46 Reviews for Reverend Cathy Hume

Customized Vows (5)
Licensed (5)
Rehearsal (3)
46 Reverend Cathy Hume Reviews

We loved how collaborative Reverend Cathy was from day one. She was quick to respond to all correspondence, and made us feel valued and important. We are so happy with how our ceremony turned out; it was a custom ceremony and she provided a soothing nurturing energy the whole ride.

Profile Picture Taylor, 10/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We cannot say enough to express how impressed and pleased we were with Reverend Cathy. From the very beginning she was timely and always very responsive. We were looking for a very simple ceremony and Reverend Cathy was able to create the most beautiful, personalized and yet still simple ceremony for us which was just perfect. She is very experienced and takes her work and this service very seriously, and she is professional but also incredibly warm and approachable. She also takes care of all the annoying details- a plus we were not expecting!!! If anyone is looking for a personal touch to their very special day, Reverend Cathy will bring it. We know who we will call when our sons get ready to get married!!!

Profile Picture JESSICA, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We booked another officiant, but she had to cancel on us months before the wedding, she recommended Reverend Cathy Hume. From the moment we started working with Cathy, she was friendly, genuine, professional, flexible, and very detailed. Cathy was always responsive to emails or phone calls. She worked with us on our ceremony until we got it just right. On the day of, everything went perfectly smooth. She has a special way of slowing you down and bringing you back into the moment...with your spouse. I remember the "extra" unexpected steps she did to make our day special. After the ceremony, I was surprised to find she left me a typed and bound booklet of our ceremony. Such a treasured keepsake!!!! I HIGHLY recommend Reverend Cathy Hume! :)

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal

Reverend Cathy was simply phenomenal in creating a very deeply spiritual, meaningful, and touching wedding ceremony for us. She pretty much knew all these little things that we didn't think about, that made the entire ceremony so fantastic and touching that within minutes almost everyone had tears of joy in their eyes. She has a very genuine and rich voice, through which she seem to quickly establish a connect with all those present. It was so easy to work with her, and we essentially took one of her ceremonies and had to only make very minor changes to make it perfect for us. We feel like we have gained a very special person in our life, a lifelong friend, who just make our day so heavenly special.

Profile Picture Avinash, 8/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Cathy was an absolute pleasure to work with! Our ceremony was important to us but we weren't really sure on exactly we wanted. From the very beginning she provided us with great ideas and options to give us a ceremony that represented us as a couple! Her sample ceremonies gave us a wonderful base for ours and with additional insight and some blending, we ended up with perfect wording. A non-Catholic wedding was a bit of an issue for my family but our ceremony put both of our families at ease because it was beautiful and truly from the heart. Reverend Cathy put a warm feeling in everyone's hearts including ours and I would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant that truly cares about you as a couple. Because of those extra steps she took, our day and lives began in the best way possible, full of love & joy!

Thank you for your time Reverend Cathy! I really enjoyed getting to know you throughout this process and appreciate the work you put into getting to know us and our loved ones!

Profile Picture Olivia, 7/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I found Reverend Cathy through McMenamin's preferred vendor's list. I gave her a call and knew instantly that she was the perfect officiant for our ceremony. Reverend Cathy is very warm, responsive, and attentive and helped us realize our vision for our wedding. We first met with Rev. Cathy in a coffee shop where she took the time to listen to our stories and ask us questions which helped her to incorporate personal touches to our ceremony. We spoke several times by phone and exchanged many emails over the course of seven months as we worked as a team to perfect the words that would be said. We built a wonderful personal connection with Rev. Cathy throughout these exchanges and enjoyed working with her immensely.

The day before the wedding, Rev. Cathy facilitated a wedding rehearsal in a park in Northwest Portland. What we all liked the best about this experience is that she took charge, was clear about everyone's roles during the ceremony, and helped my husband and I feel at ease about standing in front of a group of people.

On our wedding day, Rev. Cathy reminded us to stay calm, to breathe, and to take the time to enjoy one another. Rev. Cathy helped us articulate our love for each other, which is not an easy thing to do! Even more, during the ceremony Rev. Cathy created a space where our friends and family were able to not only understand our love but for a short time partake in our love. It was a very moving ceremony that was filled with personal sentiment and love.

I cannot recommend Rev. Cathy enough. She fulfilled our dreams, exceeded our expectations, and helped us build an even stronger relationship as husband and wife.

Profile Picture Jessicas, 7/8/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Cathy was FANSTASTIC! She was kind and so willing to help with whatever we needed. She kept us calm as the day got closer and took the time to make sure we really loved every piece of the ceremony. When we did the rehearsal she took charge and got it done, everyone knew what was going to happen the day of! I can't say enough great things about Cathy and I would recommend her to anyone looking to get married and want to make their ceremony unique and very special them.

Profile Picture Jillian, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

Having Cathy Hume officiate our wedding ceremony was an honor. Cathy made the preparations easy, wrote beautiful vows for us and made our day very special. Thank you Cathy! Warmest regards, Greg & Keri Beuving.

Profile Picture Keri, 6/7/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

very easy to work with and values input on all aspects of the wedding ceremony. Couldn't have asked for a better officient.

Profile Picture User6954352, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Cathy was amazing! She went above and beyond for us. Not only did she take the time to really get to know us and make our ceremony personal and perfect, she acted like a second wedding planner to help make sure I was organized and had thought of all the little details for the big day. I can't recommend her enough or say enough positive things about our experience working with her :) She was truly wonderful!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Loved Cathy her husband and friend who witness our ceremony...

Profile Picture Marisa, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We would book Cathy again in a heartbeat! She is so loving and caring, easily incorporating everything that we wanted in our ceremony. She is full of great ideas for both the ceremony and location suggestions and even arranged our witnesses for us since we eloped with very little planning! We consider Cathy a friend for life now - she MADE our elopement ceremony absolutely perfect. We love her so and you should absolutely use her for your ceremony if she is available! Thank you again, Cathy! xxoo

-Jordan and Lindsay Lea

Profile Picture Jordan and Lindsay, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

Reverend Cathy Hume helped make our special day complete! She took the time to get to know us and guided us through the process of putting our ceremony and vows together. We immediately felt at ease and instantly knew that she was the right fit to marry us. Her grace, faith, humor, loving and grounding personality provided the appropriate person to bring us together as one. We sincerely recommend her. - Rob & Monica C., PDX

Profile Picture User7923769, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had a little and very intimate ceremony. And we contacted Cathy on very short notice (3 weeks before the wedding)
Cathy is very caring and has a very genuine delivery. She tailored the ceremony to exactly what we wanted, and provided example ceremony dialogues for us to choose from, and make our own. She was flexible with our location and our desired time and date. she helped make our wedding very special and I would recommend her to anyone. She even provided us with our ceremony dialog in a very cute book with nice stationary and a personal note.

Profile Picture Ramona, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Cathy was our officiant for our very small and simple wedding ceremony and she was marvelous! We contacted her very last minute, about 10 days before our ceremony, and she had been ultimately flexible and professional to accommodate our needs. We had to get back to her late in terms of confirming our vows and ceremony due to my husband's extremely busy schedule and Cathy had been really sweet and relaxing on that. We even sent out our final version to her the evening before our wedding day which I felt very sorry, but she was extremely accommodating and had no issue about it. Even though it's a small ceremony, I was still very anxious due to the limited preparation time, so her flexibility and warmness was extremely important to us.

We met Cathy for the first time on our wedding day, and she was really friendly and sweet. Our witness said he thought we have known Cathy for many years according to our interactions with her. Cathy did an amazing job officiating our wedding ceremony, and her voice was soothing and beautiful that calmed us down as soon as the ceremony started. She guided us to take a deep breath and relax for a few seconds right before the ceremony started, and that moment was magical that it seemed like the whole world was paused and my husband and I only saw each other in our eyes. The ceremony went smoothly and it was very beautiful.

Overall, we were very happy to have her as our wedding officiant, and we highly recommend Cathy as a wedding officiant to anyone.

Profile Picture Sylvia, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I recently hired Rev. Cathy to officiate our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with our decision! She gave great advice when it came to the order of ceremony items, and had a great selection of ceremony scripts we could get inspiration from. Her guidance was professional and incredibly helpful, but she also was great about letting us create a ceremony that fit our own style. She was always encouraging and accepting of our ideas, and brought a great energy to every meeting. She even was open to meetings via Skype, since we don't live in Portland. All in all, we were incredibly happy with Rev. Cathy's services and highly recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Cathy was marvelous. We knew when we met her that she was the one for us! Such great energy, such enthusiasm, such respect for love and commitment. She was so easygoing, accommodating and responsive to what we wanted. She let us know that our ceremony was ours to create - and she gave us a starting point without ever restricting or dictating. She has a joy for life - an exuberance - that filled us up in the days leading up to our big day (she was frequently in touch, checking in, sending words of encouragement). She was calming and reassuring, and on the day itself, was a grounding force during the ceremony. Everything was wonderful. It was such a stroke of luck that we connected with her, and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for someone attentive and so very caring.

Profile Picture Jen, 9/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are so pleased to have found Cathy - we could not have hoped for a more special person to organise and conduct our wedding ceremony. From the first contact we had with Cathy she filled us with joy and optimism about our wedding. We live in London but were planning to get married in Portland, which meant that it was really important for our officiant to know all of the 'ins and outs' of what was required of us, and what they could offer. Cathy provided us with a number of fantastic suggestions for where we could hold the ceremony, and we chose the beautiful Cathedral Park. She also communicated with us regularly in the run-up, to discuss vows, provide suggestions and generally just to make sure we were happy!

The ceremony itself was perfect. As we required witnesses she brought along her lovely husband and friend, which made the day even more special (and meant that this was something we didn't have to worry about organising, which I believe can be the case with some other organisers). Following the ceremony, Cathy even met us to ensure all of our paperwork was correct and filed and to wish us on our way in our new life together. She really does go above and beyond.

We really can't recommend Cathy highly enough, she is an incredibly special person and made our day truly magical. Thank you!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Cathy was so easy to work with and so kind to us and our family and guests. We had the perfect day and she was a big contributor you that.

She met with us at our convenience prior to the wedding date, she gave us reminder calls about things that needed to be done and was always available. I forgot that she was our officiant because she felt more like part of the family that was working to bring everything together.

On the day of the wedding is when she really shined. It was such an important day, one that I really wasn't nervous about until it was actually happening. She was very calm and there to reassure and guide us through.

I have been to a number of weddings, including my first one and sometimes the officiant is good, and other times not so much. Cathy was perfect for us and what we wanted. I would recommend her services to anyone who wants someone who is there to support and assist in the biggest ceremony of their lives.

Profile Picture Robert, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Cathy Hume was simply excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to any couple in need of a wedding officiant. My fiance (who is now my wife) and I found her to be responsive, friendly, professional, flexible, open to ideas, and I could go on and on. I believe Reverend Cathy likes marrying couples because she believes that it is her calling to do so. We loved our wedding experience with the Reverend Cathy Hume and believe that you will too.

Profile Picture Craig, 9/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

There are so many wonderful things we could say about Reverend Cathy. Upon first meeting her you could feel the warmth and love and joy of her career radiating off of her. She is so wise and so kind and really knows how to write a ceremony to bring out the love of a couple. She gives excellent advice and even recommended some reading material about how couples' communicate, how to be a married couple, etc. She is so so kind and such a gentle soul. She wrote us a beautiful ceremony which had us laugh and cry. The ceremony for our wedding was probably my favorite part. We highly recommend Reverend Cathy to officiate your ceremony. She is easy to work with, she has patience and care, and we felt as though she really tries to get to know you as a couple. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Megan, 9/17/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We loved working with Cathy for our wedding. She was amazing and awesome. She helped us write our dream ceremony and come up with a very special unity ceremony that totally represented us. The sage smudging she performed before the wedding was one of my favorite memories that day. It was an amazing peaceful moment that my husband and I will share for the rest of our lives together.

Profile Picture Anastasia, 8/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

What do you say about a person who comes to you as a stranger yet creates and delivers the most compassionate, intimate, and personalized wedding ceremony one can ask for? We got that with Cathy. From our first meeting, over a simple cup of coffee, she looked to find those special memories, moments, personal nuggets that would be crafted into a story that was unique to us. Cathy provided us beautiful options and asked us to really think about what else we would want to have told. Her delivery of the 'script' (is that the right word?) we crafted together was articulate, warm, and very calming. I heard from many family members about how much they liked what they heard and how it was delivered. I also loved the fact that she took me aside before the ceremony and said comforting words and a quick prayer to get me centered. I'm teary thinking about it. I just wish I had other upcoming events in which I could use her... Thank you, Cathy!

Profile Picture Kim, 8/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Cathy was a real joy to work with. We both felt extremely comfortable with her from the very beginning. She was organized, knowledgeable, warm, thoughtful, professional, and very easy to work with. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant!

Profile Picture User4273992, 2+ years ago, 1 Review