Reverend Mark E. Frady Reviews

156 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

156 Reviews for Reverend Mark E. Frady

Mindy · Married on 07/26/2014

Mark was awesome to work with! We wouldn't have wanted anyone else to help share our special day. He was extremely professional and easy to talk to.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Mindy and Derick were such a fun couple to be with...wedding day is always a stressful day, but they both seemed so relaxed. And they have such a great family and group of friends to support them in this new thing called "marriage". Blessings to the two of you, and thank you for letting me be a part of your lives!

Lyndsay · Married on 07/07/2014

We couldn't have been happier or more blessed to have had Mark Frady marry us! From day one, he lead us with confidence and kindness and I knew right away that he was the piece of the 'puzzle' we needed to make our long distance weekend wedding come together. My husband and I really enjoyed his premarital classes and I believe it set us up for not only having that 'weekly' time to focus on our relationship, but started a lifelong quest to respect and love one another more then anything else. It was so uplifting to hear Mark tell stories of him and his wife, good and bad! We felt like he was part of the family by the time wedding day came around. Our ceremony was unique and special, with humor and a reading that he included that fit US perfectly. Thank you Mark for all that you did for our wedding.. We will always treasure it! Any bride would be extremely happy with your services.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Lyndsay and Jered...I truly felt like part of the family at your wedding at Valhalla. What a beautiful setting and beautiful couple. Remember, I am always here for you, should you ever need me! Blessings on you both and on your marriage.

Samantha · Married on 07/04/2014

Mark was our officiant at our wedding in July and it was so amazing! The ceremony was perfect. He was so personable and our ceremony turned out exactly as I wanted it. He was so easy to coordinate with and he helped give us guidance regarding how the ceremony should go. I could not have been more pleased with the outcome. I highly recommend his services!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Samantha and Kristian for your nice words...I shall always remember your wedding day at David Walleys! Keep in touch...don't be strangers! And remember that your first born son has to be named after me. Ha

Victoria · Married on 06/29/2014

Mark is truly amazing and I am so happy we had the pleasure of having him a part of our special day. After reading his raving reviews, my husband and I had to speak with him and instantly knew that he was the one (when you know, you just know! ;)) He customized our ceremony and even printed it on beautiful stationary which was passed out to our guests before the festivities. He also placed our marriage certificate in a beautiful frame which is now proudly displayed on our bookshelf. We are extremely happy with our wedding and even though there were many amazing moments throughout the day, my favorite moments were in the ceremony and it was largely because of the special touches that Mark added. He also offers a great premarital class, which we took before our wedding and highly recommend to all of his couples. My husband said he would take that class every year if we could :) Thank you Mark for everything, we truly feel like we have a friend for life.

Sent on 01/17/2015

Rich · Married on 06/14/2014

Sorry for the delayed review, but Mark was unbelievable for the Factor wedding at The Wests Shore Cafe. If you choose another officiant you have made the wrong choice...trust me !!! Thanks again Mark!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Darrell A. · Married on 06/13/2014

Mark E. Frady is a great Reverend and counselor and was very friendly, polite and very responsive to our needs following the wedding. I would recommend Reverend Mark to anyone who wants a great reverend. Please look him up for his services and you will not be disappointed.
    From a very pleased couple.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thanks Darrell and Holly...All the best to you , and have a very Merry Christmas

Melinda · Married on 05/04/2014

Mark is great. He brings humor, and a light-heartedness to the mix. When you first sit down and talk with Mark, it is like talking to an old friend. He is genuine, and believes in the covenant of marriage. I was very happy to have him marry us, and I would recommend him to anyone. Mark was great in helping me find other vendors in the area (we had a destination wedding), and working out the final details of the ceremony. God Bless You Mark, you are truly one of a kind. Scott and I will be stopping to see you when we are in the area. Thank You, for being part of our most special day.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Melinda and Scott are such a loving, caring, giving couple. I was honored to be invited to officiate at their wedding...a beautiful setting at the Tunnel Creek Lodge in Incline Village. And even more honored to be "admitted" as a member of the family!

Meghan · Married on 02/22/2014

Great service made it fun for everyone. Did a great job adjusting to our needs/wants. Couldn't of asked for a better officiant.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

And great people to spend a beautiful day with! Thank you Meghan and Kyle!

Joanna · Married on 12/24/2013

As we were booking our ceremony from the UK we did not have any known recommendations or local knowledge and so booking 'blind' was quite a worry. We had NOTHING to worry about! From our very first contact with Rev Mark we were at ease, his communication was faultless and remained so. Rev Mark arrived well before the specified time and immediately made all our nerves disappear with his bubbly personality and humour. The ceremony itself was lovely and he also took time to spend with us immediately after. We could not have asked for more and hope we will stay in contact In the future.

Sent on 02/24/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Jo and Nigel are such a pleasant couple, and their young daughter Heidi, was quite the flirt with everyone at the Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe. If I had to spend Christmas Eve away from my family, it could not have been spent any better than with them. I look forward to our continued relationship. Thank you for allowing me to me a part of your special evening!

Cori · Married on 11/02/2013

If you're looking for an excellent officiant for your wedding ceremony, Mark is your guy! I am a bit OCD so I did in-depth research to find the perfect officiant for my wedding ceremony. When finding Mark and speaking with him, I didn't need to look any further! From our first phone conversation to our wonderful framed marriage license, we loved Mark and his sincere dedication to making our ceremony as personable as possible. He really takes the time get to know you and your family so he can deliver unforgettable vows!

We received raving reviews from our guests on what a wonderful job Mark did at our ceremony. He truly helped make our day very special and also had our guests laughing. All the makings for a perfect, memorable ceremony!

He also offers an Engagement Encounter program which we were unable to attend prior to our wedding, but look forward to doing so in the future as a married couple.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mark for any wedding ceremony!

Cori & Mark

Sent on 11/18/2013

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Cori and Mark for asking me to officiate at your wedding. It was such a joy! You say that you are a bit OCD...I think that you have to be! It's a special day for the two of you, and it should proceed as flawlessly as possible. I look forward to the day when you are able to take the Marriage Enrichment class!

Natalee · Married on 10/06/2013

Mark was the officiant of our wedding in October 2013, and we couldn't be happier with his service. Most officiants in the area just show up the day of, stay for the ceremony, get paid and leave... and that is NOT Mark! Mark met us months ahead, and had multiple meetings so he could get to know us, our family and our lives, so he could make our ceremony very personal and special.
    He also did a six week pre-marriage class, which ended up being a concrete foundation for our marriage. With his own experience in taking the class himself, he invested the time and effort to make sure every couple started off with the best possible tools for marriage.
    Even on top of everything he already did, he even helped me find another wedding venue at Lake Tahoe, NV only a month before my wedding! Our first venue became unavailable, and I asked Mark for help! He called to different contacts he had, and made suggestions, and we ended up finding a better venue that was amazing!
    Even after the wedding, he still keeps in contact with us to see how we are doing! He truly cares about not just being an officiant... he cares about the couples and the marriages they enter into. He invests so much to give each couple the best start possible. I highly recommend Mark to anyone, and we are so happy that he was a part of our special day. Thanks Mark!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Natalee for that beautiful review...your wedding at Burnt Cedar Beach was just what you told me you wanted...I am so happy for the two of you that despite the setback everything turned out so well. Give my best to your families!

Words just can't express how grateful we were to have had Reverend Frady as our wedding officiant! We knew after our first phone conversation with him that we had chosen a fantastic officiant! And, after our first face-to-face meeting with him, we were sold! Reverend Frady is more than just an officiant. He is a caring and compassionate person who is genuinely interested in helping couples succeed in their married lives together. Not only does he officiate the ceremony but he offers his couples many other valuable services throughout the engagement period as well as into their married life. He offers classes on communication and seminars on how to succeed in marriage. And he offers lifetime marriage counseling to those who need it. Marriage is scary and it is certainly is not easy at times. Knowing that there is someone out there who has a genuine interest in helping us succeed in our marriage is wonderful! Additionally, Reverend Frady has a special way of making people feel comfortable. He is open and honest; warm and friendly; diligent and professional; patient and kind. He is flexible in his willingness to create a beautiful ceremony tailored for each individual couple and he has a unique way of humanizing the whole process. The prep-work leading up to the ceremony was easy and pleasant. He is timely, responsive and helpful and he took the stress out of designing the perfect ceremony. On the day of our wedding, his presence was comforting and he created an peaceful and joyful environment for everyone there. We felt that he preformed our ceremony with grace and dignity, and we appreciated the little bit of unexpected humor that he tossed into the mix. We received so many compliments on our ceremony! The guests thought is was "beautiful", "eloquent", "thoughtful", "the perfect combination of spiritual and non-spiritual", and "the perfect length." We would highly recommend Reverend Frady to anyone looking for a wedding officiant!

Sent on 12/13/2013

Katharine · Married on 08/24/2013

I am a terrible bride for just now getting around to this review....however, Mark Frady was such a blessing to both my husband and I and a joy to work with. While we are both Catholic in faith, we wanted to get married on the beach and have a little less "traditional" ceremony. In looking for a minister we wanted someone who wasn't just going to read a few lines and "marry us" but someone we could relate to, know, and had our best interest in mind. Mark was just that! From the time we met him about 8 months prior, and the pre wedding "Marriage 101" classes we attended over skype with him, to the rehearsal and wedding itself it was a joy. He was more than worth the fee that we paid for his services, and not only gave us a beautiful ceremony, but helped us open lines of communication that my husband I had never imagined possible. After our wedding we had several people come up and ask for his information for their upcoming weddings as well. He's professional, personal, and teaches, and preaches from the heart. Any one getting married in the areas he serves would do themselves a favor to use his services or check him out!

Sent on 05/23/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

You are not a terrible Bride Kat! You are a beautiful bride, both inside and out! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day!

There is a reason Reverend Mark comes so highly recommended; he is absolutely perfectly suited to officiate weddings! After walking down the aisle, of course I was beyond nervous and even shaking a little; Reverend Mark's calm, casual demeanor and perfect touch of humor were exactly what I needed to relax and enjoy our beautiful ceremony. We hadn't spent much time with Mark before the ceremony, but we have been fortunate enough to spend some time together after, and I couldn't believe how well he seemed to know our relationship. We feel so fortunate to have had Mark officiate our wedding!

Sent on 02/18/2014

Brittany · Married on 08/17/2013

We highly recommend Reverend Mark Frady as an Officiant for your wedding! When we were planning our wedding in Tahoe the Sales Manager at the Hyatt recommended his services. We are from the bay area so we wanted to meet him in person and hoped that we would develop a relationship over the next few months. Reverend Mark was very personable and we felt that we really "clicked" the first time we met. Not only did we have him as our Officiant but we also decided to go through wedding counseling for four months before the big day, which helped us in getting to know him better. Each week we would read a chapter in a book Reverend Mark provided for us and then scheduled a time to discuss what we had learned. This was a great experience and brought my husband and I even closer!

Reverend Mark was very flexible and organized in helping us plan for the ceremony. He also helped us in getting our wedding certificate which ended up being a very smooth process compared to many of our friends who had to wait for hours to complete.

Our ceremony was perfect and we wouldn't change a thing. Reverend Mark met with us for our rehearsal and then for our ceremony. He helped us with our vows and made them very special. This was a day that we will never forget thanks to Reverend Mark Frady!

Brittany & Bryan

Sent on 03/18/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Brittany and Bryan for allowing me to be a part of wedding day. I too shall never forget it...seeing the way you two looked at each other during the ceremony was priceless!

Alex · Married on 08/03/2013

Having Rev. Mark be a part of our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. Never did we imagine that we would find someone so caring and loving, without any judgement. He took great interest in our current relationship and taught us ways that we can grow together in the future. We look forward to also having him there for any of our needs in the future. We would recommend him to anyone looking to tie the knot! Thank you!

Sent on 03/12/2014

Cassie · Married on 07/27/2013

Mark was great to work with! I highly recommend!

Sent on 03/01/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Cassie and Cam for the review...and thank you for allowing me to be a part of your big day!

Michelle · Married on 07/26/2013

I can't say enough good things about Mark. Not only was he an absolutely perfect officiant for our wedding, he is just a fabulous person. My fiance and I were quite picky when choosing the person who would walk us through our vows. We wanted someone who would make the day special and not make us feel like another number in the long list of Tahoe summer weddings. Well, what we got from Mark was more than we could have ever imagined. From the moment we first talked to him, you could tell he had a genuine interest in us as a couple. He really wanted to get to know us so he could create the perfect ceremony. And he did just that! Our guests were so impressed at how fun and lighthearted the ceremony was, while keeping the integrity of the tender moments.
    Mark also offers free lifetime marriage counseling as well as various marriage classes. My husband and I are now taking his marriage enrichment class. It's all free and it will give you the foundation for a marriage filled with trust, vulnerability, intimacy and growth! That's how committed Mark is to making sure your marriage works. He doesn't see your ceremony as "just another wedding". He looks at it as an opportunity to invest in the lives of two people God has called to be together. And he takes that opportunity very seriously.
    I can't recommend Mark's services enough. He started out as our officiant, but now we feel very blessed to call him our friend.

Sent on 02/17/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Michelle and Devon...thank you so much for your kind words. I have very fond memories of our time together on your wedding day, and am happy to be able to see you more during the Marriage Enrichment classes. Thank you also for being my friends...I value our relationship. And remember, I am here for you anytime that you need me!
  • Liane

Liane · Married on 07/16/2013

Thoughtful Officiant

We love working with Mark Frady. He is such a thoughtful, kind man and creates the most personal of wedding ceremonies for our clients. We are happy to refer his services. Liane McCombs Wedding and Event Planning

Sent on 09/30/2019

Shauni · Married on 07/14/2013

Reverend Mark Frady was the most perfect officiant! My husband and I had wanted a simple wedding on the beach, and Mr. Frady chose the perfect spot for us, because we're not from the area (we're from Michigan actually) so we had no idea where to go, but he helped us out with everything! We contacted him only a few weeks before we planned to get married, but he was very flexible and made it exactly what we wanted, even on such short notice! He called me the very day I emailed him, and always got back to me quickly. He wrote a personalized ceremony for us and it was wonderful. He is also one of the nicest people you will ever meet!

Sent on 02/15/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Shauni and Nate for the nice review...although we just were able to be together for a very short time, it was nice to share your day with you, on the beach of beautiful Lake Tahoe!

Tracy · Married on 06/22/2013

Mark was an absolutely wonderful officiant. Our ceremony could not have been more perfect as he wrote a beautiful, meaningful and emotional ceremony for us, with just the perfect touch of humor. We had so many compliments from our guests, who all thought he was completely incredible. It was the most amazing and happy day for us and Mark was a major reason why. We would recommend him without hesitation!

Sent on 08/24/2013

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Getting to know you two was a real joy for me, and then to top it off, I was privileged to officiate at your wedding...it was indeed a happy day, also for me!

Carl · Married on 06/22/2013

When we were planning our wedding the one challenge we had was how to find the right Officiant for our ceremony. We were concerned since we do not regularly attend a church, but did want a stranger.

We were very fortunate to find Mark Frady. His warm personality, professional approach, and willingness to take the time to get to know us really made a huge difference. When the day of the ceremony arrived we really felt we had a relationship with Mark which made all the difference.

The ceremony itself was just what we wanted and felt very special. Our families were very happy.

Since our big day, Mark periodically follows up with us to make sure we are doing well and we know he is there if we need him. He certainly has not forgotten us, and it is very nice to have someone there for us.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Carl and Lisa...I remember your wedding day in your back yard with fondness...

Cortney · Married on 06/15/2013

Mark was absolutely amazing to work with. He was able to meet us when we needed and gave us great advice on how to lay-out our ceremony. The ceremony he put together for my husband and I is truly beautiful and unforgettable. He was also kind enough to surprise us with a photo gift with our marriage certificate the day before the wedding. We are so grateful that Mark officiated our wedding and feel blessed to have met him!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Cortney and Kurt: thank you so much for your kind and glowing review. And thank you for letting me be a part of that grand day when you got married...I look forward to the day when you two take the marriage enrichment class!

Glady · Married on 05/25/2013

Rev. Mark did a great job officiating our wedding up in Lake Tahoe. He personalized our wedding to fit our needs and incorporated family members into the ceremony. He helped to create a really relaxed atmosphere and we loved his sense of humor. He also really cares about the couples that he works with. We would highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/18/2013

Michelle · Married on 05/11/2013

The last component of our wedding that we booked was our officiant. With the wedding date quickly approaching, luckily our coordinator recommended Mark. He was simply wonderful! The marriage counseling he provided leading up to our big day will prove invaluable in our future together. This was also a great opportunity for the three of us to really get to know each other. Mark put a lot of time and thought into our ceremony which added that extra spark that we were hoping for. I had several family members comment on different parts of the ceremony that really touched them. He even put together a beautiful program with the entire ceremony completely written out for me and my husband and our parents. It's hard to express how thankful my husband and I are for finding such a wonderful person to marry us!!!

Sent on 07/03/2013