Reverend Steve Reviews

1 User photo

• Olivia
    Olivia H. Married on 06/26/2021

Wonderful!

We met Reverend Steve pre covid for our 2020 wedding and ending up rescheduling twice. Steve was extremely flexible and understanding. He was responsive as well. Our ceremony on 6/26/21 was beautiful. We are extremely happy with our decision to go with him!
    Colin S. Married on 09/03/2018

Overall fantastic Reverend

I have known Steve for a long time and I could not suggest a better person to officiate such a special day.
  • Taylor
    Taylor C. Married on 07/01/2019

Perfect Wedding Day

Reverend Steve was very responsive during all of our communications and planning prior to the wedding. At the rehearsal, he was very open to making the ceremony exactly as we wanted and including parts that were important to us. The ceremony was brief (which we wanted), personalized, and beautiful! It was the perfect wedding. Thank you for your part in it. Reverend Steve!
    Jamie Married on 08/10/2019

VERY Easy to Work With!!

Being that this was our first wedding each, neither my fiance or I knew how what went into a wedding ceremony. Steve met with us and reassured us SEVERAL times that its whatever WE wanted. He was a big advocate for us doing what we wanted on our wedding day, saying what we wanted and including the traditions we wanted. I will admit to being a SLIGHT control freak (please catch my sarcasm!!) So I wrote our whole ceremony. I included some jokes, witty comments and even a few sappy amd sentimental things and hoped for a decent ceremony. And let me tell you, Steve delivered! The day after he had unexpected mouth surgery, Steve officiated our wedding, read through the ceremony with ease and even cracked a few extra jokes! We would absolutely recommend Reverend Steve!!
    Mack Married on 06/21/2018

Stay Away From This Guy!

We wanted a non-religious ceremony so I contacted the local court to find someone but none would preform a wedding onsite due to Covid, so we looked online. When we contacted Reverend Steven Salsbury we told him we wanted a completely non-religious ceremony. He told us, "I probably do twice as many non religious ceremonies so it’s no issue for me." He sent his version of a non-religious ceremony, and it had religious references in it. He then told us we could write our own and he would follow it. Just days prior to our wedding he emailed saying he had lost the script we wrote, so I forwarded him the previous email I had sent him with the attachment. Maybe this was an honest mistake but with everything else, my opinion is; Seriously!?! Did he delete an important document, or does he not know how to use email? We spent weeks writing the script for our ceremony and he did not follow it in order, which caused problems with flow. We wrote it in a specific order for several reasons and he blew it! As he read it from his tablet it sounded like he was doing so for the first time. He also added to the ceremony, including some religious references. He tried to convince us we did not need to sign our marriage license. He even said "you've already signed it." When I asked to see it he agreed that we do need to sign it before he got it open. He was surprised we had an addressed, stamped envelop for the license and asked if the county had provided it. If this was the first time in 30 years he worked with a prepared couple I am shocked because the county clerk, who has had her job 16 years, advised us to have one ready. When anyone asks for a wedding officiant recommendation I will most certainly tell them to stay away from this guy. He was unprofessional, arrogant, and condescending. All in all I felt like I was dealing with a conman. Upon checking the original registered date of his website I found none of the reviews on any website are older then that date. My guess is he started doing weddings around the beginning of 2019. The only two things he did correctly was sign the license and drop it in the mail after I made sure it was properly signed and the envelop was sealed. NEGATIVE 5 STARS!