Modern Green Goddess Reviews

Modern Green Goddess 5
Modern Green Goddess 6
Modern Green Goddess 7

Gina · Married on 08/20/2011

Ky was so sweet and easygoing. She made me feel super comfortable and gorgeous on my wedding day!!! The look I requested was a copied exactly. She was on time and professional. I would highly recommend Ky to anyone getting married.

Sent on 10/20/2011
  • Lizabeth

Lizabeth · Married on 08/20/2011

Ky (owner of Richie Hair & Makeup) was fantastic. While she does both Hair and Makeup, I hired her only for hair since a friend of mine also did makeup. Ky worked very well with my Makeup artist as well. There was a great transition between the two of them on the wedding day; until my entire party was glammed out! But to back up a moment, I had a great hair trial with Ky. She provided a full consultation and let me know how to treat my hair prior to the wedding. I told her that I would like extensions as well and since it was my very first time with extensions, she made herself available to assist with that as well (which was very helpful). I was confident that she would do a great job at the wedding. The wedding came and of course, I decide last minute to change my (the bride's) hairstyle. However, Ky didn't even skip a beat. The new design was flawlessly executed (gorgeous!!!!), as were the styles of the flower girl and the 6 other attendants. Ky is extremely talented! She is professional and she loves what she does. It shows in her work! Finally, her rates are comparable in the industry. I would hire her again in the future; all I need is the next event!

Sent on 12/09/2011

shannon · Married on 07/23/2011

Ky did an amazing job with my hair! She understood exactly what I wanted and was a fantastic person to have around on my wedding day! My bridesmaids all loved her and their hairstyles!!!

Sent on 10/19/2011

Annie · Married on 06/10/2011

Ky's special touches were the icing on the cake. She made my wedding a better experience by being understanding and helping me calm my pre-wedding jitters. Her attention to detail is amazing

Sent on 10/20/2011
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 08/27/2010

Ky was wonderful. The day of the wedding so did myself and 3 of my bridesmaids. I have to say, she transformed me and the girls. My hair and makeup was gorgeous and I couldn't have asked her to do a better job. She strives to make sure that you love your look and she never rushed to get done. I will certainly use her again if I need my hair and makeup done for anything.

Sent on 09/21/2010
  • Felecia

Felecia · Married on 03/20/2010

Richie Makeup was wonderful!!! She took the time to make sure every detail was perfect for my wedding! She even gave me tips on how to look my best throughout my wedding day! I would definitely use Richie Makeup again!! Thanks for everything!!

Sent on 04/06/2010

Benita · Married on 08/08/2009

Ky did an amazing job. I liked her professionalism and creative ideas. She ensured that she listened and found a style that worked for me. On the wedding day my style held up all day and looked superb.

Sent on 08/29/2009

Megan · Married on 07/25/2009

Ky was awesome! She made me look so beautiful on my wedding day:)

Sent on 08/11/2009

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2009

Ky was great! She was funny and made me and my bridesmaids look fabulous on my wedding day. She did one test run with me, another run for my bridal portraits, and then the actual day. She was great! After seeing my bridal portraits I decided I wanted a softer look, and she was able to make it happen. My pictures from my wedding day turned out great! My maid of honor was being so picky about her hair. She came unprepared with no pictures or any idea of what she wanted. Ky was very professional and offered some ideas. I got married outside on a summer evening. Ky offered suggestions for my bridesmaids that would allow for a nice look that would hold the summer humidity. Both my mom and mother in law have short hair, but she was able to style their hair and still make them look elegant for the big day. She was able to work with all hair types, long, short, curly, wavy, etc. I was very satisfied with her work and would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 11/30/2009

Jackie · Married on 01/31/2009

As a wedding planner, I had worked with Ky on quite a few of my other weddings. I had seen, first hand, the works of art that she can create with someone's hair. Honestly, it is almost like she is molding clay once she gets an idea of the hairstyle. As a non-traditional bride, I knew that Ky was the PERFECT choice for my wedding day hair style. I gave her a picture and asked her to duplicate it. Instead, she deconstructed the hairstyle, used the main aspects that I like and made it BETTER by adding touches which complimented my personality. Wedding photos are something that are only take once, are shared throughout generations and last a lifetime!! I am beyond thrilled with the way my hair turned out and couldn't have asked for more!!!

Sent on 02/12/2009
  • BeccaC

becca · Married on 09/13/2008

I'm so glad I went with Ky. She is fun, sweet, and most importantly incredibly talented! Ky and her assistant made me, my seven bridesmaids, my junior bridesmaid, and my mom look like superstars. I absolutely recommend Ky to anyone.

Sent on 10/06/2008

Raquel · Married on 06/21/2008

Thank you for the awesome work that you did on my wedding party, my daughters, my mom and me. We looked absolutely amazing thanks to you.

Sent on 07/02/2008

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2008

Ky was wonderful! Very helpful at the trial, and she truly outdid herself the day of the wedding! Everyone said how great my makeup was and how beautifully done/yet not overdone it looked. I would recommend Ky in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/02/2008

Cindy · Married on 10/07/2007

Ky was excellent on my wedding day, she was very professional and quite lovely at helping me stay calm, she worked quickly and effectively on my bridesmaids hair as well as my hair. She was very helpful at choosing my wedding hair during the trial.

Sent on 03/20/2008

Radhika · Married on 08/18/2007

Having taken the Bar Exam one month before getting married I was in a bind, unsure if any stylists would be available, let alone good ones. I called on Ky a week and a half before my wedding. All I had to do was describe what I wanted and show her my veil - Ky worked her magic and it came out beautiful. I was so relieved - Ky saved me from the age old plague of having to test an unending number of stylists before finally compromising. On top of being amazingly talented and just all-around enjoyable, Ky was extremely professional. Ky drove into the city and showed up at 6 in the morning to squeeze us in before a wedding she had planned months before. She did my bridesmaids' hair without even a trial and they were all so beautiful and happy. More importantly, she did my mother-in-law, who was also quite beautiful and pleased. All this without ever seeing or speaking with any of them before. Ky truly made my wedding day special - I know it could not have been as beautiful with any other stylist and I know that when I receive compliments, they are real and honest because we all looked so beautiful

Sent on 03/19/2008

Elise · Married on 12/22/2013

Ky did my makeup for my wedding through Bridal Artistry. She was very easy to work with during my trial and on my wedding day. Ky did a fabulous job on my wedding day and really listened to what I wanted. I looked awesome. I took off half a star because Ky was late for my makeup both times I met her (trial and wedding day). I had already read that Ky ran late in other people's reviews so I left plenty of buffer time, and it didn't bother me.

Sent on 01/05/2014

Shayla · Married on 10/20/2012

From the moment that I had my first consultation with Ky, I immediately felt at ease. She has the warmest personality and it felt like we were two friends that had known each other for years. I brought a picture of my ideal wedding hairstyle, which she easily duplicated. I decided to change my style prior to the wedding and sent Ky a few pictures via email. I have to admit that I was nervous about not having another practice run prior to the wedding, but she NAILED it! Ky also did hair for my mother and future sister-in-law -she patiently listened to their vision and flawlessly executed. So many wedding guests complemented all three of us on our hairstyles. I would not hesitate to recommend Ky to anyone!

Sent on 01/25/2013

Ky did a very nice job on my hair and my daughter's hair for my son's wedding. She was easy to reach by phone and willing to do whatever we wanted. She was very nice to work with.

Sent on 11/19/2012
  • Sherlene

Sherlene · Married on 05/01/2010

Ky did my hair and makeup for my wedding. She made me look stunning. I was a little worried after the trial but Ky was always there to calm my nerves and offer suggestions.
    She has a great personality and is very reliable. I would definitely use her again if I had to do it all over.

Sent on 05/03/2010

I worked with Ky she was wonderful! Did my makeup and as well as that of the mother of the groom and bride. She was prompt professional put us all at ease and listened to feedback about how we each wanted to look for the wedding. We are a blended race couple and she had makeup that matched each tone deep black skin to fair white flawlessly. I will definitely use her again for any event I have!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/17/2014

Fantastic service. On schedule and everyone looked fantastic!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Ky did a great job with my hair for my wedding! We tried 3 different styles a few weeks before the wedding. She also makes her own hair accessories which I purchased. She had it dyed to match my dress too. The hair style and the accessory together really went well with my lace wedding dress.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Ky did a fabulous job on hair for my wedding party, as well as for me! Everyone was ecstatic about how amazing she made them look :) Even our moms, who do not usually like to be photographed, began striking a pose for the camera! They felt like celebrities!

The price is very high, but I checked around the DC area, and it is definitely comparable. Also, worth it for a sure-thing on your big day!

Sent on 12/10/2013
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 02/17/2012

Ky was great! She arrived early on my wedding day and did a fantastic job doing hair for myself and my entire wedding party. She was wonderful with children (I had 5 kids in my wedding) -- doing extra special things for the small girls to make them feel special. Highly recommend.

Sent on 02/19/2012
  • myrna

myrna · Married on 09/17/2011

Ky was amazing in helping me trouble shoot alternatives to extensions for my desired updo hair style. I cannot tell you how skilled she is-we went from concept to two possible styles. I was in awe of her work and she did a GREAT job. I felt my look was complete and I got lots of compliments. THANK YOU!! Run don't walk to book your style with Ky. You won't regret it.

Sent on 10/19/2011