212 Reviews for Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies

Counseling (1)
Catholic (1)
Agnostic (1)
211 Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies Reviews

We knew from the moment we met Rev. Samora she was the absolute perfect choice to officiate our wedding.
I can go on and on about her, but bottom line - she's outstanding!!! If you're looking for an officiant who can put together the most beautiful ceremony and do it exactly the way you want it... she is your answer. Rev. Samora is clear, concise and so well spoken. She takes time to get to know you and know your story. Our guests RAVED about our ceremony because Rev. Samora made it romantic, fun and interesting. Exactly how we envisioned it would be!

Profile Picture Karyn, 5/4/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination, Civil Union, Non-religious

Willing to meet us first before setting up our ceremony to fit what we wanted. Spoke clearly, preplanned service and arrived early for the event. Absolutely worth the price and made me feel so comfortable around. Will love to hire again for another relative in near future.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 4/22/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Samora was great! She was very flexible (which is necessary for a stressed out bride) and made our day very special. She gave suggestions for my location, recommendations and in the end our ceremony was exactly what I wanted. Samora collected information about us and the vows were well said/very personal!

Profile Picture anna, 4/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Samora couldn't officiate our wedding because of a family emergency but had a replacement, Daniela VillaRamos. Samora rest assure that Daniela would take care of us. Daniela absolutely did! She was so sweet and had great energy. We were so happy with Daniela! She definitely tailored the ceremony to reflect my husband and I.

Profile Picture Crystal, 3/30/18, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

Rev Samora performed a perfect ceremony for us. We talked with her a lot about our all-inclusive attitudes towards religion/faith, and she completely got our vibe. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that centered on love and the unification of our families. I loved every part of it. She's incredible to work with and I can't recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Rhiannon, 2/24/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Samora was fantastic to work with! She was awesome about going over our ceremony and giving helpful feedback about what would work and what wouldn't. She had amazing energy at our event and when there were glitches in sound/equipment/the room, etc. she just ran with it and made it all work. We'd both highly recommend working with her on your special day.

Profile Picture Lorelei, 2/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

A wedding in itself is a stressful event however the care and compassion demonstrated by Rev Samora before and during the event helped to allay our fears and anxiety. Rev Samora was thorough in her preparation, she drew upon her experience and provided suggestions, there were appropriate and practical tips offered which helped in our decision making process and most importantly, she demonstrated a willingness to tailor the event to suit our needs. We certainly would recommend her as an Officiating Minister for a wedding.

Profile Picture Leslie , 1/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

What kind of people hold an outdoor wedding, at Bethesda Fountain in Central Park, in January, in 15 degree weather?! That would be us.

It's not as if we especially crave frigid weather. But what we did want was a very short service, held in a beautiful setting in Manhattan, during the first week of January with all the promise of fresh starts that the new year brings. And Rev. Samora was a total trouper!

We met with her two months prior, and she was wonderful; smart, good-natured, welcoming and calming. As a gay couple, we loved her "love is love" attitude when it comes to officiating a same-sex wedding. And we also appreciated her ability to craft a beautiful service that met our needs exactly. Several of our guests complimented her to us, which underscored that she was the perfect choice.

We join so many others in recommending Rev. Samora highly.

Profile Picture John, 1/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We just had our wedding on Saturday. We met with Rev.Samora in November and discussed what we had envisioned for our wedding. We were at ease with the wedding planning process as soon as we sat down with Rev.Samora because we knew that by workkng with her we would have the exact wedding ceremony we had dreamed of. Rev.Samora also put us into contact with a harpist which was the perfect added detail to our ceremony. Coming from an interracial background, I wanted that to be reflected in our ceremony. We were able to have a beautifully written ceremony, that incorporated our families interaction into our vows as we stood under a chuppah and that concluded with breaking glass and jumping the broom.

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We got married one week ago and are still on Cloud 9. Reverend Samora helped make our day so unbelievably special and memorable. If you are looking for an officiant, Reverend Samora is the best around-- the compliments we received after our ceremony were numerous, people "felt her love," they could tell "that she was deeply spiritual" and someone even said that it was "the most powerful service" they have witnessed. These are not common comments about a wedding officiant and these are a true testament to how special she is-- kind, caring, calm, experienced, and overall wonderful. We felt extremely lucky to have her with us on our special day.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My newly wedded husband and I are very much a look, feel and gut instinct type of people and our decision in choosing a celebrant was based on that. Rev. Samora from first online impressions was one of warmth, welcoming and love, finally we met in NY a few days before our wedding and our instinct were right, those qualities followed through in the initial meeting but also on the day as she guided us over the threshold of our union of love to one another.

We feel that she is very personable, and open to embracing each couples uniqueness regardless of their beliefs. We would recommend her for anyone, whether religious or not, to be involved and play a part in the most special day of a couples lives together!! She truly is amazing, kind hearted, open minded and someone that will always be special to us.

Sandro and Beau Sertorio

Profile Picture Sandro, 9/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We cared a great deal about all the details of our wedding, but nothing weighed more in importance than the ceremony . We wanted the ceremony to be the highlight of our celebration. And Rev. Samora went above and beyond in delivering that. She crafted everything from scratch. She captured the important nuances of our story (and our story is complex, but she did it beautifully!). She was able to bring our families and cultures together, and her words spoke directly to us but also to our very diverse group of guests. It was personal to us (e.g. she remembered that I once said I liked the poet Rumi and she added a beautiful verse from his work) and yet timeless. We had a number of friends and family members commend the ceremony and say it's the best officiating they've heard. Above all, we couldn't say enough about how kind and patient and calm she is, just the right type of person to trust on such a big day.

Profile Picture Jay, 7/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

From the moment, I spoke with Reverend Samora on the phone I told my fiancé I had a good feeling! I loved her story and background! I knew immediately she would be a good fit and perfect for our circumstances.
So much warmth and positive energy! Reverend Samora was especially helpful with a pre-marital counseling session
that we did a few months before our wedding and gave us guidance that was important and so needed during a stressful time during our engagement. The questionnaire /assignment we had to do for her really enabled us to reflect on our relationship and she was able to craft a ceremony that was so perfect, heartfelt, warm and engaging! All our guests commented on how wonderful and personal the ceremony was. The wedding day goes by so fast but of all the parts I remember it was the ceremony and all the love we felt on that day! We highly recommend!
Thank you Rev. Samora for marrying us and sharing in our special day!
Blessings!
Lisa & Lloyd

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/8/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, No Denomination

We hired rev. Samora to marry us in the cop cot in central park. Her services were impeccable , she offered great tips and even got us a musician to play a few songs of choice. Made our day even more special. She was very easy to work with and professional. Highly recommend to anyone near or far.

Profile Picture Arlene, 6/27/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Single Religion, Customized Vows, Licensed, Catholic

Rev. Samora was very personable and helped my wife and me feel comfortable and relaxed on our happy but at the same time possibly nervous wedding day. Her script was well-written and her voice was well-articulated, helping everyone present understand what was going on even though it was an outdoor wedding. I highly recommend Rev. Samora to future brides and grooms.

Profile Picture Gilsang, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Samora put our minds at ease, especially as we were traveling from the UK. She answered all the questions raised to ensure our day would be as special as we wanted it to be.

Fantastic day for us and stunned family and friends upon our return to learn that we had married in Central Park

Profile Picture Debbie, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Samora was an absolute joy to work with. From the moment we met with her we knew that we wanted her to marry us. She got to know us and from our interactions wrote an absolutely beautiful script for the ceremony.

We're so happy that we found her and that she married us. Her words were beautiful and she guided us through the process with such care and love.

Profile Picture Carrie, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

When my partner and I were looking for an officiant for our wedding, Google lead us right to Rev. Samora. I checked the reviews. They were great. I looked for negative reviews and I found none. We set up an appointment to meet Rev. Samora. My partner and I felt an immediate spiritual connection. She asked personal questions to ensure she captured “US”. She suggested several things to incorporate into the ceremony to make it uniquely ours.

On May 12th, 2017, Rev. Samora performed our ceremony. Everyone loved her and thought we were long times friends. She not only described each of us as if she had known us for years, she also shared our story with our guests and spoke from the heart. Rev. Samora was the perfect officiant for our special unique ceremony.

Profile Picture jon, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We'd definitely recommend Rev Samora, she officiated at our ceremony in May. She was relaxed and friendly plus she'd tailored our ceremony to perfectly suit our requirements!

Profile Picture Maureen, 5/3/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Agnostic, Customized Vows

We were absolutely satisfied by our choice in working with Rev. Samora as our officiant. She is an expert at crafting ceremonies that are tailored to the details that are important to the couple. No matter what your beliefs are, she will create a beautiful ceremony for you that speaks to what you and your partner cherish in your relationship. She is an expert at navigating the stresses of the day including backup rain plans. We have no reservations in thinking that she would be wonderful working with a wedding of any size. Our guests were tearing up as they told us how beautiful the ceremony was. We wrote our own vows and Rev. Samora helped us feel prepared to say them with her writing process. With all of the stresses of the wedding planning, we have to say that working with Rev. Samora grounded us. Working on our ceremony brought us back to the real reasons why we were looking forward to our wedding day and marriage- beyond the details of color schemes and linens. We highly recommend working with her!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

With all the flurry of preparation for our wedding, it seemed like the "emotion of it all" can sometimes be placed in the background! Rev. Samora brought my wife and I right back to the "moment." I remember standing in front of everyone and seeing my beautiful wife slowly walking towards me and thinking, "this is it!" and then Rev. Samora started to speak beautiful, heartfelt words that put us both in tears of happiness and we felt such appreciation for each other. It was just beautiful!

Profile Picture Brian, 3/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about! We only spoke a few times prior to our service and it could not have been better!! She truly has a gift and made our ceremony better than we could have imagined!

Profile Picture Laura, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Out of everyone I messaged, Samora was the one who responded right away. Setting up a meeting location and date was very simple and she worked very well around our schedule. She was very easy to talk to and had a lot of great ideas and input. She also was very open to our ideas and incorporated them into our ceremony. She even traveled to the location that we picked in the snow and bared the cold snowy weather with us for the ceremony. I highly recommend her to everyone!!! She is awesome!!

Profile Picture Fatima, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Samora was FANTASTIC! My wife and I reached out to her just weeks before our big day and she couldn't have been more accommodating with our Central Park ceremony. Rev. Samora created a beautiful personalized ceremony and provided suggestions throughout the entire process. She's responsive, reliable and will go the extra mile to mitigate any stress that comes with such an important day. We highly recommend her as your Officiant, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture User7518366, 1+ year ago, 1 Review