Richard Cash, Officiant Reviews

114 | Bridgewater, NJ

114 Reviews for Richard Cash, Officiant

Kathleen · Married on 07/28/2017

Richard did an excellent job performing my wedding ceremony. He is personable and professional. It was a pleasure working with him and I highly recommend him as a wedding officiant!!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Amber · Married on 07/08/2017

Richard was the perfect pick for our special day! My husband and I got to select/customize our ceremony which was a really nice touch. We got so many comments on how beautiful our ceremony was. Richard is timely, flexible, and has a great personality that is easy to get along with. He even makes sure you know how to get all the licenses and everything that you'll need.

Sent on 08/14/2017
  • Z

Zack · Married on 07/02/2017

Richard Cash was absolutely amazing for our special day! He goes above and beyond throughout the entire experience and could not have been more helpful. Talk about meeting someone and just feeling like you've known this person for years, that's Richard! His calm demeanor and attention to every detail really shows how much he cares about the work he does. We were able to communicate with ease through email, phone, or Skype. He also did not laugh at us when we told him about the special "beer joining" ceremony that we wanted to perform! If you're looking for a wonderful Officiant, look no further than Richard! Thanks again for making our day so special :) Highly Recommended!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Zack, Actually, I think I did laugh when you brought up the "loving beer cup" ceremony - but I was laughing with you and Capri because I thought it was such a unique and original idea. And, we pulled if of flawlessly, much to the amazement of all your guests. :)

Jill · Married on 07/01/2017

We met with only one officiant, and it was Richard! He made the whole process so easy, from our first meeting up till the wedding ceremony. He worked with us to create a special and unique wedding ceremony that reflected us as a couple. Richard also spent the time to get to know us as individuals, and as a couple, which was evident during our first meeting and then displayed during the ceremony. We could not have asked for a better officiant! During our outdoor ceremony the skies turned threatening, and instead of skipping parts of the ceremony that Richard knew would be important to us, he just quickened the pace of events so nothing was cut out or lost. Richard is so wonderful and easy to work with. We highly recommend him as your wedding officiant!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

The threatening skies didn't "dampen" anyone's excitement as evidenced by all the cheering at the end of the ceremony and the sprint to get inside.

katie · Married on 06/24/2017

Richard was great! He was so helpful and made everything very easy! He was also great on the wedding day! I
    couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/01/2017

My husband and I knew from our first Skype meeting with Richard Cash that he would be the perfect officiant for our wedding. Throughout the whole wedding planning process, Richard was very easy to work with and personable. He really got to know us as a couple and helped us create a ceremony that fit us, which ended up turning out so beautifully. We couldn't imagine having anyone else officiate our wedding.

Sent on 04/15/2017

Michelle · Married on 03/11/2017

Richard Cash was a delight to do business with. We wanted someone with personality to officiate, someone who spoke with excitement and who could think quick in case something happened. Richard Cash was definitely this person. He made us feel comfortable, he helped us during the rehearsal, and he took care of quite of a lot of items we then did not have to. Thank you, Richard for making our ceremony so special. I am definitely recommending this officiant to all brides and grooms looking. :)

Sent on 03/15/2017

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Michelle, I had so much fun marrying you and Ryan but not nearly as much fun as your guests did watching. It was obvious they were super-excited about being part of your day. Thanks for submitting your review. :)

Shannon · Married on 01/22/2017

We cannot say enough great things about Richard. Finding the right officiant for our wedding ended up being a bigger task than we though and much harder to find just the right person to connect with us on the most important day of our lives. Richard was exactly that person. He is kind, genuine, and listens to what his couples say and don't say, truly learning who we are. His ceremony that he led was beautiful and perfectly custom to us. Serious but funny, professional but calming. We are so happy to forever have him a part of our day! Thank you, Richard!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Sending love back to one of my most emotional couples in a long time. So happy to have shared such a deeply intimate experience with you. XOXO

John · Married on 12/03/2016

Richard was everything that we wanted and hoped for. From the very beginning, he was extremely organized and attentive with us. He solicited our feedback on how we wanted the ceremony to go and he delivered perfectly. We wanted something short, sweet and light-hearted, and he hit each of those attributes perfectly. About 15 minutes before the ceremony began, we asked Richard to change the sides that the bridesmaids / groomsmen would stand on for photograph purposes, and he calmly re-arranged everything and made sure everything was OK.

He was able to make people laugh and cry, and we were complemented by a majority of our guests on how great the ceremony was. If we had to do it again, we would pick Richard! Thank you so much Richard, we wouldn't have wanted our wedding any other way!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

John & Lauren, Thanks for taking the time to post this fantastic review. I had to laugh at the way you described changing sides for photographic purposes when we all know it was because Lauren's left side showed off her fabulous hair. Your personal vows to each other were definitely the highlight - I (and everyone else) was laughing and crying right along with you. Hugs to both.
  • Kaylene

Kaylene · Married on 08/20/2016

Richard is amazing. He helped us build the perfect ceremony for our wedding. He was always very quick to respond and had answers to all my questions. He checked in at appropriate times so I never felt like I had to hunt him down or he might not show up. People RAVED about our ceremony. I don't think I've ever heard of that happening. He is so well-spoken and genuinely inspiring. We loved working with Richard and think you would be crazy not to!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! You really made our day unique and special.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Mansi · Married on 06/25/2016

Identifying an officiant was definitely the trickiest part of the vendor process for us - neither my husband nor I are particularly religious, so we wanted to find an officiant who would respect that and help us create a beautiful ceremony - we got that and so much more. Richard is warm and funny, which was evident upon our first meeting. He is very professional and worked iteratively with us to write the perfect ceremony. I am Indian, though my husband is not, and he was very flexible in blending traditions from both of our cultures. We have received nothing but amazing feedback from both families on how beautiful the ceremony was. He was also very helpful in providing resources, from sample readings to use during the ceremony to instructions on how to apply for a marriage license. Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Brienne · Married on 05/07/2016

Richard was great to work with and we are so glad we hired hm to officiate our wedding. As a mixed religion couple wanting to be married at an outside venue rather than a church, hiring see for the most important duty was top list. We knew from the moment we met him that he understood us and what we wanted, a spiritual ceremony that incorporated traditions from both of our faiths. Richard was extremely helpful from the beginning, sending us sample ceremonies and talking about different traditions. He was organized on the day of, walking us through a quick rehearsal and telling all of our family members where they needed to be when. He was an invaluable part of our day!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Erin · Married on 11/14/2015

Richard Cash was the officiant for our wedding last weekend. Richard is a fantastic officiant; he really made our ceremony special. One thing I liked about having Richard as our officiant is that he really helped me to stay on track with getting our documents in order before the wedding. He is friendly, responsive, timely, and I felt like he really listened to us and made our ceremony unique to "us". I highly recommend Richard Cash as an officiant!

Sent on 11/21/2015

Georgina · Married on 11/12/2015

You must hire this man!! He loves his job and you can really tell! He loves to marry people and share in their special day. He makes you feel at ease during your ceremony and is so easy to work with! David and I are very happy with his services :)

Love,
    Dave and Georgina Castellaneta

Sent on 11/17/2015

Andrew · Married on 11/01/2015

Professional, personable, compassionate, knowledgeable, eye for detail, great sense of humor... Made the entire day go smooth and stress free, this guy is top notch

Sent on 11/13/2015

Christina · Married on 10/24/2015

When we began searching for an officiant we were not sure what we were looking for. When I reached out to Richard he contacted me back quickly and was very accommodating, finding a meeting place that was half way between both of us. Richard is warm, nice, funny and very easy going. He did everything to make us comfortable and had a sincere interest in my Husband and I as a couple. He was so organized writing down every detail and naturally organizing our ceremony to suite our needs. Instead of a traditional candle or sand ceremony we wanted to do something out of the box. We choose as German tradition that included us using a large double handled saw and cutting a log. Richard was not turned off by this at all. He was so open to our ideas and encouraged us to be original. He did some of his own research giving us tips on how to make this part of our ceremony have more memorable impact. Richard arrived early to the ceremony reviewing everything with us. We did not have a rehearsal with Richard but it did not even matter. His organization, attention to detail and caring nature made it perfect.

Sent on 10/27/2015
  • Aimee

Aimee · Married on 10/02/2015

So first off, I have to admit it has taken me way too long to sit down and write my reviews (my wedding was Oct 2015!)- but it was important for me to do so, especially for Rev. Cash. I can not recommend him enough.

Our wedding ceremony was simple, meaningful, and beautiful- mostly secular, but with a hint of Catholicism (which is just what I wanted). Rev. Cash can tailor your ceremony to fit anything you want- and it will be touching, funny, meaningful, and professional all in one.

Rev. Cash is also very responsive (which is great for nervous brides), and always willing to help guide you plan your ceremony, offer recommendations, etc. Highly, highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Hi Aimee & Chris, Thanks for putting a big smile on my face and bringing back memories from your ceremony almost two years ago. I'm not sure if I told you when I saw you that I have the picture you sent from your ceremony posted on my website. Check it out at the very top right corner of my photo gallery page: https://www.richardcashofficiant.com/gallery.html. Hugs to both, Richard

Samantha · Married on 09/19/2015

Richard was the only officiant we met with. When we walked out of the meeting my husband excitedly looked at me and said, “so we’re hiring him, right?” During my wedding planning I wasn’t sure how to go about finding an officiant given we wanted a non-denominational ceremony. It didn’t seem like something I would be able to search for on a wedding website, but turns out I was wrong. Richard had great reviews and so we scheduled time to meet with him and boy am I glad we did. We met at a local Panera and could have talked for days. His vibrant personality was contagious and we knew he would be just the spark we needed to ensure our ceremony wasn’t drab and boring as we all know some can be. He worked with us to ensure the ceremony was everything we wanted it to be, making it personal by adding his unique touch, weaving in our personal story, and incorporating in our personal vows. He was extremely responsive throughout the process as well which is always important. I received so many compliments on how great a job he did with our ceremony. Apparently, we had everyone in tears. It was short and sweet and memorable and that’s just what we wanted. Richard is great at his craft but more importantly he’s a warm person with an infectious personality, and we can’t imagine having had anyone else preside over such an important event in our lives.

Sent on 10/17/2015

Shannon · Married on 09/12/2015

Richard was absolutely amazing during our wedding and the planning itself. I was going through a personal difficult time with some family members and he really is understanding and accommodating and a compassionate person. He helped us with readings and gave advice and customizes your entire ceremony. He is extremely professional and just a warm person to be around during the biggest part of your day. He is well spoken and well put together and honestly I could list hundreds of more reasons why he was the perfect choice for our wedding day. Thanks again Richard. Today we celebrate our one year anniversary and we are happier than ever.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Shannon & Ben, Happy 1-year anniversary! Thanks for putting a huge smile on my face. Richard

I realized while searching for a wedding officiant, how scary the process really is. The officiant is a huge part of the wedding. After meeting with Rev. Richard Cash, my husband and I knew right away that he was going to be our officiant. He is easy going and helpful in so many ways. He walked us through the whole wedding process including how to file our marriage license. He was even there once the wedding was over, sending in our marriage license to the township. I would highly recommend Rev. Richard Cash.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Donna · Married on 07/12/2015

From the moment we met Rev Cash we knew there was no other choice. From day one he took the time to get to know us, spend time with us and explain step by step every detail to us. He helped us organize and create a beautiful ceremony from start to finish. Rev Cash was great to work with from beginning to end! My husband and I wanted a short but sweet wedding and he gave us just that. I loved the amount of options he gave us for readings. It made it easy to put together a ceremony that meant a lot to us. He even added in a personal touch during the ceremony which everyone really enjoyed. Rev. Cash is one of the best, most genuine people my husband and I have ever had the privilege of meeting and thanks to him our ceremony was perfect and unforgettable. We are very thankful and grateful to him for all he did for us. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/18/2015

George · Married on 06/07/2015

Our initial meeting with Richard was in person (this was nice compared to the other officiant we met with virtually through Skype) and he instantly impressed with us with his thoroughness and compassion. He took detailed notes on how we envisioned our ceremony and came back to us, within days, with a draft flow of our ceremony. Given Richard's expertise and extremely busy schedule, we know that we aren't the only couple he was working with this season. However, Richard's personal approach and attention to detail make you feel like you're the only wedding he is conducting this year. Richard was instrumental in helping us customize our personal vows. He provided us with insight and helped us to define what we really wanted to say to each other. During the ceremony, Richard's demeanor and flexibility helped us to relax and be ourselves.

Sent on 06/21/2015

Alexandra · Married on 05/30/2015

Richard Cash was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding, and the easiest! From the moment we began planning, we knew that the ceremony was most important to us. After being referred to Richard by good friends, we emailed him and heard a response right away, set a date that worked for everyone, and we met with him in a Starbucks. We knew we wanted to hire him before we even began speaking about our wedding and what we would like for our ceremony. He is just such a kind, good person. Then we were really wowwed. He gave us paperwork explaining how you obtain a marriage license in our area with all the contact information of the people we needed to go to, went through our ceremony ideas and within just a day or so we received a rough outline from him via email. Throughout the months leading up, he was extremely responsive to emails and worked alongside us to create our perfect ceremony. The day before, we had our rehearsal and a slight change to the ceremony location, and he organized us all into a beautiful set up, taking his time to make sure everything would be right. Of course, the day of, Richard made sure everything was perfect. He even gave me some words of encouragement before walking down the aisle since I was nervous! Our ceremony was so special and so filled with love. Richard has a way with taking a moment during a tender time and knowing what to say to lift everyone up and have a little laugh. When we think of the blur of our wedding day, we both agree that was our most favorite part. It was magic! We are still receiving compliments and will always recommend Richard to anyone we know getting married, and of course, will always be grateful to him for everything.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Carissa · Married on 05/15/2015

From the moment we met Richard, my then Fiance and I felt so comfortable. We laughed a lot and knew right away that he was the perfect match for us. Throughout the planning process Richard was very proactive in trying to finalize details. He was very helpful in helping us build the perfect ceremony for us! Our guests laughed and cried and felt as though we had known Richard forever! We would highly recommend him to our family and friends.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Aubree · Married on 03/06/2015

Picking an officiant was a bit of a daunting task for my bride and me as we're not very religious people. We thought we'd have to meet with a number of officiants before we'd find someone who 'got' us and who we liked. Richard Cash was the first and only one we needed to meet. He is an incredibly gracious, kind, sincere professional who has so much love in his heart for all kinds of people we knew immediately we wanted to be married by this man. He not only had so many wonderful ideas for the ceremony and seamlessly worked in our own, he made the entire process amazingly easy as far as attention to detail and helpful info on the marriage license process. From the moment we first sat down almost a year ago until he pronounced us husband and wife, Richard Cash was there for us. Our guests were blown away by the ceremony and still talk about how it was the most special they have seen. Picking an officiant is a very personal thing, but I can't imagine anyone being anything other than completely happy with Richard!

Sent on 04/19/2015