Richard Cash, Officiant Reviews

114 | Bridgewater, NJ

114 Reviews for Richard Cash, Officiant

Tiana · Married on 02/14/2015

Richard loves what he does and you can tell when you first meet him. My husband and I met with Richard and he took the time to get to know us. He was easy to get in touch with and easy to work with. He created a beautiful and memorable ceremony for us and we cannot thank him enough.

Sent on 02/25/2015
  • Janine & Terrence

Janine & Terrence · Married on 12/31/2014

Richard did a wonderful job and I was very happy with my ceremony! He took the time to get to know us and understand our personalities - which was huge for me :)

He was very responsive, via email for me which is how I communicate most since my husband and I worked full time, on time, and very professional!

He was excellent!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Rebecca · Married on 12/20/2014

Richards was personable and professional. He made us feel at ease and helped us along the way with any questions we had. He was easy going and quick to respond to our emails. We were so glad to have him be a part of our special day.

Sent on 12/23/2014

Amanda · Married on 11/01/2014

Amazing. As soon as we met Richard a year before the wedding, we knew he was perfect. He can customize a ceremony to whatever you want. We were both from Catholic families but wanted a secular ceremony. We wanted something that was less lovey-dovey and with no corny sand or wine ceremonies, but focused on what makes a good marriage and what we should focus on going forward to have a good partnership for years to come. The result was a beautiful ceremony that made me cry when I read it for the first time! Everyone complimented us on how beautiful it was. Richard was responsive and attentive and made everything a breeze for us. Could not recommend him enough.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Mary · Married on 10/11/2014

Richard married us a few weeks ago at an intimate ceremony in NJ. I don’t think words can express how grateful we are to our venue for recommending him to us. Richard was so easy to talk to and we immediately felt comfortable with him in the first few minutes of meeting him almost a year before our wedding. He takes the time to get to know you as a couple.

As we approached our wedding date, he checked in with us regularly and was very flexible with changing/updating the ceremony based on our requests. He felt like a part of our family the day of the wedding. Upon returning from our honeymoon, we had a detailed email waiting for us with instructions on picking up our wedding certificate as well as a kind personal note to us. He’s a great man and the perfect officiant. We highly recommend him for your special day, he certainly made ours special and memorable.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Nicole · Married on 09/26/2014

When Mike and I met on our college campus seven years ago, we could never have imagined how wonderful our lives would be today. We were married in a gazebo on a sunny, September day. Besides the weather being perfect, our officiant was the best part of our special day. When we first met Richard, his demeanor was calm yet playful. We had such a good feeling about him that we booked him right away. Planning the ceremony was a cinch, since Richard had various sample ceremonies for us to look through. Mike and I pieced together some of our favorite readings, our love story, and a unity ceremony. When we look back on our wedding day, my husband and I think the reason our wedding ceremony was so special was because of Richard’s small touches. He knew the right time to make the ceremony warm and sentimental and when to be light and upbeat. The ceremony was catered to us as a couple and we couldn’t imagine someone more perfect than Richard marrying us. We asked Richard if we could do a tree planting ceremony, and although he had never seen it done, he was on board with it because that’s what we wanted. Everyone seemed to think we knew him for a very long time, although we had only met a few months prior. Everyone complimented us by saying that this was the best wedding ceremony that they had ever been to. We were so honored to have Richard marry us on our special day. His personality made the ceremony spark and he genuinely had a good time marrying us. I thank my mom for finding him!

Sent on 03/02/2015

Cristina · Married on 09/20/2014

I cannot say enough about Richard. After our first (and only) face to face meeting with him, my husband and I knew we wanted him as our officiant. Richard provided us with everything we needed to prepare for our ceremony and was extremely responsive whenever we emailed him. On the day of our wedding, we received so many compliments on our ceremony and our guests were shocked when we revealed that Richard was not a close friend of ours. He is such a genuine person and that really showed as he performed our ceremony. Although I was extremely organized during the planning process, I managed to forget our marriage license on our wedding day. Richard just smirked, poked a little fun at me, and then assured me that it wouldn't be a problem. The next day, he made a special trip to my parents' house to get signatures on the marriage license so he could send it out on time. He truly went above and beyond for us and we are so happy that we chose Richard! We ABSOLUTELY recommend him!!!

Thank you so much, Richard!!!

Sent on 10/24/2014

kathleen · Married on 09/06/2014

Richard officiated my ceremony on 9/6/14 and was absolutely wonderful!
    My fiancé and I met with him over a year prior to the wedding and knew immediately that he would be the one to officiate our ceremony. He worked with me directly ensuring that every detail of the ceremony was perfect from the personalized reading that I wrote myself to cuing the music with my DJ to adding in fun facts about my fiancé and I. After the ceremony he also took care of the wedding license so I could enjoy my honeymoon and it was all ready for me when I got back. Wedding planning shouldn't be stressful but it can be if you don't use vendors you trust- Richard fits into the category of someone that I trusted and I knew he would do a wonderful job. I am just so happy with our choice to use him to officiate our ceremony. He feels like a friend now which is exactly what I wanted :)

Sent on 10/24/2014

Philip · Married on 09/01/2014

Richard was the officiant at our wedding and we could not have chosen a more perfect person to officiate our marriage. About a month before our wedding day, my wife and I were crossing things off our checklist. For whatever reason, we somehow forgot to book an officiant! My wife found Richard on WeddingWire and we reached out to him to check his availability. Richard replied promptly and, to our delight, he was available. Richard was professional and flexible when it came to scheduling. He understood that we were on a time-crunch and was willing to work with us every step of the way leading up to our wedding day. He officiated our ceremony with class and professionalism. The words he spoke at our ceremony reflected our thoughts, and we could tell our guests were truly touched by them. I cannot find the words to describe the way in which Richard added to our memories of our wedding. If you need an officiant, look no further, because you have found him!

Sent on 07/18/2015

When we met with Richard and sat down to talk, it was immediately obvious what a warm and genuine person he is. Before long, we were just chatting. About life, about my now wife's story of how we met, our challenges and triumphs and goals. Yet it was all casual, easy, it really just flowed. He made us feel immensely comfortable and was just a strong, steady and calming presence.

What impressed us though was how detailed and prepared he was. He already had the forms we needed, an outline of the ceremony ready to go, the questions he needed answering, everything that needed to be done right there. Along the process he would send us gentle reminders and keep us on track. One less thing you need to stress about!

On the big day, he was the picture of professionalism and just made sure everything stayed calm but on track. You could tell he takes a real joy in the service he provides and the ceremony was just perfect. Really just top notch.

Bottom Line: If you are getting married in the NJ/NYC area and, particularly for a non-denominational but really for any kind of ceremony, Richard Cash is your guy. Thank you for everything Richard!

Sent on 09/05/2014

Liqi · Married on 08/16/2014

Great person to work with. We were nondenominational, and were able to, with his help, plan out a simple but customized ceremony. He's able to help direct as needed, but lets you do it the way you want. Would highly recommend

Sent on 08/28/2014

jennifer · Married on 07/19/2014

With all the hectic planning of a wedding, from flower colors to chair covers, hair styles to song selections; my husband and I found that working with Mr. Cash was the most pleasurable and memorable part of our entire wedding day. Knowing little about how a marriage ceremony works, Mr. Cash worked with us and gave us options to customize our own ceremony. Throughout our meetings and emails leading up to our big day, he was positive, encouraging, professional and an absolute joy to plan with. During our ceremony we had people laughing, crying and enjoying every moment of it. Many people said, "I didn't check my watch once!" or "That ceremony really represented you and it was entertaining at every point."
    I would recommend him to anyone that wants a customized ceremony that captures the bride and groom's true relationship and love for one another while being entertaining and beautiful.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Lucy · Married on 06/14/2014

It is our pleasure to share that Richard Cash was not only courteous, but always ahead with all of the details. We never had to follow up as he was always one step ahead of the game, well prepared, very detailed oriented, professional, thorough, and efficient. He took his time in getting to know us, added a personal touch of comfort...we can't say enough about his services! We received many compliments on the ceremony. Very, very, comforting to have him as our wedding officiant..he truly went above and beyond. Lucy & Bill

Sent on 07/15/2014

Brianna · Married on 06/08/2014

Richard was absolutely amazing! I had so much trouble finding an officiant for our elopement, and was about to give up when I found Richard. From the very first email, I knew he was going to be the one. He is so wonderful, professional, intelligent and overall just perfect. He calmed all my nerves after the first phone call and we knew he was the one for us. He was absolutely understanding of the situation, and when I had questions or needed help, he was just an email away. His response time was almost immediate. He made our wedding day feel so special. The ability to work with him and create our own ceremony was exactly what I wanted. I went from wanting to read my own vows to creating something that was much more perfect than I could have imagined. Thank you so much for everything Richard! You seriously are amazing!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Katelyn · Married on 05/16/2014

Our wedding would not have been the same without Richard! He walked us through every step of applying for the marriage license, and designing a ceremony that was fitting for the two of us. He is kind, funny, and genuinely loves what he does. Our ceremony was so perfectly intimate and romantic and he made that all possible. I cannot thank you enough Richard for making our day so very memorable and special.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Linda · Married on 04/26/2014

From the moment my husband and I met Richard, we were amazed! He is such a sweet, genuine individual, that it felt like we've known him our entire life. Other officiants we've met with were not evenly remotely as personable, kind, or professional as Richard. He was definitely the easiest, most organized person to work with and most responsive during the whole wedding planning process. He made sure we had the ceremony we had envisioned and worked with us all the way through. Our ceremony was absolutely flawless and our guests were so touched by his reading. We were very fortunate to have met him and have him as part of our special day.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

To the wonderful couple that left me this great review - thanks!

Ed · Married on 03/22/2014

We got married on March 22nd, 2014 and were overwhelmed by the incredible treatment we received from Richard Cash, who we used to officiate our wedding.

When we met Richard before the wedding, we were quickly struck by how organized he was and how seriously he took his role in our wedding. We had previously met many other officiants who appeared far more amateur in their approach and their preparation. We also met other officiants who, frankly, were just weird people. Richard had an affable personality and an understanding that his role was not central to the wedding, that it was the bride and groom’s day. His grounded attitude continued throughout the process, with him allowing us to shape the ceremony in any way we chose and in following up with us whenever we had concerns. Richard was also very clear in explaining to us the paperwork requirements regarding getting married outside of our home state/county. On the day of the wedding, Richard was over an hour early to the ceremony and went over all last minute details. He stuck to the script that we had agreed upon and did, in our view, and excellent job officiating.

Above all, what showed that Richard Cash went above and beyond, and what really impressed us was that on the day of the wedding, Richard made sure that the ceremony was about us. He did not prepare any one-liner jokes for his remarks and he did not resort to any sort of talk that had even a hint of egotism, like many officiants/presiding priests/rabbis are want to do. Furthermore, and this may seem like a small thing, but Richard discreetly stepped away from the photographer’s view during the most important parts of the ceremony, thereby allowing for some excellent shots of the two of us. He had mentioned that he would do that, but it wasn’t until we received our pictures back that we noticed how much of a classy move that was on his part.

We could not have asked for a better wedding day!

Sent on 07/01/2014
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 03/15/2014

If you need any more proof of how wonderful Richard Cash is, I can tell you that he was absolutely the only officiant my now husband and I met with. When we sat and chatted with him that first morning, we were kicking each other under the table to make sure we were both loving him. We made the decision to have Richard officiate our ceremony before we even got back to the car!

He was absolutely unbelievable and was so suited to us both. Our ceremony was very heartfelt and emotional - but also personal and funny at times. We both like things a little lighter but some of the ministers we saw online seemed like downright jokers. We don't take ourselves too seriously but this was not the kind of thing you make a joke! He found the blend that made us both happy and comfortable.

He provided a ton of ceremony samples and helped us navigate just exactly how to plan one - we had no idea! He had great ideas and listened so well when we spoke that you would have thought he'd known us forever when he talked about us. He also made the whole process a breeze - the logistics and legalities.

Would absolutely recommend to anyone.

Sent on 03/19/2014

Samantha · Married on 02/01/2014

Richard is amazing person who is very organized and detailed oriented. He puts so much thought into everything he creates for you. When we first had our meeting with him we were very nervous being newly engaged and overwhelmed by the whole process and Richard really guided us through the whole thing. He made us feel very comfortable and like we were all old friends. Our ceremony was created with so much thought and love and brought our entire family to tears.

The rehearsal went so smoothly and Richard really guided everyone through the whole process. Everyone absolutely loved him!

The day of went even smoother and he really felt like part of the family. We cannot express the amount of gratitude we have towards Richard. He made all our dreams come true for the ceremony and had everyone talking about how amazing and romantic our ceremony was. We are so lucky to have met Richard and wish all couples feel this happy about their officiants. There is no question he was incredible!!

Sent on 02/10/2014
  • Bridgette

Bridgette · Married on 11/02/2013

We were comfortable with Richard from the start! We made a date to physically meet him and chat and after an hour and a half of a very comfortable conversation, my fiance and I walked out of Starbucks- looked at each other, and both said "We LOVE him"!!

He was extremely helpful. As a same sex couple, sometimes things can be confusing, but he had all of the answers!! He was extremely professional and prompt with all of our correspondence.

For the rehearsal, he kept everything on time as we only had an hour to rehearse.

The day of our wedding, he was on time and a true leader as we had live musicians, and Dj's and he kept everything moving smoothly. Richard was absolutely amazing!!

He made the most important part of our day absolutely perfect! We can't thank him enough for making our wedding special!!

Sent on 02/09/2014
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/18/2013

In asking my husband what to say and how to say it about Richard, the wide-eyed response was "I think he was fantastic." I couldn't agree with that statement more - although understated of course.

Richard was a recommendation from our wedding venue and after reading through his website, we were excited to see if he was available. He has no limitations and is truly in the line of work of creating an unique and one-of-a-kind ceremony for his clients regardless of age, sexual preference, color, etc.

Our first meeting with him was at a local coffee shop and we sat and talked for an hour. He heard our story and what we wanted in our wedding ceremony and he read through our wedding website to understand us a little better. He was willing to do whatever we wanted (as silly as I wanted to be) and would provide us with excellence guidance on what he thought would work and what wouldn't. I joked for a while with my family and my in-laws that I was going to be beyond lucky to have so many pictures taken of my ceremony with the most important man in my life - and the new most important man in my life (Richard).

Richard is organized, detailed, attentive, a fantastic listener and is a veteran in this space. He really is an incredible person to work with and I speak for my husband and I when I say that there is no way we would have ever developed our ceremony without the help of Richard. Thank you just doesn't seem like enough to say; we will sing Richard's praises to every newlywed couple we meet.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Dana · Married on 09/28/2013

Easy to work with, prompt to respond to any questions and very professional!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Kendra · Married on 09/21/2013

Our wedding ceremony was one for the movies!!!! It was romantic, funny, full of joy and heart. We have Richard Cash to thank!!! Richard was warm, friendly and inviting since our first meeting with him. He took the time to listen to our story and to understand us as a couple and it really showed during the ceremony. He was professional throughout the process, always quickly responding to my emails. If I had to do it all over again, I would ask Richard as our officiant again in a heart beat!!!!!

Sent on 10/08/2013
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/20/2013

Richard was the absolute perfect wedding officiant for our ceremony. My husband and I could not have been happier!! We wanted a short, simple, non religious ceremony and that is exactly what we got. He had every one laughing and crying in a short time period. Not to mention he got me through a mishap with the best man temporarily misplacing my wedding band during the ceremony!!

From the beginning he was kind, courteous and professional. He provided us with amazing sample ceremonies from which we could pull ideas! He even gave us information about how and where to go about applying for and picking up our wedding license based on where we live and where the ceremony was located

My ceremony was absolutely perfect. I would highly recommend Richard to anyone! I am still getting compliments in the ceremony

Sent on 01/13/2014

Alicia C. · Married on 09/14/2013

I'm Alice,the mother of the bride(Desiree) is very proud to say that our traditional filipino christian ceremony was perfectly executed by Minister Richard Cash with charm & humor...
    I'm pretty sure of more compliments & photo held in courtyard of Wyndham Hamilton Hotel, Florham Park,NJ from the newly wed" Desiree & Nich" as soon as they come back from honeymoon in Paris.

Alicia C. Pangilinan,RPh