River Ridge Golf Club Reviews

110 Reviews for River Ridge Golf Club

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

110 River Ridge Golf Club Reviews

Lou Ann · Married on 11/11/2018

Miranda met with my daughter and me for an hour and a half to discuss River Ridge Venue. She was extremely well organized and she personally knew every vendor and could describe specifics about each one. We had a lot of questions and she took time to answer each one thoroughly. We left feeling like every detail of the reception would be safe in her hands!

Kimberly · Married on 11/09/2018

Beautiful venue for my bridal shower!!! Miranda was wonderful to work with!! She was helpful and I will recommend this venue to friends!! Thank you:)

Beverly · Married on 11/09/2018

Thank you, Miranda, for your wonderful help in planning Kim’s wedding shower! Your help made her day so special! You are great! Ballroom set-up was perfect! Thank you so much! Beverly Smith

• Katie

Katie · Married on 10/13/2018

River Ridge was the perfect wedding venue!

River Ridge was the PERFECT venue for us having a fall wedding. Everything was incredibly beautiful and we heard so many times how incredible everything came together from our guests. Miranda is just awesome - she's very, very good at her job and making you comfortable with everything. Having the ability to have an outdoor wedding, the cocktail hour, and the reception all right there together was exactly what we wanted and made life on our guests so easy!

We love River Ridge and how wonderful Miranda was to work with. I would recommend them 10 out of 10 times to anyone looking to use them for your wedding or another event! You won't regret it!

PS - When you compare what you get at River Ridge for the price of other venues in downtown Raleigh or Durham it's an absolute no brainer. Why pay $10k for a venue alone when you can have a scenic venue that provides so much more!? Easy decision!

Jordan · Married on 09/29/2018

We got married at River Ridge on 9/29/18 and choosing River Ridge was honestly the easiest part of our planning process! Miranda was a fantastic coordinator and so patient as I had MULTIPLE rounds of questions and even changed my mind on certain details in the last few weeks. River Ridge is beautiful on its own but the space is also neutral which allows you to decorate it with your own style- we went with lots of christmas lights on the covered patio and some simple tulle on the railing overlooking the sunset which was amazing for pictures.

Our ceremony was outside on the lawn, our cocktail hour was inside and then our reception was held under the covered patio. It was amazing to have three different locations for the events to so we didn't have to break down/set up multiple times and the locations were so close that the flow of the wedding from the ceremony onto the cocktail hour to the reception was seamless and very convenient for guests! There was also plenty of parking, tables/chairs are included in the rental fee, along with Miranda's services for the day of, making River Ridge a great financial deal.

I could not recommend River Ridge more- our day was even better than we could have imagined!

Jordan and Sam Cady

Sent on 10/12/2018

River Ridge Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your wedding was an absolute delight for all the vendors involved. Best wishes to you both! ~Miranda

Jordan · Married on 08/11/2018

I can’t say enough great things about River Ridge and Miranda! I had my reception at River Ridge in August and it couldn’t have been more perfect! The wedding coordinator, Miranda, was so helpful and responsive. She spent over an hour with us at our first meeting showing us the venue and answering all of our questions. She gave us a packet of preffered vendors (you don’t have to choose from the list), which was extremely helpful! All of the vendors we used ended up being from her suggestion list and they were all awesome! Miranda was always quick to respond to any emails and take care of any concerns that we had. She coordinated with our vendors to help things run smoothly the day of. I can’t say enough great things about Miranda and River Ridge and I highly recommend them!! Sunset photos are definitely an added plus at this beautiful venue! You definitely won’t be disppaointed if you book with Miranda and her team at River Ridge for you event!

Sent on 09/05/2018
    River Ridge Golf Club 1
    River Ridge Golf Club 2

River Ridge Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much Mrs. Davis! It was such a pleasure working with your mom-daughter-aunt team to pull off an absolutely stunning event. Best wishes!!

Molly · Married on 03/31/2018

My husband and I got married at River Ridge on March 10th, 2018 and everything about it was amazing. Our wedding was a fusion between “Bollywood meets Bluegrass” and the venue housed everything we needed to pull off this mix of cultures. Miranda is AMAZING. She was incredibly prompt and helpful with all communication- which was great considering we had a relatively short engagement and thus short planning period (3 months). Miranda made this stressful planning time so much better by recommending amazing vendors, offering her professional opinion, and was therapeutic to talk with about wedding and general life stressors. One of the reasons we picked River Ridge was because it has several “weather” options with the clubhouse, pavilion, and lawn. Our day ended up being colder than we hoped it would be, so we moved the reception inside the clubhouse. I was initially worried about this change but it ended up being the perfect cozy space for dinner and dinner for about 65 people. Rehearsal dinner time is included in the rental fee, but we decided not to have one. Miranda did an excellent job of coordinating my family and friends who were part of the wedding party- some of whom had never seen an American wedding ceremony. Miranda made sure all of the vendors were set, my décor was placed, and left me to relax and get ready. If tou are not a golfer do not be afraid to use this venue! The varied grounds were perfect for pictures and it felt very unique. Everything about our day at River Ridge was wonderful and I recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding or event!

River Ridge Golf Club 3
    River Ridge Golf Club 4
    River Ridge Golf Club 5

Melissa · Married on 03/17/2018

River Ridge is a wonderful venue! The coordinator, Miranda, andswers queations in a timely manner. She also has a great list of vendors from food to DJs to lighting. The wedding was beautiful and the staff was excellent!

Kay · Married on 03/10/2018

My daughter and her husband were married at River Ridge on 3/10/18. The day was everything I hoped it would be and more. Everything was perfect. Miranda did a wonderful job in always responding to us in a very timely manner. We had chosen not to have a rehearsal the night before, even though it was included, and Miranda gave us the organization and direction to pull off the perfect ceremony without anyone knowing that we did not practice. She also did a great job of recommending and coordinating the vendors so that everything worked seamlessly. I was amazed by how everyone worked together the day of the wedding. It was stress free for all of us. I loved the clubhouse which has a lot of character and looks great in the pictures. We had an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception for 65 people in the upstairs room with plenty of room for dinner and dancing in a warm and cozy space. I could not be happier as the mother of the bride with our experience at River Ridge.

Jasmine · Married on 12/16/2017

My company held our annual holiday party at River Ridge Golf Club and I cannot say enough good things. To start, the space is beautiful - spacious without being too big. We had about 80 people confirmed and received closer to 100, and fit very well. River Ridge allowed us to decorate however we wanted, and even let us set up that morning so that I had time to clean up any issues, despite the fact our party wasn't until evening. They also supplied the bartender who was a pro at handling the crowd and keeping everyone happy. We were allowed to bring our own caterer and DJ, which was important to me, but we used the club's tables and chairs, which kept things simple. The best part, however, was Miranda, the event coordinator. From my initial contact to post-event, she was kind, professional, and friendly, as well as patient with my endless questions. She helped me plan the layout (turns out, I have a REALLY hard time picturing table sizes), met with me multiple times in advance, and even pitched in on cleanup (as did the bartender, who lugged our heavy stuff, something I am still grateful for). All emails were answered quickly, and during the party, she checked in with me regularly and subtly to be sure everything was going smoothly. The party ended up going off without a hitch, and I already plan to book it again next year. Everyone should book River Ridge (unless of course, you're aiming for a time I'm looking at - dibs!).

River Ridge Golf Club 6
    River Ridge Golf Club 12
    River Ridge Golf Club 13
    River Ridge Golf Club 14

Aldrena · Married on 12/02/2017

Miranda is the ABSOLUTE best to work with. She is the events coordinator of this space. SO kind and accommodating, love her :)

Anna · Married on 10/21/2017

Miranda was so great to work with while we were planning our wedding! She was very responsive and organized. Our wedding day went so smoothly, it was the perfect day! Awesome venue!

Candy · Married on 06/17/2017

My experience was stellar!! I planned my graduation/birthday party at this venue and Miranda was beyond amazing! She was responsive to texts, emails and phone calls! The view was breathtaking, the service impeccable and could not beat the price!! I have already had 3 friends reach out to get Miranda's contact information for their weddings and parties. I will definitely use this venue again!!'

Anna · Married on 06/02/2017

River Ridge Golf Club was the perfect place for our wedding and reception! The venue was absolutely beautiful and everything was just wonderful! Working with Miranda Day (Events Coordinator) and her staff was a dream come true! She was so helpful and responsive and willing to work with you on anything! She was there for every step of the process if you had any questions or just needed a second opinion on something. She was a complete joy to work with and the wedding day could not have been more perfect thanks to her and her staff!

Kimberly · Married on 10/29/2016

River Ridge was a BEAUTIFUL setting for our venue - both wedding and reception. We both love going over all of the gorgeous pictures from such an incredible setting. Miranda was wonderful to work with - so accommodating and helpful with so many suggestions. The wedding and reception went off without a hitch due to the extreme professionalism and customer service and we could not have asked for anything more!! The sun setting behind the driving range during our reception was TO DIE FOR! We received so many compliments from our guests about how beautiful the wedding and reception were!

Kimberly · Married on 10/29/2016

Miranda was so incredibly helpful with planning and executing our wedding and reception! She gave me lots of good ideas and vendor suggestions and was so incredibly nice to work with. She seemed about as excited for my wedding as I was! And the venue was incredible. I appreciate that they offer a back up plan of inside the clubhouse should it rain. Would only work for a little bit smaller weddings, which is what we had (70 ppl). Such a relief not to worry about that. But we lucked out and had incredible weather and had our wedding and reception outdoors and everyone is still talking about how beautiful it was. Nothing like dancing on the pavillion while the sun is setting in the background. And the INCREDIBLE bridal shots that were taken on the golf course - those will last forever! Highly, highly recommend! River Ridge could not have been more accommodating and the cost is very reasonable!

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2016

River Ridge is a great place to have your wedding. We had our wedding and rehearsal dinner there and everything was amazing. It's affordable and a beautiful place and I cannot say enough how nice and helpful Miranda the coordinator was. She answered all our questions (we had many) and she was there the day of the event telling everyone where they needed to go and just helping to keep me and my wedding party calm. So glad we booked this place. I'd recommend it to anyone.

The staff at River Ridge is very helpful, and they respond very quickly which is, of course, very convenient. The prices are very affordable, and the site is beautiful! I would definitely recommend this venue for your wedding and reception.

Davosha · Married on 09/26/2015

Extremely professional and very patience. My wedding was amazing the staff was very organized ????????????????????????

Sent on 05/27/2018

River Ridge Golf Club's reply:

Thank you! We loved working with you and hope you and Leroy live happily ever after!

Courtney · Married on 03/28/2015

My husband and I had our wedding reception at River Ridge Golf Club, and Jamie Notarainni served as the event coordinator. We could not have been any more pleased with the venue and with Jamie!!! She and the staff did an outstanding job, attending to every detail, and making every effort to cater to our specific requests. She offered her own creative suggestions and had a "whatever it takes attitude". She jumped in wherever needed, serving as guest manager, cake cutter, bartender (when needed), and vendor organizer. Jamie was able to balance assertiveness with graciousness, always smiling and maintaining her composure which allowed us to relax and enjoy our guests, having confidence she had everything under control. River Ridge's facilities are extremely flexible with both outdoor and indoor space for whatever Mother Nature provided us. Our guests had a blast! Jamie and River Ridge staff allowed our day to be as perfect as we had imagined!!

Ted · Married on 09/27/2014

Elissa was very helpfull in every step on the planning and guided us through the complete wedding (and I did have a lot of questions). She was by our side to help all day of the wedding and stayed untill the dance was over and the last person left. The golf course was in perfect condition and all staff was very plesant and willing to help.

Anna · Married on 06/28/2014

We could not have chosen a more perfect venue for our daughter's wedding ceremony & reception!!! From the very first meeting with Elissa, to the very last detail of the ceremony & reception, this whole experience was the best we could have ever imagined! Elissa is so professional, easy to work with, and has fantastic ideas about how to pull everything together to make sure the day is perfect for everybody.

I can't forget to mention what great staff Elissa has working with her (Rachel, Audrey, Nick...plus a couple other names that I can't remember...sorry), as they were all so attentive to our needs & made this such a great experience that we will never forget!!

Review by Mother of the Bride -- Sharon

Anna · Married on 06/28/2014

This venue was amazing and so beautiful. The clubhouse was grand and the course was greener than green. The stairs that I came down for the reception were like something out of a movie. Our director was amazing and was so helpful with everything. She also had an assistant with her just in case anything happened and she needed her to fill in. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for somewhere beautiful to get married!!!

Sue · Married on 06/07/2014

River Ridge's view of the sunsetting was just beautiful for my Daughter's reception. Elissa was Great to work with and this was a stress free mom, Elissa took care of Everything. I took her the decorations the day before the wedding/reception and when I came to view the set up before our big event...I was amazed at how Great everything looked.....even better than I had planned. I still have guest come up to me to say that this was the best Ever Reception they had been to. My Daugher and I were so pleased. The girls had a huge area to get their hair and makeup done and get dressed before going to the church. Elissa was there to help with any questions and I'm very thankful for how wonderful Brandi's Special Day turned out. Thank You RR and Elissa. Sue, Mom of the Bride