River Stone Manor Reviews

90 | Schenectady, NY

90 Reviews for River Stone Manor

Denise · Married on 09/25/2016

When we first set foot on River Stone Manor, we immediately fell in love with the gorgeous grounds and location of this beautiful venue. Situated along the Mohawk Hudson River surrounded by trees and a well manicured lawn and gardens, we knew right away that the owner and staff here take pride in this facility. Skip, the Owner, and Rena, the Banquet Manager met with us initially and in every step of the process and were so helpful. We rented the beautiful historical Manor House so that I and my matron of honor could get ready prior to the ceremony. This, as it turns out, is Skip's residence and was absolutely stunning inside. Rena and Skip were both working at our wedding and made sure everything ran smoothly. Rena checked on me frequently during the pre-ceremony prep to make sure we had everything we need. We had our ceremony on the lawn in front of the river and the reception under the tent. Our guests raved about the cocktail hour and food at the reception. This place is a gem and our wedding was picture perfect. Thank you Skip and Rena!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2016

My husband I recently got married at River Stone Manor. There are no words to express how happy we are that we chose River Stone Manor as our venue.
    Skip and Renee were the most amazing people to work with. They were professional, responsive and extremely flexible. The whole time they treated us like family.
    The manor house was the perfect place to get ready, the grounds were gorgeous, the fire pit was awesome and the tent and banquet hall are absolutely beautiful. THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS!! Our guests are still raving about how phenomenal the food was!!
    The day of the wedding the RSM staff took care of every little detail. We were able to enjoy our wedding with all of our guests. We had so much fun-everything was perfect! We cannot thank Skip and Renee enough for making our wedding the best day ever!
    If you haven't already, check out River Stone Manor! You won't be disappointed! Thank you for making our wedding day even more amazing than we imagined. -Jess and Mark

Sent on 10/02/2016

Leah · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I just got married here and there aren't enough words to describe how happy we are that we chose this venue! Skip and his crew are the most incredible people you will ever work with, and they not only treat you like family, but like royalty. The grounds are breathtaking, the manor house is stunning, and the tent and reception hall are simply beautiful. And the food! Every single one of our guests continues to rant and rave about the food! If you haven't chosen a venue yet, please don't look any further. You will not regret Riverstone. It will blow you away and give you one of the best days of your lives. Planning a wedding is stressful, but the day it arrives the staff take care of everything, and you get to sit back, take a deep breath and finally enjoy your day. I am not one who writes reviews often, but I felt compelled to share. This place is a gem and made us so happy that we want to help other couples enjoy their wedding- and Riverstone Manor is where that can happen!

-Leah and Greg (VERY happy newlyweds!)

Sent on 08/30/2016

Cassandra · Married on 08/20/2016

I would rate Riverstone Manor 10 stars. Not only is the venue soo beautiful but the owner and manager is amazing. Working with Skip and Renee made everything a breeze. Our wedding day was beautifull and perfect and I couldn't ask for anything more. The food was amazing and the bar fully stoked with whatever your taste may prefer! I'd recommend them for a wedding or any other type of big event you may be planning.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Sarah · Married on 07/09/2016

I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to work with Skip, Patty, Maureen, and all the staff at River Stone Manor! We were so impressed with the beautiful grounds, their professionalism, and Patty was so on top of everything throughout the entire process. She caught errors that I made in my seating plan when we were getting in our invites and so calmly noted them and clarified the correct seating (you will see how hard it is once those Rsvp's come in late, change, family decide they don't like each other anymore, etc and have to make changes). I was also so incredibly pleased that they treated us like this was their own wedding - I can only imagine that with the number of years that they've all been doing this that our wedding could be "just another gig" but I never in any way felt anything except special and treated like this really was our big day. We had a "rain delay" with our ceremony and they were AMAZING at accommodating moving our outdoor ceremony to the terrace tent seamlessly, and the kitchen managed it all incredibly - the food was so delicious, I keep hearing about it from our guests. Patty, Skip, and Maureen were so kind throughout the entire process. If anyone in my family or my friends were going to get married or have any major event, I wouldn't even look anywhere else. Our wedding was on 7/9/2016.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Victoria · Married on 06/05/2016

Riverstone Manor is a beautiful place with helpful staff and professionalism that will make even the most high maintenance couples happy. All our guests told us they had an amazing time at our wedding and the food was beyond excellent. We couldn't be happier with our wedding day and I would recommend Riverstone to anyone who wants an incredible, memorable experience.

Sent on 09/23/2016
  • User6819799 · event on: 06/04/2016

After 26 years of serving this great country in the United States Navy, my wife and I decided to call it a day and retire. We could not have found a better place to hold our retirement party than the River Stone Manor. Skip and his staff were beyond exceptional!!! We are still receiving raves from family and friends about the food, atmosphere, service, just everything. The 1st place we'll go to for any family event of great importance will be River Stone Manor.

Sent on 06/10/2016

Susan · Married on 05/07/2016

Awesome and friendly staff, absolutely loved this place!!

Sent on 05/18/2016

If i had to pick a venue all over again I would pick River Stone Manor each and every time. The owner Skip has a beautiful location and goes above and beyond to make sure the whole day if perfect. Patricia Grassi also is amazing and we spoke with her the most on every little detail. She also made the day feel like it was out of a fairytale and we had no worries whatsoever that day.

Our guests loved the food and left almost every plate clean! The waitstaff was very professional, along with the ladies who helped to set up the Manor House for me and the bridal party. Caitlin and Maureen were very helpful and made sure that the whole ceremony went smoothly.

The whole day was perfect and we cannot say enough nice things about River Stone and the staff here. We would definitely recommend this location to anyone looking for their perfect fairytale wedding!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Catherine · Married on 09/06/2015

I cannot express enough how wonderful the staff was during our whole wedding planning experience. From Patty and Skip helping us along the way to Kaitlyn and Maureen adding their assistance in the last couple of weeks, they were all tremendous! I got ready in the manor, We had our ceremony under the shade of the trees, cocktail hour in the tent and reception in the hall. I heard all good things about the transition of the whole day. No negatives AT ALL! Love this place!

Sent on 09/19/2015

Carolyn · Married on 09/06/2015

The staff at River Stone Manor was absolutely wonderful, our wedding was far from conventional and they worked with us all the way through it. Ship helped us to work within our budget and to create a menu that worked for us. Patty is great with the bride to be, she makes the process so simple and easy, she walks you through the whole process. Caitlyn was absolutely wonderful the night of the wedding. She made sure everything went smoothly and perfect! Of course Skip and Patty checked in on us too. Our guests were extremely happy with the wait staff and the quality of food. The bartender was very good, he kept up with our guests and made sure the bride and groom had a drink when needed.
    We can't thank all the staff at River Stone Manor enough for making our night PERFECT!

Sent on 09/26/2015

Michael · Married on 08/16/2015

Skip and his staff were great. I would highly recommend River Stone to anyone that is looking fora great venue.

Sent on 08/24/2015

River Stone Manor is absolutely gorgeous - nestled on the banks of the Mohawk River, shaded by massive trees with every shade of green imaginable surrounding you with beautiful landscaping all around, it's nothing short of idyllic. The food was absolutely fabulous - our guests raved about how tasty and plentiful everything was. Skip, Patty and the rest of the team were incredibly accommodating, both in the planning process and on the day of the event - everything was flexible, nothing was too much trouble, and they were just so nice to work with that my stress just melted away. These folks are great at what they do, and they made our event so much fun. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Breanna · Married on 07/11/2015

River Stone Manor was the most beautiful venue we could ever have envisioned. We had the the most gorgeous day and the grounds at River Stone were unbelievable. We were there just a few days before our wedding and there was a grounds crew ensuring the place looked just perfect. Skip and Patty were so responsive throughout the entire planning process, and especially throughout our wedding day/night. To begin our day, My bridesmaids and I used the manor house to prepare for the day with some champagne and wine, where Maureen made us feel welcome and comfortable. Everything ran smoothly and was completely organized from the ceremony on the grounds, the cocktail hour in the tent, to the reception in the banquet hall. I NEVER had to think about time, or worry about anything because River Stone kept the day moving. Patty even came up to me during cocktail hour and asked if the groom and I wanted a plate of hors d'oeuvres, and quickly returned with them. She couldn't have been more responsive, professional, and willing to go above and beyond for us. The groom and I wanted to take a photo with the fire pit lit later in the night, and Skip was able to make that wish come true. The waitstaff and bartenders were exceptional and also extremely responsive! Our guests were raving about the quality of the food, as well as how immaculate the grounds were!

Thank you to those at River Stone Manor for making our wedding day truly magical.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Mike · Married on 07/05/2015

I think the number of highly rated reviews for River Stone Manor sort of speak for themselves. We recently had our ceremony and reception here and you could not pick a better venue. Such a wonderful experience from start to finish. The grounds are truly breaktaking. One visit to their property and you will fall in love. They do an especially great job of keeping it maintained and pristine year round. The staff is exceptional. Whether you're working with Skip, Patti or anyone else there you will be impressed with their professionalism, attention to detail and execution. We were especially thankful for their willingness to be flexible in terms of menu options and package details. Trust me, you will not find that at other venues. Skip and his team become locked in to make sure that every detail is exactly what you want. Also, we went with many of their recommended vendors (cake, DJ, Photographer and Officiant) who were all 5 star professionals. The food is fantastic. Every one of our guests made a comment about how much they enjoyed the menu. River Stone offers many choices and they are extremely senstive and flexible to allergies and special requests. We would highly recommend having your special day at the River Stone Manor.

Sent on 09/04/2015

kristen · Married on 11/01/2014

The River Stone owner and staff did an excellent job and made the time spent there worry free.

Sent on 02/02/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 10/12/2014

Thank you river stone manor for the most beautiful wedding of my dear son and his beautiful bride. It was just incredible, thanks to skip, patti and Maureen!!! Everything was perfect......the setting was exquisite and the food was delicious!!!! So happy we had it there.........wedding of a lifetime!!!!!!! Thank you so much.......

Sent on 10/19/2014

Stacy · Married on 10/12/2014

We were married at River Stone Manor on 10/12/14. From the moment we stepped foot the gorgeous grounds we knew this was the place! It had all uniqueness we were looking for. The ceremony location on the Mohawk river is beautiful, the Terrace Tent with fire pit so cool, the Manor house was a perfect place to get ready in, and renovated ballroom was perfect. Skip, Patty, and Maureen were wonderful through the whole process. Easy to communicate with, work with, and at your beckon call from the beginning stages of our wedding to end of the reception.They truly helped make our wedding magical. It was more spectacular then we ever imagined! And the food....oh the food. Everything was wonderful. People still talk about how great the food was. Skip and his team will far exceed your expectations.

Sent on 10/20/2014
  • User4321978 · 2+ years ago

Fantastic. As soon as I stepped on the property on my wedding day, all of my worries were gone. They took care of everything. Skip and Patty are an amazing team.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Camille · Married on 08/02/2014

We absolutely loved River Stone Manor. The ceremony and receptions were just beautiful. The venue has been renovated with updated carpet, paint, and window treatments - which looks stylish, modern, and neutral. Will make the perfect backdrop for any custom wedding decorations.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Teenie · Married on 07/26/2014

Skip and his team worked with us to create a beautiful wedding. The immaculate grounds, the charming Manor House, and the elegant ballroom combined with excellent service and food made for a spectacular event! It was all that I envisioned for my daughter and more!!!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Lynne · Married on 05/25/2014

The absolute best! Skip and his staff are second to none. The setting is beautiful, the service impeccable and the food simple amazing.

My daughter's wedding was in a word, perfect!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/17/2014

Skip was phenomenal to work with! He went above and beyond with help whenever we needed something. Our wedding was early and he was up at sunrise blowing the walkways after a thunderstorm so there wasn't any debris around. Great food and the staff was very nice!!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Danielle · event on: 01/04/2014

The management and staff at riverstone manor were amazing! The facility was beautiful and the service was fantastic. Our special night was perfect.

Sent on 01/05/2014

Allison · Married on 10/12/2013

It just does not get better than Skip Sgarlata & the team at Riverstone manor . Skip gave my husband and I the best wedding gift of all .... a flawless, fairytale wedding full of laughter, perfect and eloquent execution, and phenomenal food.

I cannot begin to express my love for the venue and team. After setting one foot on Skip's lawn, I knew this is where I wanted to start our "happily ever after". Skip made every single one of our dreams come true. The entire team was so attentive, and so in-tune to our guests catering to their every need. More importantly we trusted Skip and the team ... I had all the confidence in the world they would execute on every element of our wedding. Turns out, they went above and beyond!

The grounds were beautifully manicured, and all guests were in awe of their surroundings ... a true gem tucked away in quiet Glenville, NY. Food was such an important element of our wedding, and Skip and his chefs blew it out of the water! The cocktail hour was incredible, and not a single person was left hungry. They struggled to find room in their stomachs for dinner ... but once the entrees came out, they found a way!

We have now been married 14 days and we are still receiving rave reviews about Skip, his team and the venue.... our guests have never seen such a gorgeous location, or received service at a wedding to that caliber. Many have never ever had a meat dish that delicious!

Skip, Patty and team - we love you and thank you for providing us the most magical day we could have dreamed of. xoxo - Allie & Steve Wik

Sent on 10/26/2013