Rizik's Reviews

35 | Washington, DC

35 Reviews for Rizik's

Lydia · Married on 05/19/2019

Beautiful Selection

Leeza at Riziks was amazing to work with. She makes you feel so beautiful in everything you try on and will do anything to ensure you are 100% happy with your dress.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Shannon · Married on 10/04/2014

The Riziks team, specifically Jaleh and Ellie, did such a wonderful job helping me find the dress of my dreams for my wedding!!! They were so helpful and accommodating - I could not have been more pleased. At the end of the dress buying/fitting journey, they truly seemed like part of the family. Riziks is hands down the best bridal shop I've ever been to, and I would highly recommend it to all my friends and family. Prepare to be wowed.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Awesome consultants and seamstress!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Veronica · Married on 06/29/2013

I purchased a Jim Hjelm dress at Rizik's during a trunk sale and got a great discount. Ellie, the main bridal consultant, was extremely helpful throughout the whole process and the tailor did an amazing job making my dress to fit me like a glove. I would highly recommend Rizik's for a bride who has a good idea what type of dress she is looking for!

Sent on 07/13/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 04/07/2012

I wore my mother's wedding dress, but it needed some sizable alterations to bring it from 1978 to 2012! We took the dress back to where it was originally bought, Riziks, for the alterations. Riziks did a fantastic job turning the dress into a strapless dress, preserving the original beauty and elegance of the dress, working quickly and beautifully within our timeline, and graciously accommodating my little requests for changes in the alterations. Riziks also delivered the dress to my home a few days before the wedding, so I never had to try to cram the beautiful dress into my little car!

Sent on 05/02/2012
  • Debbie

Debbie · Married on 11/19/2011

I found my dress in one outing. I made an appointment to go to Rizik's during a Jim Hjelm trunk show with no intention of buying a dress. I had no idea of what I wanted style-wise.
    Elie was fabulous. She brought me a variety of dresses.
    As soon as I tried on my dress, I knew it was MY dress until I saw the back. The original design had a keyhole back, which I really could not stand. But, I absolutely love the front, the shape and everything else. Enter Leta.
    Leta is Rizik's phenomenal seamstress. She tatted lace to the back, so that my entire back was covered and it was gorgeous. It became exactly the dress I wanted.
    Both Elie and Leta were extremely helpful during the entire fitting and alterations process.
    Beautiful dresses and wonderful, wonderful service!

Sent on 11/26/2011

Cynthia · Married on 09/24/2011

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Elie Petrakis and her team at Rizik’s! Truth be told, Elie picked out my wedding dress. It’s not something I would have ever selected for myself but the second I put it on I knew! It was perfect. Elie listened to what I wanted, was mindful of our budget and was readily available to answer any and all questions.

Sent on 10/28/2011

Jessica · Married on 06/04/2011

Rizik's is a great place to buy a wedding dress, especially if you know what designer's you like. They carry Jenny Packham, the designer I chose for me wedding dress. Rizik's is great if you want a look for you wedding that is more sophisticated and modern and less traditional. The staff are also very friendly and professional. I highly recommend Rizik's.

Sent on 07/11/2011

Katherine · Married on 05/21/2011

Working with Elie was great especially since I had to coordinate from NY on a few trips to DC. I chose a Rivini dress that was ordered custom fit. The top fit to a tee but the hemline was way too short and uneven! Elie jumped right on top of the problem and had the dress shipped back to Rivini so they could replace the skirt. Seven weeks later I returned for a final fitting and found the hemline was still a little too short. Elie contacted the designer to find out how to make the tulle design match and she her seamstress worked restlessly to add a tulle layer to the skirt and make the dress look exactly as I had envisioned it! I felt beautiful and received tons of compliments on the dress. It couldn’t have been more perfect! It was a pleasure to work with the Rizik's team!

Sent on 11/03/2011

Allyson · Married on 05/07/2011

I was working with a tight timeline, and Rizik's didn't punish me for it, unlike other salons! They let me try on more dresses than anywhere else, and when I found The One, Elie did whatever it took to get me the dress (from London!) by the big day and even waived the rush fee. Her experience and love for what she does really shows, and I couldn't be happier. By far the best bridal salon in DC -- don't let the old-school vibe fool you, this place has a great selection and will treat you with respect. Love my dress and Rizik's!

Sent on 06/04/2011

Jen · Married on 04/16/2011

I worked with Ellie at Rizik's and she was fantastic! She made shopping and altering my dress very easy and stress-free. I highly recommend ordering yours dress from Riziks

Sent on 05/12/2011

Erica · Married on 10/17/2009

Working with Ellie was great especially since I had to coordinate from CA on a few trips to DC. Tons of compliments on the dress and it was a pleasure to work with the Rizik's team!

Sent on 01/12/2010

Cristina · Married on 07/25/2009

I thought Rizik's was fantastic--I tried on several dresses and they were able to find me my perfect dress on sale

Sent on 11/10/2009

Liz · Married on 03/18/2006

Since I actually work in the wedding business as a sales person for a rental company, the one aspect of wedding planning that was unchartered territory for me was dress shopping. I always heard great things about Ellie at Riziks. She is THE BEST. Her ability to figure out what looks best on a person is like no other. I was thrilled every tme I got to see her and when I bump into her from time to time at industry networking functions, I'm so happy to see her. She brings back great memories from my wedding planning. Oh and I loved my dress!

Sent on 10/05/2010

Lauren · Married on 09/21/2013

I purchased a Jim Hjlem dress from Rizik's and they made it very easy. I day i picked up my dress I tried it on and realized there was something bothering me about it. I hadn't realized it before because I did not have it on long enough. However as soon as I realized it I called Rizik's and set up an appointment for the next morning. The seamstress was wonderful and worked magic to have my dress back to by the next day (Friday) for my Saturday wedding. I wouldn't have loved my dress if they hadn't made this fix for me. When I went back to pick it up it was perfect!

The only negative was that one person was kind of rude because I had to come back but the other people were wonderful and very concerned. The lady who took my panicked call even called back in to make sure I got it fixed.

You definetly pay top dollar t Riziks but it is well worth it for the service.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Charity · Married on 08/24/2013

I visited Rizik's for a trunk show for one of my dream designers. Although this was only my 2nd time shopping for dresses I found my dream dress. The ladies at Rizik's were always friendly and responsive from my first visit to my last. Elie was a joy to work with and helped me find my dress along with my accessories. As my wedding was out of state, Rizik's was able to mail my dress. I spent a little more than I planned, but have no regrets due to the great customer service, overall responsiveness of the staff and peace of mind.

Sent on 09/07/2013

Meredith · Married on 05/01/2010

Working with Elie at Rizik's was just awesome. I had my bridal fittings during my lunch hour because I work in the area, so she was like a second mom to me. She helped me with my fit, suggested under garments, and helped direct the seamstress to create a beautiful double-french bustle on my Rivini gown. I found the gown itself at Rizik's during a sample sale. I'd been to at least 5 other stores and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere at Rizik's. They let my mom and my bridesmaid and I check out as many gowns as we wanted and helped us in any way they could. And because I got a sample sale gown, it was 60% off which was amazing. Rizik's recommended a dry cleaner, and did all the alterations in house. I'd recommend Rizik's to anyone!

Sent on 05/26/2010

janice · Married on 07/30/2005

Ellie and Raka (?) were amazing. Their suggestions, patience, honest feedback on selecting my dress were immeasurable. I have recommended them to several. They have a wide selection and were great to work with.

Sent on 10/10/2008
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 06/24/2011

Loved Rizik's! I went to every dress shop in DC, Virginia and Maryland and kept going back to see Ellie at Rizik's until I was sure that my dress was there. I bought a sample at a 40% discount and it was in absolute perfect condition, a testament to how well they take care of their stock. The alterations department did a great job altering my dress to meet the requirements at the church but unfortunately, at my last fitting they decided to take the dress in a bit more and on my wedding day it was too tight, wish I had tried it on after the last fitting! Rizik's delivers your dress and veil for free and there is no sales tax if you live outside the district.

Ellie was amazing, the 4 star for quality is because of the alterations only!

Sent on 07/06/2011

Marie · Married on 06/28/2014

I had a great experience at Riziks. I found my Romona Keveza Legends dress here. They let you take pictures which helps in the decision making. I worked with Leeza and Elsa was amazing in the fittings. Very experienced team. The parking around the corner also makes fittings convenient - they let you come for fittings on Saturdays.

Sent on 07/15/2014

3.5

I had a wonderful experience at Rizik and Ellie was amazing to work with. I asked my bridesmaids to by their dresses from Rizik, as well as got my wedding dress fitted there.

Ellie was incredibly knowledgeable about gown styles (bridesmaid and bridal gowns), designers, etc. She made the whole experience extremely comfortable and didn't have to worry about a thing.

This salon is a bit out of date, as well as the forms required (i.e. only hard copies, no digital forms available for bridesmaids), but it was a great experience for me. I would highly recommend any bride to at least schedule an appointment with Ellie!

Sent on 05/23/2014

Dannie · Married on 07/04/2013

I spent a weekend going to about 7 stores looking for my gown; Riziks was actually the second place I stopped. I worked with John at Riziks to find a beautiful sample gown for my wedding. Riziks takes great care of their stock and many of the sample gowns I tried on were well maintained. I found what I thought was the gown here, but wasn't sure and decided to keep my other appointments but in every other store I kept comparing it to the dress I found at Riziks which is how I knew it was the one. I bought the dress about 10 months before my wedding and was able keep it there for alterations and then Riziks hand delivered the dress to me a week before the wedding. The customer service was excellent except for one issue where the seamstress was unhappy with the pricing that the manager had given me for the alteration. The seamstress was great at her craft, however, I thought it was a bit unprofessional to show her displeasure at a manager's decision in front of me the client. But besides this one issue I had excellent service and really loved that the store hand delivered the dress to me. Note to non-DC resident brides if they hand deliver the dress you don't have to pay DC sales tax.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Christie · Married on 01/31/2014

Rizik's is THE place to go to for a sample sale find! I have been to several boutiques for sample sales in search of a good deal (Hannelore's in Old City, Serendipity in White Plains, etc), and although those great shops had a nice selection of sample gowns, Rizik's sample sale gowns were on a different level! I couldn't believe that the dresses I was perusing on the rack were the SAMPLES! Hand-beaded, duchess satin, big name designers - Rizik's gowns were on a different level than those being offered elsewhere. The majority of the sample gowns were $400-$600! I bought my originally $6000 Lazaro gown - beaded head to toe - for $400! Try to go early on in the sale because I am sure that the pickings get slim further on in the sale. Also, Rizik's has great personal service and you definitely are NOT treated as if you are there as a bargain-hunter. I was treated just as nicely as the girl down the aisle trying on the Jenny Packham full price gowns - which is truly a testament to the high level of personal service and quality that Rizik's approaches each customer with.

Sent on 05/06/2013
  • Evan

Evan · Married on 05/10/2014

Rizik's ability to carry Jenny Packham dresses made it my one-stop-shop for wedding dress shopping. The staff was pleasant, professional, and provided me the dress of my dreams!

Sent on 05/27/2014