even offered to go WAY out of this way and bring a ladder, climb up in the trees at Alhambra Hall, and hang cafe lights for us. Come the day of the wedding, he was all set-up and ready-to-go before I even knew he had arrived. He kept to the wedding schedule religiously. His transitions were perfect and seamless throughout the night. The music he played was always appropriate and on-point during dinner, for the first-dances, and throughout the night as the dance floor was open! Even days after the wedding, we have friends and family telling us how much they enjoyed the music and dance floor. I would highly recommend Rob to anyone that is looking for a DJ for their wedding (or any event!). Thanks again for everything!

Daniel & Samantha Peters

Sent on 05/17/2016

chelsea · Married on 04/30/2016

We enjoyed every minute working with Rob! He helped make our wedding stress-free and kept the party going all night!! He is extremely easy to communicate with and played all the music we requested - and more! Thank you, Rob!! We HIGHLY recommend Rob for any special event!!!

Sent on 05/14/2016
  • Kelly Watson

Kelly · Married on 03/26/2016

A big thanks to Rob Duren Productions for providing excellent entertainment for our wedding reception. He was super professional as our Master of Ceremonies and provided a wide array of musical selections to keep our entire reception engaged and entertained. A big thanks to him for finding a very specific song for my dad to dedicate to my mom for a special dance and also thanks to him for allowing our family to "take over" his booth and provide some Indian entertainment! My husband and I could not have seen our reception going any smoother than it did and he was absolutely influential in that. Thank you again Rob for helping to make our reception better than we could have ever dreamed of!

Kelly and Asvin

Sent on 03/30/2016

Lindsay · Married on 03/19/2016

Rob was fantastic! We looked at websites and reviews for a few DJs around Charleston for our wedding and ended up booking Rob because of his experience, his already great reviews, and his overall fit for what we were looking for - a DJ that would play songs that we liked and that would stay away from cheesy wedding stuff. He totally exceeded our expectations! He was always prompt with communication and even met with us to talk about details when we were in the area. He was able bring some extra equipment along for sound to our wedding (a mic with a stand for our reader and couple of lapel mics) that was a huge help. He transitioned seamlessly between playing music outside for cocktail hour and then inside for dinner and dancing. He was exactly what we asked for in an MC with providing simple introductions for us as a new married couple, key dances, speeches, and the last song of the night. Most importantly, he played fantastic music! He played all of the songs that we had wanted him to play, none of the songs we didn't want (even when a couple of our guests asked him to), and filled in the rest with songs that fit our style. In short - he was AWESOME! If you're looking for a DJ, do yourself a favor and book Rob - we would absolutely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 04/25/2016