Richard Bell Photography Reviews

Richard Bell Photography 3
Richard Bell Photography 4
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 10/12/2013

After we got engaged, finding a photographer was on the top of our list. With Charleston being so popular I did a lot of research on the best photographers in the area. Richard Bell Photography kept popping up! From the moment I contacted them they have been an absolute pleasure. They responded to my email within the same day. We met within a week or two to go through what their style is and how everything works. They have a great studio out on Daniel Island. It is very comfortable and inviting.

Mell Bell was our lead photographer. She is beyond fabulous! She is so talented and she is so great at what she does. There is a lot that goes on outside of just taking the pictures. She cares about her clients and wants to create whatever they have envisioned. She did a fabulous job with our engagement photos. Even though we shot on the hottest day of the year the photos turned out beautiful. They actually brought me to tears when I first saw them. :)

We did a lot of coordination before the wedding and let me tell you how important this is. Richard Bell Photography has this stuff down to a science! They are extremely helpful in planning out the photos before and after the ceremony.

Mell Bell did our welcome reception which was the night before our wedding. She captured exactly what we asked for. All the special moments along with all family and friends that were enjoying the weekend!
    On our wedding day, we had both Mell Bell and Wanda. Again... we had nothing but the best! Mell and Wanda were so perfect with everyone throughout the weekend. We have heard nothing but great things from our families and friends that watched them work! Our photos turned out incredibly well! They all have incredible talent and I continue to say that choosing Richard Bell Photography was the best decision I made in our wedding planning!

Sent on 01/09/2014

Richard Bell exceeded all my expectations. They were prompt, responsive, knowledgeable and worked with my budget. I never had any doubt they would do a fantastic job. For a control freak such as myself, it was great to have total trust in my photographer. My friends all said these were the most beautiful wedding pictures they had ever seen, and I agree!

Sent on 02/12/2014
  • caseymercer7@gmail.com

Casey · Married on 10/05/2013

Choosing Wanda with Richard Bell Photography to be our event photographer was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding! We used Wanda for our engagement pictures a year before our wedding and were impressed right from the beginning! She made us feel comfortable and was professional but her bubbly personality made us feel at ease. Any possible questions that I had that came up
    During our long 18 month engagement, Wanda was always very quick to respond. On the day of the wedding, we were running behind getting ready but Wanda didn't sweat it or make us feel rushed! She got some other shots while we were finishing up and some of them are my favorites! During the wedding ceremony and reception, many of my guests said that they didn't even notice her or her assistant sneaking through the crowd to get the great pictures which is what I call the epitome of professionalism. Our photos turned out absolutely beautiful and we truly couldn't be happier! Thanks Wanda!!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Nathan was a pleasure to work. We are constantly receiving compliments on how wonderful the pictures were and what a great job Nathan did.

Sent on 02/02/2014

Elon · Married on 10/04/2013

We had the honor of having Mell Bell do our engagement photos. She was the sweetest and most talented photographer ever! She made my fiance and I feel so comfortable for our first professional pictures taken with each other and she had so many good ideas and suggestions for each photo. The photos turned out absolutely amazing!!!! We couldn't have been any happier with her work. Highly recommend Richard Bell Photography for any of your photography needs!!! Thank you guys again so much!!!! -Elon and Justin

Sent on 10/06/2013
  • Adrienne

Adrienne · Married on 09/28/2013

Wanda with Richard Bell Photography did my wedding and engagement session and I am so happy with the outcome. During the entire process, Wanda was always quick to respond to emails, and although she had a number of other weddings, she always had time to speak with me when I had questions. She was very professional and timely and made me and my husband feel so comfortable during all the sessions. And the photos were AMAZING!!! So many cool angles and lighting that I would have never thought of. Of the Richard Bell Photography photographers, Wanda's price package is third (out of 4 photographers) which means she is a little less expensive than Nathan and Mel...but I don't know why because her photos are just as good if not better!

Sent on 10/15/2013

kristen · Married on 09/28/2013

Nathan and Kayla were a phenomenal team for tackling our Dunes West wedding! They were both there early and ready to go..even before we were. They were able to capture moments that I honestly dont even remember as well as the personalities of the wedding party and guests.

I have gotten so many compliments about the wedding and engagement pictures RBP took. Multiple people have told me that they are THE BEST wedding photos they have ever seen and I must agree!

Everyone at RBP is so kind and willing to work with you on what you would like. Such a wonderful experience.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2013

Working with Richard Bell Photography along with Nate and James was a dream come true. Nate traveled to Maryland twice; once for my engagement photos in the middle of winter and then for our wedding day. Nate posted a few of my photos from both engagement and wedding photos on facebook and on RBP web page with in days after we met. We have had nothing but wonderful compliments on all the photos he picked to share. What a wonderful company to work with. Nate and his team made our day special and everything we wanted and more.

It has been less than 3 months since our wedding and I am holding my album in hand and wrapping my parent albums to give for Christmas gifts. I look forward to working with Richard Bell Photography again one day soon and would recommend everyone to them.

Sent on 12/12/2013

Mell was a joy to work with. She kept us on task throughout the planning process and up until the week of the wedding we were changing and adding things and she always made it seem like it was no big deal. She was such a calming force and the preview pictures she posted on Facebook are so gorgoeus... I can't wait for the finished album. Mell and her assistant Mike were everywhere, worked tirelessly and I know from the pictures before the ceremony, during, in between all the way to the 'send off' that I am grateful that she was able to work with us. Thanks Mell!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Nathan was wonderful to work with. He has a great eye and creates beautiful pictures. Nathan was easy to work with, responsive, and very accommodating to my schedule. He and his staff were very professional and I couldn't be happier with all of photos. His services are pricey, but worth every penny! You won't be disappointed with this service. I would highly recommend Nathan to capture your big day!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Wanda and Mell make a wonderful team. Their work is so unique and artistic. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/07/2013

Leslie · Married on 09/06/2013

Wanda and Mell are outstanding. They took so much interest in doing the best work possible to make our day special. I can't say enough about how special these people are. I met them at a bridal show. Through engagement and bridal portraits, these ladies became friends who were truly interested in capturing the special moments of my day.

I have had so many compliments on all of my pictures. My memorable day was documented by two amazingly talented ladies. They take so much pride in their work. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/01/2013

My husband and I could not be more pleased with Richard Bell Photography. Nathan Bell and Wanda Cavazos were on time, extremely professional and just an all around pleasure to work with. They have such an eye and and ease of style that makes everything a breeze. Also, they blended in to the event, yet got every shot we could have imagined. We are blown away by the caliber of these two photographers. I picked Richard Bell Photography because I knew they were the best- I had seen their work and had no doubt I would not be let down, and I was even more satisfied than I thought possible. Every moment was captured from the time we started until our farewell! We could not have asked for a more perfect day and photographers! Thank you so much Nathan and Wanda!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Wanda was amazing to work with and took such beautiful pictures. We highly recommend Richard Bell Photography!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Nathan is so creative and really takes amazing wedding photos!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Mandy · Married on 06/29/2013

Mell and her team are OUTSTANDING. If you are swaying between two photographers, I hope this note convinces you RBP is the way to go. Mell's motto is "if you don't look good, I don't look good," so you know she's working hard to get the perfect picture every time! Book them today. You won't regret it- they'll perfectly capture the beauty of your special day.

Loren · Married on 06/22/2013

Richard Bell Photography was wonderful to work with for our wedding photography! Wanda and Mell shot our wedding and they made it such a blast. They were very easy to work with and flexible! They took all the pictures we wanted and more! They are very creative. They made the whole process extremely fun and relaxed!

Sent on 09/12/2013

Anna · Married on 06/21/2013

Very creative and very easy to work with! We got so many compliments on our photographs! We were very impressed as well!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Leanne · Married on 06/16/2013

Absolutely the very best part of my wedding. Any of the photographers at Richard Bell would be a fantastic choice and I cannot say enough about the quality of their work or their friendliness, professionalism, and responsiveness. Mell made our day perfect.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Lori · Married on 06/16/2013

Fun to work with. Great eye for unique and creative pictures. Very sweet and friendly.

Sent on 09/09/2013

I had the luxury of having Richard Bell Photography shoot our wedding in Key West Florida last June. Nathan did an unbelievable job, capturing every important moment, while making us all look flawless on a 90 degree South Florida day ;). I live in NYC, with RBP based in Charleston, so I was a little concerned at first at how the editing process would go. From what I understood, you went to the photographers editing studio, and spent hours together mining through your photo favorites. Since that wasn't an option for us, Nathan set up remote editing sessions with me - where we conducted our meetings via WebEx; it worked out brilliantly! Nathan and his team are so quick to respond via email, so between email exchanges, and our webex/phone sessions, we ended up with the most exquisite album. I couldn't be happier with my experience in working with Richard Bell, and I would recommend them to anyone who is in need of a talented and professional photography team.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Mell and Nathan Bell of Richard Bell Photography did a phenomenal job on my wedding photography! I am forever grateful for their talent and for documenting one of the best days of my life. Thank you so much again! We love you two!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Absolutely wonderful!! Both photographers were fun and easy to work with, and the pictures are gorgeous!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Richard Bell photography shot our engagement photos as well as our wedding day. They were very responsive and our pictures were amazing! We get so many compliments from our family and friends about how they were the best photos they have ever seen! MellBell and Wanda took their time and really photographed all our details, and captured our big moments during the wedding and reception. She makes you feel comfortable and you don't have to worry about a thing - they handle it all! Which is saying a lot when both bride/groom parents are divorced so we had twice the amount of family photos to organize!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Abby · Married on 05/21/2013

Wanda, Mell, Nathan & Georgia were a pleasure to work with. Wanda & Mell were the photographers for our special day & these ladies went above & beyond! They were so helpful throughout the planning process especially since it was a destination wedding. It is without any hesitation we would recommend having anyone from Richard Bell be a part of your wedding or any other special event!

Sent on 09/21/2013