rhodes bakery Reviews

rhodes bakery 3
rhodes bakery 4
  • Izzy

Izzy H. · Married on 06/23/2019

Caramel cake to die for!

Our wedding cake from Rhodes was beautiful and SO tasty. People absolutely loved it. As always, the Rhodes family was a joy to work with and were kind and sweet.

rhodes bakery 5
    Sent on 08/01/2019

Katy · Married on 04/14/2018

We used Rhodes on Cheshire Bridge for our cake - definitely the best price, don't have to order months in advance and it was exactly what we wanted. Very good too. Highly recommend the pound cake with raspberry filling!

rhodes bakery 6
    Sent on 04/25/2018

Christine · Married on 07/30/2017

Since I was a little girl, I have had just about every birthday cake come from Rhodes'. So, there was no question in who we would use for our cake! My husband and I described to George what we wanted & selected our DREAM flavors (pound cake with raspberry & almond buttercream) on a minimalist 'naked cake'. We have our topper in our freezer- and I cannot wait to enjoy it again - that cake was heavenly!

rhodes bakery 7
    rhodes bakery 8
    Sent on 12/09/2017
  • Shari

Shari · Married on 05/29/2016

My wedding cake turned out so beautiful! They turned my vision into reality. They are also so friendly and professional. Thank you Rhodes Bakery!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Sandy · Married on 05/29/2016

George was awesome to work with - a calm, friendly voice in the madness that is wedding planning - just what we needed!! We did cupcakes, a topper, and a chocolate chip cookie cake for the grooms cake, which was the crowd favorite! I can definitely see why this family business has stayed in business for so many years - personalized, friendly service at a very reasonable price!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Amazing family owned and operated! We enjoyed working with them and will continue to use them for all our bakery needs!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Emily · Married on 08/29/2015

SO helpful! So tasty! SO AWESOME!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Tara · Married on 07/18/2015

Rhodes is AMAZING!! It has always been my favorite bakery so I knew I was going to use them for my wedding and they didn't disappoint. We through them a curve ball and wanted a "naked" cake (something they hadn't done before) but they were up for the challenge and it was DELICIOUS! They also made a beautiful sheet cake to have in the back personalized with little monograms (on each serving for guests).

We also did our favors through them - cheese straws. They packaged them and tied each one with coordinating bows - no additional charge.

Rhodes is amazing. George is the best!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Andrea · Married on 12/13/2014

My cake was beautiful!! The groom's cake exceeded my expectations! The cake was so delicious, the price was unbeatable and George was so sweet and so easy to work with! He helped make my wedding memorable and perfect! So happy I went with a family owned bakery!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Everyone at our wedding LOVED our cake. Rhodes has great prices, prompt delivery, beautiful handiwork and above all... truly delicious cake. Can't go wrong with buttercream and white cake.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Rhodes had been recommended to us by several people, and they were amazing! We got multiple cakes and every single one was beautiful and delicious. Their carrot cake was seriously the best carrot cake I've ever had.

Sent on 08/07/2014

George at Rhodes bakery made the cake search a positive experience. They offer free cake taste testing every Saturday. You get plenty of cake samples to help decide which flavors you want. They also try to accommodate if you have a flavor they don't normally offer. Our cake was delicious and even my husband liked it (he doesn't really like cake). Their prices are also very reasonable.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Cindy · Married on 10/12/2013

Awesome to work with! George Rhodes is great and his cake designer Lanell is quite an artist and sweet as she can be. We were very pleased with our cakes! They both tasted great and were beautiful presentation!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2012

Rhodes Bakery is awesome! George was very helpful because I didn't know exactly what I wanted, but my cake and cupcakes turned out gorgeous! They are very inexpensive and have some of the best cake I've ever tasted. Great family business and a really good atmosphere right when you walk in.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Perryn · Married on 01/08/2011

Rhodes Family Bakery is officially a family tradition! My father used them for his wedding, and we used them for ours. Yummy cakes, laid back tasting, and prices affordable enough to get not just one, but two beautiful cakes. They made a hamburger groom's cake for us that everyone Loved, especially my hubby. :)

Sent on 01/25/2011

Katherine · Married on 09/01/2009

The rhodes bakery was WONDERFUL!! I brought in a design and Sonia worked with it, and it turned out exactly how I envisioned! Not only was it beautiful, but it tasted amazing! Sonia was by far my favorite vendor from our wedding. She was so kind and one of those people who was a joy to get to know. I would recommend the rhodes bakery to anyone!!

Sent on 06/06/2010

Lorene · Married on 06/13/2009

Rhodes is GREAT!! I have used them before for special occasion cakes and have always been happy with the final product. I had planned on using a grocery store cake because of cost, but when I mentioned to my fiance that I had always wanted to use Rhodes he told me to go ahead and see if the cost was comperable. It was actually cheaper!! I was able to get an absolutely beautify wedding cake AND a special order grooms cake for less that the grocery store one would have been.

The cakes were delicious and the grooms cake was the first photo op for most of the guests. The caterers even took pictures of it!

I know where I will be getting all my cakes from now on.

Sent on 06/29/2009
  • F

Leslie · Married on 10/27/2007

My husband's family has been using this bakery for years. So it was no question where our wedding cake would come from. I got my wedding cake and grooms cake from them. They were delicious and they did a great job.

Sent on 05/12/2008

Kellyn · Married on 10/06/2007

I didn't decide on a bakery until the last minute, and Rhodes really saved me there.
    The cake was extrememly delicious (I got the vanilla pound cake with raspberry filling), and both my wedding cake and the grooms cake were beautifully decorated. I couldn't find my husbands school logo for his grooms cake, but rhodes found it online for me and copied it perfectly. I couldnt have asked for a better cake for the price.
    And It was delivered on time!

Sent on 10/19/2007

Lacey · Married on 03/20/2004

We wanted a unique design, but had looked through magazines for inspiration. We tried to go to one bakery with these suggestions and they were unable to meet our request. Rhodes bakery was open to our ideas and made a good-looking and tasty cake. They also made our groom's cake and it was also delicious. Several of our friends have used Rhodes upon our recommendation and from seeing our cakes at our wedding.

Sent on 02/09/2008

Amanda · Married on 09/21/2013

I brought In a picture of a three tiered wedding cake with rustic ruffles around the edges. He said it would be no problem and he delivered! The cake arrived on time And in beautiful condition. I was quoted 850$ at CAkes by Darcy for the same exact cake. We got this one and a separate anniversary cake for less than 300$. Wonderful value for delicious cake. Try the carrot!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 07/13/2012

Best wedding cake ever! Great looking and tasting. They were so easy to work with and they created the perfect cake. Everyone talked about how good it was. Can't wait to use them again for other events.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Laura · Married on 09/18/2008

The cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious. It was the prettiest cake I've ever seen. She worked with me on the size & cost so I could get what I wanted. Everything was perfect

Sent on 05/29/2010

melina · Married on 05/17/2014

We had a nice time sampling cakes from George. He created just what we asked for and made it all delicious too. We had just a bite at the ceremony, so we are anxious to get a smaller cake sample just for us after the honeymoon.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Mary · Married on 03/22/2013

Rhodes Bakery made and delivered our wedding cake! It was a very simple cake (as requested) but was perfect and delicious!

Sent on 10/11/2013