Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies Reviews

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 7
  • Alana

Alana · Married on 08/24/2019

Wonderful and amazing

I would like to thank Rev samora for doing such an amazing job at my wedding. She was on time and did an amazing wonderful job st the ceremony. I recommend her 100%

Sent on 09/07/2019

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Alana!! I am so honored to have been a part of your special day. Wishing you all the happiness in your marriage.
  • Kelly

Kelly Thorley · Married on 07/03/2019

Our own real life angel!

We could not have been more honoured or privileged to have Rev Samora officiate our marriage. She made the whole experience seamless and she absorbed every last minute request we had and made our ceremony perfect.

We had an elopement Ceremony and when we met totally put us individually at ease.

We had lots of previous correspondence, but no actual meeting until the day. When we met it was like we were old friends, she put us at ease that much.

Our special day was made even more amazing by Rev Samora, it could not have been more perfect.

I look at my wedding ring and have an overwhelming feeling of love and gratefulness for my now husband. I can not imagine one second of my life without him. He is my love, my family and as per our vows ..... my home.

Rev Samora made this a reality, and with her additional very touching, beautiful words, made this not only extra special, but extremely heartfelt.

A huge Thank you to Rev Samora for this, please don’t stop what you do, you keep it real for everyone of us ... you are amazing!

Rev Samora will have a special place in our special day and a special place in our hearts.

We will always have huge love, gratitude and amazing memories of Rev Samora and our special day .....

Sent on 09/12/2019
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 8
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 9
  • Edgar

Edgar Barbosa · Married on 06/21/2019

Perfect amazing experience.

Choosing Rev Samora to officiate our wedding was one of the greatest decision we made, Rev Samora had patience to wait for our family to get together, the delivery of our ceremony was magical. It was an amazing experience having Rev Samora to be there for us.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies's reply:

It was such a wonderful experience for me to share in that moment with you! Thank you for the generous words!

Matthew Michael · Married on 05/26/2019

Rev Samora was fantastic

My wife and I are so happy Rev Samora was part of our ceremony. She was incredibly professional and polished. More importantly, she conducted a fantastic ceremony that was both humorous and heartwarming. We're fortunate to have been able to include Samora as part of our wedding and highly recommend her

Sent on 05/28/2019

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you!! Congratulations again on your new chapter as husband and wife and on Emily becoming a doctor!! Please keep in touch. Warmly, Rev. Samora

Erik Crepeau · Married on 05/25/2019

Would definitely recommend!!

Rev. Samora took the time to meet with my wife and I to truly understand what we were looking for out of our ceremony. She made herself available for questions both before and after the wedding as well. I would recommend to anyone looking to get married in the area.

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Gabriel

Gabriel Evaristo · Married on 05/17/2019

Amazing afficiant

Rev. Samora is one of a kind!!

We met her at a wedding fair and hired her to be the officiant for our wedding in May/2019. We can hardly put everything in words:

Her speeches, her voice tone, the way she made the ceremony so flowy and catchy, her effort, the perfect coordination with every detail we had in mind for our day, everything was just perfect.

Most of our guests kept asking for how long had we met her for, since everybody thought we were close friends. Not to mention how she made absolute everyone there (grooms included) bawl out!!

She is amazing and would recommend her for anyone looking for authenticity and warmth during the ceremony.

Sent on 08/27/2019
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 15
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 16

Lesley Wiggins · Married on 05/11/2019

Intimate and personalized ceremony

Rev Samora gave us a ceremony that was all about us and fit who we are as people so well! The ceremony was intimate and personalized. She struck the perfect tone of being descriptive, commanding, and adding a touch of humor.

Also her non-verbal cues during the ceremony made us very comfortable and put us at ease the whole time. She would glance at us and use her body language very well during key times.

Leading up to the ceremony she made herself available to meet us at coffee shop, speak on the phone, and communicate over email including sending us a ceremony draft to review. My husband and I would strongly recommend Rev Samora!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Vicky · Married on 09/05/2018

We arranged our elopement wedding in Central Park, NYC from the UK. Researching for an officiant we came across Common Ground Ceremonies, after watching the video clips and looking through reviews and photos it confirmed to us how much we wanted Reverend Samora to perform the ceremony on our special day. We were very impressed with the draft script we were sent and have to say that our day would not have been as amazing as it was without Reverend Samora! The ceremony itself was very personal, Reverend Samora reading with real emotion and feeling.
    I would highly recommend Common Ground Ceremonies and Reverend Samora when looking for an officiant, such a lovely, compassionate person.
    Thank you for such a beautiful smooth ceremony!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 23
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 24
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 25

Stacia · Married on 08/22/2018

Samora was amazing. We came to her based on referral and she completely exceeded my expectations in officiating our wedding. We wanted something intimate and simple but very special. Because our ceremony was so small it put a lot of pressure on the officiating to be right because it was going to be such a big part of our memories. Samora met with us, listened to us, asked the right questions, and created the perfect ceremony. What an amazing woman! I would recommend her to my closest friends and family!

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 26
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 27
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 28

Cherina · Married on 08/03/2018

Thank You Rev. Samora

Deciding on Rev Samora to officiate our wedding was an amazing decision! My wife and I became familiar Rev Samora after she officiated a friend’s wedding a few years prior. She was so great that we knew we had to have her at ours. Rev Samora was so thorough and made the process a breeze. She communicated with us via phone, email, and in person to get to know us, our style of ceremony, what’s important to us and so on. She made sure to include every detail into our ceremony that we discussed. Reading the words prior to the big day didn’t do it justice. When hearing Rev Samora deliver those words, we were in tears and many of our guests were as well. In fact our family and friends raved about her for several days after the wedding. We couldn’t have asked for a better officiant. Thank you Rev Samora for all that you did and making our wedding day very special!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Christopher · Married on 07/17/2018

Would highly recommend rev Samora we found her to very easy to deal with and the service was out of this world made our day very easy and was there every step of the way with a smile

Sent on 09/29/2018

Neal · Married on 06/30/2018

Reverend Samora performed a beautiful ceremony at our wedding. She captured exactly the sentiment we were looking for. She was very helpful in guiding us through the process and was very responsive to our questions. We received many compliments from our guests on the ceremony and vows she put together. HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 10/13/2018
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 29
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 30

Karyn · Married on 05/04/2018

We knew from the moment we met Rev. Samora she was the absolute perfect choice to officiate our wedding.
    I can go on and on about her, but bottom line - she's outstanding!!! If you're looking for an officiant who can put together the most beautiful ceremony and do it exactly the way you want it... she is your answer. Rev. Samora is clear, concise and so well spoken. She takes time to get to know you and know your story. Our guests RAVED about our ceremony because Rev. Samora made it romantic, fun and interesting. Exactly how we envisioned it would be!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Vanessa · Married on 04/22/2018

Willing to meet us first before setting up our ceremony to fit what we wanted. Spoke clearly, preplanned service and arrived early for the event. Absolutely worth the price and made me feel so comfortable around. Will love to hire again for another relative in near future.

Sent on 07/10/2018
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 31
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 32

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2018

Book Her Now!

Reverend Samora was an absolute dream to work with! I hired her a little more than a month before our wedding and she was super accommodating. With just a quick phone call and a short questionnaire, she totally understood my husband and I and what we wanted out of our ceremony. She ensured our ceremony was brief, but long enough to truly impact our guests with her script she formatted just for us. If you are looking for a professional, flexible, and charismatic officiant than you must book Reverend Samora Smith.

Sent on 10/29/2018

anna · Married on 04/19/2018

Samora was great! She was very flexible (which is necessary for a stressed out bride) and made our day very special. She gave suggestions for my location, recommendations and in the end our ceremony was exactly what I wanted. Samora collected information about us and the vows were well said/very personal!

Sent on 05/07/2018
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 03/30/2018

Samora couldn't officiate our wedding because of a family emergency but had a replacement, Daniela VillaRamos. Samora rest assure that Daniela would take care of us. Daniela absolutely did! She was so sweet and had great energy. We were so happy with Daniela! She definitely tailored the ceremony to reflect my husband and I.

Sent on 04/07/2018

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies's reply:

I am so grateful to Daniela for delivering an amazing services on my behalf. Many couples worry about these scenarios happening on their special day and sometimes we can't plan for these types of emergencies. I feel so relieved to have such amazing colleagues. Congratulations!!

Rhiannon · Married on 02/24/2018

Rev Samora performed a perfect ceremony for us. We talked with her a lot about our all-inclusive attitudes towards religion/faith, and she completely got our vibe. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that centered on love and the unification of our families. I loved every part of it. She's incredible to work with and I can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 03/02/2018

Lorelei · Married on 02/09/2018

Reverend Samora was fantastic to work with! She was awesome about going over our ceremony and giving helpful feedback about what would work and what wouldn't. She had amazing energy at our event and when there were glitches in sound/equipment/the room, etc. she just ran with it and made it all work. We'd both highly recommend working with her on your special day.

Sent on 02/28/2018

Leslie · Married on 01/27/2018

A wedding in itself is a stressful event however the care and compassion demonstrated by Rev Samora before and during the event helped to allay our fears and anxiety. Rev Samora was thorough in her preparation, she drew upon her experience and provided suggestions, there were appropriate and practical tips offered which helped in our decision making process and most importantly, she demonstrated a willingness to tailor the event to suit our needs. We certainly would recommend her as an Officiating Minister for a wedding.

Sent on 01/31/2018

Elena · Married on 01/14/2018

Reverend Samora was born to do this! Any couple would incredibly lucky to have her as their wedding officiant!

Sent on 09/23/2018

John · Married on 01/05/2018

What kind of people hold an outdoor wedding, at Bethesda Fountain in Central Park, in January, in 15 degree weather?! That would be us.

It's not as if we especially crave frigid weather. But what we did want was a very short service, held in a beautiful setting in Manhattan, during the first week of January with all the promise of fresh starts that the new year brings. And Rev. Samora was a total trouper!

We met with her two months prior, and she was wonderful; smart, good-natured, welcoming and calming. As a gay couple, we loved her "love is love" attitude when it comes to officiating a same-sex wedding. And we also appreciated her ability to craft a beautiful service that met our needs exactly. Several of our guests complimented her to us, which underscored that she was the perfect choice.

We join so many others in recommending Rev. Samora highly.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Melissa · Married on 11/03/2017

We just had our wedding on Saturday. We met with Rev.Samora in November and discussed what we had envisioned for our wedding. We were at ease with the wedding planning process as soon as we sat down with Rev.Samora because we knew that by workkng with her we would have the exact wedding ceremony we had dreamed of. Rev.Samora also put us into contact with a harpist which was the perfect added detail to our ceremony. Coming from an interracial background, I wanted that to be reflected in our ceremony. We were able to have a beautifully written ceremony, that incorporated our families interaction into our vows as we stood under a chuppah and that concluded with breaking glass and jumping the broom.

Sent on 04/12/2018
    Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies 33

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

We got married one week ago and are still on Cloud 9. Reverend Samora helped make our day so unbelievably special and memorable. If you are looking for an officiant, Reverend Samora is the best around-- the compliments we received after our ceremony were numerous, people "felt her love," they could tell "that she was deeply spiritual" and someone even said that it was "the most powerful service" they have witnessed. These are not common comments about a wedding officiant and these are a true testament to how special she is-- kind, caring, calm, experienced, and overall wonderful. We felt extremely lucky to have her with us on our special day.

Sent on 10/03/2017