Richard Stratton Reviews

41 | Fernandina Beach, FL

41 Reviews for Richard Stratton

1 User photo

Matthew · Married on 10/31/2015

The band members were very generous with their time. Played every song requested and even learned a song we requested.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Heather · Married on 10/10/2015

Richard played acoustic guitar for our recent ceremony on the beach! His music was awesome, and we got many compliments afterwards! He was always quick to respond and professional. It was a pleasure working with him, and we would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Richard Stratton's reply:

Thanks Heather...it was great to work for you...you are a detail oriented person...it was a lovely ceremony!

Janel · Married on 10/09/2015

Richard and Tommy were fantastic! My guests raved about how great they were! Richard was quick to respond to emails and was very helpful in planning the music for my wedding and reception. He even learned a new song we had requested him to play for our first dance. I would highly suggest Richard for your wedding! Live music definitely makes your special day even more memorable!

Sent on 03/19/2016

The music was great and just what we needed for an outdoor wedding.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Caley · Married on 04/25/2015

I can't speak highly enough of Richard Stratton and the Palmetto Catz. Richard played the guitar and sang for our ceremony and cocktail hour and then the rest of the band joined in for the reception. Richard was incredibly easy to work with and even learned a song (and re-wrote a few of the lyrics!) for the father-daughter dance. Everyone raved about how much fun the reception was and it was largely due to the band's ability to "read the crowd" and play songs that everyone enjoyed. I didn't specify any songs other than our first dance and dances with our parents. They were also very flexible, having to be moved around quite a bit because of weather and they never complained a bit, just kept on singing and playing and having a great time!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Katherine · Married on 04/18/2015

The music at my wedding was beautiful, and Richard was a dream to work with! I was worried because I waited quite late to book the music--I contacted Richard by phone about three weeks before the wedding. Richard responded to my call within the first fifteen minutes of placing the call. He was so kind, and immediately said he could do it. I was so relieved! Then about ten days before the wedding I wanted to change the music from a duo to a trio, and again, Richard graciously accommodated my request, no problem! I would highly recommend his services to anyone for any occasion! It was worth every penny! Thank you, Richard!?

Sent on 05/11/2015

We hired Richard for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He was absolutely flawness! Our guests could not stop commenting how fantastic the music was. We could not recommend him more highly!!!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Richard and his trio were GREAT! They performed the music during my wedding ceremony and it was fantastic!

Minutes before the start of the ceremony it started to rain so Richard had to quickly move everything inside and it did not take long for him to get everything set up to perform inside. His flexibility to move indoors and the speed at which he was able to set up so that the ceremony could still start on time was truly remarkable.

Richard was such a nice guy and so great to work with throughout my wedding planning process. Thanks, Richard!!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Bechan · event on: 03/28/2015

Richard is always a pleasure to work with, very professional and extremely talented!

Sent on 04/17/2015

George · Married on 02/28/2015

The Palmetto Catz are so talented, so professional, and received so many compliments from our guests, that they really made our wedding reception special. We loved these guys! Highly recommend.

Sent on 03/10/2015

Beth · Married on 03/31/2012

What can I say. Richard is a wonder classical guitatist and the ceremony was elegant. His band The Palmetto Cats was jamming all night. They were able to read the crowd and played just the right music to keep the dance floor full. He is so delightful to work with... a true professional.

Sent on 04/04/2012

Jared · Married on 06/09/2018

Rick and the rest of the Palmetto Catz did a fantastic job at our wedding on Jekyll Island. They were perfect for the reception room and were able to change tone and tempo at the appropriate moments. They had a great song selection played everything we requested in advance of our wedding. Thank you so much for making our experience that much better!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Richard Stratton's reply:

Thanks Jared...we appreciate you! The Catz send their regards.

B · Married on 04/14/2017

Richard's solo guitar was the perfect addition to our small beach ceremony. He had excellent suggestions for coordinating the music and answered all of our questions. Many of our guests commented on how Richard's music tied everything together into an amazing experience - we give our highest recommendation! Go ahead and book!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Richard Stratton's reply:

thanks so much Barbara. Your ceremony was the perfect beach experience!

Richard was very professional and prompt when responding to all emails, even with changes that needed to be made a few days before the wedding. He let me choose all the songs that were played for the ceremony and gave some suggestions when I was a little overwhelmed with options. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a guitarist for their wedding that will make the process easy and enjoyable.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Richard Stratton's reply:

thanks for the kind words...very best to you.

MRS. · Married on 05/13/2017

We couldn't have been more pleased with Richard Stratton and Two Katz! Everyone raved about the music that they played during our son's rehearsal dinner. Richard was also great to deal with during the planning period. You can't go wrong using him!

Sent on 05/18/2017

Richard did a great job with our wedding music. Our guests also enjoyed it!

Sent on 09/24/2015