Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies Reviews

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 5
Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 6
Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 7

Erik · Married on 12/30/2013

Last fall, we contacted Reverend Samora. We were planning a very small ceremony, and she worked with us to figure out the exact location in central park (Gapstow Bridge is lovely any time of year, if you're curious). Once we knew where, she helped us plan exactly what the ceremony would entail. It was simple, beautiful, and my wife and I couldn't stop crying. To be honest, it felt like a good friend giving the ceremony, despite us having only met in person minutes previously. Her recommendation of photographer was perfect, as well, and the whole wedding was seamless and more wonderful than we could have hoped for.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Megan · Married on 12/21/2013

Rev. Samora was a God send. My partner and I were planning an out of town wedding in NYC and Rev. Samora was referred to us by our wedding planner. Our initial meeting was through email. She was kind, courteous, professional, and organized. We had several exchanges over email and finally met one morning while we were in NYC. She crafted a wedding service and vows that were inspirational and quintessentially my partner and I. Her client service was impeccable and she was a joy to work with. My partner and I feel very blessed to have had Rev. Samora as our officiant for our wedding.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Lynn · Married on 12/20/2013

Rev Samora made our wedding day even more amazing than we could have hoped. After a few emails and phone calls of introductions, she was able to write a ceremony that fit us perfectly. She brought a certain kindness and warmth to our ceremony that was unexpected and very noticeable to my wife and I, and our families. She made our day beautiful.

Sent on 07/19/2014

Rev. Samora was so important in making our wedding a memorable event. She helped us find the perfect venue, arranged a photographer, and wrote a special ceremony that spoke to our values and spiritual beliefs all in only four days! Her warm and caring personality makes her so easy and fun to interact with and made her the perfect officiant to our wedding. So lucky to have found her!

Sent on 08/28/2014

We were absolutely delighted with Rev. Samora. She guided us through the whole process with ease, from making contact with her right through to our wedding day. We found this great as we were arranging everything from Australia.

Rev. Samora was honest, reliable and professional.

We couldn't have asked for a better person to provide our wedding service. We were so grateful.

Sent on 06/14/2014

Joseph · Married on 10/25/2013

Rev. Samora was FANTASTIC to work with! We feel very blessed to have found her, and couldn't imagine our special day to have been officiated by anyone else! She helped in every way necessary, even working with us on last minute travel issues of the Big Apple! Rev. Samora was actually the first we contacted and couldn't have been happier! PS she looks great in our photos too!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2013

When my fiancé and I began to look at officiant’s for our wedding we were very overwhelmed with the many choices out there. With the ceremony being the most important part of the wedding, we wanted to ensure we had someone that could tell our love story and create a truly special ceremony . After our first meeting with Samora we booked immediately, she was so interested in our story and the overall vision for our wedding, it made us feel that she truly wanted to be a part of our big day. Leading up to the wedding she provided the “script” and was more than willing in to make a few iterations to capture exactly what we wanted. She even stopped over to our apartment a few weeks before the wedding to walk through the ceremony details and make sure we were 100% comfortable. The ceremony itself was beautiful and we are still impressed that someone we had only met once or twice was able to tell a beautiful love story and capture our guests.

Sent on 01/21/2014

Rev. Samora was AMAZING. The ceremony she drafted for us was just the language we were looking for. She was able to accommodate a prayer and additional reading seamlessly, adding to the personalization of our ceremony. In a heartbeat, I would recommend her as she made us both feel incredibly comfortable and excited for our special day.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Jill · Married on 10/12/2013

We initially asked the person who introduced us to be our officiant. Due to a work conflict, she had to bail. My husband and I were very disappointed. We went out on a search to find another officiant, asking other friends, and people who we thought would be fun choices, but time and options were running out.

While on vacation, my husband decided to just look online. Something that I was very much against. It seemed so impersonal! He looked through many profiles and only showed me people who he thought might make me soften to the idea.

When he showed me Rev. Samora I was instantly intrigued by her. Her multi-faith/multi-ethnic background was a new twist to the bland faces we saw page after page. We set up a meeting to have coffee one rainy afternoon and we hit it off instantly. We needed it look no further! She was the one.

The very next day, my husband's aunt and uncle threw us an engagement party. We thought it would be nice if she came to get to know us better and our families. She came with her partner, and her 12-year-old daughter, who turned out to be my little dream come true.

The wedding was spectacular. The work that she put in was inspiring to us. We were so down about our friend bailing but it was clear that we would have a beautiful ceremony yet! She really zeroed in on who we are as people, and the crazy love that we have for each other. It's not very often that guests go on and on and on about how much love they felt from the ceremony - that it left them feeling loved and feeling the need to love. You'd think our ceremony was small and intimate but we had 200 guests! Samora was so eloquent, and engaging that our friends and family thought we had know her for years. We welcomed her and her daughter as guests at our wedding, and we hope to maintain a relationship with her for years to come.

Also - She was instrumental in helping us become the main couple in the vows section of the New York Times the weekend after our wedding.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Mike · Married on 10/05/2013

There are no words to describe how amazing Samora was on our wedding day.

She kept us calm and ensured we cherished every moment in our ceremony. In addition, she met us several times beforehand and helped create a custom ceremony that best matched our personalities, our values and beliefs.

She is highly knowledgeable of varied religious traditions, spiritual practices, inspirational readings and overall what does/does not work for a wedding ceremony.

You will feel like a good friend has married you on your special day. Every single person at the wedding raved about her and they felt our ceremony was special because of her attention to us.

She is very responsive, an amazing value. NOTE: she is super LGBT-friendly.

Sent on 10/27/2013

Rev. Samora was fantastic and made our destination wedding stress free and a wonderful event!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Samora was absolutely fab! We had a destination wedding in NYC which was difficult to plan with the time difference and distance but Samora made it a breeze. She was so responsive to all our requests, and wrote beautiful words which were perfect for our less than standard wedding. I definitely recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Shannon · Married on 08/17/2013

Rev. Samora Smith helped make our day so special. We were married in Wagner's Cove in Central Park. Our wedding was planned from Florida and Samora helped walk us through the planning. She was awesome! The content of the vows were beautiful and her delivery was perfect! I'm so grateful we found her!! Thank you so much Samora!!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Trinity · Married on 08/13/2013

Reverend Samora was referred to me by my sister, who also used her as her officiant. I contacted her and she was extremely quick to respond. She was friendly and very easy to work with. I expressed my concerns of wanting the children to feel included in the ceremony, and she did a wonderful job. She made sure the children each had their role and did a wonderful job of uniting us all as a family! I highly recommend Reverend Samora.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Chaunie · Married on 08/11/2013

It was a pleasure working with Rev. Samara. She was very nice, accommodating, and helpful. Though we booked her less than a month before the wedding, she was did a good job at organizing everything in such a short time. I would definitely recommend her to anyone else getting married!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Corrine · Married on 08/02/2013

This review is a bit overdue, but better late than never!
    Rev. Samora was a great find and we were so very happy to have her be a part of our wedding day. From the first email and phone conversation I had with her, I felt at ease. My husband and I met with her soon after and discussed our vision for the ceremony. She was completely open to our ideas and offered suggestions of her own. Rev. Samora took the time to get our thoughts and feelings on how we hoped the ceremony would be. Her pricing included an extra charge for traveling time/tolls, but other than that I thought her fees were average and certainly affordable. She did a fairly good job responding to our emails in a timely manner and was easily reachable as our wedding date neared.

In the end, Rev. Samora Smith did a great job taking some of our words/feelings and her own elements and put together a beautiful ceremony for us and our wedding guests. It was amazing and heartfelt. Definitely touching and it fit us quite well. Overall, we would recommend her services! You won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Annie · Married on 07/16/2013

Reverend Samora was absolutely OUTSTANDING!! She is kind, understanding, and sincere. She helped us create our own perfect little ceremony and communicated with us regularly until the big day. If we had it to do all over again, we would definitely choose Reverend Samora.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Tayra · Married on 07/15/2013

Working with Rev Samora was the best decision ever! Our ceremony was perfect, from the wording to her tone of voice. She is a very lovely person and dedicated to her job 100%. I would recommend her services to any couple, easy to work with, patient and professional. I chose the package including the photographer and the guitar, both worked out better than I expected. The pictures are beautiful and the musician gave the last touch to our ceremony. Plus, I was having a destination wedding, Rev Samora ordered the bouquet for me and it was just like I dreamed. Thank you a million times for your great job and your blessing.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/22/2013

Reverend Samora truly brought our wedding together! The ceremony was absolutely incredible & her words were eloquent and individualized. I would recommend Reverend Samora to anyone who is getting married! She is the best!!!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Thomas · Married on 06/21/2013

If you need someone to perform a ceremony with no love, soul or taste, Rev Samora is not for you. If on the other hand you want a warm, caring and altogether beautiful woman to be a part of your special day, look no further. Rev Samora took the time to get to know the both of us. She went out of her way to figure out the ceremony that would work for us. There's no cookie cutter versions here. Did we want funny, religious, serious? Who were we as a couple, what were we like together? The ceremony was beautiful and Rev Samora took care of all the details you might forget. I can't say enough good things about her and would recommend her services 1000%.

Sent on 07/08/2013
  • Y

Yoeuri · Married on 06/15/2013

Rev. Samora Smith was amazing! She squeezed me in even though I gave her literally three days notice. I knew I wanted her to marry us the moment I spoke to her on the phone. I was blessed to have her be a part of our special day. She is super professional but also very caring. She responded to my questions and concerns immediately. I would recommend her to everyone. Thank you again so so very much!

Sent on 07/07/2013

V · Married on 06/15/2013

My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of having Rev. Samora Smith perform our wedding ceremony. It was down to Earth, heartfelt, and full of love without being over the top and "sappy". The entire planning process was smooth and easy. She was a pleasure to work with and met all of our needs to a "T". Not to mention she is so sweet and lovley to talk to; our initial meeting was like having coffee with a friend. I would highly reccommend her services.

Sent on 07/28/2013
  • I

Idella · Married on 06/14/2013

I married June 14,2013 in Central Park Rev. Samora was a God sent she assisted me with everything since we were in St Louis I was worried but the florist car service butterfly's pictures perfect she made my wedding perfect and stress free . Mrs & Mrs Bledsoe

Sent on 06/16/2013

lisa · Married on 06/14/2013

We have to thank Rev. Samora for writing and conducting a beautiful wedding ceremony for us, for being so pleasant and professional to work with, and for helping to manage wedding day chaos that resulted from a mix up with our limos. If you work with Samora you will see how calm and thoughtful she is. It was inportant to us to have a ceremony that really refected our relationship and personalities, and Samora worked with us to customize the perfect ceremony. Throughout the process of writing our ceremony she had great suggestions and ideas and made us feel we were in great hands - and we were right! On the day of our ceremony my husband accidently got in the wrong limo and wound up arriving to our venue later than he was supposed to. Rev. Samora kept everything under control, and she even spoke with the restaurant to make sure there was staff available to help my husband get his things out of the limo. Her service went above and beyond the duties of officiant, and she really made sure that I did not feel disrupted by the mix up. The ceremony went seamlessly, even with the late start, and we thank Rev. Samora for this! We are so happy with our decision to use Rev. Samora, and we highly recommend her to other couples!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Rev. Samora officiated the most beautiful ceremony we could have ever asked for. She is such a kindred, loving spirit and her presence added so much to our wedding. She took the time to get to know us and to listen to everything we wanted in our ceremony, then delivered the most personal, meaningful and special message. She is absolutely lovely. I highly recommend her! She will make your wedding amazingly beautiful!

Sent on 07/28/2013