Ritz Events Reviews

Ritz Events 2
Ritz Events 3

Lauren · Married on 09/27/2019

Queen of weddings!

Allison is hands down incredibly organized and hard working! All throughout our wedding planning she was on top of every need and question we had. She had insight that only a true professional would have but didn't make us feel like she was making decisions for us. Allison couldn't have been nicer, more personable and full of enthusiasm. She encouraged us and helped us look for vendors and stayed in contact with them during our planning. The evening before the wedding she started decorating at the venue by hanging tent lights and making other preparations while we had our rehearsal. She was truly amazing the day of the wedding... decorated all morning and afternoon, made sure all the vendors were there on time, fixed issues effortlessly when they arose, made sure all items were packed/returned at the end of the night and so much more! Allison turned our wedding day vision into reality and made it such an effortless day for us to enjoy! We were truly blessed to have her on our team!!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Nathan Caudill-Oakes · Married on 08/24/2019

Allison was hands down the best person at our wedding

Allison made a huge impact on our wedding!! She did such an elegant job at handling every situation thrown at her!! We are a same sex couple and we appreciated her more than words can express!! With me always having to be in control she always knew what to say to make sure that I knew she had everything handled!! She worked her ass of and made sure our day was the best day ever!! We can not thank her enough for making our dream wedding the best day of our lives!! If you are wanting an awesome wedding planner Allison is your girl!! Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Eric

Eric Landholm · Married on 05/19/2019

Just hire her - you won't regret it!

When you're planning a wedding, you have to put a lot of trust in your vendors to understand and execute your vision. It's a little scary not knowing if that's going to work out, but I have to say that hiring Allison was the absolute best decision my now husband and I made.

We are a same-sex, mixed-race couple and had a traditional Hindu wedding — not exactly the norm here in Southwest Ohio! Allison did her research and really familiarized herself with the rituals as well as the vibe we wanted to create. Things happen at weddings and nothing is ever perfect, but when other vendors fell short of our expectations, Allison picked up the slack. She went above and beyond to make our day beautiful, up to and including ironing linens late into the night and helping to recreate misplaced ceremonial items out of nothing, and she did all of this with a smile on her face and a reassuring demeanor. I cannot recommend her more highly!!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Ritz Events's reply:

Thank you Eric! You are too kind! Working with you and Varun on your wedding was so much fun and so special to be a part of.

Eric · Married on 04/06/2019

The Best Investment of Our Entire Wedding

We cannot say enough positive things about Allison. We initially thought we could do all of the planning on our own and that we didn't need to pay for a planner, but hiring her was the best decision we made by far. She asked questions we didn't even know to ask, and coordinated so well with all of our other vendors and if anything ever came up or needed to happen, she took care of it. She made our actual wedding day seamless and actually totally stress-free! She also helped with decorating and got to know us so well that she brought out our vision even better than we could think of, and she managed everything from macro to micro. We cannot recommend Allison enough, and would willingly talk to anyone trying to decide because she is that worth it.

Sent on 04/16/2019

Ritz Events's reply:

Thanks Eric! You and Jasmine are a beautiful couple and I am honored to have been there for you on your big day.

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2018

Best. Decision. I. Made. For. My. Wedding. I hired Allison for day-of wedding coordination.
    Allison was worth her weight in gold. She was a great advocate for me, making sure I got what I wanted and needed from vendor meetings. She established a great timeline and so instrumental in getting all of the other vendors on board and also making sure wedding party was given the info. Our wedding was smooth from start to finish and I feel this is largely do to Allison's contributions. She got my tablecloths and flowers picked up, ensured smooth operations including setup (it was beautiful!) and efficient tear down, and was confident enough to make executive decisions day- of when needed. If anything went wrong, I still do not know about it! Responds well to questions, feedback and requests. Goes out of her way to make sure your day is everything you dreamed of and makes you feel like the most important person on the planet. Would hire Allison again and again!! Thank you!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Ritz Events's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica! You are so thoughtful! It was amazing working with you on your day and being trusted to handle such an important moment for you two.

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2017

Allison is amazing! My day went off exactly as I planned, all thanks to Allison!! She worked with me throughout the planning process to make sure I thought of the little details and had a plan in place. Allison ensured that all of my decorations were where they were supposed to be to help execute my vision for my wedding. She even let me borrow some of her decorations for the wedding. I can honestly say nothing went wrong at my wedding and I had a stress free day and I know that's singlehandedly due to Allison's efforts. Any bride should do themselves a favor and have Allison help them on their special day, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/29/2017

Ritz Events's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica! You are such a sweet person and I wish you and your husband nothing but the best!

Jacqueline · Married on 07/07/2017

There are simply NO words to express our sincere appreciation & gratitude towards Allison!! I was actually referred to her through our sales consultant from our venue, and I couldn't be more thankful that she did! I knew that an event planner wasn't in our cards as our budget wouldn't allow, and was unfamiliar with what a day of coordinator was exactly. So I gave Allison a call, and after speaking for what seemed like hours, I felt as if I was talking with a best friend! She was so friendly, and explained in detail what her responsibilities would be. She answered any & all questions, & I joked with her & told her that she had to help me sell this to my fiance, who wasn't so keen on the idea. Well, she knocked it out of the park - because I told her that I was sold, and that's what really matters, right?! ;) I remember hanging up the phone, and having this sense of calmness after our conversation. I knew that we would be in great hands! Allison was an absolute blessing in disguise!!! I am not the "planner" type person, more of a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of girl :) She took the reigns over, and I couldn't have been more happier! She went above & beyond her duties & exceeded all of our expectations! My fiance was even grateful that we hired her, because we didn't have to worry about a thing. It was so nice to just be able to sit back, and relax during this experience - and not have to worry about the little (AND big) things! I truly valued the friendship that we created during the 4 months we had - and was especially grateful for her on the day of our wedding. My wedding day nerves were getting the best of me, and I was feeling a little anxious, and she & I hung out in the walk-in-freezer at our venue to cool down, literally, LOL. Not sure what I/we would have done without her! I highly recommend Allison - even if you are a "planner" type person, & think that you don't need any help this is the biggest day of your life thus far.. she was our best investment!!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Jeff · Married on 05/13/2017

Allison was absolutely amazing! Our wedding was outdoors and due to weather had to be relocated the Wednesday before. She helped find us a new place in about an hour. She orchestrated the whole day with absolute perfection. With having to move it so late we were pretty nervous how it would go (but we knew it would be perfect in our eyes regardless). Turns out it was perfect in everyones eyes. My mother in law asked "How did this turn out so perfect?" My father in law said "Allison."
    I made a point to go up to her I think it was three times during the reception when I saw her alone and just hugged her and thanked her. One time I said "I dont know how many stripes you had before this, but you just earned a couple more."
    I would absolutely recommend her to ANYONE.

Sent on 09/16/2017

Melissa · Married on 03/24/2017

Allison could only be described as my second brain. I was just looking for someone to serve as my day-of coordinator, to help with making sure everyone (including myself) was where they were supposed to be, someone to keep the events of the day moving and be ‘the boss’ so I could sit back and just be the bride. We met two months after she gave birth to twins, and with the two cuties in tow, she presented to me a very clear outline of pretty much everything I needed to stay on track with wedding planning. She exceeded my needs as merely a day-of-coordinator and instead checked in with me periodically to make sure I was on track with my planning, communicated on her own with my vendors and made sure she knew every little detail going through my head so that she could make decisions for me without me involved (and stressed). And then—the completely unexpected happened. I woke up 2 weeks before my wedding after months of back pain unable to move my right leg. I had emergency spine surgery that day and with Allison's help & support, WE made my wedding happen. Allison kept me calm with a drink in hand while she handled the groomsman who forgot to show up to pictures (I didn’t even realize this happened), a missing boutonniere, wrapping of groomsman’s gifts, constantly shifting timelines, stubborn family members, decorating for the ceremony and reception, playing ‘DJ’ during the band’s breaks, cleaning up after the reception and loading and unloading all of our wedding gifts and decorations and delivery to our apartment so that I didn't have to lift a finger after my back surgery. And she’s cool: when an event center employee balked at a guest who brought his own flask, Allison jumped right in to make everyone happy—she ‘disposed of’ the flask and brought the guest a ‘special’ iced-tea. A few weeks after the wedding, she checked in with me just to say ‘hi’ and see how married life was going! Allison was not only my brain, she was a lifesaver, and a friend for life. <3

Sent on 07/08/2017

Ritz Events's reply:

Melissa, thank you for the amazing review! You are so incredibly thoughtful and kind. I loved getting to know you and Dino and was honored to be part of your wedding. I've never been to such a fun reception!! You both are amazing and I'm so glad we met; definitely friends for life.

Holly · Married on 02/04/2017

I utilized Allison’s services for my wedding in September, 2010. Before the wedding, Allison was very involved with making sure we were on schedule, and helping me with all the little details. She loves weddings and she is an extraordinary planner, so this position just suits her perfectly. She helped me plan a detailed itinerary for the day of the rehearsal and the wedding. She was more than willing and happy to help with everything, from measuring water in centerpieces, to de-stemming flowers, to organizing the layout of the room. As a bride-to-be, the whole wedding planning process can be extremely overwhelming. Allison took the stress out of the planning, allowing me to actually enjoy it.

She was invaluable the day of. I think she even woke up before I did! She was back and forth between the reception venue and the church. She was in constant communication with the vendors, assuring they were on time and answered all their questions. She checked in with the bridal party, helped people get to where they needed to be. She pinned corsages. She handed out bubbles. She answered questions, and countless phone calls. She delivered goody bags to the boys and the girls. She handed us the keys to the getaway car. She tipped the vendors. She was perfect.

To have her as a coordinator, and to help me and my husband prepare for our big day was priceless. She took so much stress off of us. We didn’t have to worry if a vendor actually showed up, or if someone brought green table linens instead of blue. She took care of everything. We trusted her and knew that if we left it up to her, it would get done and get done exactly how we would like. She was so invested in us, our wedding, and our vision. She took the time to listen and really understand us.
    I would strongly recommend Allison’s services. She was always on time, excited, and flexible. I’ve not met anyone else who has the ability to understand and implement ideas more seamlessly. We are so thankful for everything

Sent on 10/18/2012

Suzanne · Married on 07/30/2016

Allison was a God send when it came to wedding planning! When my husband and I got engaged, I had the crazy idea that we could plan a wedding in 7 months. I sat down with also months prior to the wedding and she went through the major thing that I needed to have done and when I needed them done by. This helped to keep me on track so I wouldn't get frazzled. She worked with me up until the day of my wedding. There wasn't anything that Allison didn't know how to do. She confirmed with all of my vendors prior to the wedding, helped grab last minute things, and help keep my head on straight. She had timelines printed out for everyone involved in the wedding to keep everything running smoothly, helped the decorator, brought the flower boxes from my house, and kept things running smoothly throughout the day. I am sure that there are 5000 other things that she did but I didn't know about them because I was actually able to sit back and take in every aspect of our wedding day because of Allison. On top of all of these things, she was 8 months pregnant with twins! She didn't let anything stand in the way of her doing an amazing job!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Emily · Married on 07/23/2016

Allison is not only professional and easy to work with, but she knows exactly what she’s doing! She helped plan my wedding last year, and I could not recommend anyone better. She came to almost all of my vendor appointments, advocated for our wants and needs with the vendors and kept in contact with them up until the day of the wedding. On the wedding day, I did not have to worry about anything going wrong. One of the groomsmen was given the wrong color shirt from our tuxedo rental provider, and Allison went out and bought him the correct color shirt immediately. I didn’t even know that this had occurred until the next day!

If you are looking for a stress free wedding, look no further. Thanks for everything, Allison!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Lisa · Married on 07/16/2016

I'm not even sure where to begin! Allison was with us every step of the way. From keeping us on track with a timeline to making sure all the little details were taken care of on the big day - Allison was amazing! I can't imagine what we would have done without her. She was truly a joy to work with! She was able to answer all of our questions, give us advice and steer us in the right direction when we got off course. She was 7 months pregnant with twins on the 98 degree day of the wedding. What a trooper! My daughter and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Allison made sure everything was taken care of. She took care of details I never would have thought of, like making sure the runners on the tables were all facing the same direction. She stayed after the rehearsal to set up for the ceremony while the rest of us went to dinner. I found out the day after the wedding that one of the groomsmen had a white shirt instead of a black one. The rental company gave him the wrong shirt. A few hours before the ceremony Allison went to Kohls and bought a black shirt. I had no idea this was even going on! I literally had to worry about NOTHING. I highly recommend Allison - I promise you won't be sorry.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Stefanie · Married on 10/11/2014

Allison was a fantastic planner and day of coordinator. She was quite literally our savior. The day of she was absolutely essential. She took care of the many hiccups that day. Including the leaky ceiling in our ceremony room, picking up the flowers and arranging them and our centerpieces, dealing with the groomsmen and the issues with missing and/or mismatched attire, running around town taking care of last minute items, and making sure that neither my husband or I knew about any of these problems to ensure we would enjoy our day. Let me tell you, she is a miracle worker. Without her, our day very well could have been a disaster and I'm so grateful for all of her hard work and help that day. All the while she had a smile on and truly did enjoy every aspect. She shows great attention to details and thought of things that never even crossed my mind. It's amazing the great lengths this lady will go to make sure you have the most amazing wedding day.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Ritz Events was wonderful for our wedding! Allison was great in helping our wedding weekend go smoothly. She helped guide the vendors according to our plan and make sure that everything was set up and stress free for us to enjoy. This day is supposed to be the happiest day in your life and there are some business needs that have to be taken care of that can steal the bride and groom away from all the joy. We cannot stress enough how important it is to have a wedding planner for the "bridezilla" & in my case "groomzilla" attitude to be minimized. If you would like your wedding plan and day to go smoothly - Ritz Events is the company for you!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Rachael · Married on 05/18/2013

Allison was one of my greatest assets on my wedding day, she helped with day of coordination and was hands on throughout the planning process ensuring she was in the know on every last detail. Allison took the time to contact all of my vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page and thought of so many planning details that I had not considered, helping the day to flow seamlessly. Despite a quick change on the big day due to rain, Allison executed our back up plan and made sure the day was still perfect! You won't regret using Allison for your wedding or next big event!

Sent on 08/11/2013

Allison was absolutely wonderful!! I hired her less than 2 weeks before my wedding and she was able to jump right in and help coordinate everything. She tied up all the loose ends and made sure all the vendors were on the same page. The one thing that went wrong the day of the wedding, she was able to fix for me. If anything else went wrong, I have no idea! She took care of everything. The reception hall was absolutely beautiful too- everything that I could have imagined! She had VERY reasonable prices too! I would recommmend her to everyone in the area!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/08/2012

When I think about my wedding and the days leading up to it, I don’t know how I would have done it without Ritz Events. Allison is one of the most organized, helpful, and selfless people I know. The service I received for my wedding was absolutely invaluable. She also provided me with the best thing any wedding planner could provide—sanity.

Often, without asking her, Allison would go out of her way to research all the little details that I wasn’t thinking about—the seating for the ceremony, who would unlock the church for us, the signs for the tables at the reception. I never once had to remind her to do anything—she was always three steps ahead of me.

Not only was Allison on top of all the pre-wedding planning, but when I came to a bump in the road, she sprang into action. About three weeks before the wedding, we found out that our pianist would not be able to perform due to health complications. Of course, we were slightly panicked about how everything would pan out. Within one day of telling Allison our issue, she had found another pianist who was willing to take on the job AND do so within our price range. Needless to say, Allison is nothing short of a miracle worker.

The day of my wedding was absolutely wonderful. I wasn’t stressed out because I knew that Allison had it all handled. She is great at keeping everything moving and gracefully handling moments of conflict with vendors or even family members. She made everything perfect.

I’m not quite sure how she does what she does—keeping track of so many important little details while maintaining her composure and amazing energy. We were so lucky to have her as a part of our big day. All I can do is continue to say “THANK YOU!” and pass the word along to any and every bride-to-be!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Danielle · Married on 07/07/2018

Allison was THE BOMB!! I had a full DIY venue, and was worried about setup and tear down, and I didn't even think about all the other things that go into the big day - like vendor coordination and ceremony/reception coordination. Allison handled it ALL! She met with me a few times leading up to my wedding and had everything planned out and ready. She worked on decorating the venue Friday night and early Saturday morning. She did all the chair covers and sashes, the whole table design, the alter (gazebo decorations), and everything in-between; including the late hours she put in after the Reception to get everything tore down and packed up. I couldn't have done it all without her, and not to mention, she is very reasonably priced for everything she does!

Ritz Events 4
    Ritz Events 5
    Ritz Events 6
    Sent on 08/29/2018
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 12/22/2018

Allison was flexible and easy to work with!

Allison was great to work with leading up to the wedding! My husband and I live separately (dual mil) and neither in Cincinnati where our wedding was. We met over FaceTime + after the first "meeting" my husband was convinced we needed to hire her. We originally only hired Allison because we needed someone to help set up a few things the morning of the wedding and tear down afterwards. Allison did just that + so much more. The only areas of improvement I have are attitude! Many of my other vendors complained about Allison being rude - which is so unfortunate. Allison packed the car for us so we didn't have to worry about where our stuff was or worrying it would get left behind - which was so awesome because we were then able to say goodbye to our guests. The downfall is she stacked all the warm candles on top of each other so they melted on top of one another - which means they cannot be used again. Wish I would have been more specific with loading instructions. OVERALL - Allison performed all her duties stated in the contract!

Sent on 02/09/2019

Ritz Events's reply:

Annie I'm so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with my services. I'm always extremely polite to all vendors so hearing this really upsets me. I'll be contacting all of your vendors Monday morning. In regards to your decor, everything was returned to you exactly the way you dropped it off. I even waited for the candles to cool before packing them. It was December so I'm having a hard time understanding how they melted. Thank you for your feedback and wishing you the best. Allison
  • Marie

Marie Sauerhage · Married on 09/21/2019

3.0

Lisa Engel from Ritz was wonderful

My daughter got married in Cincinnati and we hired this event planner to help on the day of the event. Lisa was with us through the day and evening and helped with everything, including getting more buttercream icing from a local bakery to repair the cake that didn't make it to the location intact. Well worth the money!

Sent on 09/24/2019