RiverTowne Country Club Reviews

RiverTowne Country Club 4
RiverTowne Country Club 5
RiverTowne Country Club 6

amy · Married on 10/26/2013

I was beyond satisfied with my experience with RiverTowne. Laura was attentive, honest, and efficient. She made our special day run smoothly and she kept me calm - every bride needs a woman like Laura on her wedding day! Not only was Laura amazing, but our guests could not talking about how wonderful the food was! It was like eating at a 5 star restaurant. The bridal party ate separately before introductions and I caught them eating again during the reception! There was plenty of food provided and every ounce was eaten. I suggest RiverTowne for anyone who is looking for a beautiful venue with attentive staff and incredibly delicious food. - Amy Kay (10.26.13)

Sent on 11/22/2013
  • mrssprinkle

Meg · Married on 10/19/2013

We could not have chosen a better venue for our Charleston wedding. RiverTowne CC is a hidden gem among wedding venues in the Charleston area and you cannot get more bang for your buck anywhere. We were skeptical to choose a venue that required use of their bar and catering services but both were top notch. The food was delicious and we loved that they used primarily local ingredients since we live in Charleston and wanted everyone to see a little bit of what our wonderful city has to offer.

Also, Laura Lovisone was a joy to work with throughout the entire process. She is a true professional and is better than a lot of day-of coordinators that I have encountered. She could charge as much as many local wedding planners but her services are included with the venue rental! She did everything she could to make our day perfect and we cannot thank her enough.

Finally, we really appreciated that RiverTowne offered a military discount and was extremely helpful in working with our very tight budget. If we could do it all over again, we would definitely get married at RiverTowne again! Thank you!

Meg & Stephen Sprinkle

Sent on 02/25/2014
  • User2093920 · 2+ years ago

Had my wedding at the Pavilion at Patriots Point in early October. and it was beautiful. Lacy Davidson, the wedding coordinator, was great! Relish was delicious.

Sent on 11/01/2012

Kirsten · Married on 08/25/2012

I was planning my wedding from 3 states away, and Lacy and her team were beyond wonderful. Lacy was great with keeping in contact with us and was very flexible as i constantly changed my mind on what I wanted. The day of wedding couldn't have been any better. Our decorations were set out exactly as I asked, and was one less thing for me to worry about. Beyond the great staff, the location is wonderful. Great view and located close to multiple hotels. I would highly recommend The Pavilion for anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 11/06/2012

Tiffanie · Married on 05/05/2012

Rivertowne was the perfect setting. Everything went off perfect. The food was amazing and Janis made the process so easy. All of our friends and family were so impressed! If I had it to do over...I would definitely do it exactly the same!

Sent on 05/08/2012

RiverTowne Country Club's reply:

Thank you Tiffanie! I have had a great time working with you and Sean over the last year to make your big day a sucess. Everything was so beautiful and it makes me so happy that you were so pleased with everything. Good luck in all that you do... you and Sean are such a wonderful couple and i know you have many, many years of love and happiness ahead of you!

Caroline · Married on 04/07/2012

White lights looked great on the stage and on the balcony. Acoustics were great for the band. We had about 150 guests and there seemed to be plenty of room. Everyone said the food was great especially the shrimp and grits! We enjoyed our time at RiverTowne alot and found Janice Mallula wonderful to work with!

Sent on 05/04/2012

RiverTowne Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Caroline! You and Herb were so much fun to work with and always put a smile on my face every time that we talked! You all did such a great job decorating and the entire club looked wonderful; I cant wait to see the pictures! I hope that Maggie and Nathan are so happy together and that we get to work together again very soon!

Keith · Married on 01/14/2012

Janis was a pleasure to deal with and we were very happy with the way our reception turned out. We had about 85 guests and there was plenty of room for everything. Everyone of the guests we talked to thought the food was fantastic. We had our wedding in the off season (january) and I feel like we got a really good value.
    Janis managed the setup (cake delivery, flower delivery, etc) and kept the reception timeline on track.
    The lighting in the ballroom is not the greatest, but we had our reception during the day and there were plenty of windows to let the light in, so we did not notice any problems.

Sent on 05/03/2012

RiverTowne Country Club's reply:

Thank you Keith; I hope that you and Angela are enjoying your married life together! I really enjoyed working with you both and it truly was a pleasure to share your special day with you and your familes!
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 10/01/2011

I had my rehearsal dinner at Rivertowne and my wedding at Patriots Point. Both of these venues were great! Janis Mallula and Lacy Davidson were amazing to work with, always quick to respond to my questions and only one goal in mind...to make sure I was happy. They were truly amazing!

Sent on 10/26/2011

RiverTowne Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! We had such a fun time working with you and Tony over the last year! Your wedding was truly beautiful and we were so glad to be a part of it. Thank you so much for the kind words!
  • I

Ivone · Married on 04/30/2011

My husband and I had our reception at Rivertowne Country Club, and it was amazing. On your wedding you don't want to worry about a thing and with Rivertowne I had no worries. Completely amazing.

Sent on 06/21/2011

Billie · Married on 06/11/2011

We used this venue for our rehearsal dinner as well as a golf outing for the wedding party and guests. Janus was very helpful with all aspects of our function. She was able to carry out a few last minute requests with no problem. All my guests were highly complimentary of the evening.

Sent on 06/21/2011

Kenya · Married on 05/14/2016

Laura was so helpful throughout the planning process and up to the day of the wedding being that I was in a different city. Lacy was our day of coordinator and although it was our first time meeting her everything fell into place. Everyone mentioned how great the food was.

Sent on 06/02/2016

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at RiverTowne Country Club. Everything ran smoothly - thanks to Laura - who kept us on schedule. She was wonderful!! Very quick to reply to all of my emails and incredibly accommodating. She really made the whole experience great. When you rent the reception space you're required to use the onsite catering company, Relish. It's a little pricey, but the food is fantastic! Also, the reception space is a bit on the small side (we opted for full seating knowing it would be a tight squeeze), but other than that, we couldn't have been happier with our choice to get married at Rivertowne.

Sent on 05/05/2016

3.5

The venue and food were great, we really enjoyed the overall experience. There were some comments made by the coordinator that were heard by the mother of the bride, regarding our family members that were not appreciated, however we will leave that be.

Sent on 09/06/2014

RiverTowne Country Club's reply:

We sincerely appreciate your compliments of the food and venue, but our desire is for your ENTIRE experience to be an enjoyable one! Our coordinators are extremely passionate about creating and delivering five star service. When it comes to weddings, there can be no exception to that standard. We want to ensure that RiverTowne Country Club is providing the best possible service to brides, grooms and their guest, so your feedback is extremely important to us! Please feel free to submit additional feedback about your experience using the contact form at Rivertowneweddings.com.

Thank you for choosing RiverTowne Country Club, and best wishes for a beautiful future!

Shannon · Married on 04/07/2012

2.4
      1.5
      2.0
      3.0
      1.0

We were married at one of RiverTowne's venues called the Pavilion at Patriots Point. By far, this is one of the prettiest wedding venues that we visited. The weather was beautiful, the permanent tent was stunning, and the ocean view was breathtaking. Unfortunately, the only thing that was lacking was the personality of the event coordinator. Lacy did not uphold to the standards that my husband and I were looking for, or any bride for that matter. Although I had a planner, there were times that we specifically asked her to communicate with us and she did not. Yes, the wedding planner is acting on our behalf, but we are the payers of everyone! There are times that she could have communicated directly with us so that information could be given firsthand. My husband tried to contact her several times prior to the wedding to give her our credit card info for the open bar, yet she waited until our wedding day to ask him for it. What groom carries a card on their tux?! To top it off we saw a bartender drinking an alcoholic beverage at our wedding!! Did we pay for that drink? The bar was extremely overpriced and made us wonder how they calculated the tab since they never wrote down a single thing. We wouldn't trade anything for the view, but the coordinator is on our NEVER USE AGAIN LIST!!

Sent on 05/28/2012