River House Events Reviews

212 | Saint Augustine, FL

212 Reviews for River House Events

What can I say about the River House.... absolutely beautiful!! We had our wedding there earlier this month and it was one of the best decisions! The place is absolutely beautiful, Constance and the staff are very friendly and willing to help where they can and did I mention they have ample FREE PARKING for all your guests and vendors!! I would recommend the River House to anyone looking for an elegant place to have your wedding or any other venue!! Jason, myself and Chloe would like to thank you Constance for everything!

Sent on 11/18/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you, Valarie! It was our pleasure to host your special day!
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/24/2015

We looked at all wedding venues in St. Augustine and River House, by far, had everything that we were looking for in a ceremony and reception location. It is such a unique building and location. It creates the feel of a private home with spectacular views. Here are a few reasons why to use River House:

Parking! Anyone who has been to St. Augustine knows what a pain it can be to find parking. River House has ample parking and overflow parking. They had no problem accommodating our 100+ guests.

Scenic Views: Sitting right on the Matanzas River, you get a view of the water and the iconic St. Augustine lighthouse to give all of your guests a beautiful feel for coastal life. We loved seeing the dolphins going for a swim by the venue.

Constance and her Staff: This group is absolutely essential for making a wedding run so smoothly. They were so helpful and quick to answer any questions/concerns even 18 months before the wedding date.

Bridal Room & Groom's Room: These were perfect locations for our group. We had plenty of room, mirrors, and dressing space for makeup/hair touch ups, snack time, and general chill time before the wedding ceremony.

Ballroom: Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe this space. The circular dance floor with an entire wall filled with windows to see out on the water, made this space perfect for the reception and great for a backup rain location. Constance worked so well with all of our vendors in planning for lighting, tables, set up, kitchen needs,etc. The bar is beautiful and served our guests perfectly. They transformed the entire venue into what we dreamed of for our wedding. Ice Cream Sundae Bar in the Conservatory was a hit!!

Catering choice: Many venues force you to choose their catering or one company they use, but River House has a list of approved caterers with MORE than enough wonderful options to choose from. Our favorite was on the list.

Sent on 12/01/2015

River House Events's reply:

WOW, we're blushing!! Thank you so much for the kind words, Lindsay! You really highlighted the best aspects of our venue. Congratulations again on your wedding!
  • User4191025 · 2+ years ago

The River house is honestly the most perfect venue. I really wanted somewhere that I could do the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception without making the guests move around or even think especially since we are all from out of town. The venue is just fabulous: beautiful views, big open windows in the ballroom, great dance floor: what else could you want! Constance and her team were amazing as well! They would email me back almost immediately and also let me come tour the venue whenever I was in town from Minnesota. They gave me great suggestions for my other vendors and worked together with my wedding planners to make my dream wedding come true! If you want a wedding that flows perfectly, this is your spot!

Sent on 11/09/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you Jenna! We're so happy we could be a part of your special day!

Natalya · Married on 10/17/2015

The venue was just what we wanted for our wedding, Constance was helpful and very informative. Our guest couldn't stop talking how perfect our wedding turned out!

Sent on 04/12/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thank you, Natalya! We're honored that you and Jason chose us to host your special day!

From one vendor to another

Constance, Sarah and their team members are wonderful. They are very organized and never complain about anything we ask of them. They are professional and truly help make your wedding special.

Sent on 04/08/2020

Sara · Married on 10/02/2015

The Riverhouse, with coordinator Constance, was absolutely wonderful! Unlike other venues, when you book here, they will only schedule your wedding that day so there is no overlapping or being rushed in or out. Also, you don't just get one room, but the whole lovely facility. I was very impressed with how much was included for the fee: silverware, flatware, glassware, indoor and outdoor chairs, fun little knick knacks (one less thing we had to buy), oversized tables, and especially, linen. We were allowed to bring in our own caterer and we even were able to supply our own alcohol. They were very flexible, allowing us to come in earlier than they contractually agreed to, and we popped by several times during the planning process without incident. The site is beautiful and fancy, but nothing about it and the staff was stuffy or reserved; there was no, "please, don't touch that." They also have plenty of parking, and guests are allowed to park overnight (if perhaps they drank too much). Finally, one of my most favorite parts is that this facility is first and foremost a senior center, and the money from weddings goes primarily to the facility's mortgage and maintenance. I like to know that my wedding isn't just business to them, and that my money isn't lining some big shot's pockets. I will definitely have my next 2 weddings here ;-)

Sent on 10/22/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you Sara! It's important to remember our true purpose as a non profit organization. We're honored that you chose us to host your big day!

Jessica · Married on 09/25/2015

From the minute we walked in to the River House we knew it was the place for us. Constance and team were a dream to work with and they went above and beyond to make our day a success! The River House is a great value (you don't have a lot of vendor restrictions) and honestly reduces a lot of headaches and stress, their packages include china, silverware, tables, linens and gold chiavari chairs so you don't have to run around and find another vendor to do this. All of our guests were raving about how beautiful the venue is. Our day was perfect and we can't thank the River House enough!

Sent on 10/14/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you, Jessica! We're so glad you enjoyed your special day with us, and are honored to have been a part of it!

Betsy · Married on 09/20/2015

Beautiful venue. Helpful coordinator and staff. So nice to have inside and outside space available. Looooooved that we were the only event that day, having the place to ourselves made the day that much more special and intimate.

Sent on 10/04/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you, Betsy! We do our best to make your special day stress-free. Congratulations, again!

Cary · Married on 09/12/2015

Out of all the Venues we traveled through in St. Augustine, being all extremely nice, we fell in love with this one. Constance is a blessing to work with and we are looking forward to our upcoming wedding here in September. There is absolutely nothing I can say to change my mind on knowing we have picked the most breathe taken experience we will have ever experience. So very excited to start our new lives together and adventure the many years to come, this is where it will begin.

WEDDING DAY!!! This was the BEST decision we could have made. Amazing Staff!!! Everything was perfect from beginning to end... I wouldn't had changed anything. Even with the rain they turned my dream wedding into a memory of a lifetime. I can not thank you enough for all you did to help make our day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 05/30/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you, Cary & Eric! We're looking forward to hosting your wedding this fall. Can't wait to see all you have planned for your special day!

cary · Married on 09/12/2015

We can not brag enough about this venue and the group of people who helped to assist. Everyone was extremely helpful, caring and made sure that our experience was everything it could have been. The rain didn't stop them and the party went on...Thank you all of you for the wonderful memories. ..

Sent on 10/06/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/08/2015

The River House Event Center went above and beyond my expectations. They were very professional from the first phone call to follow up concluding my wedding. The staff was very helpful and friendly and really made me feel important.

Sent on 08/27/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashley! We are glad we could be a part of your special day!

Sherry · Married on 08/01/2015

The moment we saw The River House we knew it was the place for us. Located on the water with the light house in the background and windows lining the dance floor, it's just gorgeous! We worked with Constance who was wonderful, she always answered my questions almost immediately and even responded to my emails when she wasn't working. I can not say enough good things about The River House and their employees. Definitely the best wedding in St Augustine and surrounding areas by far!

Sent on 08/30/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you Sherry! We sincerely appreciate the kind words and are very honored that we could be a part of your special day! Congratulations again to you both!

Celeste · Married on 07/12/2015

Constance and her team were wonderful to work with. The venue is gorgeous! This is THE place to celebrate!

Sent on 08/08/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you Celeste! So glad you enjoyed your special day with us!

Michelle · Married on 07/11/2015

All of the staff at River House were very attentive and a pleasure to work with! Constance was very helpful in the planning process and was very professional. Would recommend this venue to any planner for a special event! Parking was easy and perfect picture locations on site!

Sent on 08/10/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you Michelle! It was a pleasure being a part of your special day!

Beautiful venue and Constance was a joy to work with. the ambiance for my daughter's wedding was amazing. We had people that attended our other daughter's wedding and loved the venue (different one) but after attending this wedding said they had changed their mind as this one was hands down better. If we had it to do all over again, I would have urged my daughter not to get married in June as we melted outdoors lol, but we couldn't have asked for a more exquisite view both inside and outside.

Sent on 07/20/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you! We loved being a part of your daughters big day. Unfortunately, the weather is one of those things we can't control, but we're lucky to have the inlet breeze and gorgeous views to make up for the heat!

Kumari · Married on 06/27/2015

This venue was so beautiful, we decided to push our wedding date back. This venue is limited in the vendors you can use and the rules to use the venue, but it is worth it to use the space. The sales and marketing manager was very accommodating of our requests and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 08/09/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you, Kumari! Congratulations, again!

Love this venue and staff were great.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Thank you!

Chelsea · Married on 06/20/2015

Venue was gorgeous! Staff was great!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Thank you, Chelsea!
  • User5220939 · 2+ years ago

The venue was absolutely gorgeous for our wedding reception. All of my out of town guests absolutely loved the scenery! Constance was very quick to respond to my emails. It was so nice to find a venue that had enough parking for everyone, because in downtown St. Augustine that's pretty rare. The amenities and table linens/tableware looked very nice and the layout of the building is set up perfectly. I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 07/29/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We're so glad we could be a part of your special day!

Sue · Married on 06/13/2015

Deciding on River House in St. Augustine as the site for our daughter’s June 2015 wedding reception was an easy decision! The location, the space, and the view are absolutely breathtaking! We wanted a venue where our guests could ‘spread out’! Cocktail hour was outside on the terrace where the guests could enjoy the beautiful view of the Intracoastal Waterway and the St. Augustine Lighthouse! The Grande Ballroom was absolutely perfect for our reception with plenty of room to seat our guests for dinner, and the ballroom dance floor is extra spacious, which was a must for our party, since our guests danced the night away! By the way, all of our vendors were thrilled to be working at River House!!! Constance (and her team) was beyond helpful from the beginning stages of planning through the end of our reception. Don’t be shy about asking her anything when planning your wedding! Constance’s expertise in planning a wedding reception was extremely valuable, and she is the reason our daughter and husband, along with our guests experienced a wonderful and fun reception

Sent on 08/14/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Sue! It's wonderful to hear such a positive review from a parent's perspective. It was a pleasure working with you, as well! Congratulations again to Jennifer and Michael!

Jennifer · Married on 06/13/2015

For starters, the River House is one of the most picturesque venues in Saint Augustine! It was absolutely perfect, the spanning backdrop of the water and Saint Augustine Lighthouse made for a great utilization of the patio space by our Guests (and was wonderful for pictures)! Additionally, it is truly a luxury of space (especially among bustling Saint Augustine). Our guests had the luxury of parking on-site at no additional costs or stress to them, and the venue affords the WHOLE space to the dedication of your particular event! This was one of my favorite aspects, among the space and wonderful service from the staff we felt at home at the River House. We did not feel as though we were renting a room for a temporary time, but rather we were afforded the opportunity to roam freely from the main ballroom to the library, dock and beyond. We heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests about the venue selection, and we could not have been happier!

I think it is also essential that I include that the River House offers more than stunning perfection in view, but a wonderfully dedicated and professional staff! We primarily worked with Constance when planning our use of the venue, and she quickly became our go to reference for all things wedding! It is evident that Constance knows the wedding and event industry. She had an ease of sharing all of our different options and professionally recommended various vendors that have excelled at the River House previously. We greatly credit Constance to laying the foundation for the perfect wedding! Additionally, the River House staff present for the event were wonderful and extremely detail-oriented! All individuals we interacted with at the River House ensured the event ran seamlessly and we so appreciated their professional and relatable interactions.

I highly recommend Constance, her team and the River House to any couple looking for a Saint Augustine wedding!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Everyone that works at River House was so helpful through the process. The space was beautiful for both ceremony and reception. We received so many compliments for the venue.

Sent on 06/30/2015

River House Events's reply:

We're so glad you and your guests enjoyed the venue. Thank you for choosing River House to host your special day!

Heather · Married on 05/24/2015

We were very impressed with all the services at River House for our wedding. Constance and the River House team were wonderful to work with and helped us all the way. They were even great when it rained an hour before our wedding, but we didn't worry at all. Everything was taken care of.

Sent on 06/23/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you Heather! It was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations again!

River House is a beautiful venue with an amazing view! Everyone enjoyed the classy feel and the indoor/outdoor accommodation. Constance and the rest of the River House staff are so helpful and really care about your every wedding desire. I highly recommend River House.

Sent on 06/18/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We are lucky to have an amazing staff who love what they do. Congratulations again on your wedding!

Kristy · Married on 04/25/2015

Such a beautiful space!!! It was absolutely perfect for my wedding. My wedding was in April had for the cocktail hour guests had the beautiful view of the river as they sipped drinks outside. Inside, you have the beautiful library and also the perfect set up for dancing and dinner. Constance and her crew could not have been more helpful either. They met us during our walk through, helped us designed a layout with our tables, and so so much more. Highly recommended!!!!

Sent on 06/26/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you Kristy! We are so glad we could be a part of your special day!