Richard Bell Photography Reviews

Richard Bell Photography 1
Richard Bell Photography 2
Richard Bell Photography 3
Richard Bell Photography 4

Mell & Steve were absolutely fabulous! Since I booked Richard Bell for my destination wedding - I put a lot if trust I their work since I wasn't able to meet with the team in person prior to booking! What you see is what you get- their work is amazing. In both our wedding & engagement photos they captured every moment and worked fabulous with the wedding party, family, and guests. Mell was very detail oriented and made sure our photos and our day was everything we dreamed! We love our album as well!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Excellent services! And amazing final wedding album. We are so very happy with everything from RBP including engagement, wedding and boudoir photos. Thanks!!!

Sent on 09/22/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/11/2013

Mell is awesome!! She made our event unforgettable, all of our pictures turned out amazing.

Sent on 09/22/2013

Kimberly · Married on 04/27/2013

The photos were amazing!! Nathan was awesome and very helpful and accommodating. This is a great company!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Melissa · Married on 04/27/2013

Wonderful photographer! We have received so many great comments on our pictures! They are so good and very professional-worked well with all our other vendors as well.

Sent on 09/18/2013

Nathan and Cecilee were a dynamic duo for my daughter's wedding on June 10 at the Cotton Dock at Boone Hall Plantation. She wanted her pictures to tell her story and they so accomplished everything she wanted and more. The price was amazing. I work for two photographers in NC and I know what photographers charge for weddings and they were very reasonable. Quality was absolutely the best and they were so easy to work with throughout the entire process. I would recommend them to anyone planning any event in Charleston. Having two photographers was a great option that most photographers don't offer in our area. The photos were awesome and helped make my daughter's dream wedding come true. Nathan also did her engagement pictures and we couldn't have been more pleased with them also. Great Photographer! Wonderful pictures! Awesome experience!

Sent on 07/04/2016

Laura · Married on 04/20/2013

James did an amazing job capturing our wedding day!! Nathan was very helpful and spent a lot of time helping us choose the photos for our album. The albums turned out great and we even got a few extra surprises with it!! I would highly recommend Richard Bell to anyone!!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Katie · Married on 04/16/2013

Nathan was our photographer for our engagement pictures and our At-Home Reception. From when I first contacted him, Nathan was very prompt and never pressured us to do anything that we didn't want to (which is more than I can say from others that I also contacted). He is such an amazing photographer! I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 06/06/2013

We worked with Wanda from Richard Bell photography for our engagement and wedding day pictures. She's awesome. Very attentive, caring, and creative. Mell was Wanda's second shooter for our wedding. We could not have asked for a better pair of photographers. They have honestly become such great friends. Their work is beautiful!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Mell Bell was my photographer! She is amazing! Wonderful attitude. Very professional! And the photos are simply beautiful. She so creative. She never complained when my family pulled her in different directions for pictures. She gracefully captured it all with a smile.
    Additionally, I looked at about 15 Charleston area photographers. Richard Bell Photography had the best, most reasonably priced, most creative and well published photos for bridal and wedding packages. I was so lucky to get them to capture my wedding.

Sent on 03/26/2013

Richard Bell Photography is amazing! We worked with Wanda and we can't say enough great things about her. She is such a fun person and a genius behind the camera! We LOVE our photos and have gotten so many compliments on them.

Sent on 09/12/2013

Carson · Married on 03/02/2013

Mel Bell is the best photographer ever. I would recommend her over anybody.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Amy · Married on 03/02/2013

I was very pleased with Richard Bell Photography. For years (even before I was engaged), I wanted this photographer. The first thing I had booked was the photographer. The pictures that captured our day were amazing, absolutely breath-taking. I am so thankful to have such stunning photos to show our children one day. I will definitely use Richard Bell again. I am already planning the baby announcements (for a baby that yet exists) features the pictures taken by Mell Bell. Thank you all for your services! They have captured the details of the wedding in a way, I feel, few actually could.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Nathan Bell with Richard Bell Photography captured EXACTLY what we wanted!!! Can't say enough for his creative and innovative shots.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Carson · event on: 02/12/2013

Mel is the bomb. Makes it so fun.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Joanne · Married on 10/27/2012

I used Richard Bell photography for my boudoir pictures and for our wedding pictures and we couldn't be happier! I had so much fun with Mell Bell during my boudoir pictures! Mell Bell and Nathan Bell were both amazing to work with. They had a way of putting you at ease at a time when emotions are high! Also, the day of my wedding dawned overcast and the plan to take pictures outside under the Oak trees didn't pan out. Nathan was wonderful. He redirected the bridal party and took gorgeous pictures at the Meeting Street Inn. The wedding pictures turned out amazing and I have received countless compliments on them! I will definitely use Richard Bell photography for any future photo sessions. I highly recommend Richard Bell Photography!

Sent on 12/05/2012

Lori · Married on 09/30/2012

I loved working with Richard Bell Photography. All the photographers are great, personable and professional. We chose Wanda!

Wanda is awesome. We loved getting to know her at the engagement session, bridal portraits and wedding! Our photos were beautiful, unique, and captured our personalities! I get compliments all the time. I am so glad I have such beautiful memories (and lots of good times taking the photos!!)

Sent on 10/28/2012

Mariah · Married on 09/08/2012

My husband and I did both our engagement and wedding photos with Mell Bell from Richard Bell and could not have been happier. For those of us who are not professional models having your photos taken for hours can be a bit tough and even a little awkward. Mell made the process super fun and easy - she is very laid back and makes you feel very comfortable during the process. My husband who dragged his feet on doing engagement photos was actually excited to do pictures on our wedding day after seeing Mell's amazing work - trust me getting the groom excited to stand for hours on end taking photos is testament enough to Mell's abilities. On top of that her photos are AMAZING. All we get is compliments on our photos and not the customary pleasantries - people go out of their way to rave about the photos. I cannot recommend Mell enough - and if you are still a bit skeptical - "like" the Richard Bell page on Facebook to see all of the amazing photos they are constantly posting!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Matthew · Married on 07/08/2012

We had our wedding at Magnolia Plantation and decided to use Richard Bell Photography. We also used them for our engagement photos so we knew they did amazing work. But we never imagined that our wedding photos would come out as great as they did. Both Nathan and Mel are the nicest couple and really make you feel so at ease and comfortable. They have an amazing eye for wonderful photos and do not take forever getting them done. The price you pay for their pictures are worth every single penny and we plan to use them again in the future!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Julie · Married on 06/16/2012

Nathan Bell of Richard Bell Photography did an EXCELLENT job at my wedding. We were married out of state and he traveled to our venue. He is extremely professional and talented. He is nicknamed the "ninja photographer" because he is not seen! That is completely true. We only saw him a few times and the guests commented on how professional he was as well. I have been to weddings where it can become a "photo shoot". The pictures that we have seen to date are PHENOMENAL. He has shot weddings of my sisters as well and did an awesome job. HIGHLY recommend this photographer in the Charleston area and beyond. Worth the penny for all services.

Sent on 07/02/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/27/2012

Nathan was amazing! The pics from our wedding were beautiful, creative, and perfect. He also did our engagement photos and those were equally wonderful. He is a joy to work with!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Melissa · Married on 03/31/2012

I could not be more pleased with Richard Bell Photography!! Our photographer was Nathan, and he did a wonderful job! He was very friendly and professional. He showed up on time (after driving 2+ hours to get there!) and did everything I asked. And the pictures he took of my wedding day are absolutely beautiful!! Everyone on staff at RBP that i've spoken with have all been super nice. Any time I had a question, they ALWAYS got back to me in a timely manner (I do a lot of my communicating via e-mail). They sent me a Christmas card and a Thank You note after my wedding thanking me for my business. As someone who works in the customer service industry, these little things go a very long way. I can not wait to get my pictures... they turned out so great!! It is a little on the pricey side, but I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. I definitely wanted to splurge on the photography for my wedding day, and I don't regret a single penny of it! I only wish that I lived closer to Charleston so I could use them for any photography needs I have in the future. And did I mention that the pictures are FANTASTIC?!?! If you are looking for a photographer for your special day, you will not be disappointed with Richard Bell Photography!!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Gina · Married on 02/18/2012

We had Mell Bell as our primary photographer and Wanda as her assistant on the day of the wedding. Mell is super easy to work with, and I didn't feel pressured to be away from the festivities taking a ton of pics, yet, I know she has a TON of great pictures. I love the artistic nature of their photos, but also that they do the traditional shots too.

Sent on 02/28/2012
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 12/30/2011

Mell Bell rocks! Best photographer ever. Absolutely no regrets! HIGHLY recommend :)

Sent on 12/31/2011
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 10/15/2011

Nathan was our photographer at Richard Bell Photography and he was very professional and easy to work with. I was so nervous to do our engagement photo shoot as I always think they are so cheesy but he made us feel so comfortable and it showed in our photos. They were amazing!

On the day of the wedding he was on time and had a 2nd photographer with him. He was able to capture the most amazing photos and I don't remember him ever being there! The day was a blur but I'm so thankful that he was our photographer because I have the best photos to document the happiest day of my life. It's been about 9 months from when I got married but I literally go back at least once a week and look at the pictures, they're that good!

Nathan and his team are very professional and easy to work with. They're passionate about what they do and it shows in their amazing work. I recommend them to anyone looking to get married or take any kind of pictures! You can never go back and re-do your wedding so I recommend you book yourself with someone who is going to deliver excellence, and Richard Bell Photography does that.

Sent on 07/09/2012