Riverside Farm Reviews

61 | Pittsfield, VT

61 Reviews for Riverside Farm

Tony · Married on 09/19/2015

Our son and daughter in law were married at Riverside Farm in September and Sophie and the Riverside Farm team were wonderful! The venue is beautiful and all plans were executed flawlessly, professionally and beautifully throughout the entire weekend. All in attendance were very impressed and we have got terrific feedback about Riverside Farm, Sophie's leadership and coordination skills and also for the wonderful catering of the event by Kevin and Katie of Vermont Farms Catering. We absolutely would recommend Riverside Farm as a wedding / event venue. Thank you Sophie and team! Tony & Janice DiBona

Sent on 10/07/2015

Laurie · Married on 09/19/2015

My husband and I knew it was the place we wanted to get married the second we pulled up to the stunning view of the barns and fields surrounded by mountains, but it wasn't until we started the wedding planning that we realized how amazing the staff is at Riverside. Our wedding coordinator Sophie was invaluable - quick to respond to every email, on top of every little detail, and had a solution for everything (you can literally ask for anything and she will find a way to make it work). I visited a lot of venues prior to Riverside and found that a lot of them have a specific formula that doesn't feel very special or unique. Riverside has the perfect, rare mix where they coordinate every last detail of the event with experience yet allow you to do anything you can dream up. It was so much fun to have our bridal party stay on site with us in the rustic chic accommodations. We couldn't be happier with the weekend and it was truly and incredible experience!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Riverside Farm was a dream venue for our wedding! We envisioned a unique, outdoorsy New England setting and fell in love with Riverside Farm in the sleepy town of Pittsfield, VT. Sophie and the rest of the Riverside Farm team members were extremely responsive and helped us with our millions of questions and concerns. All of our guests were blown away by the beauty of the property and we can't wait to visit the area again!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Kent · Married on 08/01/2015

Riverside was simply the most stunning and picturesque venue we could have chosen - inside and out. Liz, Sophie, and team did a phenomenal job helping coordinate vendors and guests. We had absolutely the best time of our life.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Debora · Married on 06/06/2015

Our experience working with the Riverside wedding team was amazing. From the second we contacted the farm to plan the wedding we received exceptional service. Not only did Riverside help us select the vendors but they also played a critical role in managing the other vendors throughout the wedding planning process - which was tremendously helpful since we planned the wedding from 3000 miles away. We planned all events at Riverside from the rehearsal dinner, wedding and Sunday brunch and all were exceptionally well managed. The Riverside team helped us put together the perfect wedding day. I would recommend the venue and the team without exception. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Debora · Married on 06/06/2015

Sent on 10/01/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 09/28/2013

From the moment we stepped on to Riverside Farm we fell immediately in love with it. From the gorgeous property to the beautiful backdrop of the Vermont Green Mountains, you couldn't ask for a more perfect venue for a wedding. Add to that the incredibly warm, professional women who provided the most wonderful service & support during a time that can be terribly nerve-racking for a bride -- let alone an out-of-town bride! Jen, Liz & Pauline were extremely gracious and the perfect representatives for Riverside Farm. They literally got inside my head and were able to create EXACTLY the wedding that I had hoped for & dreamed of. Every single tiny detail was perfect. I highly recommend any bride to pick Riverside Farm for their dream wedding.

Sent on 10/26/2013

Judith · Married on 09/07/2013

The setting at Riverside Farm and Amee Farm is exactly what we wanted, and the outcome was perfect. The staff were endlessly responsive and helpful from our fist visit to them a year ahead of the wedding right through the week following the event when we were looking for lost "stuff." Everyone cooperated and collaborated, and we were free to enjoy ourselves which we certainly did. If you are looking for a rural wedding, and you want it to have real class, go to Riverside/Amee. EVERYONE said it was the "best wedding ever."

Sent on 10/02/2013

Hillary · Married on 08/17/2013

Our Riverside Farm wedding was simply amazing. We could not imagine a better wedding - and many of our guests also said it was the best wedding they'd ever attended. This was in no small part thanks to the one-of-a-kind setting and the incredible behind-the-scenes team from Riverside.

As soon as we found Riverside, we knew we had to get married there. It is beautiful, simple, rustic, elegant - quintessential New England tucked away in the mountains of VT. We had our rehearsal dinner, welcome party, ceremony and reception all at the farm, making use of all the different gathering spots (two barns, a cellar, a huge lawn) for each event - it was great to have everything in one place. The bridal party was also able to stay and get ready on-site, which was wonderful. The tiny town of Pittsfield is also adorable - guests loved the quaint Amee Farm Lodge, the outdoor activity options and the friendly service at the adorable Pittsfield General Store. Some are already planning to go back!

The wedding coordination team at Riverside was also exceptional. Liz, Jen, LeeAnn and Pauline were all so friendly, helpful and responsive throughout the 10 months of planning (and even after!). They recommended vendors, coordinated guest lodging, met me for multiple visits to the Farm, gave advice, and most importantly, made sure we and our guests had everything we needed and that everything came together perfectly the weekend of the wedding.

Riverside Farm was not cheap, but it was definitely worth every penny - I could not be any happier with how it all turned out! Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 11/02/2013

N · Married on 06/27/2013

For anyone planning anything from a weekend get-away to a wedding & reception, the staff at Riverside Farm & Amee Farm Lodge (Liz, Jen, Simon, Jessica, Marion, et al) are absolutely wonderful, and the grounds and accommodations truly unique and beautiful! I can't say enough about how they bent over backwards to make our late night arrival, our tour during the planning stages, and our stay something we will never forget. The flexibility, dedication, knowledge, and true care for our wants, our needs, and our budget displayed by the staff at RF&AFL goes above and beyond on every level! And it was so effortless; they really made it look easy. We will most definitely be back!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Abigail · Married on 09/18/2010

Tucked in the mountains of beautiful Vermont, Riverside Farm is truly a special place. What is unique about the venue is the amazing structures they built such as the Bridal Cottage, Grooms Cabin, The Stonewell Barn and the White Horse Barn. The carpentry on all the structures are fantastic, plus the incorporation of antiques from around the world make every cottage and barn unique.

Liz and her team were fantastic! They always kept me at ease and helped with everything from picking the right vendors for us to working out the no so traditional wedding we had. Liz and her team also helped with details such as lawn games for the day and a fire pit for the rehearsal dinner. Every detail made our wedding weekend that much more special.

My husband and I did not want to leave. We all became fast friends and will most certainly be back for our anniversaries and to visit everyone when we come to Vermont to get away form the big city.

Sent on 10/13/2010
  • CELIA

Celia · Married on 09/04/2010

I cannot recommend Riverside Farm enough. Our experience was incredible. Courtney and Liz were the perfect wedding coordinators: kind, responsible, easy going, fun, and knowledgable. The venue is stunning and our guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was. Everyone was treated so well and with such care. Also, every vendor they recommended to us was exceptional. From the food to the flowers to the band, we felt like they listened to us and recommended the perfect people to take care of our wedding.

Sent on 09/13/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/28/2010

A stunning setting and excellent accommodations.
    If you dont want a "wedding factory vibe" this is the perfect answer.
    It feels like being on your own private farm.

This place epitomizes "relaxed elegance." And the NY Times describes the farm as "Rustic meets luxury." - which is accurate.

What is so easy about planning a wedding here is that you are connected to all the vendors. Flowers, make-up, lighting, food, etc. We are based in NY, so this made our planning very easy. Also - Liz and Courtney are amazing as is the whole staff at Riverside and Amee Farm.

In addition to having the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception, we added a few activities for the guests, including a bikram yoga class, a morning hike on the day of the wedding, a tour of the farm animals for the kids, and an after party bonfire with smores....all these extras made it a more intimate and relaxing weekend for our guests. I cant wait to go back!

Sent on 09/13/2010

Cara · Married on 10/03/2009

The staff at Riverside Farm made our day perfect. Every step of the process was easy and effortless. We always felt like we were their top priority. Their advice and experience was very helpful and appreciated.

Liz and Courtney from Riverside Farms connected us with many of our vendors. That really took a lot of the stress off our shoulders. They were flexible. We made changes right up till the week of our reception. The vendors they connected us were an absolute pleasure to work with. I would enthusiastically recommend Riverside Farms for the beauty of the site and the service and professionalism of everyone there. We had a perfectly beautiful, modern Vermont autumn wedding.

Sara · Married on 09/19/2009

For a classy, VT wedding, Riverside Farm is the ONLY option.

Sent on 11/27/2009

Stacy · Married on 09/12/2009

My husband and I could not have imagined a more amazing place to host our dream wedding weekend in Vermont. Riverside Farm was the absolute perfect venue for our Clambake Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding Ceremony and Reception, and Brunch in September. From the moment we stepped on the gorgeous property and saw all that it had to offer us and our guests, the decision was made (the stunning barns, the charming character, and the mountain scenery). Liz and Courtney at Riverside made the whole weekend run incredibly smoothly and were a total pleasure to work with through the entire planning process. We felt SO lucky to have their positive energy and professionalism surrounding us. They had great recommendations for other vendors nearby that did a wonderful job as well. If you are looking to have your dream wedding in Vermont, look no further. It was the first and only venue that we had to visit. All of our guests raved about how amazing the weekend was and how blown away they were by the beauty of Riverside Farm and Pittsfield Vermont. Riverside also owns the stunning Amee Farm Inn which is just up the street and the perfect place for guests accomodations (not to mention the cottages and stables right on the property which our wedding party LOVED). We can't wait to get back up to visit because it will forever hold a special place in our hearts.

Sent on 12/01/2009

Jonathan · Married on 07/25/2009

My wife and I could not have hoped for a better experience. Liz, Courtney and the rest of the Riverside Farm crew are among the most amazing people we've been fortunate to meet! You will love them.

Alexis · Married on 07/26/2008

I had the most amazing experience with Riverside Farm. I worked with them for 15 months prior to my wedding there and everything went so smoothly. I lived 10 hours away so it was difficult to do any of my planning in-person. I did everything over email and phone and Riverside Farm helped me with every detail. Liz is responsive and assisted me with recommendations in the area. They have a wonderful network in the Pittsfield area and I trusted everyone I hired because they had already worked with Riverside. The planning was simple and unstressful and it was all because of Liz and Courtney. When the wedding arrived, everything was exactly what we had expected and imagined. Liz and Courtney were there with me throughout the weekend and helped with every detail. I honestly can't think of anything that didn't work out or fell through the cracks. I never worried once and I had the most relaxing, wonderful wedding. I would recommend Riverside Farm for anyone that wants an outdoorsy Vermont wedding with amazing scenery and a beautiful piece of property to enjoy.

Sent on 08/23/2008

Lael · Married on 07/19/2008

We had a wonderful, magical wedding at Riverside Farm. The place is beautiful and setting perfect if you are looking for a country wedding with luxurious amenities. For me, the nicest part was being able to keep every event in one place (rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and Sunday brunch were all on site). I and my wedding party stayed both nights in rooms on the farm. We all loved the rustic charm and comfort! Every one of my guests commented on how beautiful the wedding and the location were. In fact, several said it was their favorite wedding they'd ever ben to! Liz and the other people who worked there were helpful, warm, and very professional. Everyone they put us in contact with (the caterer, the flower lady, etc.) was equally impressive. Afterwards, my husband and I said that we wished we could get married there again.

Elizabeth · Married on 10/01/2016

My wedding at Riverside Farm was everything I hoped it would be. Yes, we spent more than we would have liked to, but when it comes down to it, my husband and family agree with me that it was 100% worth it.
    Here are the negatives:
    1. Very expensive--you end up paying a lot for all of the onsite lodging, Amee Farm lodging, room taxes, service charges, etc (however, I did some calculations and compared to a similarly nice venue near NYC, we still spent significantly less). Ask for high and low end estimates for your number of guests before you book--we did this and their high end estimate ended up being very close to what we spent.
    2. 4.5 hours from NYC and 2.5 hours from Boston airport, so not very easy to get to. As far as destination wedding locations go, this is still not terrible.

Here are the positives:
    1. Incomparably beautiful, with the perfect amount of rustic charm; never kitschy or over-the-top, totally classic.
    2. Excellent coordinators who are very responsive and ensure you have nothing to worry about over the weekend.
    3. Amazing caterers--NYC-quality food and drinks at reasonable prices, totally customizable menu and bar options.
    4. Selection of great vendors who have all worked many times at Riverside and are very familiar with the site (Trish at Pittsfield Garden Center, Sabin Gratz Photography, Dexter Lake Club Band, and Five Elements Salon were standouts).

Bottom line, I wouldn't hesitate to choose Riverside again. It's a spectacular venue, rain or shine, with coordinators and vendors who will take very good care of you and minimize planning stress. My weekend (Oct 1) was perfect in my mind, but I think if you want to be guaranteed great fall colors, I would pick a weekend or two later (we had some good pops of color but it wasn't peak, and same goes for the year before us). Can't stop thinking about the weekend and looking at pictures--it was a dream come true. Thanks, Riverside!!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Evan · Married on 09/24/2016

We had an absolutely wonderful time working with Riverside Farm for our wedding. Sophie played an integral role in our planning process and the entire staff was extremely helpful throughout the entire wedding weekend -- from the rehearsal to the reception and welcome party, to all of the details on the day-of, the Riverside team were *great* partners. We and our families were beyond thrilled and wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 06/12/2017
  • Janna

Janna W. · Married on 08/03/2019

Dream weekend

We got married at Riverside in August and can't say enough about the venue, Alli and all of the vendors involved. The Riverside team ran the entire weekend with flawless execution, which truly enabled my husband and I to enjoy the weekend without worrying about a thing. Alli and the preferred vendors guided us along the entire journey, providing recommendations while also letting us make the event our own. There was nothing that couldn't be done - I was even able to bring my horse for our first look! The wedding was truly everything I have ever dreamed of, complete with the gorgeous Bridal Suite and Grooms Cabin, a really fun space for the wedding party to stay onsite and the most beautiful bed and breakfast down the street for all of our family and close friends. The venue is also a photographers dream and the opportunities for photo ops are endless. Lastly, Pittsfield is such a charming New England town and you really have the sense that you own the place for the weekend. The General Store (also home to Vermont Farms catering which is some of the best food we have ever had - and we lived in NYC!) has anything your guests may need and Clear River Tavern provides amazing accommodations for guests as well as a perfect after party. I can't think of a more magical place to get married. I wish we could do it again!

Sent on 06/10/2020

S. · Married on 06/03/2017

This was the most beautiful wedding venue we saw in Vermont. The staff are kind, on top of everything you haven't even had the time to think of, and responsive. They helped us create the wedding of our dreams!! Sophie & Kim were always available to respond to our emails and questions, and went out of their way to accommodate our vision.

Sent on 07/05/2017
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 05/30/2015

I can't say enough about Riverside - I really feel like this place went above and beyond. No other venue in Vermont can compare to the location, the beauty of the grounds and the attentive staff. Our wedding was incredible, many thanks to Riverside staff who were there throughout the entire process, and who really made the entire weekend seamless. Sophie, the coordinator I worked with from day one was fantastic in helping to keep me organized and in responding quickly to help answer any and all questions, or to give me advice when needed. Her calm demeanor is invaluable to a bride. She gained my trust completely and by the day of the wedding I had nothing to worry about because I knew she would handle anything that came up. Riverside as a site is simply stunning - having grown up in Vermont, I wanted to share the beauty of my home with my new New York in-laws and extended family, and Riverside provided that perfect backdrop. The restored barns have been beautifully finished and our bridal party loved staying in the lodging throughout the property. Overall, it was just an unbelievable experience, a dream wedding, and one that friends and family are still talking about. Worth every penny.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Heather · Married on 01/16/2011

Could not have wished for a more perfect wedding. The ceremony and reception were gorgeous, the vendors were accomodating and attentative on the day of the wedding. Everything ran so smoothly!! My husband and I felt no stress and were very well taken care of. If I had to do it all again, I would not change a thing. I give riverside farm my highest regards.

Sent on 01/18/2011