Riverside Landings & Greek Orthodox Social Hall Reviews

39 Reviews for Riverside Landings & Greek Orthodox Social Hall

1 User photo

Riverside Landings & Greek Orthodox Social Hall 1

Cindy · event on 12/19/2013

Our Event Was Amazing!!! Great Food, Fabulous Staff.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Michele · event on 12/07/2013

The hall was decorated beautifully. The staff was very kind and professional. I had a surprise 50th birthday party and it was fabulous!

Riverside Landings & Greek Orthodox Social Hall's reply:

Thank you Michele! It seemed like everyone had so much fun! I really hope Tim forgave you for the surprise :-)

Jeanine · Married on 10/27/2013

Helpful staff, reasonable cost, excellent food, beautiful room

Sent on 12/19/2013

• I

Indira · Married on 07/16/2016

We loved having our wedding here! We first looked into the Greek Orthodox Social Hall because my in-laws had their wedding there 30 years ago. The hall is beautiful - very elegant and clean. Also the hall is huge and could comfortably fit our 250 guests (the hall can fit way more people though - it is really spacious!). When we say the package prices we were sold - it really is a great value.

We used Phaturos catering and got lots of compliments about the food. Phaturos had a big tasting event for all of the couples so we got to try the food before we picked the menu.

Katelyn was great about communicating before the wedding. She made everything really easy.

Also - our wedding was the same weekend as the Oakmont Yacht Club Regatta and so there was a free fireworks show at the end of our reception! This was so cool and our guests really loved it.

Sent on 10/18/2016

3.5

Jessica was very helpful on and before our wedding day. She was very informative and she tended to us throughout the whole reception. She was very flexible and went above and beyond to make our day special. She was very organized, very detail oriented, not to mention extremely easy to work with. She listened and understood what we were striving for on this day. She helped make our big day beautiful and stress free. We were very happy with her and we highly recommend her. Thank you Jessica for helping make this day so special!!

3.5

Loved the hall. I worked with Greg and then he retired and I worked with Jessica. Greg sold me on riverside and a few things changed with the new manager, Jessica, but it was still amazing and I reccomend it!!

Sent on 02/09/2015

3.0

I loved Jessica. She was very sweet and was very accomadating with everything i wanted and needed! Riverside landing is beautiful! The outside deck makes the place!! Only complaint -- needed its own bridal suite!

Sent on 08/09/2014

3.8
      2.5

Hall manager was accommodating but hall hostess was not.

Sent on 10/24/2013

3.8
      3.0

The banquet hall is beautiful. The food was excellent. The only thing that was unpleasant was that we could not get into the hall to bring or set up was until the morning of the wedding. We had to depend on friends to help because we were too busy. They had other events booked for the night before and also the next day. Therefore we had one hour after the wedding to pack all of our things and take them. They don't allow you to leave anything until the next day.

3.2
      3.5

Overall I was pretty happy with having my wedding at Riverside Landings. It has a great outdoor deck area that was perfect for a summer wedding. It was really nice that we could bring in our own cookies and decorations. My main complaint is that they hold events back to back (Friday through Sunday) and they do not have any way of storing anything. We had to bring all of our decorations, etc, the day of the wedding and everything had to be out that night. It definitely made everything stressful. I also think the communication was lacking some.

Sent on 08/10/2014
  • User3752622 · event on 12/13/2013

2.5

Hall was beatifully decorated for the holiday season. Staff was very helpful the day of the event. Cateror was fantastic, Phaturos is the best choice. Great food and you get more than you pay for! Catering company was very flexible on the menus as well. Evetnt Manager helped with the dessert tray from a local bakery. We had to go and get our on DJ. The only bad points. The hall does not have their liquor license and the bartenders ran out of change and were turning away guests.

Overall everyone had a great time and it was a wonderful event.

Sent on 12/26/2013

Riverside Landings & Greek Orthodox Social Hall's reply:

We do now have our license so thankfully this year everything will be perfect for you!

Donna · Married on 06/10/2018

2.2
      2.0

I visited this venue back in January. The venue was beautiful, lights and chiffon were hanging from the ceiling and around the doorways. Couches and comfy chairs were placed up on an overlook of the river. So I booked the place immediately for a bridal shower in April 2018. Joy, who works with elegant catering was wonderful to work with. But a week before the bridal shower I received and email from Joy stating that all the lights and chiffon, couches and chairs were gone. They put a new ceiling in and were painting and eventually will be putting new carpet in. So I asked Joy who I needed to speak to about this and she gave me the name Peggy. So I met with Peggy on Tuesday before the shower. The place just looked like a conference room that just happens to overlook the river. The place had no character and did have that inviting feeling anymore. There was really nothing I could do to make it any better. I tried to tap into their WiFi and their WiFi was not working. So while I was there somebody had Comcast on the phone to get it fixed. Fast forward to the day of the shower. Joy mentioned she was going to be at the venue at 930 am and so I showed up at 930 am too. When I got there Joy met me at the door and said Don’t get upset..., so there was party at the venue the night before and no one cleaned up from that party. There were dirty dishes, linens, silverware, glasses everywhere. So there was a mad rush to clean everything up and set up for my party. My guests were finding silverware tossed sporadically on the floor. We were hanging Christmas lights up on the metal handrails in the attempt to get that inviting feeling back and when we went to plug them in... none of the outlets worked. So we ended up finding one outlet that worked and ran an extension cord from that outlet to my Christmas lights. Ok so now I had to use the WiFi so I can play my music playlist off of amazon music. The WiFi still didn’t work. I was able to fix that problem. Joy was awesome.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Riverside Landings & Greek Orthodox Social Hall's reply:

It is unfortunate that the venue did not live up to your expectation, but the roof and ceiling had to be replaced. In the process the WiFi was down and electricity had to be rewired. As for the venue not being ready for your event, I apologize, as that should have been taken care of. Due to that problem we refunded 1/2 of your hall fee. As for decorations, (lights and bunting) they had to be removed for the installation of the new ceiling and were not salvageable. We will be deciding in the future what type of decorations will be suitable for the venue.

1.0

The Venue in it's self was WONDERFUL along with All of the staff with the exception of the coordinator. She was tough to get a hold of, and for the most part unapologetic in laying out the wrong number of tables/seats for the guest in the preliminary plan, I had to carefully review everything because the original table layout didn't even have enough seats for my event ( after we provided a head count.) The caterer was amazing & the highlight was that since WE paid for the food it was ALL to wrapped & sent home with us- well again the coordinator had a big no no here, as my mother noticed a Large tray with the Coordinators name on it & when lifting the foil lid on this 9x13 foil take home tray saw that it held not 1 or 2 but 6 stuffed chicken breasts & half a pan of tortellini. Needless to say my mother took the tray because while we knew they fed the staff during the event (obviously) WE the people that PAID for this food were supposed to take ALL of it home & the coordinator didn't even as much as ask- if she had we would have been happy to share but not feed her family after she did a poor job in the first place. Also after hosting brunch the following day with they other leftovers noticed that an entire additional 9x13 had HER name on it & was full of our food. So, aside from the actual coordinator everything was amazing, but its sad to say that I feel SHE will have a very fast negative affect on this beautiful & price friendly little venue.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Riverside Landings & Greek Orthodox Social Hall's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We feel that all comments are useful in helping us to offer the best service. We apologize that you had this negative experience and felt that your food was being given away. The caterers actually prepare extra food for the staff that is not included with the clients, and that the clients did not pay for. The caterers put the staff's names on the top and stack them in the fridge for them to take home because they frequently do not get a chance to eat during events. We are happy that you were able to take home a full cart load of food after your event for your luncheon the next day. That is one of the perks of booking at our venue. If there is anything that we can do to set your mind at ease please contact the Events Manager or the caterer directly. Thank you for your business and we wish you many happy years!

Amanda · Married on 06/10/2017

1.2
      0.5
      1.0

They have new people operating this venue as the "exclusive" caterer. when they communicate with you, they don't do it well. I was left in the dark, a lot. They ran out of food for my wedding and 28 of my guests did not get to eat and they made zero effort to try to feed them. The staff was not remorseful nor did they care that my guests had to walk past them to ask for more plates because they ran out of those also. The bar package was shorted a bar tender and an hour of service. They did rectify the situation only after we insisted on sitting down with them. The owner was nice and was apologetic but again, did not follow through on his promises. We had to make 3 subsequent phone calls to get the matter 100% resolved. They don't do what they say they are going to do and I would never book any event with them again. They ruined my wedding and made it difficult to get things fully resolved.

Sent on 08/08/2017