RK Weddings & Events Reviews

17 | McKinney, TX

17 Reviews for RK Weddings & Events

17 RK Weddings & Events Reviews

Adaobi · Married on 10/07/2018

Rachel and Karen did an awesome job on my wedding! They were both very easy to work with and went above and beyond to ensure that everything went smoothly. They took the time to ask about the cultural elements I wanted to incorporate into my reception and ensured that everything was executed accordingly. I would definitely recommend their services.

Justin · Married on 05/31/2018

Abi from RK served as our wedding planner for the last several months leading up to our wedding. From the minute she took over, everything just seemed to run a whole lot smoother. She made order out of the chaos and helped us with just about everything by communicating with vendors, organizing our schedules, keeping us on track, serving as a wedding question hotline, and above all, ensuring that we were always excited and having fun, both during the planning process and the actual day of. She made sure the rehearsal and wedding day went off without a hitch, and we received numerous compliments from family and friends about Abi, with many saying she was the nicest and most effective wedding planner they'd ever been around. After working with her, we definitely agree!

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2018

I used Karen from RK Meetings for a partial wedding planning service and honestly don’t know how I would have finished my wedding with a smile on my face without her! We started planning together 30 days before my wedding and even though I had 95% of my vendors selected she was still so worth it! Karen called every vendor to review the contract, made sure they were aware of timelines and made sure they all new NOT to contact me with a problem the day of the wedding. One of the best feelings was someone asking me “When is the cake cutting?” and me being able to say “I have no idea, go ask my wedding planner!” I’m such a planner that I thought it would be hard to release the reigns, but Karen was so knowledgeable with so much experience that I knew I could truly just enjoy the day! Thank Karen!

RK Weddings & Events 1
    RK Weddings & Events 2
    RK Weddings & Events 3
    RK Weddings & Events 4
    RK Weddings & Events 5
    RK Weddings & Events 6
    RK Weddings & Events 7

Dani · Married on 05/12/2018

Karen and Abi saved my wedding. There were so many moments when I thought that all the million moving pieces going into a wedding were going to ruin the big day. They came through every time. They were part-time therapists, part-time mediators, part-time boss babes, and somehow still full-time wedding planners. You only get married once and when you do it is all about the team that you have to help you make it happen. I'm telling you right now that you will not and cannot go wrong with RK Weddings & Events. The time leading up to the day will be hectic. The day will be filled with nerves. And you want to do nothing the day after. They are with you the entire way. Hire them now because they saved my life.

Andrea · Married on 04/28/2018

I initially went back and forth with whether or not I wanted to hire any kind of wedding coordinator or services for my wedding. I thought, sure I am organized and can probably handle this on my own, but boy was I wrong! I cannot stress to you how glad I am that I ended up working with Rachael and the RK Wedding & Events team! From the first moment I "met" Rachael on a FaceTime call, she put me at ease and was so easy to talk to. I knew that she would help make my wedding day so special, and she truly did. I hired her for day of wedding coordination services, and she helped me make sure everything was taken care of as far as my contracts, scheduling, timelines, you name it. There were so many small details that she had brought to my attention throughout planning that I never would have even thought about - she was arguably the most valuable person I hired for the wedding. When it came to the wedding day, I was able to take a step back and focus on my groom, and our friends and family. I knew everything else was taken care of! It really took so much stress off of me and I can't thank Rachael and her team enough! She genuinely wants to help make your day everything you've dreamed it would be, and if you trust her with your wedding you are in wonderful hands! My wedding day was beyond perfect and there wasn't anything that was overlooked or forgotten about, all thanks to Rachael!

Lauren · Married on 04/07/2018

Rachael and the RK Meetings and Events team were nothing but amazing. We had a lot going on and she just stepped right in to help. From picking out invitations, flowers, catering, cakes and much more Rachael was there from beginning to end. Rachael and the RK Meetings and Events team made our dream wedding come true. I can not begin to thank them enough for everything they did for us. Thank you Rachael and RK Meetings and Events for such an amazing experience and perfect day!

RK Weddings & Events 8
    RK Weddings & Events 13
    RK Weddings & Events 14
    RK Weddings & Events 15

Pam · Married on 04/07/2018

My daughter and I met Rachael with RK Weddings & Events after a day of interviewing other wedding planners. It was obvious from the moment we met Rachael that we’d saved the best for last. Rachael stressed that her company’s motto was of taking care of the bride and groom, but also other family members as needed. This was important to me because I was dealing with some chronic health issues at the time. I was unsure what my situation might be by wedding time. Rachael’s approachable personality put us at ease while her professionalism was evident in her presentation.

We chose to hire Rachael and RK Weddings & Events for the entire planning process, as opposed to a “day of” planner. Their customizable package deals met our needs. From that point on she handled vendors, contracts, budget, catering, decor etc all from a customized, user friendly website.

I can’t say enough about what a great job Rachael did working closely with me as an out of town MOB, as well as my daughter and future son-in-law. She kept us updated and on track through conference calls, texts, emails and face to face meetings. Rachael’s attention to detail cannot be rivaled. She was on top of every situation and managed to “manage” this MOB and bride through decision after decision.

God had a different plan for me during the last couple of weeks prior to the wedding. I was hospitalized with liver failure and was suddenly unable to do anything other than focus on my health. Rachael’s motto of taking care of the family was lived out to the fullest. Our daughter and her fiancé were in great hands. Rachael walked them through every last minute detail. She even visited me at the hospital to assure my husband and I that she had things under control. To say that she went above and beyond is an understatement.

Needless to say, Lauren & Quentin were married in the wedding of their dreams, thanks to Rachael and her team.

Do yourself a favor. Get the best. Hire Rachael and her team.

RK Weddings & Events 16
    RK Weddings & Events 17
    RK Weddings & Events 18
    RK Weddings & Events 19
    RK Weddings & Events 20

Kylie · Married on 12/01/2017

I could not even begin to explain how much I loved working with RK Meetings & Events. They were invaluable to me as I planned my Dallas wedding from Houston. I did the month of planning and wish I had them step in earlier! They went through all of my contracts, contacted every vendor, saw every small detail that needed to be addressed and took care of it on their own. My favorite phrase from them was "I'll call them and handle that." Nothing will make a bride happier than hearing that! They gave me great suggestions and answered my phone calls multiple times a day as I began to stress about every little thing. Their expertise, positive attitude, and organizational skills were just what I needed to stop stressing and enjoy the process of planning my wedding. They handled everything beautifully and made sure to take care of both me and the groom all night. Friends and family were so thankful to have someone else to turn to with questions and to direct them on what to do instead of stressing me out. If I had to pick who my favorite and most invaluable vendor was it would definitely be them! They are worth everything and more!

Melissa · Married on 11/04/2017

Rachael is amazing!!! My husband and I can't thank Rachael enough for helping to make our wedding day perfect! We had our wedding at an all-inclusive wedding venue. It even came with a day of planner. However, my intuition told me I needed something more in order for the day to flow flawlessly. I found RK Event Planning on Thumbtack and hiring Rachael was one of the smartest decisions ever made. I “thought” I had done most of the planning before I hired Rachael but I was wrong. She not only helped me realize all the things I had not done but having her helped me to remain calm throughout the planning process. Rachael worked with us the three months leading up to our wedding to finalize timelines, confirm vendors, run rehearsal, and of course bring it all together the day of the event. She did a great job helping us create a timeline that we felt good about and turned my vision into a reality to make our ceremony and rehearsal pure perfection! Not only did she execute......she went above and beyond our expectations! Rachael was super friendly and easy to work with. She listened extremely well and really made sure that our wedding day was beautiful and perfect! She made sure that anything we needed that night was taken care of before we even realized we needed something. She is super organized and I highly recommend her!

Rachel · Married on 09/30/2017

For anyone considering hiring a wedding planner, I recommend that you use Karen with RK Meetings. Karen was always on top of things and by my side the whole process of planning my wedding! She kept us on track with the deadlines we set for ourselves, made sure that we stayed on budget, and she was consistently in contact with the vendors to make sure everything was perfect. She had so many great suggestions of ways to incorporate in our aviation theme into all aspects of our wedding and our visions combined created one of the most unique weddings any of my friends or family had ever been to. She directed while leaving plenty of room for the day to be our own unique vision. She made the planning process so smooth for us and had a timeline for our big day broken down by every 5 minutes! Every detail was strategically planned and coordinated. Karen made my wedding day amazing. I don't know what I would have done without her. Everything about our reception was perfect and her hard work all night was key to pulling it off! My friends and family still compliment me on how it was “one of the most fun and creative weddings they’ve ever been to!”

RK Weddings & Events 21

Melissa · Married on 09/03/2017

For every bride who ever said to herself "I don't need a wedding planner" let me tell you "YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND." These ladies should not be called wedding planners they should be called Fairy Godmothers because the work that they do goes above and beyond. First and foremost they are super organized which makes someone like me feel very at ease, there is nothing worse than a scatter-brain planner. They have so much experience and such an amazing positive attitude that planning our wedding was actually a fun experience. The day of the wedding we didn't have to worry about anything, we had an amazing time. Thank you ladies for understanding our vision, for being patient with us and for making our wedding one that our friends have yet to stop talking about. #keepintouch #chicharrones :)

RK Weddings & Events 22

Kacee · Married on 05/06/2017

Rachael and Karen at RK events are simply amazing. They were able to work with a small budget, provide feedback regarding vendors and ideas, and pull out an incredible backyard reception and ceremony. These ladies are extremely organized, and detail-oriented. I highly recommend using RK events for any size event. I have no doubt that our event went smoother because of them. I was able to have a worry free day on the biggest day of my life.

Marybeth · Married on 03/31/2017

We entrusted Rachael and Karen with planning and coordinating our big day and they executed it with perfection! Throughout the planning process, our enthusiastic planners were quick to share their extensive knowledge and went out of their way to accommodate our hectic schedules. We never felt pressured to follow wedding traditions “for the sake of tradition”, they empowered us to make our day our own. They were always available for meetings or questions – Rachael even dropped in on my hair/makeup trial appointment to say hello! Our planners ensured that our only concern on the wedding day was enjoying the biggest day of our lives. From the rehearsal to the grand exit – including fending off relatives so we could actually eat dinner – they showed complete professionalism and kept the event on track. We are so grateful to have the RK team on our side and would welcome them wholeheartedly to help us plan ANY event!

Nancy Grace · Married on 03/31/2017

As the mother of the bride, I was very impressed with the professionalism coupled with the friendly attitudes of Rachael, Karen, and Abi. They were all three willing to make needed changes, offer suggestions, and handle the day of the wedding with composure, even when things got a bit hectic from our end. I never had to worry about who was doing what and when things were to happen. They made the "big day" run smoothly from start to finish, so that everyone had a fun time. A big thumbs up, you three!

Glen · Married on 03/31/2017

If you want to keep your sanity and get to concentrate on the most important part - THE BRIDE - then you will hire RK Meetings and Events. These ladies delivered. Especially on the wedding day. As father of the bride, I did'nt want to miss one look my daughter had on her big day. And I did'nt because Rachael took care of everthing ALL DAY! My daughter had a grand time. Her wedding was wonderful. Thanks RK Meetings and Events. And I'm still smiling!

Belinda · Married on 04/28/2018

We very much enjoyed our wedding planner Kaitlin. She was kind, considerate, capable and fun to work with. It was obvious to us that she loves her job!