Ribald Events Reviews

29 | Rock Hill, SC

29 Reviews for Ribald Events

4.2
      3.5

Ribald will be decorating my reception and so far they have been professional, patient despite my nervousness and have worked with my budget

Sent on 12/05/2014

Nikki · Married on 04/29/2017

3.8
      3.5

I rented two columns and three lanterns from them. I was not sure exactly what I was looking for when I contacted them. I just knew I needed something for my ceremony to add something to where we would be standing. They responded quick, and at first worked with me to figure out what I needed. They sent me pictures of a couple items, but when I did not know exactly what I wanted they were a little rude at time and stopped responding to all of my questions. They were also not very flexible in pick up and drop off times which was difficult for me because their hours are within the times I work and I didn't want to pay more in delivery fees than I was paying to rent the items. When I went to pick them up I was there right at 9am when they opened because it was the day before the wedding and I had a ton of things to do. The woman there seemed to be in a bad mood, and when I got the lanterns they were covered in dust.

Sent on 05/04/2017

Caitlin · Married on 05/25/2019

Unresponsive

In an industry where first impressions mean everything, Ribald Events failed to make a good one. I, like some other brides who have reviewed this company, was excited to meet with them because they offered florals, rentals, and were close to my venue. After my initial consultation on October 24th, I was told it would take two weeks to receive my quotes. At seven weeks after the consultation, I still never received anything.

I’d like to point out that I had my initial consultation during a very busy season for them, which is why I was more than patient in waiting for them to send the quote. My experiences with Ribald Event staff was very pleasant and they understood that, with each week that passed, I was becoming more and more frustrated with the lack of communication.

Below, is an outline of my experiences:
    • Wednesday, October 24th — Initial consultation with Shawna (which I took time off of work and traveled 3 hours round trip for). Initial proposal was verbally promised in two weeks (November 7th). I remember specifically because I marked the date in my phone as I left.
    • Thursday, November 8th — Initial follow-up via email asking about the status of my proposal. I received no response.
    • Tuesday, November 13th — Follow-up via phone asking about the status of my proposal. I finally received an email from Shawna stating it typically takes three weeks (different from the initial communication) to get proposals to brides. She also stated she was shooting to have the proposals over to me by the end of the week (Friday, November 16th).
    • Wednesday, November 21st — Follow-up via email. No response.
    • Tuesday, November 27th — Follow-up via email. No response.
    • Friday, November 30th — Called and spoke with Shawna on the phone. She said she was looking at my folder on her desk and that she should have them over to me that day—at the latest on Monday. We even set up a phone meeting for the following Thursday at noon to discuss the quotes.
    • Tuesday, December 4th — Called and spoke with Allison. Shawna was out with the flu. I was told not to expect any quotes that week.
    • Monday, December 10th — Follow-up via email. No response back.
    • Tuesday, December 11th — Follow-up via phone. Shawna is out. No word on proposals. Followed up via email to Shawna stating my disappointment and stated that I expected to have my quotes by Wednesday (which marked seven weeks exactly from my consultation).
    • Thursday, December 13th — Follow-up via phone. Shawna was out. I called after hours and left a message asking Shawna to please return my call.
    • Friday, December 14th — Finally spoke with Shawna and she expressed that, since they had already frustrated me so much, that they did not want to start a relationship with a bride based on distrust, which I agreed with.

I hesitate to post this because Shawna and I have differing opinions on why I was frustrated with this process. She felt I was frustrated with her being out of the office with the flu, but that was not the case. I was frustrated with the fact that I had been promised something by her company more than three times with no follow through. She stated that they were short staffed during a busy season and that her staff needed some time off. That is completely understandable, which is why I was patient enough to wait around for my quotes from them for more than six weeks. Now, I have wasted time that could’ve been spent proceeding with another vendor. I really wanted to give Ribald Events the benefit of the doubt, but they had multiple opportunities to make things right and failed to do so each time. As a result, we did not end up meshing. No matter how small a business is, it should not take weeks to respond to an email or phone call.

As a potential client, I was disappointed in my treatment by the company and the owner, Shawna, so I would not recommend them. I write this to hopefully save other brides with full-time jobs who are planning weddings in their free time, so they do not waste valuable planning time pursuing a company that will string them along with empty promises.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Cynde M. · Married on 10/27/2018

Disappointing

At first the relationship with Ribald was great. I really thought Shawna was invested in seeing that my daughter's dream for her wedding would come true. Fast forward to the day of the wedding. The flowers were terribly late, and when they did arrive they came in piece mill. After repeated calls to Ribald we we were told that if we would just stop calling they could get something done. The groomsmen did not get their boutonnieres until 5 minutes before they walked down the isle. The vases the flowers were in for the church did not fit on the wall they were suppose to sit on. My coordinator fixed that problem by taking them out of the vases and arranging them by themselves. All the while guest were all ready arriving. Had the flowers arrived on time, this could have been avoided. The corsages for the grooms mother and myself were suppose to be wrist corsages. They came has pin on's and the MOG would not wear hers because of the fabric of her dress. Now go to the reception. We rented a dance floor from Ribald. Several people tripped over it as they were coming in, then one of our guest tripped, cut her head open, fractured her elbow and had to be taken out on a gurney. The reception venue employees had to tape the dance floor down so no one else would trip. All while the guest were walking around. The sad part about all of this is... we were their only wedding that day. Shawna never showed the day of the wedding, never called to explain or apologize to me or my daughter. On top of that, their insurance company is ignoring my guests insurance claims.Read Less

Sent on 02/18/2019