Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies Reviews

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 5
Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 6
Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 7

jon · Married on 05/12/2017

When my partner and I were looking for an officiant for our wedding, Google lead us right to Rev. Samora. I checked the reviews. They were great. I looked for negative reviews and I found none. We set up an appointment to meet Rev. Samora. My partner and I felt an immediate spiritual connection. She asked personal questions to ensure she captured “US”. She suggested several things to incorporate into the ceremony to make it uniquely ours.

On May 12th, 2017, Rev. Samora performed our ceremony. Everyone loved her and thought we were long times friends. She not only described each of us as if she had known us for years, she also shared our story with our guests and spoke from the heart. Rev. Samora was the perfect officiant for our special unique ceremony.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Maureen · Married on 05/03/2017

We'd definitely recommend Rev Samora, she officiated at our ceremony in May. She was relaxed and friendly plus she'd tailored our ceremony to perfectly suit our requirements!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/22/2017

We were absolutely satisfied by our choice in working with Rev. Samora as our officiant. She is an expert at crafting ceremonies that are tailored to the details that are important to the couple. No matter what your beliefs are, she will create a beautiful ceremony for you that speaks to what you and your partner cherish in your relationship. She is an expert at navigating the stresses of the day including backup rain plans. We have no reservations in thinking that she would be wonderful working with a wedding of any size. Our guests were tearing up as they told us how beautiful the ceremony was. We wrote our own vows and Rev. Samora helped us feel prepared to say them with her writing process. With all of the stresses of the wedding planning, we have to say that working with Rev. Samora grounded us. Working on our ceremony brought us back to the real reasons why we were looking forward to our wedding day and marriage- beyond the details of color schemes and linens. We highly recommend working with her!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Brian · Married on 03/11/2017

With all the flurry of preparation for our wedding, it seemed like the "emotion of it all" can sometimes be placed in the background! Rev. Samora brought my wife and I right back to the "moment." I remember standing in front of everyone and seeing my beautiful wife slowly walking towards me and thinking, "this is it!" and then Rev. Samora started to speak beautiful, heartfelt words that put us both in tears of happiness and we felt such appreciation for each other. It was just beautiful!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Laura · Married on 02/18/2017

I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about! We only spoke a few times prior to our service and it could not have been better!! She truly has a gift and made our ceremony better than we could have imagined!

Sent on 03/10/2017
  • F

Fatima · Married on 01/07/2017

Out of everyone I messaged, Samora was the one who responded right away. Setting up a meeting location and date was very simple and she worked very well around our schedule. She was very easy to talk to and had a lot of great ideas and input. She also was very open to our ideas and incorporated them into our ceremony. She even traveled to the location that we picked in the snow and bared the cold snowy weather with us for the ceremony. I highly recommend her to everyone!!! She is awesome!!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Brian · Married on 12/29/2016

Rev. Samora was FANTASTIC! My wife and I reached out to her just weeks before our big day and she couldn't have been more accommodating with our Central Park ceremony. Rev. Samora created a beautiful personalized ceremony and provided suggestions throughout the entire process. She's responsive, reliable and will go the extra mile to mitigate any stress that comes with such an important day. We highly recommend her as your Officiant, you won't regret it!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Carlo · Married on 09/17/2016

We were absolutely delighted with Rev. Samora. The ceremony was touching and very personal - exactly what we had wanted. Rev. Samora was very responsive to emails and helped make sure everything went smoothly on the day. We would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending her.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Conrad · Married on 09/04/2016

Reverend Samora was fantastic. She made us feel very comfortable about the planning process and employs a system that is easy to use and completely stress free. We told her that we wanted a ceremony that touched on religion but focused more on love and our relationship. After receiving some information from us, Samora was able to craft a beautiful ceremony that went exactly as we had hoped. Samora was incredibly easy to work with and did a great job. We highly recommend her.

Clara · Married on 08/28/2016

Samora was amazing. My husband and I agree that the ceremony was the highest high of the entire wedding experience - due to Samora and her officianting. She was so GOOD at it! She helped us create a very personal ceremony and gave us great advice and suggestions throughout the process - right up until we were about to walk down the aisle and she suggested that we repeat our vows instead of reading off paper (such a better idea, because we could actually look into each other's eyes while we said our vows instead of at the paper). The ceremony and Samora were the first thing everyone commented on and were so impressed by. She made us feel comfortable, special, and powerful on our wedding day. We would highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 09/09/2016

I was married by this sweet lady on July 30. Of this year. Me and my wife are already thinking about renewing our vowels with her. Everything was great and she made it better.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Rev. Samora was the best officiant we could have ever dreamed of! From the very beginning, she was highly responsive and worked with us to customize the ceremony to what we wanted. She helped us pick out a beautiful location, and helped us arrange a contingency for a weather event as well. She was incredibly sweet, thoughtful, and warm throughout, just the type of person you would want at such an important occasion in your life. I can't imagine the ceremony going any better - and it was all thanks to Rev. Samora!

Christopher · Married on 07/07/2016

Samora was a pleasure to work with. We did not want our ceremony to be super formal or religious, and Samora helped take our "love story" and shape it into a beautiful and naturally flowing wedding. We were a small, intimate group, and Samora fit right in and made everyone feel comfortable and relaxed. I would recommend her for anyone who wants to take the stress out of their special day, I can attest that she is one less thing you will need to worry about!

Shane · Married on 06/27/2016

We used rev samora to marry us in central park abd the choice we made couldnt of been better.from.the outset she was so helpful in helping us organise our wedding.we live in ireland and as you can imagine it was a little daunting organising everything so far away but the service provided had us at ease for day one about our cermony.and even after our cermony rev samora took care of all the legal stuff.we couldnt recommend her enough to anyone getting married you honestly will have nothing to worry about from start to finish.

Sarah · Married on 06/26/2016

We used Common Ground Ceremonies for our 5 year anniversary together and then our big wedding for the family in 2016. My husband and I are very laid back, lapsed Jew, lapsed Catholic, so we wanted our ceremony to be more about life than faith. Samora worked with us for months and we built a great relationship with her. I am ironically uncomfortable with weddings... and yet I honestly would love to get married to Neil again and have Samora be there. Of course that cannot happen unless we both get amicably divorced so we will probably just see her for our 10 year anniversary together (lol). Our ceremony was full of laughs, happy tears, and surprises. We surprised my husband, who never gets surprised. She is epic. If you want your ceremony to be full of life and joy, choose her.

Sent on 12/27/2017
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 8
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 9

Rev Samora executed very well for our small intimate marriage ceremony in the city. She was attentive to the details, coming in to adjust my wife's gown during her procession to the altar and doing so naturally and gently. She also carried out the marriage ceremony with an air of authority through our readings (well written by her), vow and ring exchanges to the kissing of the bride that moved our families. I would definitely recommend Rev Samora to officiant for any intimate marriage ceremony in the city.

Krystle · Married on 06/24/2016

Rev Samora was amazing! She was kind, helpful, and made us feel at ease before our ceremony. There's so many nice things that I could say about her...she was the perfect fit for our little ceremony. I couldn't have imagined anyone else performing our ceremony. So glad we found her!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Matthew · Married on 06/04/2016

Samora did a wonderful job with our ceremony. We had some challenges due to it being an interfaith ceremony. Both of our mothers were apprehensive but ended up loving her ceremony. She took the time to get to know us, developed a beautiful ceremony and exceeded all our expectations. Many guests came up to compliment her on the service. I would highly recommend her.

Sheri · Married on 06/04/2016

Rev. Samora was hands down the very best choice for us! Rev. Samora was delightful and so resourceful. In retrospect I wish we had found her first in the wedding planning process to provide us insight on all the other details because she was so knowledgeable and helpful. We really had no idea what details we wanted specifically, even after MONTHS of internet searches, and Rev. Samora helped us decide almost everything in a 30 minute call. Ours was a destination wedding so we never officially met Rev. Samora until our wedding day. She was great on the phone, but can that standard really hold up in person? Yes, you bet it can! She was amazing! In true wedding fashion, as I have been told, complications occur, especially in NYC with everyone from out of town. Traffic was in gridlock. Subway lines shut down. We weren't going to get the pictures we wanted because We were in traffic and the photographer had another wedding to attend. To top, we had a bridesmaid with a very unanticipated hangover. So, to say my patience was exceeded when I met Rev. Samora for the first time is a stark understatement. I still don't know how she did it, but she calmed me and took care of EVERYTHING!! She pushed back the time, she negotiated the photographer issue, and put a huge smile on everyone's faces, especially ours, that we didn't even know was possible, particularly for a person we had never met. We can't begin to thank her enough for the beautiful and heartfelt ceremony she performed for us. She took the time to learn "our story" and what was important to us to include it in the ceremony. She made it personal and nothing short of absolute perfection! So many people at our wedding commented afterwards about how delightful, welcoming, and wonderful she was! Having such a high level of professionalism and at the same time such warmth is truly a gift! A gift that we feel so fortunate to have experienced!
    TOP NOTCH!

Gulya · Married on 06/03/2016

At some point we have decided that we don't need the craziness of a full grown-up wedding. We just wanted to get married and keep the feelings we have for each other between us. We love walking in Central Park, so we wanted to walk in, choose a spot and get married right there, on a beautiful sunny day. The only downside of that was that we couldn't do it by ourselves. We needed officiant. We searched and no one clicked. No, actually it wasn't like that. We found Rev. Samora right in the beginning of our search and there was a click, but we thought that it could be just that all of the officiants sound great. We continue our search - no one got even closed. So, we reached out to Samora and explained what we wanted and even though it was a last minute thing and she had a crazy schedule she managed to fit us in. Everything was so easy and smooth and nice and calm. Rev.Samora even suggested us a spot. and BOOM - we are happily married! Highly recommend!

Thomas · Married on 05/28/2016

What can we say about Rev. Samora that hasn't been said already!! We had planned our wedding ceremony on memorial day weekend, We had explained to Rev. Samora that we were on a budget and that we really really wanted her to be our officiant of our ceremony. Rev. Samora said no worries and she worked out a plan for us!! Rev. Samora was so easy to work with, she arrived early and had us run through the ceremony to put us at ease. During the ceremony Rev. Samora had such warm beautiful caring words. Rev. Samora is one of those people that when you meet her you just get a warm wonderful calm feeling from. Our ceremony was perfect, beautiful, magical and a day me and my beautiful wife will never ever forget!! We love you Rev. Samora Xoxoxoxo

Sent on 10/22/2016

Moeisha · Married on 05/23/2016

Moeisha & Jason/May 23, 2016
    We were recently married in May 2016 and could not have asked for a better ceremony! It all started with our decision to employ Rev. Samora Smith on behalf of “Common Ground Ceremonies” as our officiant and day-of coordinator. From our first meeting, we were easily swayed by her warm demeanor, attention to detail and genuine interest in getting to know us. Her involvement was consistent throughout the entire planning process. She helped us merge our existing ideas and non-ideas and was able to utilize our unique input to customize our ideal ceremony. She accomplished this by listening to our story and sharing our vision. She is well-versed with the NYC landscape and made several suggestions during our planning. She has great knowledge of potential ceremony locations, reception venues, hotels for out-of-town guests and even transportation. We were so pleased after surveying several locations when Samora recommended and helped us finalize the perfect spot in Central Park for our ceremony. (The Cop Cot, which we highly recommend to anyone planning a Spring/Summer wedding in the park). Samora also arranged and booked a musician to play live guitar during our ceremony. Beyond that, she even advised us to have a back-up location on stand-by just in case of bad weather. Thankfully, the day was beautiful but it was just one more thing that gave us peace of mind on our big day. The list goes on and on… She was always on time, very organized, always brought a great attitude and always had answers (or suggestions) when we had concerns. These are some of the measurable attributes, but we were more impressed with the intangibles she brought forth. The ownership and pride she took in overseeing our special ceremony is what truly set her apart from the rest. Our big day was truly AMAZING to say the least thanks to Samora. We highly recommend “Common Ground Ceremonies” to take your wedding celebration to the next level!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Andrea · Married on 05/22/2016

Reverend Samora Smith was the perfect fit for my husband and I. She did both our elopement ceremony in Central Park & our big wedding ceremony in North Bergen, NJ. I love that she wanted to sit down and talk with us after we spoke over the phone about what we were looking for. We got to know her and she got to know us. It was amazing that Rev. Samora did both ceremonies but each were so different in their own ways. She added personal touches to each one that made them breathtaking and memeorable. We appreciate her amazing work and loved having her marry us twice :)

-Mr. & Mrs. Jackson

Sent on 12/07/2016

Andrew · Married on 05/21/2016

It was exactly what we were looking for.

Patrick · Married on 05/21/2016

We had a surprise wedding, so Rev.Samora had to blend into our "going away" party and even handle the difficult, "how do you know them,' questions easily, until it was time for her to step forward and marry us. It was a pleasure working with her and getting her guidance on writing our vows. Her approach and lovely words added such a special touch to a wonderful night, I couldn't recommend Rev. Samora more highly!

Sent on 10/31/2016