Riviera Caterers Reviews

42 | Brooklyn, NY

42 Reviews for Riviera Caterers

David · Married on 11/05/2011

The Riviera hit all points right out of the park. Their service is second to none which is why we chose them to begin with. Any questions or requests we had they were quick to respond and accommodate. From the Staff to Mr. Zak and Pat, the treatment we received as well as the quests couldn't have been better. I can't say enough nice things about the Riviera. I wish it was the only place to have a Wedding, can't wait to go back as a guest.

Sent on 12/01/2011

Gelena · Married on 09/18/2011

BEAUTIFUL PLACE, AMAZING SERVICE!!!

Sent on 01/25/2012

bessie · Married on 10/20/2010

What can I saw about outstanding service, food and experience? The Riviera is simply a magical place. I honestly wish I was a guest at my very own wedding. My criteria included a venue that has one wedding at a time, available on a Saturday in November, had a Russian/American banquet option and was prefereably in Brooklyn or Queens.After going to 6 venues in the Brooklyn/Queens area, I was extremely frustrated trying to pull off a wedding in November 2010 after getting engaged in late April of 2010. All I can say is that anxiety attacks from all the lies and tricks venues triedto pull with us was really making things impossible to think our wedding was possible in Brooklyn. I had several unpleasant experiences with other halls who lured me there under false pretense. The Riviera was a breath of fresh air, and to deal with a place with HONEST people who know what they are doing rather than having fluff thrown at me. It was located right in my backyard, all of 10 blocks away from where I have lived my entire life. There is certainly a reason as to why this place has been such a gem in south brooklyn for so many years. The food is AMAZING and they have weddings down to a science. They make you feel like you are the only wedding they have and all attention and eyes are on you.I have never been to a wedding where people ate so much! My guests are still raving about the quality, taste and huge portions of the food. Drinks were magically being refilled by the waitstaff and wouldnt stop flowing. I am beyond happy that I chose the Riviera. You get what you pay for and I certaily didnt want my picky russian/american guests picking away at pigs in a blanket and cold prime rib. We had our reception russian banquet style AND with 12 menu options for our guests to select from. Our bridal party felt like VIP's from the second they got there as well. FOOD and SERVICE are a huge deal and the Riviera prides themselves on this. The garden in the Riviera gives an outstanding opportunity to save a few thousand dollars on limos and have your bridal party meet you at the venue prior to the wedding for pictures. The waterfall and light elements are simply gorgeous! Another thing that we loved was the fact that there is a a FREE light package at the riviera and the acoustics are excellent, which make a huge deal, especially when you have a band. OMG the vienesse hour is worth the extra money and quite the experience as well. The morning after my wedding, I woke up and told my husband I wanted to do it again. I highly reccomend the Riviera, they exceeded our expectations and really helped us shine on our big day.

Sent on 01/21/2011
  • I

Jodi · Married on 08/14/2010

OH MY GODDDD. That is all I can say. This was the most unbelievable event I have ever been to in my life. I was fortunate that they had my date. I have been to every catering hall in Brooklyn and even many events in the city and this place is the most incredible venue ever.

First was the fact that they only do one wedding at a time. No bride and groom should ever have to get married with another bride and groom sharing the day with you. This was my day and the Riviera provided a venue where I we were the king and queen for the day.

I had my ceremony in the unbelievable garden with 250 guests. It was so unbelievable to say "I Do" with birds chirping, flowers everywhere, and a huge waterfall in the background. I felt like I was on a tropical island getting married not in the middle of brooklyn.

The cocktail hour was superb with more food than any of my other friend’s weddings. The drinks were unbelievable too. They had everything. I MEAN EVERYTHING.

The main event upstairs was something that I can barely even describe. We got their special candle light package. As you enter the room it was something magical. Candles as far as the eye can see. The most romantic moment I have ever experienced.

The FOOD was UNREAL!!! They offered us 12 Choices and one was better than the other. My guests were floored. They even said after they were done with dinner they offered them a second entree if they wanted. The service was unbelievable. Anthony our Matre'D was on top of us like white on rice. My guests said their drink was replaced and it wasnt even empty yet. Not one of my guests had to get up to get a drink ever. They didnt even have to ask. When they looked down it was already there! NOW THAT’S SERVICE!

Guests were coming to me the whole night not saying congrats but saying what an unbelievable party this was. I cant thank the Riviera enough for making my dream come true and I just have to say that there is no place that does it like the Riviera does!!!!

Sent on 01/20/2011

Michelle · Married on 07/15/2010

when my cousin took me to the Riviera to check it out, I said "this is it." When we returned with my husband my fiance at the time, the look on his face said it all. We had found our dream place!
    I wish I was a guest at my own wedding, though we were treated as royalty, I would've wanted to see how the guest enjoyed themselves.
    Our Maitre D Anthony was definitely most attentive to our every needs, he even packed us dinner to go. That was so out of this world! Only thing Anthony I was disappointed there was no dessert from the Viennese hour in our bag. When I saw the food I also expected to see dessert at the bottom of the bag. Nonetheless, you did an outstanding job keeping us and the Dais group happy.

The food was so good, my brother the best man had the rack of lamb It was so good he had a second helping. My brother bragged so much my husband tried it, his second dinner and was satisfied.
    The food was great, presentation was out of this world. Viennese hour was awesome, been able to see the guest enjoy it was satisfaction for me, and off course the staff kept the dais well stocked with the goodies.
    Over all, this place delivers what they promised! We couldn't be happier with the service.

I almost forgeot: We were offered the candle light with our package. Walking in and seeing the beautiful arrangements of candles lit all around the place, was Magical! I say MAGICAL!

Thank you so much Pat, Andrew, Anthony and the staff for taking good care of us. Andrew you definitely kept your promised to me when you said everything would be as I wanted it. I was a bit skeptical when we sat down to finalized the plans, you said to me " tell us what you want and how you want and leave it to us and don't worry, just do what we ask of you and we will do the rest." you guys delivered I was in awe!

Sent on 04/11/2011

Jennifer · Married on 06/26/2010

This venue was perfect. Perfect perfect perfect. Only ONE wedding at a time, so no other brides and parties to contend with. Gorgeous interior with a very helpful staff. Gorgeous garden on the outside, perfect for a beautiful ceremony. Twelve -- yes TWELVE -- entrees, and guests can have more than one. A huge cocktail hour selection. A full bar, with top-shelf liquor. The servers put on a show with the food, lights, even flaming chickens. They offer a Viennese Hour if you want one. They will help you find any other type of vendor you need (I got my MC at the last possible second through them) (though, if you want a non-traditional DJ, probably do your own search). The owners are great, and set aside time to talk with you personally, and are there on your day. Highly, highly recommended. I only hope a friend of mine chooses this place so I can see it from the other side! Especially considering that to this day my friends rave about it. One reminds me every time I see him how stuffed he was!

Sent on 04/25/2012
  • Y

Yana · Married on 06/05/2008

It took quite some time for us to find an ideal catering hall that would provide the right type atmosphere and service and yet be reasonably priced. After countless trips around the tri-state area, we found the Riviera Catering Hall, which to our great surprise matched all the elements that we envisioned in a perfect wedding. It was wonderfully decorated, had a beautiful garden for outside ceremonies, as well as, an outstanding menu. The owners and staff of Riviera surpassed all expectations by perfecting every detail from start to finish.

Sent on 10/07/2008

Theresa · Married on 04/12/2008

My husband and I chose the Riviera Caterers for our wedding reception (April 2008). WE LOVE THE RIVIERA! We made the best choice! With this family owned/run business you received the most amazing personallized attention. We sat with the owners and they personally went through everything with us from beginning to end. The service was superb. The food was outrageous! And there was so much of it! Between the huge cocktail hour, mulit-course meal including 12 standard entree choices for all your guest, & the Venetial hour we were stuffed for days! The owners, Pat & Zack oversee each wedding to make sure every detail is just perfect.

The fact they they only do one wedding at a time is perfect. We had use of the entire place all night - including the gorgeous outside garden. Every picture that was taken there (we used Precious Times Photography) came out amazing. Especially the ones we took outside with garden and waterfall all lit up!

Go to the Riviera - You will fall in love like I did - and you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 05/15/2008

Gianna · Married on 08/04/2007

There is no better place to have a wedding in Brooklyn the the Riviera in Coney Island. My guests enjoyed the best service. The place is beautiful, and the service is exceptional!!!

Sent on 09/28/2008

Alex · Married on 10/06/2013

The hall was great. A family owned business that cares about their reputation. We were treated like kings and during the event that staff was tremendous. They answered every need, accommodated every issue and were always professional and courteous. Our guests had an amazing time and everyone raved about the service. My expectations were high and they exceeded them

Sent on 10/10/2013

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2012

I have not one complaint , the service food staff owners everything was absolutely amazing. Everyone was so helpful from beginning to end. My wedding was phenomenal I had a great time and so did my guests. I would highly reccomend the riviera for a wedding it will be a night you will never forget!!!

Sent on 06/18/2012
  • Y

yanna · Married on 07/20/2014

Excellent food and service.. Pat is the best And will work with you to make all your dreams come true.. My ceremony was gorgeous due to their beautiful garden and waterfall outside.. Just overall an amazing experience and they made my dream wedding come to a reality..

Sent on 07/28/2014

Anna · Married on 04/10/2011

We had an amazing experience! The family that owns this place knows their business and knows what exceptional service is. I was a princess and treated like royalty during the wedding and the planning process. My guests were all in awe! The place is beautiful, the food is great and the staff is outstanding! An experience I will never forget.

Sent on 07/17/2011

Johanna · Married on 10/15/2010

Talk about exceptional service. My husband and I not only received VIP service but we felt like celebrities at our wedding reception. Pat and our Maitre D Anthony helped us to have a smooth and successful event. The waitstaff was attentive to both our needs and the needs of our guests. Everyone is still ranting and raving about the décor, the service, and the food, the food, the food! I highly recommend Riviera Caterers to brides and grooms to be. It's well worth the expense. A+

Sent on 12/06/2010

Everything was PERFECT! THEY ARE AMAZING!

Sent on 07/11/2013

donald · Married on 06/09/2012

4.2

the food was awesome...there were SOME issues but we had that ironed out at the end, thanks to level-headed handling of things and professional attitude of the staff. very good experience with the caterer and in the end, the guests had the most delicious food that we can possibly afford. thanks, Riviera

Sent on 08/14/2012

J · Married on 10/25/2009

4.2
      3.0

The place was exactly what we were looking for and we absolutely loved it!!! All our guests did too. The food is amazing and so much of it! The main course presentation is nothing that anyone has ever seen. Service is unmatched. Once again guests raving about how quickly their drinks were replaced. Only negative is their unwillingness to be flexible with certain things, but not such a big deal. We couldn't get fireworks at the ceremony or sparklers at our first dance. They didn't put the guest book where I wanted it but where they wanted it, and I asked to have glasses of champagne waiting for the guests at the card table when they arrive and once again didn't see it there. All these things cannot compare with positives of this place.

Sent on 11/13/2009