Richmond Bridal Consulting Reviews

63 | Richmond, VA

63 Reviews for Richmond Bridal Consulting

Chryseis · Married on 04/16/2016

My experience working with Emmett Hickam and Richmond Bridal Consulting was simply phenomenal. I never would have guessed he could do so much with just a simple concept of elegant but with a party atmosphere and just wanting everyone to have fun, but he did. He also introduced me to the most wonderful vendors, who excelled at everything that they did for me. There was never any stress, he kept me calm, focused, on task, and honestly, without his excellent assistance there is no way my wedding would have looked even close to the end result that he was able to achieve. He and the team he worked so hard with were able to create something that was simply magical and that my husband and I will never forget, but will always appreciate. We highly recommend using Richmond Bridal Consulting for your wedding planning needs.

Sent on 05/08/2016

Richmond Bridal Consulting's reply:

Chrys, what can I say...I LOVED working with you. You had me laughing all the time. Your day was amazing, you are amazing, and I will miss you. You better bring me that cheesecake at Christmas :) Keep in tough missy!

Alison · Married on 04/09/2016

Emmett was absolutely amazing! We hired him only a few months before our wedding day to help us tie up loose ends and be there to facilitate on the day of. I only wish we had hired him sooner. He thought of EVERYTHING and made our day stress free.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Richmond Bridal Consulting's reply:

Thank you for hiring us Alison! We loved working with you too !

Mallory · Married on 03/26/2016

We intitally we not planning on hiring a wedding planner, but I had received an email from Richmond Bridal Consulting. I decided to email back and forth and finally went in for a meeting with Emmett. He promised us a stress free wedding and promised to help keep us on budget. Wig saying this, my fiancé, now husband, said that we were going to hire him. Emmett has done everything he promised us and more! I would highly, highly recommend hiring Emmett to help you plan your perfect day. He is really amazing and his assistant Kyle is so sweet as well. He carries hair pins in his hair to help us girls with our random flying hairs. I do not have enough nice things to say about Emmett and Kyle. Seriously folks, he is worth everything. We seriously had the most perfect wedding that anybody could ever ask for! Seriously, please use Emmett.

Sent on 04/10/2016

Richmond Bridal Consulting's reply:

Mallory, your wedding was beautiful. You made my job easy. Thank you for the kind words and I will miss you. Keep in touch.

Kate · Married on 03/12/2016

My husband and I had a wonderful time working with Richmond Bridal Consulting. It was one of the best wedding-related decisions we made. Planning an event like a wedding is a huge job, one with which I had very limited experience. Because of Emmett, the planning was painless and our event was amazing, better than we ever could have imagined! His professionalism and warmth kept the process from being stressful and overwhelming. And his recommendations (both vendor and vision related) were spot-on. On our actual wedding day, Emmett kept everything running smoothly, putting us first and ensuring we got to just enjoy the day towards which we had all been working. I can honestly say that it was perfect, and Emmett is one of the main reasons I can say that. Do yourself a favor and hire him!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Jackie · Married on 12/19/2015

Working with Emmett was so wonderful. While planning my wedding my schedule was very crazy. He worked very hard to keep track of everything for me and reminding me of what steps I should do next. He had creative ideas to make my days special and unique and helped me envision what I would want on my wedding day. Because my schedule was so crazy, he was great about meeting me outside of normal business hours or talking on the phone. I'm so glad I used Richmond Bridal Consulting to help plan my wedding.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Lynn · Married on 10/17/2015

When my daughter became engaged in 2014 and began planning her wedding I knew we would need someone to help her see her vision come to life. I did a Google Search on Wedding Planners in the Richmond area and one of the searches took me to Richmond Bridal Consulting. I contacted Emmett Hickam who immediately returned my call and the fun began!! The ceremony was to be held at the Edgar Allan Poe Museum Enchanted Garden with reception at Brandermill Country club. I will admit that the vision my daughter had was different than mine but with Emmett's help and encouragement he made it happen. He knew exactly what she had in mind. When she and I saw the room at Brandermill it brought her to tears. It was more than she had hoped for in everyway. It was stunning, elegant yet fun as well. He worked closely with the other vendors to make sure that Rachael got everything she wanted. Emmett was awesome to work with. Professional yet easy going. He attended to all the details and helped keep everyone focused. He was always a positive influence and kept us calm in what could be a very stressful time. He listened to what Rachael and Devin had to say but always gave his opinions and suggestions. At the rehearsal and wedding he was "Here, There and Everywhere" (the song Rachael walked down the Aisle to) taking care of details not even thought of by me. Our meetings with Emmett were well scheduled and productive as well as fun. The one thing that my daughter said the week before the wedding was how sad she was because "now we have no more meetings or talks with Emmett". Bottom line..if you want your wedding to be everything you wish for Richmond Bridal Consulting and Emmett Hickam will not disappoint. Best Google Search I ever did! Lynn Hannah

Sent on 10/29/2015

Elias · Married on 10/11/2015

For anyone who thinks they don't need a wedding planner, I would highly disagree. Emmett was amazing. our wedding was just incredible. He was very professional, always easy to reach, and he took the time to get to know me and my wife to make sure what we wanted was really what we wanted. The day of he made sure that me and my wife had something to eat and drink. His assistant Kyle was there day of wth a fan to make sure she wasn't too hot. It was just an awesome day and they both did an amazing job. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Allison · Married on 10/10/2015

We wanted someone who knew the business but was direct and to the point. We're both busy and we wanted a planner who could give us quick and correct answers and help us make decisions by eliminating some of the overwhelmingly large selection of options with certain decisions. Emmett was just what we were looking for to help us plan our wedding day. We used his services for partial planning help and he was extremely responsive and available to us. We met with him several times in person including a site visit where he totally reorganized our plans for the better! He has strong vendor connections and helped coordinate some of the big efforts with them. With his help we were able to pull off our perfect vision in just four months. We couldn't have done it without him and as an additional benefit he is a fun guy to work alongside.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Emmett and his team were fantastic. I got married in October, the weekend of hurricane Joaquin, and my wedding had to be moved from an outdoor venue to somewhere inside within 72 hours of the wedding. Emmett made countless phone calls and emails to all of my vendors to smooth the transition and make sure we had everything we needed to pull off the event in a completely different venue and still stay within our budget. He responded to all of my calls and emails along the way with solid advice and great recommendations. His relationships with vendors were extremely helpful and allowed flexibility during the planning process. Finally, Emmett's day-of coordination was great. I had multiple guests comment on how smoothly the night progressed. His team kept us on schedule, made sure we enjoyed our dinners, and even had bobby pins to fix my hair at the end of the night. I never had to worry about anything. Emmett was awesome to work with, detail-oriented, and a true professional - I highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/19/2015

It's hard to put into words how wonderful Emmett and his team at Richmond Bridal Consulting are. We started out with a different planner that was a nightmare. My mom contacted Emmett and he had one spot open left in September, which luckily was my wedding day. He went above and beyond in every aspect of the planning process. He has a wonderful relationship with all vendors and made the planning process run smoothly. He kept me on track because I tend to be a last minute crunch time person, but you can't really be like that when planning a wedding! He always immediately answered my phone calls, emails and my questions whenever I needed him. Emmett is a special person who really cares about his clients and I am happy to now have him as a friend. My wedding was beautiful and the day of had a few problems and he took care of them without hesitation. I had an issue with the boutonnieres and before I knew it, new ones had been delivered. Our organist failed to show at the church and I was going to have no music and he made it happen (3 iPhones and a PA system later) within 15 minutes and we were still on time. No one even knew. You would be lucky to have Emmett as your planner! I cannot say enough good things about him. If you are looking for the best planner in the Richmond area, SAY YES TO EMMETT!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Richmond Bridal Consulting's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren! We were honored to be a part of you and Morgan's big day. You guys were a true pleasure to work with. I really feel like your parents and well as you and Morgan have made me a part of your family. I can't not say enough about the experience with y'all. Thank you for being a client and friend.

Dianne · Married on 08/29/2015

My daughter and I met Emmett at a bridal fair in Richmond and after talking to several wedding planners, we hired him on the spot. For the next 8 months, Emmett was our "rock". He knows weddings, he knows vendors, and he knows how to stay in budget! Via email, phone, or text, he was always available to answer questions and help with decision making. On our wedding day, he was the first to arrive and the last to leave. He worked the entire wedding making sure that every detail was taken care of and ensured my daughter's wedding was beautiful and ran smoothly. My daughter's only complaint was that we did not hire Emmett sooner! We loved working with him. So professional and so good! I have another daughter that will probably be heading to the altar in a few years. I will definitely be calling Emmett Hickam at Richmond Bridal Consulting to help us again. Thanks, Emmett, you made our day wonderful!!

Sent on 09/05/2015

LATASHA · Married on 08/01/2015

Where do I begin.....I'll start with ....OMG!!! My wedding day was so Amazing!!!!! We had so many things going on behind the scene that none of my guest even knew about because Emmett Hickman (my Consultant/Coordinator) took care of immediately. My mind was truly at ease during Our Wedding Day. .From start to finish no detail was left untouched by Richmond Bridal Consultants. More importantly the professionalism and personal touch added by Richmond Bridal Consultants was well received by all in attendance. I would highly recommend this Wedding Even Planner for future events. A truly Amazing Day and I’m so happy I made the choice to have Richmond Bridal Consultants as my Wedding Day coordinator.
    Thank you so much for allowing me to enjoy my day
    #The Anderson’s

Sent on 08/12/2015

Emmett Hickam of Richmond Bridal Consulting completely blew me away with how great of a job he did coordinating my wedding! He is attentive, he listens to what you want and takes into consideration the budget you are working within. He most impressed me on the day of my wedding, he remembered little things that I would not.. For example, lining everyone up for the entrance and folding my Dad's handkerchief (that my Dad almost forgot) and making sure I was not stressed at all!

Throughout the process of working with him (about 7 months) he listened to the vision that I wanted and helped me and my husband with making decisions to capture that. He also gave us "homework" and concrete tasks to complete by a deadline. I really liked that Emmett assigned us these things, it helped a lot with keeping us organized and not forgetting about any details.

Emmett Hickam is truly a professional in this industry and it showed on June 6th, 2015! I could not have asked for a better helper, guide, stress reliever and of course, wedding coordinator by my side, on the big day!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Richmond Bridal Consulting's reply:

You guys made it easy, I can't wait to see the pics. It was beautiful and one I will remember for a long time. Thank you!

Kimberly · Married on 05/09/2015

The decision to hire Emmett Hickam with Richmond Bridal Consulting was easily one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process. During the months leading up to the big day, multiple people told me that they were worried because ‘I didn't seem stressed enough to be a bride’ and my response was always the same; I wasn’t stressed because I had Emmett! Emmett is professional, reliable, honest, creative and incredibly talented. He took my fragmented ideas and turned them into tangible concepts that were easily and beautifully executed. He was always exceedingly efficient and never wasted any of my time. He was also incredibly responsive and would answer texts in mere minutes! When the big day arrived, Emmett anticipated any and all of our needs and took care of everything. He truly went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding was perfect. I honestly can’t imagine planning a wedding without him and don’t know why anyone would!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Richmond Bridal Consulting's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. You guys were so easy and fun to work with. I will miss chatting with you.

Emmett is great! Very professional but also very friendly. He is always available by phone and very quick to respond by email. He was extremely helpful during wedding planning and my wedding day. He is very detail oriented and made sure every part of my wedding was perfect. The day went very smoothly thanks to Emmett!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Emmett is awesome and very professional. I had trouble setting up a time to meet with him due to our busy schedule before the wedding but he was flexible and able to help us out when we needed it. He was also very knowledgeable about all things weddings and gave us good suggestions. My sister did not help me into my dress correctly and it was uncomfortable during the ceremony in a different location. As soon as we saw Emmett at the reception he helped fix it very fast.

Sent on 04/29/2015

Debbie · Married on 02/28/2015

We out together a wedding in 6 weeks and could not have done it without Emmett! He was worth every penny!!!!!

Sent on 03/01/2015

I originally contacted Emmett due to his wonderful reviews on theknot.com, and I couldn't be happier that I did. From the very beginning I knew that he was exactly what I needed for my Valentine's Day wedding. He was organized, professional, well-connected, and above all friendly and personable. And amazingly, he was also affordable! He did much more than a day-of planner usually does, offering suggestions for vendors (including an amazing and budget-friendly videographer), meeting frequently, and always being available through email/phone/text. On the day of my wedding, some things didn't go as I expected (due to a vendor that I chose on my own), as is the case for most weddings. However, Emmett immediately stepped in to offer not just suggestions to fix the situations, but also to offer a kind word and a little perspective. It was amazing to be able to relax on my day and leave the details to someone that is so capable. I would recommend Emmett to anyone and everyone planning an event.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Debbie · Married on 12/06/2014

We hired Emmett for both the ceremony and reception, and we could not have been more pleased with him. He is willing to be a hand holder throughout all of the major decisions. Due to his expertise, I trusted his advice for just about everything I had questions on. Emmett takes his job very seriously, and you can tell he enjoys every second of it. He took such good care of us on our wedding day, and we'd have been lost without him. He made sure that we stuck to all of our timelines, that we ate a full meal at our reception, that we never had an empty drink, and we can honestly say that nothing went wrong on our wedding day. We had many friends impressed with his attentiveness, and they were wishing that he had been their on their wedding days. He took much of the stress out of the wedding day, which left us to just enjoy ourselves. We couldn't have done it without his help. I would highly recommend his services...I believe it is a small price to pay for peace of mind on your wedding day.

Sent on 02/12/2015
  • Eryn

Eryn · Married on 11/15/2014

When planning a wedding, there are so many different choices - one of the very best decisions that I made was to hire Richmond Bridal Consulting to coordinate my wedding day. As soon as I met Emmett, I knew that we would make a great team. He is creative, honest, and so caring.

Above all else, Emmett is a true professional with plenty of solid experience in the business. He is not your “friend of a friend” who coordinates 1-2 weddings per year in their spare time. Emmett works many, many events and has a lot of connections and contacts which will prove INVALUABLE in planning your day.

Emmett was always accessible by phone/e-mail/text. Whenever we met, I always felt like I was his important bride and that our wedding was his top priority - even though I knew that our wedding was one of many that he coordinated this year.

Emmett let me know at the very beginning of our working relationship that he would be unable to coordinate the day of our event and would be sending an associate in his place. At first, I wondered how on earth I could put my trust in someone besides Emmett but then I met the wonderful Monica! She managed each aspect of our day with grace and aplomb. As the bride, I did not need to sweat the small stuff because I knew that Monica had everything under control.

It may be tempting to forgo hiring a professional coordinator in favor of allocating money in your wedding budget elsewhere. My advice - write the check. Ensure that a professional is coordinating this very important day to you, your fiance, and your families. Most importantly choose someone you can trust - Richmond Bridal Consulting is the best!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Laura · Married on 11/15/2014

Emmett with Richmond Bridal consulting was a dream to work with! He helped us stay organized and a handled all of the vendors at the reception so that we wouldn't have to worry. He honestly was a God send!

Sent on 01/01/2015

KGM · Married on 10/31/2014

The most amazing wedding planner you could ever dream of, shout out to Emmett! This man just exudes confidence, he knows exactly what he is doing, it's magical. I gave him my vision and not only did he bring it to life, he exalted it! Every single detail, he blew it up, made everything bigger and better than I ever could have imagined. I felt like I was working with a friend, he was just as excited for the big day as me, he was part of our event. The entire process was special and personal. I truly felt like a queen dealing with Emmett, he granted my every wish and made every single step simple and easy. I barely lifted a finger! He was consistently available for me at all times, all it took was a simple call, email, even text!! It was literally “ask and you shall receive”. I didn’t have to make calls or shop around for vendors, wasting my time and getting frustrated. You need invitations? Go here. Flowers? I’m calling this place, they’re the best. Accommodations for guests? Let me set that up for you. The ease and reliance in which he executed everything was simply flawless.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Cat · Married on 10/19/2014

Richmond Bridal Consulting is the absolute best in the RVA area. As a long distance bride trying to plan a wedding all on my own from 3000 miles a way I, unknowingly, hired someone else first. When that person turned out to be a disaster my Maid of Honor found RBC and Emmett. She called him 5 days before my wedding to see if he could help with the rehearsal and the day of coordination of the wedding. He was so responsive and willing to help (luckily my wedding was on a Sunday, so he was able to help! even though he had a full weekend of other weddings!). I spoke to him and he immediately put me at ease. We agreed to meet to discuss details and after a couple of hours I felt 1000 times better about my wedding. He is a true pro and knew how to take my vision and all the work I had put in and just make it even better, more seamless, and so much easier for me. Not to mention he knows just about EVERYONE in Richmond and Charlottesville who do anything for weddings. He even made arrangements to be able to help with the rehearsal! Richmond Bridal Consulting saved my wedding and my day went off without a hitch - he even had to help assemble things that someone else bailed on the day of and did so without a complaint or an ill word! Our day was absolutely magical and more than we ever could have imagined and I owe so much of that to Emmett and Richmond Bridal Consulting. He has such a great eye, is thoughtful, detailed, organized, and kept checking with us as the night went on but he never interrupted anything and just let us enjoy our night. I could go on and on but I can't thank him enough for all he did. He saved the day and all of my family and friends could NOT stop raving about him! So thank you so much Richmond Bridal Consulting!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Kimberly · Married on 10/04/2014

I cannot say enough positive things about Emmett at Richmond Bridal Consulting! We were lucky that his services were complimentary with having our reception at The Renaissance, but we could quickly see how talented, valuable, and professional he was so we hired him as our day of coordinator. It was one of the best decisions we made for our entire wedding. He was able to give honest, professional feedback, and I knew I could always trust him to respond promptly to any questions I had. With him coordinating our day, we were able to leave all of our worries behind and truly enjoy all of the treasured moments from our day.

Sent on 10/18/2014

RYAN · Married on 09/27/2014

I wish I could give 10 stars. As any bride knows, wedding planning can be very stressful. I can honestly say, I could not have done it without Emmett. He pointed us in all the right directions for vendors, dealt with all of them, and kept us under our budget. He was always there to alleviate any questions or problems that came our way. One of the things I loved the most about him is that he's not afraid to tell you if something won't work. He's full of suggestions and will find a way to make your wedding a dream come true. Our wedding day was absolutely AMAZING! He was there the entire day dealing with vendors and making sure everything was perfect and in place. He was so calm and had everything under control. All we had to do was just sit back, relax, and enjoy the day. He even fixed our plates for us. I cannot say enough great things about Emmett and his company. If you hire him, I promise, you will not be disappointed. Instead of stressing, you'll actually be able to enjoy your special day. He's worth it! I miss him already :-)

Sent on 10/09/2014