Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies Reviews

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 4
Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 5
Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 6
Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 7

Rev. Samora was great. She was professional and punctual. She was quick to respond our questions and to accommodate our needs. She helped us to make our wedding day more special.

Sent on 10/18/2014

Nicholas · Married on 05/25/2014

My partner and I were married by Rev Samora just over a week ago. After talking with several officiants, as soon as we met Rev Samora, we immediately felt a connection with her and knew she was the right officiant for us. Rev Samora was very helpful in creating the most perfect, and unique ceremony for us. We did not know where to even begin when planning our ceremony, and thanks to Rev Samora's guidance and ideas, our ceremony could not have been more perfect. It was exactly what we hoped it would be, with all the right personal touches that we wanted to have incorporated. Rev Samora was willing to be at our rehearsal, which was very helpful and deeply appreciated. Our family and friends have not stopped talking about how beautiful our ceremony was...all thanks to Rev Samora! All communication with Rev Samora was timely and professional. I can not say enough good things about Rev Samora - she is gentle, warm, kind, and thoughtful.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Phillip · Married on 05/20/2014

From first contact through the entire planning stage and actual ceremony, Samora was a delight to work with. Very much saw the vision we had in mind for our wedding.

Sent on 08/06/2014

I don't think I can say anything different than what has already been said about Rev. Samora. She was absolutely amazing to us from the first email exchange to this past weekend on our wedding day. The ceremony she wrote for us was perfect and wonderful and exactly "us". So many of our guests gushed about the ceremony and how the tone perfectly reflected us as a couple.

Rev. Samora instantly put us at ease which was very important to us as the ceremony was the most important part of the day. I'm also somewhat of an introvert so it was great to have someone up there with us who made me feel comfortable and secure. Basically, I cannot recommend Rev. Samora more, she was amazing and made our wedding ceremony everything we ever wanted!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Phill · Married on 05/17/2014

When Jay and I first went online to look for a marriage officiant in NYC we found four that we thought might be good fits. After just a few emails it was clear that Samora Smith was going to be our choice! She contacted us promptly, provided us with just the information we needed, fashioned a lovely ceremony, and was very flexible when we were picking dates and times. She was informed about our chosen location in Central Park and linked us up with a wonderful photographer (Jared Slater at J&J Photography). Together they made our special day the relaxed and ultimately fun and exciting occasion we wanted it to be. Samora felt like an old family friend. Although our's was a simple affair we appreciated her professionalism, good humor and flexibility. We wholeheartedly recommend her services!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 05/14/2014

We were so happy when we found Rev Samora. She handled everything beautifully and my wife and I never had to worry. Rev Samora communicated everything across to us and helped guide us through what we needed to do step by step. She has such a soothing and loving energy about her. We decided to have our wedding in Central Park, it was a beautiful day, but there was more of a crowd than we expected. As soon as Rev Samora showed up her positive energy quickly made us forget about everyone else around us. The ceremony was perfect. Thank you for making us feel like we had the park to ourselves during our wedding. We are so very grateful we found you and that you were a part of our very special day.

Liz & Lucy

Sent on 07/29/2014

Brian · Married on 05/03/2014

My partner and I felt an instant connection when we first spoke with Rev. Samora by Skype. We stopped our search after that call and were very happy in all of our interactions with Rev. Samora. She was very flexible and easy to work with. Our sense is that she adapts to the style and circumstances of the couple. She was happy to go with what we had already planned, and also added her thoughts, style and wisdom to the process. Although we only had a few interactions, we definitely felt that she genuinely cared about us as a couple, the wedding experience and even our future success. We received many positive comments from our guests about the ceremony. Thank you Rev. Samora!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Erin · Married on 04/27/2014

Samora was the officiant at our wedding on 4-27-14 and we could not have been happier! She is very knowledgeable (she had great tips for editing our ceremony) and can hold the attention of the crowd. Samora is always in a good mood and she sets the tone for the beginning of your wedding. She let us do things our way, but offered helpful advice when needed. I loved working with an open-minded and caring officiant who was willing to travel to upstate NY from NYC to help make this dream come true for us. I highly recommend Samora to anyone having a wedding!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Erin · Married on 04/27/2014

We loved using Samora at our wedding. She was the punctual, easy to work with, hard working and very helpful! She did our ceremony at The Garrison and I would highly recommend Samora.

Sent on 01/13/2018

Meghan · Married on 04/22/2014

From the moment we first spoke with Reverend Samora, we knew she was the only person we wanted to marry us. We had previously fallen in love with her website and when we spoke to her we knew she was going to help us every step of the way. Our cherry blossom Central Park wedding was intimate and by far the best day of our lives!
    Reverend Samora is warm, welcoming and a wonderful woman. This is not just her job, this is her passion.
    Thank you for making our dreams come true!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Nita · Married on 04/17/2014

Rev. Samora was very professional from day one. In the planning stages, she was always prompt with her replies and eager to assist us in any way. On the day of our wedding, I couldn't have asked for a more caring and genuine person to officiate our ceremony. Rev. Samora made our wedding very meaningful and memorable. We were very fortunate to have her and I highly recommend her to anyone. She really made a
    difference.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Kelley · Married on 04/04/2014

Rev. Samora was the most amazing lady! You would think you would have trouble finding someone to help us coming from out of town; but she so helpful. She always responded promptly to emails and phone calls. She wrote the most beautiful ceremony for us. She showed up to meet exactly on time and where we were suppose to be! Thank Goodness for Rev. Samora! She was the icing on the cake!

Sent on 04/08/2014

Hayley · Married on 03/01/2014

My husband and I are from out of town and wanted to get married in Central Park. Rev. Samora was extremely helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. She answered many questions about the park and even provided a violinist for the ceremony. She performed the type of ceremony that we wanted, even allowing us to read, edit, and approve the vows ahead of time. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking to be married in the New York City area. If we ever decide to renew our vows in the future, I will definitely be giving Rev. Samora a call to perform the ceremony!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Lauren · Married on 02/22/2014

Rev. Samora was wonderful!!! Everyone who attended our wedding kept commenting on what a great job she did. Planning a wedding from Florida is not easy. We went on line and read the reviews about her and every one of them was true. Rev. Samora was not there just to get a job done, she cares! Her words are said with such feeling and emotion. She even performed a song for us which was beautiful. I would highly recommend Rev. Samora!! I cannot THANK her enough because she made a very special day even that much more special.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Charlena · Married on 02/22/2014

Rev. Samora performed our elopement wedding ceremony in Central Park during February on my birthday. The location my husband and I found was covered in snow, but Rev. Samora quickly found a new spot and it was beautiful! She arrived on time, was very friendly and engaged us in conversation. We live out of state and the clerk's office did not send our marriage certificate. She provided assistance with obtaining another one. If I could give Rev. Samora 10 stars, I would.

Sent on 08/23/2014

Liza · Married on 02/20/2014

Our wedding was magical winter wonderland perfection. Rev. Samora was so wonderful to work with, she had answers, solutions and suggestions for all the wedding details from the transportation to flowers, locations, Central Park, NYC, could not have been a more beautiful winter bliss. She really captured and summarized our 20 year amazing relationship in such a perfect way in our 30 minute ceremony, we, (even our guests), thought her words were so true to our lives, and her voice so angelic, that it felt as if NYC stood still for those moments hanging on her every next word. We could not have picked a more amazing Officiant than Rev. Samora. Truly a wonderfully memorable experience for us and our guests.

Sent on 07/29/2014

Ernest · Married on 01/11/2014

Rev Samora was a pleasure to work with. She made our Wedding Day very special. She was so kind and sweet in helping us prepare for our special day. We live in Georgia and did all the preparations via phone and emails with her and she made it so simple for us. She always gave us so much great advice that we never once had any concerns about our Wedding Day. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a ceremony. She made our Wedding Day so special, that we are so thankful to of had her celebrate it with us. We just want to say, Thank You Rev. Samora for celebrating our Wedding with us and making it very memorable.

Thanks,
    Bill & Ernie

Sent on 01/28/2014

Erik · Married on 12/30/2013

Last fall, we contacted Reverend Samora. We were planning a very small ceremony, and she worked with us to figure out the exact location in central park (Gapstow Bridge is lovely any time of year, if you're curious). Once we knew where, she helped us plan exactly what the ceremony would entail. It was simple, beautiful, and my wife and I couldn't stop crying. To be honest, it felt like a good friend giving the ceremony, despite us having only met in person minutes previously. Her recommendation of photographer was perfect, as well, and the whole wedding was seamless and more wonderful than we could have hoped for.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Megan · Married on 12/21/2013

Rev. Samora was a God send. My partner and I were planning an out of town wedding in NYC and Rev. Samora was referred to us by our wedding planner. Our initial meeting was through email. She was kind, courteous, professional, and organized. We had several exchanges over email and finally met one morning while we were in NYC. She crafted a wedding service and vows that were inspirational and quintessentially my partner and I. Her client service was impeccable and she was a joy to work with. My partner and I feel very blessed to have had Rev. Samora as our officiant for our wedding.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Lynn · Married on 12/20/2013

Rev Samora made our wedding day even more amazing than we could have hoped. After a few emails and phone calls of introductions, she was able to write a ceremony that fit us perfectly. She brought a certain kindness and warmth to our ceremony that was unexpected and very noticeable to my wife and I, and our families. She made our day beautiful.

Sent on 07/19/2014

Rev. Samora was so important in making our wedding a memorable event. She helped us find the perfect venue, arranged a photographer, and wrote a special ceremony that spoke to our values and spiritual beliefs all in only four days! Her warm and caring personality makes her so easy and fun to interact with and made her the perfect officiant to our wedding. So lucky to have found her!

Sent on 08/28/2014

We were absolutely delighted with Rev. Samora. She guided us through the whole process with ease, from making contact with her right through to our wedding day. We found this great as we were arranging everything from Australia.

Rev. Samora was honest, reliable and professional.

We couldn't have asked for a better person to provide our wedding service. We were so grateful.

Sent on 06/14/2014

Joseph · Married on 10/25/2013

Rev. Samora was FANTASTIC to work with! We feel very blessed to have found her, and couldn't imagine our special day to have been officiated by anyone else! She helped in every way necessary, even working with us on last minute travel issues of the Big Apple! Rev. Samora was actually the first we contacted and couldn't have been happier! PS she looks great in our photos too!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2013

When my fiancé and I began to look at officiant’s for our wedding we were very overwhelmed with the many choices out there. With the ceremony being the most important part of the wedding, we wanted to ensure we had someone that could tell our love story and create a truly special ceremony . After our first meeting with Samora we booked immediately, she was so interested in our story and the overall vision for our wedding, it made us feel that she truly wanted to be a part of our big day. Leading up to the wedding she provided the “script” and was more than willing in to make a few iterations to capture exactly what we wanted. She even stopped over to our apartment a few weeks before the wedding to walk through the ceremony details and make sure we were 100% comfortable. The ceremony itself was beautiful and we are still impressed that someone we had only met once or twice was able to tell a beautiful love story and capture our guests.

Sent on 01/21/2014

Rev. Samora was AMAZING. The ceremony she drafted for us was just the language we were looking for. She was able to accommodate a prayer and additional reading seamlessly, adding to the personalization of our ceremony. In a heartbeat, I would recommend her as she made us both feel incredibly comfortable and excited for our special day.

Sent on 10/21/2013