Richard Bell Photography Reviews

Richard Bell Photography 2
Richard Bell Photography 3
Richard Bell Photography 4

Lesley · Married on 04/08/2016

The folks at RBP really don't need yet another FIVE STAR review as their work speaks for itself! I couldn't, however, resist the urge to say just how wonderful Mell and Wanda were on our special day. Not only are they sweet and quirky, but we never really noticed they were there despite getting TONS of photos! I am a plus size bride with a lot of hangups about my appearance and Mell and Wanda managed to photograph me in a way I've never imagined. They did not miss a single shot throughout the day and truly managed to tell our story through photos that will last a lifetime. I can't wait to get our album and eventually book a boudoir session with their sister company, Mellbella!

Sent on 05/02/2016

They were absolutely AMAZING!!! We used Wanda as our photographer and could not be happier with how our pictures turned out and how great she was on our wedding day and the days leading up to the wedding. Nathan met with us prior to the wedding and answered all our questions and made sure we got exactly what we wanted. Wanda did the same as well to make sure our wedding day was perfect and on schedule!! I would absolutely 100% say that it was worth every penny using them. You cannot re-do wedding pictures so splurge on pictures and make sure that they are amazing because it really is worth it.

Sent on 09/15/2016

My fiancé and I live in Charleston, but we are getting married out of state. We wanted to have our engagement pictures taken in Charleston and we loved the style of Richard Bell Photography. Mell Bell was our photographer and she was phenomenal! She made us feel so comfortable and took gorgeous pictures! Shortly after our session she posted a "sneak peek" on Facebook that we could share with our family and friends and we had our edited pictures in about a week. I can not recommend Richard Bell Photography highly enough, we have received so many compliments on our pictures and I know they will be proudly displayed in our home for many years to come!

Sent on 03/09/2015

Jordan · Married on 10/17/2015

Richard Bell Photography has one of the best reputations in Charleston for a reason! Let me just say Wanda Cavazos EXCEEDED any & all expectations! I can't even begin to describe her talent as she left me speechless. She is willing to do whatever it takes to get the shot (like climbing in trees despite allergies). Obviously her talent for photography is incredible, but she's also patient in giving pose instructions. If you want BEAUTIFUL photos, belly laughs & an amazing experience, Wanda Cavazos at Richard Bell is your woman!

Sent on 10/25/2015

When beginning to plan my wedding, the most important aspect to me was the photography. I wanted to make sure we had someone great who would capture the memories perfectly. That's why we chose Richard Bell Photography. I never had a doubt that they would do an amazing job, from looking through their previous work, and sitting down with them. They are genuinely nice and easy to talk to. On the day of the wedding, we found out that our photographer, James, was unfortunately unable to be there because of a car accident, but Nathan jumped in happily and without any issue and we didn't have to worry about anything! We just recently got our photos back, and I am blown away!!! Everything is even more wonderful than I had imagined it would be! Every little detail of our wedding is shown so magically in their photos! I could not be happier! Our wedding is even being published on a wedding blog thanks to Richard Bell Photography's amazing work!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Joseph · Married on 07/04/2015

After I proposed to my wife, a friend of mine at work told me not to skimp on the photographer as you need a good photographer to capture the day. I started looking for photographers online and I started noticing the best photos had a Richard Bell Photography watermark. We made an appointment and met Wanda and without meeting other photographers we signed a contract that day. Our photographers were Wanda and Mel. Our engagement photos were great, and our wedding photos were just finished. Now begins the selection process! Even though the package we chose was a bit pricey, I feel it was money well spent.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/27/2015

Richard Bell photography is worth every penny. Everyone is fantastic, and your pictures will be amazing. Wanda and Ed captured every moment from our wedding making it unforgettable. Our pictures turned out amazing, and we love looking through our wedding album over and over again.

Sent on 12/05/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/19/2015

James was such a pleasure to work with. He met with us prior to the day to give us a what to expect session. This ensured the big day went so smoothly! I would use them again!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Andrea · Married on 06/19/2015

Our daughter hired Richard Bell Photographers for her wedding June 19, 2015. James and Chuck were our photographers. Great guys. Never stopped entire evening. They were everywhere. Earned their money plus some. Never in the way as so many photographers are. They were out of sight but right in the action. We are so anxious to see the pictures. So glad she chose them.
    Thanks, James and Chuck for helping to make the wedding perfect!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Kyla · Married on 06/14/2015

Being one of the only vendors who can provide lasting memories from your wedding day, excellent quality photos are crucial. Richard Bell Photography can be trusted to take a large volume of absolutely gorgeous photos that will send you back in time to one of the most important days of your life! James and Rachel are friendly and great at what they do. I never felt like they were in the way and yet they were all over the place capturing great photos of the smallest details of the day. I hope my husband and I have an occasion to use them again because we know we would get all that we hoped and paid for & then some!!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Ciara · Married on 06/05/2015

James and Phillips were so much fun to work with! They made taking pictures in the Charleston heat fun and easy. We have only seen our sneak peek but are already in love with our pictures, they did such an amazing job!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Debbie · Married on 05/24/2015

I cannot possibly articulate how amazing I think Wanda and Mel are! Both of my daughters are being married this year. Wanda shot an engagement session last fall for us and then Mel and Wanda jointly shot a bridal session this spring. Wanda and Chuck shot the first wedding several weeks ago. THE PHOTOGRAPHS ARE AMAZING. They are all so very, very talented. They are also such very nice people as well. RBP staff are very experienced and incredibly talented. They quickly sent us sneak peaks after each event and we had access to our proofs within just a couple of weeks after each event. I look forward to continuing to work with them as we design the first wedding album and begin to plan for the second. We HIGHLY recommend RBP!!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Brian · Married on 05/21/2015

Nathan Bell at Richard Bell Photography is an amazing photographer. We were married at Magnolia Plantation and in reviewing Nathan's previous work online it was obvious that Nathan really knows and understands Magnolia. Working with Nathan was great and he is very professional and easy going. We love all the preview shots he has shared from our wedding and we anxiously await the final book. Everyone who attended the wedding and seen the preview shots are amazed with the stunning photographs and just rave about his professionalism. We highly recommend Nathan Bell and Richard Bell Photography to anyone getting married in the Charleston, SC area.

Sent on 05/29/2015

Nathan and Sol were both great! The pictures are absolutely amazing and they were so great to work with.

Sent on 05/30/2015

Erin · Married on 05/02/2015

Where do I begin? Wanda Cavazos is simply amazing. She has the ability to make even the most camera shy people turn out gorgeous on film. I honestly don't know how she does it. She did our engagement shots at Boone Hall Plantation which were stunning, my bridal portraits at Magnolia Plantation which were gorgeous, and our wedding photos which I will cherish for the rest of my life. We had so many photos that we LOVED that it was almost impossible to choose which ones to print. That is probably why our house is covered in them! The book that we ordered of the wedding photos is the highest quality wedding book I have ever seen. I am so happy that our parents chose this option for us to have forever.

If you go to any of the bridal shows in Charleston, you need to go by their booth and check them out. Hiring Richard Bell Photography was the easiest and best decision we made of all of our wedding vendors. After all, if you are going to spend the money for a wedding, you will want to have those memories captured forever.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Kristin · Married on 04/25/2015

We had a great experience with Richard Bell - Mell was very easy to work with and made us feel really comfortable. They also submitted our wedding photos to several websites to be published which makes us so excited!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Karilyn · Married on 03/28/2015

Amazing photographers and great customer service! James was our lead photographer and did an amazing job! The entire staff at RB is great.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Hillary · Married on 02/14/2015

Not enough words to explain the wonderful experience with this crew with my bridal portraits and our wedding. Mell Bell, Wanda, and Sol were over the top amazing and creative! They were a blast through it all. This crew is professional, personable and supportive in every way and go beyond to deliver your own vision. Amazing!

Sent on 02/19/2015

Heidi · Married on 10/31/2014

I absolutely love them! Best photographers in charleston and that I've had the pleasure of working with . I'm beyond happy with everything they did . Your missing out if you don't use them as your photographers . I will most curtainly always go back to them and recommend everyone use them .

Sent on 03/25/2015

Christina · Married on 09/12/2014

There are no words to express my gratitude for Nathan and Mell Bell. They are both incredibly talented as well as amazing, fun people. I thoroughly enjoyed being around them during the wedding. The wedding pictures exceeded all my expectations and left me breathless. They were able to capture every moment flawlessly. I am so grateful for the quality and effort both Nathan and Mell Bell put into every picture. I now have these perfect pictures for the rest of my lifetime. You two truly love what you do and it shows! I am so lucky to have found you!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Nathan and James captured our destination wedding and the pictures are absolutely stunning! We cannot thank them enough for their exceptional work. We are so thankful that we had booked Richard Bell Photography to capture all the special moments at our wedding. They are extremely professional and very accommodating. We are blown away by their talent. The pictures are truly magical! We highly recommend their services.

Sent on 09/06/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/16/2014

Ahhh! Nathan is an amazing photographer! We just got our photos this week and they are incredible! He was great to work with and he had everything down to a science to keep things running smoothly on the wedding day! Our wedding guests were noting how inconspicuous the photographers were during both the ceremony and reception. Although his services are expensive, it was worth every penny for us!

Sent on 08/24/2014

Joseph · Married on 08/09/2014

I don't even know where to begin with this but our Photographer Nathan has proven to me that he was worth every penny. When my wife first came to me about the cost of this company I about passed out and really tried to push her to move to a cheaper company. SO GLAD WE DIDNT! Nathan is THE MAN! the pictures he took of us on our big day were unbelievable. We literally wanted every single one of them (1,015 photographs). I never expected these to be as good as they are. I dont know how he did it but he managed to capture the feelings, expressions, and energy of each and every moment of our wedding from start to finish. Our friends have gone through our album and said "I wish we had pictures like this, they put our photos to shame". Great guy, great company, great investment, and would highly recommend him to anyone looking to get married in the Charleston area!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Tori · Married on 07/05/2014

We were so blessed to have the opportunity to work with Mell from Richard Bell Photography! She shot my bridal portraits and our wedding day photography, and I have no words to describe how amazing and talented this woman is! I looked at photos taken by the other photographers on this team and they are all just incredible. On our wedding day we had Mell and Wanda shooting, and they were both so fun, nice, and down to earth. I could have not have asked for better people to work with or more perfect pictures of our special day!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Tori · Married on 06/28/2014

They were very flexible with the weather for bridal portraits and extremely helpful and professional on our wedding day. Pictures turned out AMAZING!! Thank you all for making our day unforgettable!

Sent on 09/06/2014