Riese Lauriat - Professional Makeup Artist Reviews

22 | Plymouth, MI

22 Reviews for Riese Lauriat - Professional Makeup Artist

• Q

Quyen · Married on 07/06/2013

Riese performed miracles for my wedding. Riese and her assistant traveled to my wedding site from across the state to work on seven girls in just four hours. My make-up was immaculate, and somehow Riese was able to do something magical that let my make-up stay on for eight (8) hours in 85 degree heat without a hitch. Riese played up all the best features. With Riese's work, I looked polished and kinda timeless in my pictures. I normally don't look that good and I use make-up every day. I recommend Riese to all my friends, my family, and especially to you. A professional make-up artist is worth it - you will be looking at your pictures on facebook and your videos for the rest of your life.

barbara · Married on 08/27/2011

Riese did an AWESOME job on the makeup for my sister's wedding. She made my sister look absolutely beautiful and I was in love with my makeup as well. I wish I could hire her to do my makeup everyday!! She made my small eyes look bigger and I fell in love with my fake eyelashes!! Thanks soooo much Riese!!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/27/2011

Riese was a lifesaver for my sister's wedding. We had a hard time finding a makeup artist and so when we finally did it was considered a last minute find. Riese was early for her appointment, fun, energetic and entertaining in her sky high heels. She had everyone done and off to take pictures in the time frame we were hoping for, and made my sister the most beautiful bride. She even covered up all the imperfections on my pizza looking face! Riese did a wonderful job and I would reccomend her to anyone needing makeup services. I almost wish I was getting married again so I could use her:)

tiffany · Married on 09/29/2010

Riese is what I like to call a make up god. Not only is she fun to work with but shes good at what she does, shes always on her toes. There has never been a time that I didnt like what she did to my make up, by slim chance you dont, it doesnt take her long to fix it. Shes fun crafty, and always ready for a challenge. Deffinatly the best in michigan.

Candace · Married on 08/28/2010

Riese is such an incredible makeup artist. She recently did my makeup for my wedding. We did a trial run through where I was able to buy some of the makeup she used so that I could do touch-ups and even use it on my honeymoon! We figured out exactly what a wanted BEFORE the big day! She came to my wedding location so that I did not have to travel on my wedding day. Not only did she travel to my location, but she was exactly on time! I was not worrying that everyone's makeup or time constraints. She had a great system, she did all my bridesmaids, my mother then my makeup so I looked fresh and beautiful right before the ceremony. She even worked well with my hair stylist and got EVERYONE done with plenty of time! She was so much fun and kept my nerves down with her awesome humor. I ABSOLUTELY would recommend her to EVERYONE!

• Marisa

Marisa · Married on 06/19/2010

Riese did not only my makeup for my wedding on June 19, 2010, but also makeup for my mum and bridesmaids. I can't say enough good things about her! She was readily available by phone (and facebook), has a wonderfully warm and infectious personality, did a FANTASTIC job, and one can tell she loves her job and is serious about her craft. She also recommended a hairdresser that worked miracles for us, too. :-) My makeup looked amazing both in person and in pictures, held up for over 12 hours, and came off super easy at the end of the night. I felt like a million bucks on my wedding day! I would recommend Riese to anyone--in fact, I already have recommended her to several friends. Thanks again, Riese!

Sent on 07/06/2010

Riese Lauriat - Professional Makeup Artist's reply:

Marissa....thank you!!!! You gals were so much fun! I'm glad you loved it and appreciate the review ;)

ashley · Married on 04/18/2010

Very professsional, fabulously talented! One of the best "beauty/makeup" experiences I've had. Riese was very patient and make the whole process relaxing and enjoyable. Would definately recommend to a friend and would use her services again!

• W

Nicole · Married on 04/18/2010

Riese is amazing. She did my makeup for a vintage photo shoot and I have never had so much fun with makeup or looked so good in my life. I will definitely use her again for any of my makeup needs. Plus she is a ton of fun! I would recommend her to anyone.

Gretchen · Married on 04/18/2010

Riese did an absolutely BEAUTIFUL job with my make up for vintage photo shoot. I do not like the feel of heavy makeup, but didn't have to worry about that with Riese. She made me look great and told me how to take care of a problem I was having with my skin. After following her advice on the issue, it has resolved. Loved the job she did for the photo shoot and will definitely return to her for future services. Thanks for the GREATjob

Rosie · Married on 02/23/2010

Riese is the best!! Riese has done my makeup quite a few times for different events that I have attended. I am very picky about my makeup as well as my hair so it is hard for me to relax while receiving those services but with Riese I trust her and I know she is going to make me look good, so I can relax during my services. Thank you Riese for always making me look beautiful!!!

Sent on 02/24/2010

Riese Lauriat - Professional Makeup Artist's reply:

Thank you ladies...You are the reason I do what I do!!!
  • Y

M. · Married on 01/01/2010

Riese does an amazing job! She is the perfect person when you want that subtle yet glamorous feel, but at the same time I'm a woman who LOVES alot of makeup and Riese is so amazing at making me not look to over done but still wild! Its fantastic and I LOVE HER!

Andrea · Married on 12/19/2009

Riese was absolutely wonderful! I do not wear makeup on a daily basis, so I was very nervous to have someone do my makeup for my wedding. Riese listened to my concerns and did an amazing job! I had a natural look for my wedding day, and it didn't even feel like I was wearing makeup...it matched so well, covered all blemishes, accented the good and hid the bad! She did the makeup for all of my bridesmaids and my mom too. It was an amazing day and Riese made it even better! On top of her great work, she is hilarious and brings a lot of fun to the day!

Sue · Married on 12/19/2009

Riese was great! She did the wedding makeup for my daughter and her bridesmaids, as well as for the brides grandmother and me, the mom! I was a little apprehensive, not ever having had makeup done before, if she would be able to capture the beauty of young face makeup to more mature face makeup. No worries with Riese. I have many age spots that I am so self conscious of and I wanted them covered up but have never been able to find makeup that will do the trick. It was no problem for Riese. She used her magic and tada we were beautiful!! I would highly recommend her for any special occasion or just anytime you are needing a lift. She is very fun and her laugh is contagious!

• .

Haley · Married on 11/18/2009

I have been through so much trouble with my face, that when it comes to makeup, I wouldnt trust anyone but Riese.

• Q

Becky · Married on 10/17/2009

Riese did my makeup for my cousins wedding. It was great just what I wanted, she listened to what I said and made me look better then the bride, who had someone else do her makeup. She is very funny and is a awsome. I have gone back to her for other events and things. I would deffinetly recomend her to do anyones makeup!

E. · Married on 10/12/2009

I love Riese, she totally and completely rocks! She made me feel and look beautiful. Riese was my make-up artist for a fashion show and I was so nervous to step out on the catwalk with all those gorgeous girls until I saw myself after she had worked her magic on me. I have never looked so great, felt so fantastic about how I looked, or had that many people tell me I was beautiful. I used my headshot for my profile pic on facebook for a while and I received countless comments exclaiming how gorgeous I was in the photo. Riese is a master at what she does and even better she has such a warm personality and manner that just conversating with her can make you feel like a million bucks with the make-up you will feel like two million!

Mikiala · Married on 10/12/2009

My name is Mikiala Lemmen and I have known Riese for quite some time! She is THE most AMAZING person! She loves what she does and does it VERY WELL!! I have worked with Riese on a few different occations. She's done everything from everyday look to 40's pin-up and everything in between!! I was in a wedding a few years back and Riese did my makeup while the rest of the wedding party went to someone else, I had the other girls and the bride Jealous of my amazing makeup!! She's taught me how to do my makeup and I can't even tell you how many compliments I've had over the years!! She really is the best!! I'm engaged and making wedding plans but one thing is for sure...I know exactly who is going to do my wedding party's makeup! She makes you comfortable, happy and beautiful! What more can a woman want? When it comes to picking a makeup artist...there is no question...RIESE!! You rock girl!!!

Jessica · Married on 09/26/2009

Riese did a great job of making every woman in my wedding party look like the most gorgeous version of themselves - her makeup looks natural and doesn't make you look like someone else. It photographed beautifully and lasted all night. Everyone in my wedding party agreed that professional makeup is a MUST. I will always go to The Powder Room for any future beauty needs!

• O

Haylea · Married on 05/05/2009

Riese did the make-up for a fashion show I was doing...and SHE WAS AMAZING!!!! I had around 40 models, and they were all representing a different fashion icon through the eras...very challenging work and she absolutely nailed it!!! I will always look to Riese for any make-up needs I have, she puts you at ease because she is "grace under pressure"...plus she is charming and has a fabulous sense of humor! She is a true artist!

Jammi · Married on 01/03/2009

Riese did my makeup for an event around the holidays and did an amazing job! I would recommend her services to anyone looking for a quality make-up artist. JB

Nicole · Married on 09/24/2005

My name is Nicole Ostrowski and Riese Hinds did my makeup for my wedding. I have never really had anyone do my makeup before so you can guess that I was a little nervous, especially for such an important occasion. Once I sat in Riese's chair I felt completely at ease and knew she would take great care of me. She took the time to really listen to what I wanted for my big day and was also very willing to give me suggestions. Riese knew what was going to look good in my pictures and she did a beautiful job. Every time I look at the photos of that day I am so glad that I decided to have her be such an important part of the process. I firmly believe that Riese works wonders with makeup because mine lasted all day and night, which has never happened! Thanks again for making my wedding extra special and making me feel so beautiful.

• O

Barbara · Married on 01/27/1973

Riese rocks! Bringing the Hawaiian spiritual powers of the kahuna lomilomi (a healer who uses massage) into the salon, Riese transformed this worn-out old hippie to a serene and sophisticated woman of a certain age. Riese understands the concerns of women like me who want to look "natural but glamorous" and she can do just that.
    Versatility is Riese's middle name, as she switches from "fix the mom" to "rocking the wedding" ... from the simple backyard celebration to the black-tie affairs, Riese will bring out your inner beauty and make your wedding more memorable.
    P.S.: You might consider a post-wedding date with Riese as a gift for your attendants (or the mothers of the bride and groom); shower gifts for the couple who has everything; or first anniversary gifts. Believe me, an hour with Riese is much more memorable than another place setting!