River City Brewing Company Reviews

15 Reviews for River City Brewing Company

• Bailey

Bailey 路 Married on 08/09/2019

Loved our wedding venue! 馃挋

When looking for a wedding venue, we wanted a unique place. We envisioned a nautical themed wedding, and somewhere downtown with the Jacksonville skyline and river nearby. River City Brewing Company was the place for us!
    Not only do they offer amazing wedding package for couples with great prices, but the service is amazing! Krysta, the catering director, was so helpful the entire process. She did walk-throughs with us, answered all emails/phone calls quickly, and she was there for any questions that we may have had.
    We loved our tasting, in which we tried the foods that we wanted to serve for our wedding. We were impressed, and all we heard was how great the food was after our wedding.
    The staff that helped with our wedding was friendly and helpful the entire night of our wedding. We also had so many compliments on how pretty the venue was. Right on the river, we had a gorgeous view of the Downtown Jacksonville skyline, especially at sunset. The venue itself already had a nautical feel with its decor, and we were married in the Bride Room in front of the fireplace. We then had our reception in the Acosta Ballroom. We also liked how flexible the venue was as they allowed us to add the decor and styling that we wished.
    When we look back at our wedding planning and day, we only smile. Thank you Krysta and River City Brewing Company for making our big day so perfect!
    Some pictures are attached.
    Photography by Walls of Jerico Photography. Coordination, styling and floral by Marker31 Event Co.

Sent on 09/06/2019

River City Brewing Company's reply:

Thank you so much Bailey & Colton! It was an absolute pleasure to coordinate with you both, from beginning to end. Amazing clients make my job that much more special, and you two, were some of my favorites! It also helps to share the execution process with such amazing vendors, to include Walls of Jerico Photography, All About Events & Marker31 Event Co.! Everything came together beautifully, and it has become one of my favorite Wedding Ceremonies + Receptions at River City Brewing Company to date. I wish you the best of luck, and a lifetime of happiness. I hope to see you both again soon! Thank you for allowing us to share in one of the most important celebrations of your lives. We were honored!
  • sarah

Sarah 路 Married on 10/06/2018

Great Experience

Krysta at River City Brewing Company was excellent from start to finish during the planning of my wedding. She responded to all my emails in a timely manner and most importantly was open to any last minute changes I had. The food was great and the service during my reception was awesome! We had a fantastic bartender and the team captain for the night was attentive to all of our needs. And, you can't beat the views as well! We got married on the outside deck and it was absolutely perfect! Would recommend this location to anyone wanting the downtown feel for an affordable price.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Moni 路 Married on 02/24/2018

Had rehearsal dinner at River City coordinated by Krysta Johnson. I can not express in words her professionalism & genuine thoughtfulness for having my son's rehearsal dinner the greatest event. All was organized down to the folding of the napkins. Food was to perfection as well as the settings of the tables and the sweetheart table. The Bridge Room overlooked the St. John's River with seating outside to relax after dinner with the awesome view of Jacksonville lights of the city at night. The atmosphere was one of family and love. Please consider River City Brewing Company for any event you may have. What a special place and location. By the way, my son's bride parents had the wedding on the deck overlooking the St. Johns along with the reception. All was as suburb as our rehearsal dinner. Plenty of space, great food and service. The couple deserved the best and received the best!! Thank you Krysta Johnson for being the best!!! Resoectfully, Sherrie Gordon

Sent on 03/06/2018

Julie 路 Married on 11/10/2017

Krysta, Captain Tom, Aaron and the crest of the staff were awesome. Everyone at the wedding said the food was phenominal. The prime rib was cooked perfectly. Chicken moist and delicious and the fresh catch if the day was seasoned perfectly. The atmosphere was perfect.

Sent on 11/12/2017

River City Brewing Company's reply:

Thank you SO much Julie! It was an absolute pleasure coordinating with you both! Congratulations on your 25th year married! We all hope to host you, your family and your friends at some point soon. Take care, and thank you for the wonderful review!
  • Meghan S.

Meghan 路 Married on 06/03/2017

We are having our rehearsal dinner at River City Brewing Company in the Bridge Room. So far we have toured the venue and set the details for the night. We are waiting for their new menu to select our buffet choices. Krysta has been our contact for setting this up, and she has been very responsive. We know the food and service will be great as we have dined here several times.

Sent on 12/30/2016

River City Brewing Company's reply:

Thank you so much Meghan! I'm excited to coordinate with you over the next six months! Our goal is to ensure your rehearsal dinner is as perfect as you are envisioning. Thank you for thinking of us here at RCBC, and for providing us with the opportunity to host you, your fiance and your guests during such a special occasion. Congratulations!

Marie-Paule 路 event on: 09/24/2016

The catering manager Krysta has exceptional skills as an event planner. I live in Miami and the event was in Jacksonville. I had nobody there to help me and I am arriving the evening before the party. I am busy all day during graduation. I arrived to the venue at 645pm. Everything was set according to plan. The place is gorgeous with direct view on the river. It was the bridge room. The prices are reasonable. the food delicious. The service was excellent. The party was extremely well planned. I am happy and my guests were also surprised and happy. We had an excellent time.
    Thank you Krysta and your crew. Thank you. I could not have made it so beautifully without you.

Sent on 09/26/2016

River City Brewing Company's reply:

Thank you so very much for your review Marie! We greatly appreciate your complimentary words, and especially for thinking of us here at RCBC to host your September 2016 event. It was an absolute pleasure coordinating with you from start to finish. I hope to do so again in the near future. Please let me know if you come to Jacksonville and need any type of event services - I would love to caterer to you again! I will be sure to relay your praise to our staff! Happy New Year!I

Cara 路 Married on 02/27/2016

We selected River City Brewing Company as our rehearsal dinner location. We really didn't have any idea what to really expect but saw that they had a lot of good ratings and the location of the restaurant was close to our hotel. For our party of 20 there were 3 servers assigned to us and not one time was there anything to ever complain about. The entire experience was phenomenal. We were seated quickly, our tables had a great view, our servers were attentive, all of our food came out at the same time and HOT, and my husband and I even got a champagne toast on them! It was so great. All 20 of us absolutely loved our dishes. Would 100% go back to this restaurant if we were back in Jacksonville!

Sent on 02/29/2016
  • User2027683 路 2+ years ago

My Contact Rebecca left River City a week before my wedding however the person who took over for her didn鈥檛 miss a beat. Everything went off without a hitch on their end. Our reception was in the Bridge Room, and was perfect! I was scared that there will not be enough room for everyone but I was wrong. Food was great!

Sent on 06/25/2012
  • Kim

Kim 路 Married on 11/27/2010

We had a small wedding and reception in the Acosta Room for lunch. I was very satisfied with the food and the service and the helpfillness of the manager who spent time and went over everything before the wedding with us and even offered very helpful suggestions concerning the wine and food choices. Absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 12/13/2010

Rebecca 路 Married on 06/19/2010

First let me begin by saying that the wedding coordinator I worked with ended up moving the month before my wedding and my husband, mother, and myself were devastated!! Her name was Jennifer Williams and she was absolutely incredible. She helped us so much, even when she was 9 months pregnant and about to give birth walking up the stairs with us to show us around! She went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect for our wedding. I was devastated when she told me that she would not be there for our reception, but at that point, the only thing left to do was pay for the event. She had handled everything, made sure that even though she wouldn't be there everything was perfect. I wished that I could have seen her on that day to thank her for everything she did for us. So, this rating is for Jennifer. Wherever you are, I hope you are making other people as happy as you made us!

Now, for the person that took her place, I can't speak as highly for. She was not there the day of our wedding to make sure everything was taken care of. I never saw her or spoke to her after we paid for our event, it was as if we didn't exist to her. And that was unfortunate because we had had such a great experience with Jennifer. So, be careful of who you get and make sure they are there the day of your event!!!

Sent on 11/30/2010
  • colleen

Colleen 路 Married on 10/18/2008

The River City Brewing Company was the perfect pick for a Reception Venue. The staff was amazing, my father said that they even catered to whatever requests he had throughout the evening. I had anything I needed whenever I needed it. We requested the champagne toast, and in less then five minutes everyone had a glass and the toast was under way. They have a huge menu to choose from. We chose a buffet style dinner with three entrees, potato, pasta, vegetable, and salad, and added four appetizers. This choice was more expensive then a plated meal, but everyone got exactly what they wanted, no one went home hungry, and people are still talking about how wonderful it was!

Sent on 11/12/2008

Melanie 路 Married on 10/03/2009

They were so awesome to work with; extremely responsive. They understood our vision and concerns. It is such a lovely view from their second floor and we are very happy with our decision to have our reception here. The food was AMAZING!!! We are still hearing great things about it! They also catered to our vegetarians and children with no problem. If we should ever need to hold an event w/ great food, staff, and ambiance, we will definitely use River City. Jennifer and Rebecca in the event office are great!

Sent on 02/05/2010
  • Lauren

Lauren 路 Married on 05/28/2011

We loved having our rehearsal dinner at River City. The view was majestic and food was delicious. This is a great way to welcome guests to Jacksonville for your rehearsal dinner or if you have a small wedding, you could have a great reception here. Rebecca has a lot of experience and she was great in helping us plan.

Sent on 07/16/2011
  • User2659954 路 2+ years ago

4.2
      3.0

Venue, food and view, great plus wonderful value. However, must stay on top of vender and maintain meticulous notes. Event was great and guests had a blast. In the end the night of was great!

Sent on 09/16/2012

Jessica 路 Married on 12/28/2006

3.6
      3.0

This was a very classy service that we chose to take part in.

Sent on 01/08/2008