Reverend Adriene Thorne Reviews

View more information

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Tara P. Married on 10/01/2022

Beyond blessed!

Pastor Thorne is gifted! She was everything I desired and more. She delivered the most beautiful wedding ceremony. My family and friends raved about her. Some had to give her a hug because she did such an amazing job. To know her is to love her. It was so amazing and delivered exquisitely. I am so very thankful to have met her and to have her officiate our wedding. Truly something to remember.
    Vanessa Married on 09/12/2021

Great Experience - Would Definitely Recommend

Reverend Thorne did a phenomenal job as the officiant for our wedding. She was really helpful in answering our questions leading up to the wedding, provided pre-marital counseling that helped us better understand how we can support each other, and collaborated with us to plan the order and logistics for our ceremony. She arrived early as promised, so we could cover any last-minute logistics, and during the ceremony was a dynamic and engaging officiant. During our calls before the wedding, we spent time talking to Reverend Thorne about our relationship, our families, and who we are as people. She beautifully weaved some of these details into the ceremony which we loved. Our guests had great things to say as well. It was a beautiful moment that we'll never forget - we'd definitely recommend Reverend Thorne as an officiant for any wedding.
    Robert Married on 08/05/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Rev. Adriene is wonderful!

Rev. Adriene was a perfect officiant for our wedding. She is smart, empathetic, quick-thinking, and calm. Her warm and authentic energy was perfect for our ceremony.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • O
    Obi A. Married on 08/03/2019

Wedding Ceremony

Words said on a wedding day do matter. Rev Adriene expressed how we felt about each other because she got to know us extremely well before the wedding. To say she is top notch would be to underrate her.
    Jenny Married on 07/07/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing ceremony and excellent service

Pastor Adriene Thorne made our ceremony the most unique and enchanting celebration for my wife and me. She also helped with our marriage counseling sessions and was able to include special moments through her message at our wedding. I highly recommend Pastor Adriene Thorne and she will make your celebration extra special.
    Emmanuel O. Married on 06/04/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Rev. Adriene is attentive, personable, supportive and knowledgeable as a wedding officiant

Rev. Adriene was very personable and accommodating of us all throughout our wedding planning process. She is knowledgeable about the various details of the wedding ceremony. She was very attentive to our needs and was always available to answer all of our questions. She provided a lot of love and support for us. On the day of the wedding, our families and friends thoroughly enjoyed her officiating and brief sermon message. Overall, we couldn't have been more happy with our decision to have Rev. Adriene officiate our wedding.
  • Francois
    Francois A. Married on 02/08/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Rev. Adriene is simply the best!

Rev. Adriene provided the most pleasant experience as we prepared for our wedding and marriage! She took the time to know us during our marriage counseling sessions. She helped us to articulate how we love, how we argue, and enabled us to deal with difficult situations that could cause problems in our marriage. She provided a safe space for us to be open, honest, and vulnerable. After each marriage counseling session, my partner and I felt like we understood each other better and we grew closer and closer to each other. The way in which she officiated our wedding felt representative of who we are as a couple. This is because she really invested time in getting to know us on deeply personal level. We could not have asked for a better experience in preparing for our marriage. We highly recommend Adriene to couples looking to grow in love and marriage!
  • Bethmarie
    Bethmarie M. Married on 01/09/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating

You Should Have Her Marry You!

Do you know the Google tab, “I’m Feeling Lucky”? It really works…for real. Three years before I asked my wife to marry me, we used Google to find a church. We live in New York City; there is a church on every other block. But finding a church that was inclusive of all people was important to us.

We found a church we thought would be good, so we decided to visit. It was here that we met Rev. Adriene Thorne. After many Sundays of attending, listening to her sermons and meeting her, I told my girlfriend, “when we get married, that’s who I want to marry us.” Rev. Adriene had an illuminating presence about her; she was graceful & poised, witty & friendly. She always made time to say hello and she remembered our names. That meant a lot!

When I finally proposed, the first thing we did was contact Rev. Adriene. We were super excited about our wedding!!!! We knew having her officiate, would make it exceptionally meaningful. She is an excellent communicator! We arranged our pre-marital counseling sessions with her by email. She was professional, responsive and took genuine interest in our planning process. During our sessions, Rev. Adriene provided guidance dealing with delicate issues of family. Many in my family do not support my marriage. She showed such empathy!

And if all that sounds too good to be true, there’s more. During the planning process of our wedding, the date we chose was in conflict with an important event Rev. Adriene had scheduled. My girlfriend and I were worried! What if this didn’t work out? Rev. Adriene assured us she would be there, and she was!

Our wedding day was amazing, in so many ways because of her presence. So go ahead, pop the question and then contact her!

• Chunkit
    Chunkit F. Married on 01/04/2017

Amazing Service

Reverend Adriene Thorne performed at the ceremony for my husband and I. Reverend Adriene Thorne personalized our wedding ceremony based on her personal interactions with us and on our life stories. Reverend Adriene Thorne was responsive and was always there to support us. She is just wonderful!
    Caroline Married on 10/15/2016

Wise and wonderful

Reverend Adriene's premarital counseling was insightful, and we still use her advice years later. I am Christian and my husband is a non-believer, so he appreciated Adriene's respect and sensitivity towards his views in our church service. We both believe that Adriene brought bright, positive energy to our wedding, and her own meditation and liturgy were concise and wonderful. Finally, it's great that she is a woman of color leading the church community and is purposeful about diversity and inclusion! 10/10 recommendation!