Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies Reviews

218 | New York, NY

218 Reviews for Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies

218 Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies Reviews

Vicky · Married on 09/05/2018

We arranged our elopement wedding in Central Park, NYC from the UK. Researching for an officiant we came across Common Ground Ceremonies, after watching the video clips and looking through reviews and photos it confirmed to us how much we wanted Reverend Samora to perform the ceremony on our special day. We were very impressed with the draft script we were sent and have to say that our day would not have been as amazing as it was without Reverend Samora! The ceremony itself was very personal, Reverend Samora reading with real emotion and feeling.
    I would highly recommend Common Ground Ceremonies and Reverend Samora when looking for an officiant, such a lovely, compassionate person.
    Thank you for such a beautiful smooth ceremony!

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 1
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 7
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 8
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 9

Stacia · Married on 08/22/2018

Samora was amazing. We came to her based on referral and she completely exceeded my expectations in officiating our wedding. We wanted something intimate and simple but very special. Because our ceremony was so small it put a lot of pressure on the officiating to be right because it was going to be such a big part of our memories. Samora met with us, listened to us, asked the right questions, and created the perfect ceremony. What an amazing woman! I would recommend her to my closest friends and family!

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 10
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 11
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 12

Christopher · Married on 07/17/2018

Would highly recommend rev Samora we found her to very easy to deal with and the service was out of this world made our day very easy and was there every step of the way with a smile

Neal · Married on 06/30/2018

Reverend Samora performed a beautiful ceremony at our wedding. She captured exactly the sentiment we were looking for. She was very helpful in guiding us through the process and was very responsive to our questions. We received many compliments from our guests on the ceremony and vows she put together. HIGHLY recommend her!

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 13
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 14

Karyn · Married on 05/04/2018

We knew from the moment we met Rev. Samora she was the absolute perfect choice to officiate our wedding.
    I can go on and on about her, but bottom line - she's outstanding!!! If you're looking for an officiant who can put together the most beautiful ceremony and do it exactly the way you want it... she is your answer. Rev. Samora is clear, concise and so well spoken. She takes time to get to know you and know your story. Our guests RAVED about our ceremony because Rev. Samora made it romantic, fun and interesting. Exactly how we envisioned it would be!

Vanessa · Married on 04/22/2018

Willing to meet us first before setting up our ceremony to fit what we wanted. Spoke clearly, preplanned service and arrived early for the event. Absolutely worth the price and made me feel so comfortable around. Will love to hire again for another relative in near future.

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 15
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 16

anna · Married on 04/19/2018

Samora was great! She was very flexible (which is necessary for a stressed out bride) and made our day very special. She gave suggestions for my location, recommendations and in the end our ceremony was exactly what I wanted. Samora collected information about us and the vows were well said/very personal!

• Crystal

Crystal · Married on 03/30/2018

Samora couldn't officiate our wedding because of a family emergency but had a replacement, Daniela VillaRamos. Samora rest assure that Daniela would take care of us. Daniela absolutely did! She was so sweet and had great energy. We were so happy with Daniela! She definitely tailored the ceremony to reflect my husband and I.

Sent on 04/07/2018

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies's reply:

I am so grateful to Daniela for delivering an amazing services on my behalf. Many couples worry about these scenarios happening on their special day and sometimes we can't plan for these types of emergencies. I feel so relieved to have such amazing colleagues. Congratulations!!

Rhiannon · Married on 02/24/2018

Rev Samora performed a perfect ceremony for us. We talked with her a lot about our all-inclusive attitudes towards religion/faith, and she completely got our vibe. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that centered on love and the unification of our families. I loved every part of it. She's incredible to work with and I can't recommend her highly enough!

Lorelei · Married on 02/09/2018

Reverend Samora was fantastic to work with! She was awesome about going over our ceremony and giving helpful feedback about what would work and what wouldn't. She had amazing energy at our event and when there were glitches in sound/equipment/the room, etc. she just ran with it and made it all work. We'd both highly recommend working with her on your special day.

Leslie · Married on 01/27/2018

A wedding in itself is a stressful event however the care and compassion demonstrated by Rev Samora before and during the event helped to allay our fears and anxiety. Rev Samora was thorough in her preparation, she drew upon her experience and provided suggestions, there were appropriate and practical tips offered which helped in our decision making process and most importantly, she demonstrated a willingness to tailor the event to suit our needs. We certainly would recommend her as an Officiating Minister for a wedding.

Elena · Married on 01/14/2018

Reverend Samora was born to do this! Any couple would incredibly lucky to have her as their wedding officiant!

John · Married on 01/05/2018

What kind of people hold an outdoor wedding, at Bethesda Fountain in Central Park, in January, in 15 degree weather?! That would be us.

It's not as if we especially crave frigid weather. But what we did want was a very short service, held in a beautiful setting in Manhattan, during the first week of January with all the promise of fresh starts that the new year brings. And Rev. Samora was a total trouper!

We met with her two months prior, and she was wonderful; smart, good-natured, welcoming and calming. As a gay couple, we loved her "love is love" attitude when it comes to officiating a same-sex wedding. And we also appreciated her ability to craft a beautiful service that met our needs exactly. Several of our guests complimented her to us, which underscored that she was the perfect choice.

We join so many others in recommending Rev. Samora highly.

Melissa · Married on 11/03/2017

We just had our wedding on Saturday. We met with Rev.Samora in November and discussed what we had envisioned for our wedding. We were at ease with the wedding planning process as soon as we sat down with Rev.Samora because we knew that by workkng with her we would have the exact wedding ceremony we had dreamed of. Rev.Samora also put us into contact with a harpist which was the perfect added detail to our ceremony. Coming from an interracial background, I wanted that to be reflected in our ceremony. We were able to have a beautifully written ceremony, that incorporated our families interaction into our vows as we stood under a chuppah and that concluded with breaking glass and jumping the broom.

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 17

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

We got married one week ago and are still on Cloud 9. Reverend Samora helped make our day so unbelievably special and memorable. If you are looking for an officiant, Reverend Samora is the best around-- the compliments we received after our ceremony were numerous, people "felt her love," they could tell "that she was deeply spiritual" and someone even said that it was "the most powerful service" they have witnessed. These are not common comments about a wedding officiant and these are a true testament to how special she is-- kind, caring, calm, experienced, and overall wonderful. We felt extremely lucky to have her with us on our special day.

Sandro · Married on 09/05/2017

My newly wedded husband and I are very much a look, feel and gut instinct type of people and our decision in choosing a celebrant was based on that. Rev. Samora from first online impressions was one of warmth, welcoming and love, finally we met in NY a few days before our wedding and our instinct were right, those qualities followed through in the initial meeting but also on the day as she guided us over the threshold of our union of love to one another.

We feel that she is very personable, and open to embracing each couples uniqueness regardless of their beliefs. We would recommend her for anyone, whether religious or not, to be involved and play a part in the most special day of a couples lives together!! She truly is amazing, kind hearted, open minded and someone that will always be special to us.

Sandro and Beau Sertorio

Sent on 09/16/2017

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies's reply:

I am honored to have played a part in walking you across that threshold. Your love transcends all barriers and always hold it close to your hearts. You have blessed me!

Jay · Married on 07/30/2017

We cared a great deal about all the details of our wedding, but nothing weighed more in importance than the ceremony . We wanted the ceremony to be the highlight of our celebration. And Rev. Samora went above and beyond in delivering that. She crafted everything from scratch. She captured the important nuances of our story (and our story is complex, but she did it beautifully!). She was able to bring our families and cultures together, and her words spoke directly to us but also to our very diverse group of guests. It was personal to us (e.g. she remembered that I once said I liked the poet Rumi and she added a beautiful verse from his work) and yet timeless. We had a number of friends and family members commend the ceremony and say it's the best officiating they've heard. Above all, we couldn't say enough about how kind and patient and calm she is, just the right type of person to trust on such a big day.

• Littlelady419

Lisa · Married on 07/08/2017

From the moment, I spoke with Reverend Samora on the phone I told my fiancé I had a good feeling! I loved her story and background! I knew immediately she would be a good fit and perfect for our circumstances.
    So much warmth and positive energy! Reverend Samora was especially helpful with a pre-marital counseling session
    that we did a few months before our wedding and gave us guidance that was important and so needed during a stressful time during our engagement. The questionnaire /assignment we had to do for her really enabled us to reflect on our relationship and she was able to craft a ceremony that was so perfect, heartfelt, warm and engaging! All our guests commented on how wonderful and personal the ceremony was. The wedding day goes by so fast but of all the parts I remember it was the ceremony and all the love we felt on that day! We highly recommend!
    Thank you Rev. Samora for marrying us and sharing in our special day!
    Blessings!
    Lisa & Lloyd

Arlene · Married on 06/27/2017

We hired rev. Samora to marry us in the cop cot in central park. Her services were impeccable , she offered great tips and even got us a musician to play a few songs of choice. Made our day even more special. She was very easy to work with and professional. Highly recommend to anyone near or far.

Gilsang · Married on 06/24/2017

Rev. Samora was very personable and helped my wife and me feel comfortable and relaxed on our happy but at the same time possibly nervous wedding day. Her script was well-written and her voice was well-articulated, helping everyone present understand what was going on even though it was an outdoor wedding. I highly recommend Rev. Samora to future brides and grooms.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies's reply:

It was so wonderful to celebrate with you!! Thank you for the review and I wish you both a loving, happy and prosperous life together

Debbie · Married on 06/23/2017

Samora put our minds at ease, especially as we were traveling from the UK. She answered all the questions raised to ensure our day would be as special as we wanted it to be.

Fantastic day for us and stunned family and friends upon our return to learn that we had married in Central Park

Carrie · Married on 05/20/2017

Reverend Samora was an absolute joy to work with. From the moment we met with her we knew that we wanted her to marry us. She got to know us and from our interactions wrote an absolutely beautiful script for the ceremony.

We're so happy that we found her and that she married us. Her words were beautiful and she guided us through the process with such care and love.

jon · Married on 05/12/2017

When my partner and I were looking for an officiant for our wedding, Google lead us right to Rev. Samora. I checked the reviews. They were great. I looked for negative reviews and I found none. We set up an appointment to meet Rev. Samora. My partner and I felt an immediate spiritual connection. She asked personal questions to ensure she captured “US”. She suggested several things to incorporate into the ceremony to make it uniquely ours.

On May 12th, 2017, Rev. Samora performed our ceremony. Everyone loved her and thought we were long times friends. She not only described each of us as if she had known us for years, she also shared our story with our guests and spoke from the heart. Rev. Samora was the perfect officiant for our special unique ceremony.

Maureen · Married on 05/03/2017

We'd definitely recommend Rev Samora, she officiated at our ceremony in May. She was relaxed and friendly plus she'd tailored our ceremony to perfectly suit our requirements!