15 Reviews for RI Weddings by the Sea

4.2

Michael is your man if you want to have a great time at your wedding. He's an absolute pleasure to work with. My husband David and I were just married by Michael on 9/26/15 in Newport at the Newport Marriott. From the first time I talked to him on the phone through our wedding day I knew he was the right person for us. We had so much fun, we laughed, we cried and laughed some more. During the reception my guest were coming up to my hisband and I asking how long we had been frineds with Michael. We had to tell people that we had just met Michael and that he was just really good at making us feel comfortable that we felt like we had known him for years. He truly was the best at keeping me calm keeping me sane during this process. Michael thank you from the bottom of my heart. You made my wedding day dreams come true. You did become a freind and I thank you

Mrs Tanya Hebert

Profile Picture tanya, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We found Michael Kelleher (Weddings by the Sea) on Thumbtack and we could not have been more happy with his services. We live in Texas so we spoke on the phone with Michael before making our decision. We both instantly liked him. Michael was easy going and walked us through the whole process from beginning to end. He is a seasoned professional and I felt 100% confident that he would make sure our ceremony was successful. Michael did not attend our rehearsal ceremony but that didn't make a difference at all. He arrived early on the day of and spent some time with both myself and my husband to ensure he knew the ceremony order and to ask any questions.

All of my guests loved Michael and his personality. We really wanted our ceremony to be personal but still light-hearted and that is exactly what we got. It was perfection. If you are searching for an officiant, contact Michael!

Profile Picture Cassie, 9/5/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I could not have been any happier with our decision to have Michael kelleher as our wedding officiant. He responded to all of our questions almost immediately, he was friendly, pleasant, and thorough. We were more than pleased with his ceremony. Our guests enjoyed his personality just As much as we did. I recommend him to anyone. He was great. What more can I say. Kara and Don

Profile Picture Kara , 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are both so happy we picked Michael Kelleher from RI Weddings by the Sea to officiate our ceremony on 6.6.15! From the very beginning he was so helpful with the whole process and even delivered our marriage license for us so we wouldn't have to worry about it after the wedding. He gave us lots of ceremony styles to choose from and the option to create our own - which is what we did. Michael was clear-spoken, caring, and funny. Our guests loved him and we got so many compliments on the ceremony and the mood he set throughout - it was like he had known my husband and I since the day we started dating. I would highly recommend him to any couple looking to tie the knot!

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Michael was absolutely fantastic for our wedding. We knew he would be a wonderful addition to our wedding! He was extremely helpful and responsive. He helped with setting up our vows and readings and went over everything two weeks prior to our wedding. He even gave really great helpful suggestions for our ceremony site. I highly recommend Michael!

Profile Picture Ashley , 5/25/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Michael was awesome and a true professional! He helped us create our dream wedding. He was so easy to get in touch with. We had lots of questions, he did not hesitate to call or write back immediately. At our meeting with Michael, we were totally at ease in creating the readings for our ceremony.
On the day of our ceremony, Michael arrived early making sure that everything was going according to plan. He made us feel totally at ease. All our guests commented how Michael truly captured our personalities and it seemed like he knew us our entire lives!

Profile Picture Margo , 11/11/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Michael made the ceremony memorable. He put both of us at ease during a nervous time and directed everything behind the scenes before it started. He shows up early to meet with your vendors. And directs the groomsmen, guests, and groom before the ceremory. He writes each ceremony to be unique to the couple and keeps things both light hearted and touching. I have been complimented by everyone on how special and amazing my ceremony was.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/1/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Michael was a pleasure to work with. He did a wonderful job helping us plan the perfect wedding ceremony. He provided us with ideas for readings and was prompt and extremely professional.

Profile Picture Jenny, 6/11/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Don't let the name fool you- Michael Kelleher actually travels all over Rhode Island and did a wonderful job for our ceremony! We met with Michael last fall and liked his personality immediately- he was laid back and funny and clearly very experienced with wedding ceremonies. He had lots of ideas to personalize our ceremony to fit our style and was happy to work in whatever we wanted to do. He sent me lots of examples of ceremony formats and readings and was available for any questions I had. Shortly before the wedding, I sent him our list of readings, and our timeline of events, along with a few requests for a theme. He put everything together perfectly for us! Michael doesn't do rehearsals- he assures you there is no need- and he really guides the show on the day of! He walked us flawlessly through an exchange of roses and a blessing of the hands and kept the whole ceremony to within 25 minutes (exactly as he predicted.) Also, I know he does a lot of weddings each weekend, but we never once felt rushed and he never once mixed up a name or confused us with one of his other couples. Highly professional service, I definitely recommend using Michael Kelleher for your wedding!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/11/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mike was a fantastic officiant. There was a question as to where we would be holding our marriage ceremony. My husband called him a few times before the big day and Mike gave us some great ideas for locations as we were not from the area. Mike was right on time and was able to chat with us for a few minutes before we got started. He was personable, which was great, because I was really nervous. During the ceremony, Mike read 2 beautiful readings (one from Bob Marley). My friend (one of two of our guests) told me that my wedding was the most beautiful she had ever seen and was very moved by Mike's selections.

Mike was flexible with his time frame and was very patient with us before our actual wedding day. He took time to speak to my husband and returned his calls very promptly. He really is a great guy!

Profile Picture Christina, 4/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mike made our ceremony light-hearted and entertaining. He spoke really loud, which is great, because I was afraid that not everyone would be able to hear him. He did a great job and made both of us feel at ease during the ceremony.

Profile Picture User2311262, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
2.9

We had a small intimate ceremony with less than 40 guests. Michael was very loud, especially if you're standing next to him as the bride and groom. He stood too close to us and even though we had to repeat he insisted on pushing is binder in front of our faces to read along. It made me feel nervous and also led to a few pricey and bad pictures. Very very loud, I wish we had our first officiant when we eloped follow us up to Rhode Island!!

Profile Picture Elena, 10/21/11, 5 Reviews
1.2

We thought we had everything all set with Michael a few weeks ago and we went out of our way to make sure he had access to the beach where we wanted to get married. We filled out our marriage license according to his direction and then called him. He didn't respond for several days and when he finally did (after we pulled many strings to get beach access) he said he wasn't going to do it. Didn't even give us a good reason - just didn't feel like it. I even suggested another public beach with public access that he had previously agreed to in case the first option didn't work and he just said "Nah. I don't want to. Good luck." Then he hung up.

Beware of his nice demeanor and then he changes his mind abruptly. Very rude.

Profile Picture Joe, 8/29/18, 1 Review
0.5

Michael was friendly via email and phone, and gave us lots of great ideas for how to plan our ceremony. As the day got closer, he was more difficult to get in touch with and less flexible in terms of what we wanted to do. On the day of the wedding, he did not bring our vows that were emailed to him ahead of time, demanded payment prior to the ceremony starting (even though the payment was not in the same location as the bride), read several passages we requested him not to, and completely ignored the fact that we were to have music between readings from family members. He joked about the fact that he didn't bring the vows and we had to read generic vows he had pre-printed. After the ceremony, he left out of a back entrance and did not say goodbye, congratulations, or apologize to anyone.

Profile Picture User2012218, 2+ years ago, 1 Review