Riverwalk Golf Club Reviews

Riverwalk Golf Club 2
Riverwalk Golf Club 3
Riverwalk Golf Club 4

Emily · Married on 07/14/2007

I couldn't be more pleased with Riverwalk Golf Club. The venue was beautiful, and the people were great!

Sent on 07/16/2008

Riverwalk Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for such wonderful feedback!

You were truly one of my all time favorite brides to work with. See, all that organization and planning sure paid off. Best wishes for you and John in the future! Let me know when it's time to plan for a baby shower! J/K

Sincerely,
    Rachel Allen

Lindsay · Married on 10/26/2013

I loved working with Anne and her team. They were all so professional and nice. My family and other wedding guests even commented on how nice everyone was. I'm so thankful we found this venue and had our wedding here. The venue is so beautiful and although it's in the middle of Mission Valley you feel as if you're somewhere more secluded.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Traci · Married on 09/21/2013

WE had a wonderful experience at the River walk. Not only were they professional, they were a lot of fun to work with. I would highly recommend this venue for any event. Thanks again for making my big day go off without any issues.

Sent on 10/15/2013

My sister/ matron of honor found this venue online and once she sent me the link, I knew it was the place. It has a beautiful open view and even with such a large place; it felt so intimate I be tucked away among all the trees and landscape. Anne was amazing to work with. She replies almost always within the 20 min that I emailed her and was super flexible with payments. Lauren was sweet and seemed to be proud of what they do and made are things were perfect. I never felt like another transaction and they were hands on during the entire process.

Sent on 12/06/2012
  • Garrett

Garrett Oreilly · Married on 01/12/2019

Beautiful Location, Helpful Staff.

Sarah was great through the whole process, answering all of questions along the way before our Wedding reception. She really helped coordinate the setup for the Reception and most of the early events working with our DJ to ensure things kept on pace behind the scenes. The rest of the staff were quick on there feet ensuring all the guests tables were waited on throughout the night. The location itself is beautiful and we couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out looking. Also, the ability to go on the golf course itself and take the Wedding party /Bride and Groom pictures there really made for some amazing photographs.

Sent on 01/26/2019

Sue · event on 06/21/2014

My event was really a retirement party, not an option on this website. The staff at Riverwalk during my event was terrific. They were totally "on the ball" taking care of everything without being disruptive to the event. Plates were cleared in a timely manner and the flow of the evening was wonderful. The quality of the food was also terrific. Everyone commented on how good everything tasted and was nicely presented. The venue itself is beautiful and perfect for the San Diego climate. Having the ability to take over the entire club house, own bar and use the outside/inside to the fullest extent was wonderful. With 165 guests, the flow of people was great and never felt crowded at all, even with the dance floor. I would definitely recommend Riverwalk for your special event!

Sent on 07/22/2014
  • Paola

Paola · Married on 10/12/2013

I would definitely recommend Riverwalk for a wedding venue! The price was so reasonable and we got to share our special day on a saturday--no extra price! Everyone was so professional and flexible. I felt like everyone really listened to what we envisioned. The pictures are amazing with the bridge as a backdrop. Riverwalk made the day much more than what we could have hoped for.

Sent on 12/02/2013

Cecille · Married on 03/02/2013

Riverwalk did such a great job managing various aspects of our wedding. They made sure our day was Special and memorable!! The staff were very professional and hands-on from beginning to end. I truly felt like they craed about our wedding just as much as we did!! Definitely consider having Riverwalk host your Special Day!

Sent on 03/18/2013

Kari · Married on 08/03/2013

3.5

Our wedding turned out amazing thanks to the hard work of the staff and the beautiful venue. Anne and her staff were wonderful to work with.

Sent on 10/04/2013
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful views, and great food but bartender over served

This place is a gem. My only complaints are that the bar is very heavy-handed and will leave your guests very drunk very early in the night.
    Otherwise, it is a beautiful venue and the views are gorgeous.
    All of our guests are still raving about the food and how good it was.
    I recommend that you keep an eye on your table numbers if you have them because ours got screwed up and some important guests ended up in the back corner. Overall, everything was beautiful.

Sent on 05/09/2019
    Riverwalk Golf Club 5
    Riverwalk Golf Club 6
  • Y

Yuko · Married on 03/18/2010

We really liked it here and almost decided to have a wedding here. The only reason we did not was they do not have accommodations.

Sent on 06/24/2010
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 07/04/2009

I chose Riverwalk because it had a beautiful bridge, view of the river, and affordable meals for the reception. There were many additional, unnecessary fees however. I mainly worked with their catering manager, Cristin, who was always responsive, helpful, and never annoyed at my countless questions. The day of, I worked with Fred, who was also nice, but my day of coordinator mainly worked with him. They were flexible with the menu, bar, appetizers, entrees, did free cake cutting, included the silver cake cutting utensils. The food was delicious. �The best wedding chicken I�ve ever had� said one guest. Our menu included spinach salad, chicken romano (parmesan encrusted), and wedding cake (from an outside vendor). I rented a dance floor, and screen for the slideshow. There are floor to ceiling sliding glass windows/doors so that the clubhouse opened up to the patio. It was a beautiful summer evening, and all the guests loved it. My only complaint is that the servers weren�t as unobtrusive as I would have liked; for example, they might cut in front of the dance floor during a toast. Other than that, everything went smoothly.

Sent on 07/29/2009
  • pearl

pearl · Married on 08/11/2012

3.5

The Riverwalk team did a great job! Esp Alexis the venue coordinator I believe that's what she does... she was so awesome! And was also there at rehearsal to help us out on what to do! She even chased our two year old while we did photos on the course! They did an amazing job! Everything I asked for they were able to do!!! Beverage station for ceremony, two hours of cocktail, signs for the signature drinks... Just a great job overall!!! Happy with them!

ps... Food was great!

Sent on 08/17/2012

Amy · Married on 02/28/2016

4.2

River walk is the hidden gem of San Diego Wedding Venues!! I am so happy that i came across Riverwalk Golf Club on wedding wire while planning our wedding! I had a tight budget but a large guest list. Riverwalk was the only venue in San Diego I could find that was able to work with my budget and guest list without compromising the quality of their services and everything that I wanted. We were able to have 150 guests, an hour of open beer and wine during cocktail hour with a 1,000$ tab towards the bar, a full Italian buffet, wedding coordinator and day of coordinator, and so many services for less than 10,000$! Every other venue in San Diego wanted to charge at least 5 grand more for all of those services. The grounds were absolutely beautiful and the service was flawless. My coordinator was great and thought of things I never would have for our wedding day and fixed all the little bumps that happened in that day without anyone noticing! I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding day and venue!

Sent on 12/23/2016
  • User2440919 · event on 04/15/2012

3.6
      3.0

The room was not actually separate from the bar area and there were lots of very loud, intoxicated patrons in the bar during our lunchtime event that made it hard to hear the speakers. The microphone system was a bit fuzzy as well. And some tables were actually outside, not in the room with everyone else. The service was very attentive though and they quickly addressed anything we asked them. The food was also tasty.

Sent on 05/19/2012

3.4
      2.0
      2.0

We booked this venue about a year ago & it was perfect because it was within our budget & a really pretty location. We had first spoken with Anne & she was great. What I didn't like was about 6 months later, instead of someone letting me know that Anne no longer worked there, I had to find out on my own. So then I dealt with Isabel. She was great too... I pretty much planned everything with her down to the tasting/floor plan. Literally after our tasting, I started to not get any replies from my emails... Again, I had to find out on my own... 3 WEEKS to my wedding day that Isabel no longer worked there. I started to get frustrated because I had to explain everything AGAIN to this new person Sheri. The very next week, as I'm trying to pay off and finalize everything, AGAIN nobody bothered to contact me to let me know that the new person had an emergency. I'm sure you can see how frustrating this is... one week before the wedding & THIRD time I had to explain what I had wanted to the new person. Then to top it off, they tell me that it's going to be someone else who is going to be there the day of the wedding. So what was the point of the middle man!?? At this point I was really frustrated.....

ALEXIS (the food & beverage captain) WAS AMAZING. The first time I met her was during the wedding rehearsal. She definitely put me at ease & all my worries! Alexis was there every step of the way. If any of the managers are looking at this, ALEXIS should be the one to be dealing with the clients from beginning to end. She knows her stuff & she was there making sure every detail was perfect! Before the wedding I had a bitter feeling towards Riverwalk Golf Club but ALEXIS turned it all around! I was so thankful for her.

If you're planning to have your wedding here, make sure you have Alexis as your day of coordinator.

Sent on 10/13/2014