Reverend Maureen Jeffries Reviews

Reverend Maureen Jeffries 5
Reverend Maureen Jeffries 6
Reverend Maureen Jeffries 7

Alex · Married on 09/24/2016

Our ceremony was beautiful, personal, and fun..all because of Maureen! We couldn't have had a better wedding!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Karen · Married on 09/24/2016

Reverend Jeffries is warm and calming. She took the time to really understand my son and daughter in law as a couple which made the ceremony feel so real. It was as if she had known them for many, many years. She incorporated the parents into the ceremony by having us write a letter which she shared parts of. It was so special not only to the bride and groom, but everyone that was there to celebrate with them. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND REVEREND JEFFRIES!!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Mollie · Married on 08/20/2016

Reverend Maureen was absolutely perfect! Not only did Maureen take the time to get to know us, she gave us wonderful questions that helped us explore what marriage means to us as a couple and helped us to write our vows. She truly wanted to get to know us as a couple, to write a ceremony that fit our values and love for each other. She was always happy, and available to connect by phone or email to talk about our wedding. I must say for a same sex couple, she was truly wonderful to work with.

Our ceremony was true to us as a couple and was completely personal. Maureen helped us to incorporate our parents, which was important to us and facilitated the beginning of a wine box ritual that was incorporated into our ceremony. The compliments we received from everyone at our wedding were overwhelming; there was not a dry eye on the beach on our wedding day. Thank you Maureen for making our wedding true to us, and something we will never forget.

Cheers!!
    Jenn & Mollie

Sent on 09/01/2016

Meghan · Married on 07/23/2016

Maureen made our wedding ceremony wonderful. I would highly recommend her. My husband and I met with about 10 officiants and were feeling very frustrated with everyone we were meeting. As soon as we met Maureen we knew she was our officiant. She is very friendly, quick to reply, keeps in touch regularly, and really gets to know you to make your ceremony very personal. She speaks beautifully and is extremely professional. She showed up about an hour and a half prior to the ceremony and circulated to meet guests and put us at ease ahead of time. We did not have a rehearsal and she ran through it all with us before guests arrived and was quick on her feet to decide who went where and how we were going to do our glass ceremony. She hung around after the ceremony and even helped to bustle my dress and mingle with some guests. Her commitment to making everything perfect was amazing. Maureen is awesome!

Sent on 08/04/2016
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 06/24/2016

Telling you that Maureen is a 5/5 isn't really doing you a favor, to be perfectly honest. That is just the start - she is so much more. It is so much more than her value, her responsiveness, her professionalism. It is her guidance, her friendship, her character. A bride runs around searching for the perfect dress, the perfect band, venue, florist, etc. Too many times, too little effort is put into the most important part of it all - the ceremony. Not with Maureen. Maureen, from the beginning, gently showed us that our ceremony was the most important of all. She built the ceremony around our love story, selected readings that perfectly suited us, and included our littlest family members in our ceremony in a way that still brings tears to my eyes. So many of our guests approached us and complimented us - the dress, the food, the venue, the band, the flowers, and Maureen. I think most importantly, Maureen. When I look back on our wedding day, when my husband and I reflect many years from now, I know I will always thank Maureen for building such a beautiful day for us.

Sent on 07/19/2016

Korina · Married on 06/12/2016

I want to first start off with how wonderful Maureen is. She is so personable and easy to talk to, I knew within minutes of meeting her that she was the officiant for our wedding. When we met her, it was like catching up with an old friend. She wanted to know details of our relationship and lives together to create the perfect ceremony for us. She added personal touches about our lives and included our families in the ceremony, which meant the world to us. Her words were beautiful and personalized; you could tell that so much thought goes into her work. I did not want our ceremony to be stuffy or religious and she made sure it was not. She had people laughing and crying; it was wonderful. Maureen made our wedding day perfect and I could not be happier with how the ceremony turned out. I wish I had another event to plan with her now! I highly recommend Maureen for your event. She is professional and you can tell when working with her, that she loves what she does. She went above and beyond our expectations. Thank you again for making our wedding day perfect. -Korina and Rob

Sent on 12/08/2016

Katie · Married on 06/04/2016

Reverend Maureen Jeffries was absolutely perfect in every way from our first telephone call with her, our first meeting with her, her ability to make us feel comfortable, her eagerness to get to know as a couple, the way she used our surveys and words to create a special and unique ceremony perfect for us , the way she incorporated the bible verses into the ceremony, her advice, her caring nature, her listening skills, her ability to keep us calm on the day of our wedding, and the wedding ceremony. To us the ceremony was the most important part of our wedding day and she totally exceeded our expectations. The ceremony was so special and unique to us that it was as if she had known us for years. I am so grateful that we found her and that our wedding ceremony was everything that we wanted it to be. Many people who attended the wedding ceremony commented that it was the best wedding ceremony that they had ever been to and of course we totally agree. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking to get married.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Kim · Married on 05/27/2016

I knew from the moment I first spoke with Reverend Maureen Jeffries on the phone that she was the one for us! Her warm personality and passion for what she does was exactly what we were looking for when choosing our officiant. She really took the time to get to know us face-to-face and personalized our ceremony beyond our expectations. I would recommend her to everyone!!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Stephanie · Married on 05/21/2016

You do not need to continue looking for an officiant once you've found Rev. Maureen. I cannot tell you enough how amazing she was. My fiance (now husband) live in Florida and had never gotten to see or pick things in person before we had our wedding in NJ, we just had a lot of phone calls and Skype calls aND a lot of trust in my mom. I can honestly tell you that picking Maureen was the best decision we could've made. She is the sweetest person ever, she was there on time (waaay before us), and had befriended the staff to the point where I thought they were her friends and had worked with them before and she had just met them! I had actually overheard the maitre'd saying he LOVED her. She even helped me bustle the dress after we were done taking pictures! Our wedding was perfect and went without a hitch and we have Maureen to thank. My in-laws loved her, they could not stop talking about her after the ceremony. Everyone was so happy with how it turned out and how personal she made it. My entire family was sobbing, I'm so glad I wasn't facing them or I would've messed up my makeup lol.

Sent on 05/24/2016
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 05/21/2016

Reverend Maureen was absolutely fantastic. She is an amazing person and I could not imagine anyone else officiating my wedding. Since we live out of state we could only communicate via video chat and phone but after our first conversation we knew she was perfect for us. She was very open to what ideas we had for the ceremony and was very enthusiastic about everything. My (then) fiancee was actually in tears during one of our phone conferences when she was reading her draft ceremony to us based on the information she had gotten from us from our questionnaires our conversations. We were actually convinced that nothing we said could be as beautiful as her words so we exchanged our personal vows in letters to each other before the ceremony and let Rev. Maureen say all of her pretty words for us during the ceremony. She worked very well with the staff at our venue and everything went so smoothly. My wife and I barely held it together and could hear sniffles coming from all around us during the ceremony. Words cannot express how thankful we are to have found Rev. Maureen.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Gabrielle · Married on 04/02/2016

I don't know why it took me to write this review, as there was never any question that we would give Reverend Jeffries 5+ stars! I did not have many strong opinions when it came to planning my wedding, and although I was excited for it I just could not bring myself to care about the minute details. The one thing I cared the most about was the ceremony and who would marry us. After all, that is the actual WEDDING and what we are all gathered for. Without the ceremony, it is simply the most expensive party I have ever attended. From the moment we skyped (we planned our wedding long distance) with Reverend Jeffries I knew she was the person I wanted to marry us. We interviewed, researched, and spoke with over a dozen other officiants and none came close to feeling as right as Reverend Jeffries. I don't think my situation or feelings are unique in any way; Reverend Jeffries can make a couple from any background, looking for nearly any type of ceremony, feel comfortable and respected. Reverend Jeffries really listened to all of our wishes and gave respectful feedback to make changes where she felt necessary. When our ceremony was complete, EVERY PERSON in our receiving line could not wait to tell us how wonderful the ceremony was and ask just who that awesome lady was. Reverend Jeffries brought the perfect mix of humor, love, gravity, and depth to our ceremony and it is (as it should be) one of my fondest memories of that day. THANK YOU, thank you, thank you, for doing what you do and being who you are and making my day as amazing as it was.

Sent on 08/31/2016

Rev Jeffries was so amazing. She really took the time to know us and make our wedding ceremony special. I would recommend her to anyone. She took her time, did not rush us, and touched the hearts of all our friends and families with her beautiful words.

Sent on 04/01/2016

Susan · Married on 11/07/2015

I would highly recommend that anyone looking for an officiant meet with Rev. Maureen. We were convinced after only one meeting that she was the person we wanted for our ceremony. With her calm, confident manner, Rev. Maureen was one of the highlights of our wedding day. She listens carefully and worked with us to create a personalized ceremony that truly reflected both who we are as individuals and who we wanted to become together as a couple. Throughout the planning process and on the wedding day itself, Rev. Maureen's sense of humor and her ability to gracefully deal with unforeseen circumstances gave us every confidence that the day would go smoothly -- an outdoor location, latecomers and microphone difficulties were no match for Rev. Maureen! We received many compliments on the ceremony and even requests for copies of our vows!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Kelly · Married on 10/09/2015

We are so grateful to have found Maureen! She did an amazing job customizing our ceremony and bringing us together. Maureen took the time to get to know us so well that by the wedding day she felt like a part of our wedding party. She was able to roll with the punches or in our case thunder! She kept our ceremony light and fun while also making it deeply moving. Guests of the wedding complimented our ceremony even months later!

Sent on 09/13/2017

My husband and I decided to renew our vows in September of 2016. We have been married 24 years and did not want to wait for any traditional number of years to pass to do so. Reverend Jefferies helped us organize our thoughts and plan the service for a gathering of friends and family in our home. In was spiritual, magical and perhaps even more memorable than the first wedding. She met with us a couple of times to help plan the service. In these meeting we relived our lives and fell in love all over again. She guided us with the vows as needed and made excellent suggestions on verses and poetry that best suited our lives. She got the children involved and that was just precious. Her voice was very soothing, honest and captured the audience right from the start. Thank you Reverend Jefferies. - Purnima and Ruben

Sent on 01/05/2016

DeAnna · Married on 09/06/2015

Reverend Maureen Jeffries went above and beyond with helping us put together the perfect personalized ceremony. We met her in person in her home office for our first meeting and touched base by phone & e-mail thereafter. She asked us personal questions about how we met, what we love about each other, what we value, what we hope to accomplish together, and much more. She used all of our answers to help us write our own vows which came out anything but generic! She also discussed what poems, songs and readings we felt described our relationship most, or that we had a connection to. She had many ideas for what we could add to our ceremony to make it special for us, we ended up doing a ring blessing where our closest family members held our rings and silently said a blessing. Maureen met with both of us privately before the ceremony to go over our vows and calm our nerves. Our ceremony turned out so special and we got endless compliments from our guests about how beautiful it was. Maureen was so practical, non-judgmental and just down right funny. She made the whole process fun and brought us closer together during the very stressful process of wedding planning. Thanks Maureen, we love you!
    -DeAnna & Peter

Sent on 12/05/2015

Reverend Jeffries was the best officiant we could have asked for. She is caring, kind, gentle and extremely thorough. The whole process brought us closer together even before we were officially married! I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone. She is the best, forget the rest!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/01/2015

We cannot say enough about how amazing our wedding ceremony was thanks to Reverend Maureen. She truly took the time to get to know us as a couple in the months leading up the wedding. She was always willing to give advice and answer all our questions. Our wedding ceremony was truly special and unique, and so many of our wedding guests could not stop raving about how wonderful Maureen was. She went above and beyond her job as an officiant (she even bustled my dress!) and helped make our wedding such a special day. Thank you again!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Andrea · Married on 07/25/2015

We were fortunate to have Reverend Maureen Jeffries officiate our wedding. She is warm, sincere and very organized! All of our guests have said that our ceremony was beautiful and just the right amount of time. Maureen met with us a few months in advance of our wedding day and asked us questions on how we first met, what we love about each other and why we want to get married. She sent us a questionnaire to complete to help personalize our wedding. Here's a sample of some of the questions.

Tell me about your views on marriage:
    What makes a good marriage?
    What are the values that are important to you in your marriage?
    What are you looking forward to accomplishing together?

Questions to answer separately and email back to me:
    (feel free to skip any that make you feel uncomfortable and take your time, it doesn't have to be done right away!)
    How did you meet? Was it love at first sight?
    When did you realize that your fiance was the one? (describe the moment or special moments!)

Writing Your Vows
    Whether you wish to write your own statements to each other or write one set of vows to repeat, a good guide idea is to sit down together and talk about what your expectations are for one another. What does it mean to you to be a wife or a husband? What are the promises that you intend to make and keep? It might be helpful just to list 10 promises that you make to one another. Ex. I promise to be faithful, to take care of you and to always remember what is important to you.

Maureen was with us every step of the way and was very helpful in answering all of our questions. She scheduled a call with us a few days in advance of our wedding to go over the format or our ceremony. On the day of our wedding, she had a booklet with our vows written in it that we read from which was extremely helpful. Reverand Maureen Jeffries really took the time to personalize our ceremony. It was absolutely beautiful and a moment we will always treasure.

Sent on 12/02/2015

Angela · Married on 07/02/2015

My husband and I were late to book our officiant. We had huge work commitments which kept us from booking someone in a timely fashion. So, fast forward to just under one month until our wedding and still no officiant. Maureen was referred to us by another officiant who was already booked on our day. From the first call with Maureen I could tell that she had great energy. Despite our delay in confirming an officiant, Maureen took the time to meet with us in person (more than once), learn about who we are as individuals as well as who we are as a couple. Maureen provided counseling about marriage, some hardships we may/may not experience; she worked with us to develop our ceremony (together and separately) so that it could be the experience we always imagined; she helped with our promises to one another and offered guidance on readings that weren’t the usual passages that most folks have at weddings. She calmed any anxieties that we may have felt –before, during and after the ceremony; Maureen cared about us and what we valued about our relationship and our future. Maureen directed the ceremony with such charisma and captured the essence of what we imagined in her words. All of our guests were so impressed by the ceremony and too many to count have mentioned how great Maureen was and how wonderful and inspired they felt by the ceremony. How often does that happen!?!?! Five out of five stars does not cut it. Reverend Maureen Jeffries will help you create the wedding you want and deserve – unique to you and your partner. We trusted Maureen with our dreams and she helped to make it all come true….

Sent on 12/27/2015

Maureen did a wonderful job!! She took the time to get to know us as a couple and individually and she truly made our ceremony unique and beautiful! Our guests are still raving about our wedding and how personal it was. Because we got to know her over the last few months I felt very comfortable being up in front of all our guests because it was like we were with a friend, immediately once I saw her arrive I felt a sense of calm. We could never thank her enough for all that she did for us and for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Jason · Married on 02/06/2015

Reverend Maureen Jeffries proved herself to be hyper-flexible with both our pre- and actual wedding dates. Her careful planning and thoughtful insights made our special day less worrisome.

I would highly recommend her services for anyone looking for a knowledgeable, guiding hand for your special day.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Heather · Married on 12/20/2014

Our wedding was perfect. We had a magical evening. And Reverend Maureen's ceremony played an integral part in making our wedding incredible. We had several of our guests come up to us afterwards and tell us that the ceremony was beautiful and that they had tears in their eyes throughout. This is due, in large part, to the very thoughtful and personal ceremony that Reverend Maureen put together, and we are very grateful for all the time and effort that she put into it. Reverend Maureen came recommended to us by the hotel that we had our ceremony at - so we didn't know her prior to planning our wedding. However, by the end of the process, we felt like she really understood us as a couple, and was able to incorporate that into our wedding. We would highly recommend Reverend Maureen to anyone who is in need of an officiant for their wedding.

Sent on 12/23/2014

Allyson · Married on 10/25/2014

Maureen exceeded our expectations and then some. She was accommodating to our specific needs, was there throughout our engagement and really made our wedding day special. So many of our guests commented on how mesmerized they were by the ceremony - it was personal and touching. Maureen even helped me calm down right before we lined up! She truly was an integral part to making our wedding day as perfect as it was.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Sharon · Married on 10/11/2014

Reverend Jeffries was an amazing officiant. She made us feel comfortable from the moment that we met her. She took us through each step and was extremely professional during the process. She wrote us an amazing ceremony that fit us just perfectly. Everyone thought that the ceremony was beautiful and we still have our family members talking about how great it was. We found her through two other wedding ceremonies that she officiated with our cousins and they were just as beautiful. Thank you so much Rev. Jeffries!

Sent on 12/14/2014