Rick Messina Photography Reviews

18 Reviews for Rick Messina Photography

• Tara

Tara · Married on 10/27/2018

Full of Heart

After just 10min of chatting with Rick and Melanie, we knew they were the ones. Not only do they provide above and beyond quality of work, but their easy going, attentive and bright personalities will instantly win you over. They were incredibly organized and asked detailed questions to ensure our vision was brought to life. Our engagement shoot was such a fun and easy experience! Kissing and being cuddly out in the middle of the Nelson can be uncomfortable for a lot of people but Rick and Melanie made it a very comfortable experience. Creating the wedding day timeline was such a blessing because they help take the chaos of the day and organize into a manageable, easy to follow schedule. They were the heart of our big day. We felt completely at ease and trusted their instincts. Both of our families loved working with them and the fact they took the time to learn everyone's names is a testament to how much they care. We have been head over heels in love with our photos and cannot believe they were able to capture so many beautiful, intimate moments! You will absolutely love working with Rick and Melanie. Follow their Instagram to see their stunning work!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Claudia · Married on 12/11/2015

Rick and Melanie are the absolute best!!! My husband and I are beyond thrilled with the amazing photos these two talented photographers took at our wedding! Rick and Melanie were great to work with and made us, our guests and our families feel completely at ease. They were able to capture all the emotions of the day and every single time we look at the photos of our wedding day, we are able to feel all those emotions once again. I cannot praise them and their work enough!

Rick Messina Photography's reply:

Thanks Claudia! We felt like part of your families for the day:)

Diana · Married on 11/27/2015

Best Photographers! My husband knew the couple before and he kept saying how great they were. I love photography it was very important for me to pick a photographer that had the same eye as I would when looking at my wedding photos. ONCE I FOLLOWED RICK ON SOCIAL MEDIA I FELL IN LOVE with their work! !!

Rick Messina Photography's reply:

Thanks Diana!! You and Victor are awesome. We're so glad we got to be a part of your day!

Melissa · Married on 10/17/2015

Rick and Melanie work closely with the clients to make sure they are pleased with the results of their work. It was a pleasure working with them. Our Wedding photos are amazingly beautiful and very professional. Rick and Melanie are very respectful and pleasant to work with.

Sent on 02/14/2016

Rick Messina Photography's reply:

Thanks Melissa! We loved being with you and Danny!

Danielle · Married on 10/09/2015

Rick and Melanie were awesome to work with! Very accommodating, professional, and laid back. We didn't want too many posed pictures, I like more of the natural and candid shots and they were able to pull that off. Very easy to work with and the photos were done relatively quick compared to some other brides I had spoken with.

Sent on 12/12/2015

rachel · Married on 09/20/2015

We can not say enough wonderful things about Rick Messina Photography! Not only did they take the most amazing, beautiful photos, but they are amazing and beautiful people as well.

If you do not choose Rick Messina Photography to capture your wedding day you are truly missing out on a wonderful all around experience. A++ in my book.

Erica · Married on 09/12/2015

Rick and Melanie are both extremely talented and incredible to work with. We booked them for our wedding and decided to do an engagement shoot as an opportunity to get some photos of ourselves and to get to know the photographers. Right off the bat, they were professional and accommodating. We already had some basic ideas and locations for the photos to be taken and they made our ideas into a fairy tale and did an excellent job telling our story. We got so many compliments on our Save the Dates. Leading up to the day of the wedding, they both made sure we listed the shots we wanted to get as well as the list of family members, etc. we wanted photos with. The day of the wedding, they did a spectacular job capturing all of the details, candid and posed moments in a natural, creative way that was laid out like a documentary. We truly had so much fun with them and cannot thank them enough for giving us wedding photos that we will re-live and cherish for a lifetime. I highly recommend Rick Messina Photography for your engagement and/or wedding photography :)

Sent on 09/30/2015

Gillian · Married on 09/05/2015

Rick and Melanie completely put us at ease. They listened to all of requests and helped us plan out the day so we were able to maximize time with family and friends. They captured so many sweet details of the day and the deep heartfelt emotions radiated through the photos. They allowed us to enjoy our day without being stressed and were an amazing team to work with. I feel so lucky to have found them! I highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/19/2016
  • W

wendy · Married on 06/14/2015

I had months looking for a photographer. I had a specific look I was going for and was delighted when I came across Rick & Melanie. They we’re amazing. They were a pleasure to work with and be around. My family loved how they worked. They were super professional and accommodating. I loved how attentive they were to their surroundings. They caught so many amazing candid’s that everyone was left asking but when did they take the picture. Def not an in your face kind of photographer. Loved the pictures. So beautiful with a vintage touch… even better than I expected. You can see the story through the photos no need for vids. That’s exactly what I wanted. I got snippets on IG that very night. Couldn’t ask for better service. We rec’d our photos in the exact time promised no fuss. I know I’m looking forward to using them in the near future. Would I recommend them?! For sure sweetest couple ever.

Rick Messina Photography's reply:

Thanks Wendy!! You two were amazing to work with:)

Jules · Married on 05/30/2015

Rick & Melanie were a pleasure to have as our photographers, it was like they were family! We had also done an engagement shoot in Central Park the year prior and after enjoying spending the afternoon with them we knew we wouldn't want anyone else to capture our special day. They are both extremely professional while making the experience fun and comfortable. Most of my favorite candids are from laughing at Melanie's jokes or Rick's quick whit. We would absolutely recommend them to our friends and family looking for a photographer.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Rick Messina Photography's reply:

Thx Jules!! It was as much fun for us:)

Karina · Married on 01/04/2015

We absolutely loved having Rick Messina as our photographer. Rick and Melanie do such great work and really have an eye for capturing perfect moments.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Rick Messina Photography's reply:

Thanks Karina! We loved working with you and Marc and getting to know your families. It was an absolute pleasure!

Awesome couple! They're personable and creative. They ask questions during the planning process to ensure that you're completely satisfied. They also provide great suggestions and tips throughout the process. I couldn't be happier with my photos. They're stunning!

Sent on 02/19/2016

Stacye · Married on 03/28/2014

When Jeff and I were looking for photographers for our wedding day, all of them were expensive and we didn't like the quality of pictures. Then we met Rick Messina Photography and it was just what we're looking for, it was a true blessing! They are not only honest, sweet individuals but very professional. Our wedding pictures came out amazing! When I saw them, I had tears in my eyes because it was a special day for us that Rick and his team captured it. My husband and I are so happy we chose them and we would recommend Rick Messina Photography to everyone. You won't regret it!

Sent on 02/28/2016

Communicate all the poses and moments you want captured. It will make the photographer's job easier and you'll get all the pictures you've wanted.

Clari · Married on 10/24/2014

I cannot even begin to tell you how Rick and Melanie made our day so special, they captured every moment they could from beginning to end. They are so professional in there work. They created our wedding so memorable , every time we open our wedding we were so pleased to have chosen them. Thank you Rick and Melanie Messina. We will be using guys again.

barbara · Married on 03/13/2016

Rick and Melanie are excellent, they are friendly, professional, efficient and take the most amazing photos. I can't say enough good things about them. I explained the look and feel I wanted for my photos and they definitely delivered, The prices are so reasonable for the quality of the photos. I would recommend them for any wedding.

Sent on 04/07/2016

Michael · Married on 04/11/2010

4.2
      3.5

Mr. Messina is truly professional. He knows how to light any situation and has the ability to turn his subjects into artwork. It has always been a pleasure to work with his company.

Sent on 07/25/2016

liz · Married on 08/09/2015

0.6
      0.0
      1.0
      1.0
      0.5
      0.5

DO NOT USE. We met with them months before our wedding, we liked their portfolio and we liked them. They were a seemingly nice husband and wife team, he's the camera, she's the boss. Engagement photos were not included in the package, so we paid $300 dollars for the session. We did the photo session 4 months before our wedding. We were not thrilled about the pictures...they looked nothing like the ones we had seen on the sight. We were going to stick with them and just speak to him about this, when they BAILED ON US 2 MONTHS BEFORE OUR WEDDING. Yep, you heard me right. They bailed. Said they had some opportunity that they had to take. They tried to push us off on their friends (some other photographer). At this point, we just wanted our money back. They did refund the deposit, but would not give us a cent back from the Engagement shoot because "they performed the service." Yeah, the service of taking pictures of us as a sample for our wedding, which they backed out of doing.

These people are terribly unprofessional. We were so angry about the time and money we lost with them. Definitely do not use.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Rick Messina Photography's reply:

Liz and Robert are a great couple and we continually wish them the best. When a situation came up beyond our control that required us to be out of the state we tried to compensate them beyond what was expected of us. We also had secured for them alternative photographers who reflect our style and approach. We do our utmost to provide the highest quality and professionalism to each and every client. We would be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns regarding this situation. Pls. feel free to reach out to us at any time.