River Market Event Place Reviews

23 Reviews for River Market Event Place

River Market Event Place 1
River Market Event Place 2

Kellsey · Married on 10/06/2018

RMEP was the PERFECT location for our rehearsal dinner! We had about 100 guests and the space was perfect for that amount of people. The bartenders were quick and kept our guests happy. We used their audio equipment and uplighting which made for the perfect ambiance. Jenna was such a joy to work with! She was organized and very on top of every detail for our event. Would definitely recommend using this venue for your event!!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Sydney Jewell · Married on 09/15/2018

Love this place and team!

We absolutely loved working with RMEP. Jenna was amazing and made our wedding planning a breeze.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/29/2017

We loved River Market Event Place and it was the perfect venue for our wedding and reception. The venue has a unique look and the staff was excellent. We worked with Jenna and she was responsive and very helpful. We'd recommend this to anyone looking for a venue in the metro.

Sent on 10/06/2017
    River Market Event Place 3
    River Market Event Place 4

Lauren · Married on 10/09/2015

I can't recommend RMEP highly enough! Beautiful venue, and an extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and professional staff! These guys truly made it so I could just sit back and enjoy the greatest day of my life! I didn't have to worry about a thing, I knew they had it under control! That peace of mind is absolutely priceless, and it wouldn't have been possible without the staff and gorgeous venue :)

Sent on 03/11/2017
  • User5511994 · 2+ years ago

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at RMEP on Sept. 12, 2015. Not only is the venue itself absolutely stunning and functional, I cannot even begin to say enough wonderful things about the staff and coordinators that helped plan our event from start to finish! As a bride, you feel this huge amount of stress and anxiety when you initially start planning your wedding. Thankfully I found Rebekah at RMEP! From our initial meeting, she understood my vision for our big day and was very respectful of our budget boundaries while we were trying to figure out some decorations. We added on Day-Of Coordination services which I would highly recommend to anyone simply because it was such a relief knowing that Rebekah had my back that entire time. I didn't have to wonder if vendors were on time, if guests were arriving, nor did we have to attend to the packing up at the end of the evening; such a lifesaver! If given the chance to do our wedding all over again, there is no doubt in my mind that I would still go to RMEP and ask Rebekah to coordinate for us! Absolutely loved our day there and our guests could not stop gushing about how "cool" or "awesome" it was; it was definitely a hit!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Meg · Married on 08/29/2015

We decided to have our reception at RMEP and it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. During the planning process, Rebekah and her staff went above and beyond by not only being helpful, but offering fun and creative suggestions that showed their knowledge of the industry and helped to bring our vision to life. They helped us to stay within our budget, while truly enhancing the environment at our reception with great linens and decor. The vendors we hired through RMEP were phenomenal- we truly didn't have to think about anything during the reception, they had everything taken care of! We decided to hire day-of wedding coordination and it was fantastic!! Amanda ensured that everything ran smoothly and seemed to be right there anytime we needed her. She helped pass out glow sticks, made sure the food/bar was running and worked to incorporate all of our desired elements into the reception. We could not be more pleased with our experience with RMEP and the staff. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to any future brides/grooms.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Joanne · Married on 08/08/2015

My husband and I fell in love with River Market Event Place the second we stepped in the door. The venue was just what we were looking for: urban, classy, natural light, etc. We had both our ceremony and reception at RMEP, and received numerous compliments on the space. Rebekah was extremely helpful through the entire process, we couldn't have done it without her! Thank you for making our wedding day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 08/13/2015

River Market Event Place was the perfect venue for our Sunday brunch wedding. They accommodated our morning ceremony without blinking an eye, whereas other venues in KC made us feel like our request was a burden. Their staff was professional and friendly, and they worked with us to meet all our needs. From the glass garage doors that let in summer sunlight, to the patio and loft spaces that allowed our guests to mingle easily, the unique and beautiful space provided a wonderful backdrop to our event. We can't recommend RMEP enough!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Brittany · Married on 09/20/2014

The first time my husband and I walked into RMEP we knew we had to have our wedding reception there! It's sleek industrial yet rustic vibe was just what we were looking for.

Rebekah was absolutely wonderful to work with! She was prompt at returning my emails (I had a lot of them) and phone calls! She eased my mind with a lot of decisions such as having a tent versus not.

We utilized the reception coordination which was one of the best decisions we made! Rebekah created the day of timeline, contacted all of our vendors to verify set up times, was onsite when they arrived and helped keep things running during the reception!

The only downfall to RMEP is that there are only two restrooms so that can create quite the line during your reception.

Having our reception at RMEP truly made the vision of my wedding come to life!!!

Sent on 10/20/2014
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 04/11/2014

RMEP was awesome. We booked very far out and they worked with us every step of the way. Rebekah was the main person we worked with and she was so responsive to all our needs. The day of our wedding you could barely tell they were there but when we needed help with something they swooped right in! We didn't have to move tables, chairs, or hang anything. They also provided us with a wonderful list of preferred vendors, most of which we went with for our other services. I would highly recommend RMEP. They are a modern and beautiful venue that can satisfy any taste and make your day everything you planned and more!

Sent on 05/16/2014

Cyndy · Married on 06/15/2013

We loved this space. The owners were genuine,honest and so easy to work with.
    They were just AWESOME. If we had another daughter we would do it all over again.

Sent on 08/01/2013

We absolutely loved working with Rebekah at the River Market Event Place. She was so easy to work with, always on top of things and responsive. She also remembered details of my wedding each time we met-I don't know how she could keep them all straight, but it made me feel like I was in good hands. Not to mention the venue is a unique and fun space!

Sent on 07/05/2012
  • FutureNorris

Lauren · Married on 06/09/2012

My husband and I were pretty open minded about a lot of things during the wedding planning process, but the one thing we really really wanted was a unique venue in a cool downtown-ish location. We wanted a place that felt modern and urban and spent many hours researching online and flew into town a couple times trying to find the perfect place. When we visited the RMEP and walked up the driveway I instantly knew that this was the place! The venue is beautiful, super unique and the perfect size for groups under 150!

I mainly worked with Rebekah throughout the year of planning and she was great. She was good about answering questions and giving ideas, which we needed since we lived out of town. My mom had some very specific ideas about decorating and sometimes stopped by the event space without making an appointment and Rebekah and her team were so nice and always made her feel welcome and comfortable asking questions.

On our wedding day the event space far exceeded our already high expectations – it was absolutely stunning!! It was everything we wanted and more and our guests were impressed and excited about being someplace different and interesting. It was a hot 95+ degree day, but the fans did a good job at keeping it pretty mild until the sun went down. Rebekah helped us with the layout (we wanted long tables) and there was plenty of room for dancing and sitting for 150 people (although it was a bit tight, one less table would have been perfect). At night we were able to open the garage doors and people loved going outside to cool off from dancing. We had a very nice security guard that the venue scheduled and the people on staff that night were awesome to work with.

This is the perfect spot if you want a hip, fun and unique location for your wedding reception. I would say that 140-150 was the max amount of people unless you are able to seat people outside. Also, if doing a summer wedding be cautious that it can get a little warm, but nothing that I didn’t expect from a venue with big windows/garage doors making up a full wall (keep in mind that the sun sets on the opposite side of the building). All in all, we were SO happy to have our reception here, we loved it!!

Sent on 06/23/2012

Aiden · Married on 07/22/2011

Our best choice in planning our wedding reception was picking RMEP as our reception hall. Rebekah was incredibly organized, helpful, and flexible throughout the entire wedding planning process. She was very easy to get ahold of and would always reply to emails/call back within a day or so. She was genuinely nice and had a true desire to make our reception exactly what we wanted. I felt very comfortable to contact her at anytime and she was always there to answer any question or resolve any problem. The hall itself is very modern and gorgeous, we had about 130 people at our reception and it was the most perfect fit. The dance floor was big enough for people to dance without being awkwardly large. The setup of the hall couldn't have been better and was very intimate. The only downfall to the hall is that it can get a little warm due to the 25 ft high ceilings. However, I would like to mention that it was in the 90s-100s the day of our wedding, so keeping anywhere cool was very difficult. Although it was a little warm in the hall, it was tolerable and no one complained, the large fans they have were very helpful. Every aspect of the hall was wonderful and the service was superb. Rebekah and her coworkers were awesome and I can easily say that they were the best vendor to work with, I would recommend them to anyone and everyone. Message me if you'd like more information.

Sent on 08/15/2011

Susan · Married on 06/18/2011

A fantastic venue! Not only is everyone super nice to work with (especially Rebekah and Darryl!), but the space is absolutely beautiful. My original reception venue was closed down a week and a half before our wedding (Arts Incubator = boo), and the River Market Event Place stepped in a planned an amazing reception. We loved every minute of it!!

Sent on 07/12/2011

Excellent venue and well run.

Sent on 04/16/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/22/2013

My finace and I fell in love with this event space as soon as we saw it. We looked at a few more places, but we knew we needed to have our wedding at RMEP. Although there were a few hiccups with the event lead I was working with oringally, Rebekah stepped in and made the rest of my experience amazing! She was super responsive, worked to meet my needs, and was flexible throughout my experience. Morgan worked my rehersal, and Shane worked my wedding. Both left nothing to be desired! Everyone worked so hard to make my wedding day stress free.

Sent on 08/06/2013
  • Missie

Missie · Married on 11/10/2012

Had my fall wedding at the RMEP and the staff (especially Amanda) were wonderful to work with, and flexible in meeting the needs of our group. Their staff took great care of us during the reception, helping our parents load gifts into cars at the end of the night and even taking me through the buffet line to ensure no food spilled on my dress. Guests raved about the indoor/outdoor space (when the garage doors are open) and urban feel of the location. They also offered a KC-inspired bar package (complete with Boulevard beers, Amigoni wines, and even local spirits) that let us highlight Kansas City best beverages for out of town guests. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Carly · Married on 05/05/2012

I LOVE this space! It is very clean and airy. So beautiful! The only reason why I didn't give all 5 stars was because we had an issue with an employee of there's. Other then that I couldn't have asked for a better venue. We were very happy with everything!!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Patty · Married on 05/05/2012

River Market Event Place is an excellent venue for a wonderful wedding ceremony and reception.
    The space itself is very, very nice...open and airy. The staff did an excellent job of set up for the ceremony and then flipping for the reception in a very timely manner.

This venue was perfect for our daughter's wedding day!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Emily · Married on 10/08/2011

River Market Event Place is not only beautiful but it's a very easy venue to work with. Rebekah was our point person and she helped us to really envision the space and kept us apprised of changes to their ever-changing business model (since RMEP is very new to the KC wedding scene.) RMEP may be new but they really understand how to help coordinate vendors, flip a room, etc. Additionally, the flexibility to work with whatever vendors you choose really can't be overlooked- it's a luxury!

Sent on 11/22/2011

Simone · Married on 07/27/2012

3.8
      3.0
      3.5

River Market Event Place this place is very unique; I like the two stories so people have the option of going on the top floor or going outside. And I love bridal nest! It is also very spacious.

Sent on 08/08/2012

Caroline · Married on 10/03/2015

1.4
      2.0
      0.5

I had the most beautiful wedding at River Market Event Place. I worked for many months to pull together vendors and personal touches for an amazing setting that I could not have been happier with. It was the best day of my life.

Unfortunately, my Saturday wedding fell on a weekend when River Market had booked both a Saturday and Sunday wedding. On the Sunday following my wedding, several of my vendors - without my knowledge - left up my exact same wedding tent decor for another wedding to use, free of charge. They reused my lighting, draping, tent and chandeliers - all rented from several different companies.

River Market has not only refused to apologize, but denied me reimbursement and instead blamed me for inconveniencing the Sunday wedding that was "forced to incorporate my decor into their day."

In our communications on this, River Market indicated there was no way my decor could have been taken down in time and even if it could have been - it would have come at a hefty price. These excuses were only told to me after the space used my paid-for design for another wedding.

I was shocked, saddened and truly disappointed by my communication with River Market while trying to fairly resolve this issue. I requested an explanation for how this could have happened, and later following many excuses, some compensation for having paid for a beautiful tent to be used at a stranger's wedding.

After receiving only two emails with the owner directly trying to resolve this issue, I was told she would no longer respond to my calls or emails.

Thank you to River Market - your work was beautiful, but your business is unethical and shameful. River Market clearly is booking more weddings than they can handle - to the detriment of its clients. I would advise any couples trying to plan a unique wedding to be clear in communications here, otherwise you could end up lending your ideas, vision and of course money to whatever event follows yours. Good luck!

Sent on 10/08/2015