River House Events Reviews

211 | Saint Augustine, FL

211 Reviews for River House Events

Christina · Married on 04/17/2015

My wedding at the River House was flawless! I love this venue and staff! I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a romantic, beautiful site for ceremony and/or reception. Constance was especially helpful and super organized. She really works with you to achieve your dream wedding! I am so happy we got married at the River House.

Sent on 04/25/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you Christina for the kind words and congratulations, again!

The River House was a perfect location for our wedding reception! It is a beautiful location with all the bells and whistles that make for a perfect Saint Augustine wedding. First off, the location is perfect....right on the water with a dock! Since both of our families were traveling from far away, we wanted to enjoy our reception somewhere that painted the picture perfectly of Saint Augustine, The outside patio makes for a perfect location for a cocktail hour and the beautiful windows in the ballroom allow for an extra beautiful backdrop during the reception. Constance and her staff really know what they are doing! There is a reason we needed to book our venue so far in advance! They transformed the ballroom beautifully into exactly what we envisioned! Another added plus: they include all glassware, utensils, table linens, etc in their venue price so no need to spend extra time and money renting all of these items. They seriously make it as easy as possible on the bride and groom. If you book your wedding and/or reception here, you will not regret it!

Sent on 05/21/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, we enjoyed making your wedding day spectacular! Congratulations again and best wishes!

Katie · Married on 04/04/2015

River House is a beautiful venue and I feel like I had a fairy tale wedding. Constance was super helpful with making sure no details were missed and I would recommend River House and it's staff to anyone!

Sent on 05/11/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thanks, Katie! So glad we could help you make your "dreams come true"!

We had the most amazing wedding at River House. We had the ceremony outside, over looking the water, and continued inside for the reception. The availability of parking is a huge selling point of this venue, but after walking inside, I quickly realized this venue was amazing and beautiful! It has enough space for an intimate cocktail hour without being on top of each other and the ballroom is a perfect size for 100 guests or more. Constance was great to work with and would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 03/26/2015

River House Events's reply:

The pleasure was all ours! We're so happy you enjoyed your special day!

Dennis · event on: 01/31/2015

This was our Second Annual Dancing Stars of St. Johns County to benefit Kids Bridge and St. Augustine School of the Performing Arts. The River House staff went the extra mile to accommodate us. Our group is unique and had unique considerations and needs in order to maximize fundraising. It would not have been a success if held anywhere else!

Sent on 04/01/2015

Rose · Married on 01/24/2015

The River House was a perfect wedding venue for me and my groom! Other than the fact that it is gorgeous - It was great to have the wedding ceremony outside overlooking the water, with the availability to go inside if the weather did not cooperate on the big day.

Constance was a pleasure to work with and always replied to my questions quickly. She assured me that everything would go as planned, and it did!

Sent on 03/27/2015

River House Events's reply:

Rose, we are so happy that everything went perfectly on your big day! Congratulations, again!

Allison · Married on 01/17/2015

River House was the perfect venue for us. Constance and her staff are very knowledgeable and professional and the site is beautiful. Parking in St Augustine is very hard to come by and having this available is a luxury. We held the ceremony outside on the patio by the river and we could not have asked for a more picturesque place for the ceremony. River House has so many rooms available that even with a larger crowd, it still felt very intimate. Constance was wonderful to work with from suggestions on where to place the DJ and bar and food service to the selection of the linens. We cannot recommend this venue enough.

Sent on 02/04/2015

Brittany · Married on 01/10/2015

I cannot stress enough how perfect the River House was for making our wedding day a dream come true. Everything about this venue is beautiful and encompassed my vision of "coastal elegance" for our dream day. Being married on the water, yet still having such an elegant feel to the atmosphere is what you get with the River House. Constance and her team were a pleasure to work with and walked us through every step of the planning process. We fell in love with everything about the River House the second we took our first visit. We received so many compliments from our guests about how gorgeous and accommodating our venue was - a rarity for downtown Saint Augustine especially when it comes to parking (which is all on site at the RH). It was so wonderful that we were able to have our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in one place. It's also very convenient that they provide the linens, tables, chairs ,dinnerware, AND ceremony chairs in your package. You don't have to rent any of that! It's honestly worth every penny. Our wedding day was perfect and will be so memorable thanks to the River House and their exceptional staff.

Sent on 03/24/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you Brittany! We're so glad we could be a part of your special day!

Caroline · Married on 01/03/2015

Our wedding was perfect and beautiful - Constance and her team are amazing and were so wonderful to work with the whole way through. They make it so personal and really make you feel special. The venue is pristine and gorgeous inside and out, and the dance floor is incredible. All of our guests LOVED it and said it was one of the most beautiful venues they'd ever seen.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Our wedding was beautiful! All of our guests commented on the gorgeous location!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/22/2014

Constance was absolutely incredible and soo helpful, sweet and enthusiastic about planning our big day from the first day we toured the River House! So lucky to have her and our day was a dream come true! Thank you for making it happen!!
    ❤️ Lauren and Eric Kuschel

Sent on 12/19/2014

The River house was the perfect spot for a wedding. Constance was great to work with, and venue was absolutely beautiful! It was also great to have the option to use multiple rooms plus an outdoor space!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Kelsey · Married on 11/15/2014

Constance and the team at the River House are fabulous. They definitely know how the put together a wedding! They were there to help me with any details I had questions with and were very professional and quick to answer emails and calls. The venue is beautiful with an outdoor view of the St. Augustine lighthouse and the indoor ballroom is so extravagant for dinner and dancing. I would definitely recommend this venue for your wedding!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Bethany · Married on 11/09/2014

From the moment we walked into the River House we were sold! It is elegant and classy and the outdoor ceremony area overlooks the St Augustine, lighthouse...and it's just what we were looking for. Not only was the venue what we dreamed of, but Constance and her team were amazing to work with. Constance was incredibly helpful and was a true joy to work with. She is detailed and sentimental (on our 30 day walk through she coordinated her outfit with the color scheme of our wedding!!!) She added some simple but thoughtful touches on our wedding day that we were pleasantly surprised with (framed sign on the entrance of the venue announcing our wedding and a sign on my bridal suite with my new last name!) She made the planning process a bit easier because she was so easy to work with and easy to trust. I highly recommend the River House--it was worth every penny and you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Lyndsay · Married on 11/01/2014

The River House Event Staff is wonderful! We received responses very quickly to all of our questions and they were able to recommend a lot of great vendors that we used as well. The venue is absolutely beautiful- we chose to have our ceremony and reception on site. We would highly recommend The River House Events!

Sent on 12/03/2014
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/19/2014

Our venue was PERFECT. Our day was PERFECT. Thank you to the staff and Constance at River House. It was a dream come true. The chairs are to die for too! :)

Sent on 12/02/2014

Danielle · Married on 09/06/2014

Our wedding at Riverhouse was a dream. Constance was great to work with and helped prepare us for a smooth running evening. Such a beautiful venue!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Candace · Married on 07/26/2014

Constance and the team at the River House are wonderful! I could not have asked for a more beautiful setting for my summer wedding than what the River House gave us.

Sent on 10/03/2014

Alexis · Married on 07/19/2014

I can not say enough wonderful things about our wedding this past weekend at River House! First of all, the staff at River House is fabulous! Constance is so on top of every single detail. She is personable, kind, and extremely knowledgeable and professional. Each and every question I asked in person, over the phone, and via email was answered promptly and with great attention to detail. I knew we were in good hands. The venue and its view are pristine! The outside and the inside are so impressive and create a dream backdrop for wedding day photos. River House also stands out from many venues because when you rent River House, your event is the only one for the day, so you have it all to yourself and your guests, which is awesome! An additional benefit of booking at River House is parking. We looked at a few different St. Augustine venues, and others had no parking, which means either a major hassle for guests or added transportation costs for the hosts to provide guests with shuttles or trolleys. River House is just outside of the hustle and bustle, but it's far enough out that it has its own huge private parking lot. Looking back on our wedding day, there is nothing I can come up with that could have been improved about the venue. Our guests have continued raving for days about how incredible River House was. I highly recommend it! You can't go wrong with this gorgeous place and staff that will truly go above and beyond to make sure you have the perfect day!

Sent on 07/21/2014

It was a great experience overall! Everything turned out beautiful and perfect!! I was very pleased with everything!!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Crystal · Married on 06/12/2014

I have worked in the St. Augustine event industry for many years & have always loved the space that The River House offers to its brides. When it came time to plan my own wedding, The River House offered everything we wanted: a downtown location, indoor & outdoor space, parking, and room for our 130 guests. Constance, Emma, and Sara were all so great to work with! From the "official" tour (I had been there many times, but my fiancé had not) to our final walk through, everyone was always so helpful & quick to provide advice and suggestions that had worked for brides in the past. I love that they put their clients first and treat each event as if it was their first - taking pride in everything and ensuring that every detail is taken care of!!!

Sent on 06/26/2014

River House Events's reply:

Thanks Crystal & Dan! We were so honored that the president of the St Augustine Wedding & Event Association chose us to host her wedding. We loved being a part of such a fun wedding with lots of creative personal touches!

Kacie · Married on 05/31/2014

I had such an amazing experience with the River House for my wedding on May 31. Despite many recommendations to have a 'day of' coordinator, I did not and with the help of Constance and her amazing staff the day couldn't have gone any better. I booked this venue over a year ahead of time and throughout that year, Constance was constantly in communication with me to make sure all my questions were answered promptly. At any time I needed anything changed over the year, Constance helped me with no hesitation. Not only is the venue beautiful, but the staff is great too. Thanks!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Nicole · Married on 05/17/2014

This venue is spectacular! Our wedding was nothing short of amazing. We had the most perfect weather on our wedding day and even if we didn't it still would have been wonderful. Our guests absolutely loved this location and the service. The planning process was simple and Constance made it so easy. You have to be prepared to have multiple vendors for this location, but it is so worth it and you can make your wedding your own. Our guests could not stop talking about how great our wedding was. Thank you so much to the River House staff, they made our day so memorable, it was so amazing it was unreal....

Sent on 06/17/2014

Kristen · Married on 05/10/2014

The River House was the one and only venue my husband and I looked at for our May 10, 2014 wedding. At first glance, we knew it was the only place to have our dream wedding. And that is exactly what it was.......OUR DREAM WEDDING! We could not have asked for a better venue, location or staff. Constance was an absolute pleasure to work with. She responded to all of our emails and phone calls promptly and helped us feel at ease. I would recommend the River House to all future Brides and Grooms. No complaints here!!

Sent on 07/11/2014

Miranda · Married on 05/03/2014

We held our wedding reception at River House. We were so pleased with everything! Constance and her team are so polished and professional. Not only was the organization of the event and ease of planning fabulous, but there were so many little details and added touches set up for us that took special attention from the ladies at the venue. The setup was flawless, as well! Not to mention - the venue is beautiful, spacious, and in a perfect location. We are so appreciative of everything and we had a perfect wedding and reception! Thanks again River House Events!!

Sent on 05/31/2014