Modern Green Goddess Reviews

Modern Green Goddess 5
Modern Green Goddess 6
Modern Green Goddess 7

Vanessa · Married on 02/14/2015

Hair and makeup are such important services to get right on your wedding day, and Ky did not disappoint. The team worked tirelessly to perfect hair, makeup, and fake lash application on site for myself, 12 bridesmaids, and our moms/grandmas. I was able to do a pre-trial about two months out, and Ky worked with me for an hour or more to test what worked and what didn't, and took meticulous notes and lots of photos to make sure this guide could be referenced on the big day to take the guess work out of everything. I felt beautiful and exceptional thanks to Bridal Artistry, and I highly recommend hiring the team if you want to look your best on your big day. My hair not only looked lovely as I pictured it would, but it also held in place all day and all evening. I would highly recommend Ky!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/11/2014

Ky Washington styled my hair for my October wedding along with 3 of my bridesmaids and my flower girl (5 years old). Ky came to my venue and made the process so easy! We were all styled ahead of schedule and all looked wonderful! My hair stayed put without feeling heavy or tight. I would absolutely recommend Ky and would use her again myself!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Ky was absolutely wonderful to work with! She did a beautiful job with my hair as well as my bridal party's hair. Everyone was very pleased. I would recommend Ky to any bride!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Brett · Married on 10/04/2014

My hair was styled exactly how I wanted and how we'd decided during the trial appointment. Ky was a pleasure to work with -- professional, friendly and very talented. She and her assistant worked efficiently (16 ladies has their hair done!) and every single one had an exceptional style. Definitely a step above any usual hair stylist. I would recommend to any bride who wants to feel 100% confident that her hair will look amazing on her big day.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Carrie and Ethan · Married on 09/27/2014

Ky did a great job doing my hair and makeup on my wedding day. There was limited time to get hair and/or makeup done for my bridesmaids so she brought along an assistant, Norma, who did a great job as well. My bridesmaids and I have very different types of hair and skin tones but everyone looked amazing based on Ky and Norma's recommendations. They both came to my venue, which made everything very easy and convenient. They even managed to fit in a couple more people last minute!

Ky was very open and flexible during our trial and adjusted very well when I decided on something different from what we had originally discussed. Everyone's hair and makeup lasted throughout the evening and I never had to worry about touching anything up even though Ky gave me a couple touch-up items. Another aspect I appreciated about Ky was that she did not require a minimum cost or number of services. I would definitely use Ky again if needed and I would recommend her to anyone in need of a hair/makeup artist for any type of occasion!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Lyn · Married on 09/20/2014

Ky did a WONDERFUL job on my makeup for my wedding. I was a little nervous getting my makeup done because some places make you look like a totally different person with way too much makeup. Ky was able to bring out my best features and make me look like the best version of myself. It was dramatic but not overdone. I loved the full-sized powder and lipgloss that I received for touch ups throughout the day and night but really I only had to use the lipgloss since everything set really well and lasted forever. The fake eyelashes were also a nice touch but done in a way that looked quite natural. Ky also had a really positive and relaxing attitude during the makeup trial and on the wedding day which was great since I needed to calm my nerves. She also arrived a little earlier than the scheduled time to make sure that everything was sorted before I was ushered off to the church. I would recommend her to anyone to make themselves look fabulous!

Sent on 10/14/2014
  • User4419063 · 2+ years ago

As someone who never wears makeup regularly, I was a bit nervous about getting my makeup professionally done because I worried I wouldn't look like myself. Luckily, Ky requires you have a trial to make sure both of you are on the same page for your actual wedding day.

At my trial, I was prettttty clueless about what it was I wanted exactly. In the end, while the makeup was amazing, I knew it wasn't how I wanted to look on my wedding day. Again, this was my own issue of not knowing what I wanted! Ky listened to my thoughts and took all the thoughts I had later through email.

On the wedding day itself, she came to my hotel exactly on time (these things matter!). She put up with my crazy friends and family who crowded around to keep me company. But of course, most importantly, every single thing we discussed doing differently -- she did. My hair and makeup were absolutely perfect. I looked like a better version of myself ;) Both the hair and makeup lasted till the end of our after party -- 3AM!

Ky is talented, professional, responsive, and her calming presence was exactly what I needed as the kick off to my wedding day itself. Would recommend her without hesitation.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Ky was incredible! I looked fantastic in my wedding photos thanks to her.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Ky, made my skin look flawless for my wedding. We had originally said it would be me, MOB, MOG but at the last minute we had added a bridesmaid. She had no problem doing the extra bridesmaid and I would recommend her to anyone. Way to go Ky!! You rock!!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Lauren · Married on 06/28/2014

Ky is amazing! She did a fantastic job with my hair for my wedding day. I met with Ky two months before my wedding for a hair trial, and we tried a few different styles. Ky took pictures and notes on what I liked from the trial. On the morning of the wedding, Ky was ready to go! She was so great and went with the flow, even when I wanted to make a few changes. Ky also did an amazing job with my bridesmaid, my mom, and my mother-in-law. She listened to all three ladies to find out the look they wanted, and matched the exact look. Our hair was perfect:)

Sent on 10/26/2014
  • User3719654 · 2+ years ago

Ky is fantastic! Talented and friendly and made me feel really special.

Sent on 12/06/2013
  • Raven

Raven · Married on 08/24/2013

Ky was extremely professional and made sure that the hair style for my wedding was exactly what I wanted. She was EXCELLENT. I looked like a model on my wedding day. Look no further for a hair artist!!!!

Sent on 12/29/2013
  • Kia

Kia · Married on 08/10/2013

Ky did an amazing job on my hair and my mom's hair. She was able to capture the bridal look that I was trying to achieve so beautifully. Her customer service was absolutely amazing! I mentioned to her that I wanted a pretty hair clip to wear during my reception and she was able to make me a custom clip that complimented the beading on my dress. I highly recommend Ky for your big day.

Sent on 12/06/2013

Sara · Married on 08/06/2013

Ky was my hairstylist at my August 2013 wedding.

The sheer number of expected and unexpected sources that have looked at my wedding pictures both professional and family and exclaimed. "Oh my your hair looks amazing!" should tell you just how amazing Ky is.

At my trial she looked at the pictures I liked, looked at my hair and asked about my hair. I have fairly fine european dark blond hair but a TON of it and it was down to my mid back at the time and it has a wave in it but can go frizzy in humidity.

Taking all of this into account she used products suitable to my hair and gave me a look unique for me that suited my face, hair, veil and overall look I was trying to achieve.

On the day itself Ky was early, calm and effecient and finished on time for me to not be late so that I could be organised late :)

All in all the experience with Ky was amazing and I can recommend her services wholeheartedly.

Sent on 12/24/2013

Ky did hair for me and 6 bridesmaids. She did an awesome job on all of the ladies, giving each one a unique style that was personalized to flatter each of my gals features while still creating a really cohesive look for our group for pictures. She worked closely with me to do a hair trail and meticulously photographed her work and took copious notes on what I liked and what adjustments I wanted to make. I was nervous my day-of hair wouldn't come out as great as the trail but Ky made it look exactly the same, and incorporated the tiny tweaks I'd asked for perfectly. When I look at my wedsing pictures I can honestly say I LOVE how my hair looks! I keep Ky's card handy and am looking forward to having an event qhen I can use her again!!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Keren · Married on 05/19/2013

Ky is a very talented makeup artist (and I truly do mean artist). Not only was my makeup absolutely stunning (even my husband said that my makeup was gorgeous), she's extremely fun to work with and incredibly flexible with time and location. If I ever have the need for a makeup artist again, I won't look anywhere else. I'll for sure be going back to Ky!

Sent on 12/24/2013

Ky was fantastic! I really have never had my make up done too look as beautiful as she made me. She spent a lot of time both in my trial and on the big day to make me look great. Highly recommend !

Ali · Married on 10/20/2012

Amazing!
    We worked with and Ky to do our hair for the wedding. She did myself and 4 bridesmaids. I was scheduled for a practice a couple of months out and she did a great job and I was really looking forward to the wedding day! Everyone who had their hair done had ideas of what they wanted, Ky was able to do exactly that and everyone was thrilled! None of us had any issues with hair falling out of place/etc the Entire night and this is a dancing group of ladies! She was very easy to work with, friendly to everyone (even a bridesmaids that changed her mind twice), on time, and did an amazing job. I would Highly recommend Ky to anyone for a special event!

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2012

Ky did an amazing job on my hair. She brought two other stylists to take care of 7 of my bridesmaids that also I'd a great job. The nice thing about ky and her team is that they come to you!

Sent on 11/04/2012
  • Laquattee

Laquattee · Married on 09/30/2012

My make-up artist Ky Washington was the best make-up artist I have ever had! She was so on point with the colors that looked best on my skintone, and she made me look absolutely FABULOUS on my wedding day! I had so many compliments, and everyone could not get over I great I looked. I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to look their best for whatever occasion. My mother and sister also used her services and they couldn't believe how great she made them look! Ky I cannot thank you enough for your services, your professionalism, and the time you put in making us all look great!

Laquattee Graham

Sent on 11/28/2012
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/02/2012

Ky was wonderful and took my description of my dream wedding hair and made it a reality. It was even better than I had imagined. She did my mom's hair as well and my mom could not have been happier. I would definitely recommend Ky to do hair for you and any other special people in your wedding!

Sent on 11/30/2012

Lindsey · Married on 06/02/2012

My wedding hair and makeup, as well as that of my bridesmaids and mother in law, turned out just beautifully and we had a wonderful experience getting ready on the wedding day. Everyone looked amazing--thank you so much!

• acgirl2003

Jamie · Married on 11/11/2011

Ky was amazing!!! She did hair for each of my bridesmaids and they all looked beautiful. She did hair and make-up for both my mom and I and it was perfect. She is super friendly and made the entire experience fun. My make-up lasted all day and didn't rub off on my new hubby or guests. I highly recommend Ky.

Sent on 12/03/2011

Lindsay · Married on 10/29/2011

Ky was able to help me achieve a personalized hairstyle for my wedding day that suited the entire day: my dress, my venue, my personality. Not only did she succeed at that, but she helped make my bridesmaids and mom feel and look beautiful without a prior consultation. I was really impressed with Ky's ability to just "get" what we were each trying to achieve with our hair for the big day. I whole-heartedly recommend Ky!

Sent on 01/06/2012
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/16/2011

Loved my hair! Ky did an excellent job with my hair and my matron of honors hair. We were both very happy with the way it turned out. I loved my hair at the trial and knew right then I wanted to have Ky style my hair for my wedding. She is very friendly and was a lot of fun to work with. I would highly recommend Ky!

Sent on 11/01/2011