Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies Reviews

244 Reviews for Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies

• Gabriel

Gabriel Quant · Married on 07/03/2020

Best ever!

Happy with her professionalism and class. Highly recommend.

• Martha

Martha · Married on 02/21/2020

Married us with 48 hours notice!

We didn’t want to get married in city hall after seeing the chaos while trying to register for our license, so we decided to do a quick civil wedding on our 10 year anniversary at our favorite restaurant. Samora was sweet, soft spoken, genuine, responsive, timely, and made our civil wedding flawless. Received our marriage license within 2 weeks!

Sent on 01/16/2020

Samantha Rodriguez · Married on 12/09/2019

Wonderful from initial contact!

From the moment I connected with Samora she made the whole process of planning a wedding in New York all the way from England a complete dream. She was so helpful and was quick to respond. On top of this she is so warm and lovely! We had the most wonderful day and this was in great part due to Samora.

• Marisol

Marisol · Married on 10/13/2019

Perfect Experience

We loved having Rev. Samora wed us in Central Park. Very professional and personally tailored our ceremony. It was beautiful and my guest loved it - “it was magical and perfect”. I’m extremely thankful for Rev. Samora.

Sent on 11/19/2019

Storee Pearce · Married on 09/27/2019

Vow renewal

This was such a special day for us and couldn’t have happened without you!

Sent on 02/13/2020
  • Aeighra

Aeighra Marie Dalaza · Married on 09/20/2019

Just Perfect!

Having Rev. Samora officiate our wedding made everything just perfect. She was very sensitive, very responsive, engaging and ensures she caters to your preference, set budget and needs. As ours was a private wedding, she respected our choice and looked after us, as well as our guests, very well. We are extremely grateful as she made everything convenient for us: arranging our wedding venue, offered choices for reception, hired a photographer and violinist for us. We love her so much and we cant imagine anyone else marrying us. She was exceptional and we highly recommend her. It was lovely meeting her daughter too in the wedding. xx A&A

Sent on 09/27/2019

Elise · Married on 08/30/2019

Romantic !

We were so pleased with our experience with Reverend Samora! She came to meet us before the wedding to get to know each other and discussed the themes we wanted to incorporate. She offered thoughtful questions and ideas that helped us write our own vows. The ceremony was so beautiful and and heartwarming! It was wonderful to share our love story with family and friends. I received many compliments about how romantic the ceremony was. Samora is a very sweet and easy person to talk to and we recommend her highly!

Sent on 10/12/2019

Sarah Huf · Married on 08/25/2019

Beautiful, personal, funny and loving

Rev Samora was just what we were looking for. She found a way to make our ceremony incredibly intimate and personal whilst keeping it light hearted and funny allowing all our friends and family to be and feel a part of our moment. Couldn't have asked for a better ceremony or delivery of it. We would highly recommend her.

• Alana

Alana · Married on 08/24/2019

Wonderful and amazing

I would like to thank Rev samora for doing such an amazing job at my wedding. She was on time and did an amazing wonderful job st the ceremony. I recommend her 100%

Sent on 09/07/2019

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Alana!! I am so honored to have been a part of your special day. Wishing you all the happiness in your marriage.

Joy Mccullough · Married on 07/28/2019

A dream come true!

Any couples who are looking for a first class officiant for your wedding, look no further! Reverend Samora Smith is hands down your best choice. My wife and I were in desperate need of an officiant when our original choice canceled. Reverend Samora came to our home to meet with us. Her energy, spirit, and genuinely sweet personality shown through. Our wedding was a monumental success in part to Reverend Samora's ceremony. We have made a true friend. Kind, Caring and thoughtful Reverend Samora is unmatched.

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Thorley · Married on 07/03/2019

Our own real life angel!

We could not have been more honoured or privileged to have Rev Samora officiate our marriage. She made the whole experience seamless and she absorbed every last minute request we had and made our ceremony perfect.

We had an elopement Ceremony and when we met totally put us individually at ease.

We had lots of previous correspondence, but no actual meeting until the day. When we met it was like we were old friends, she put us at ease that much.

Our special day was made even more amazing by Rev Samora, it could not have been more perfect.

I look at my wedding ring and have an overwhelming feeling of love and gratefulness for my now husband. I can not imagine one second of my life without him. He is my love, my family and as per our vows ..... my home.

Rev Samora made this a reality, and with her additional very touching, beautiful words, made this not only extra special, but extremely heartfelt.

A huge Thank you to Rev Samora for this, please don’t stop what you do, you keep it real for everyone of us ... you are amazing!

Rev Samora will have a special place in our special day and a special place in our hearts.

We will always have huge love, gratitude and amazing memories of Rev Samora and our special day .....

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Z

Zhaleh · Married on 06/29/2019

Creative, Personal and Caring

Samora was a wonderful person to work with. We wanted a meaningful ceremony that integrated the three cultures associated with our backgrounds: Persian/Iranian, Indian and Filipino. Samora did a fantastic job with listening to us and understanding our vision, and implementing that vision with a personal touch. Our ceremony involved multiple stages. The first stage was the display of the sofreh aghd - i.e. Persian ceremony. Samora did background research and right away introduced the symbolism associated with the spread, which was valued by our guests. Second, she read a beautiful poem capturing our union, with a piano piece playing in the background. We thoroughly appreciated this, as we didn't want a religious ceremony, given our mixed backgrounds. We wanted to share our union with loved ones on a humanistic level, devoid of creed and religion. Samora was really creative at incorporating the Indian and Filipino cultures into the Persian ceremony. This was the third stage in which my husband and I exchanged garlands (i.e. Indian ceremony). In the fourth stage, with a ribbon our garlands were united, which captured the Filipino tradition. Everything flowed nicely, and from an outsider's perceptive all the stages appeared to be part of an old tradition, rather than an amalgamation of different snippets of various cultures. This short, 25 minute ceremony was a beautiful fusion of the love that we have as humans. Samora, thank you for making the start of our lives a memorable, timeless masterpiece!

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Edgar

Edgar Barbosa · Married on 06/21/2019

Perfect amazing experience.

Choosing Rev Samora to officiate our wedding was one of the greatest decision we made, Rev Samora had patience to wait for our family to get together, the delivery of our ceremony was magical. It was an amazing experience having Rev Samora to be there for us.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies's reply:

It was such a wonderful experience for me to share in that moment with you! Thank you for the generous words!

Matthew Michael · Married on 05/26/2019

Rev Samora was fantastic

My wife and I are so happy Rev Samora was part of our ceremony. She was incredibly professional and polished. More importantly, she conducted a fantastic ceremony that was both humorous and heartwarming. We're fortunate to have been able to include Samora as part of our wedding and highly recommend her

Sent on 05/28/2019

Rev. Samora/Common Ground Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you!! Congratulations again on your new chapter as husband and wife and on Emily becoming a doctor!! Please keep in touch. Warmly, Rev. Samora

Erik Crepeau · Married on 05/25/2019

Would definitely recommend!!

Rev. Samora took the time to meet with my wife and I to truly understand what we were looking for out of our ceremony. She made herself available for questions both before and after the wedding as well. I would recommend to anyone looking to get married in the area.

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Gabriel

Gabriel Evaristo · Married on 05/17/2019

Amazing afficiant

Rev. Samora is one of a kind!!

We met her at a wedding fair and hired her to be the officiant for our wedding in May/2019. We can hardly put everything in words:

Her speeches, her voice tone, the way she made the ceremony so flowy and catchy, her effort, the perfect coordination with every detail we had in mind for our day, everything was just perfect.

Most of our guests kept asking for how long had we met her for, since everybody thought we were close friends. Not to mention how she made absolute everyone there (grooms included) bawl out!!

She is amazing and would recommend her for anyone looking for authenticity and warmth during the ceremony.

Sent on 08/27/2019

Lesley Wiggins · Married on 05/11/2019

Intimate and personalized ceremony

Rev Samora gave us a ceremony that was all about us and fit who we are as people so well! The ceremony was intimate and personalized. She struck the perfect tone of being descriptive, commanding, and adding a touch of humor.

Also her non-verbal cues during the ceremony made us very comfortable and put us at ease the whole time. She would glance at us and use her body language very well during key times.

Leading up to the ceremony she made herself available to meet us at coffee shop, speak on the phone, and communicate over email including sending us a ceremony draft to review. My husband and I would strongly recommend Rev Samora!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Clarice Meadows · Married on 05/04/2019

Incredible Officiant creating perfect romantic ceremonies and vows

Rev. Samora helped us put together the most romantic ceremony and vows (according to several of our attendees as well). She was flexible and considerate, and followed up with us even when we had a bit of e-mail trouble. Her process was clear, helpful, and was wonderful for us reliving how our romance came about. Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Ced

Ced Angel · Married on 02/14/2019

Inoubliable

Un magnifique moment passé avec une personne formidable. N'hésitez pas à la rencontrer !

Lorda Moore · Married on 02/13/2019

wonderful Wedding!

When me and my husband decided to get married in New York (we're from the U.k), I contacted several companies, however Samora was the only one who answered all of my questions and made the whole process so easy!

We went to the city clerk two days before to apply for our wedding licence (only took 45 mins or so) We took the licence to Samora, and she done all the rest.

We met Samora on the day in central park, and were greeted with her friendly smile, and the ceremony was beautiful just as we had hoped.

Serg took our photos, who was organised by Samora, he was brilliant and made it so much fun... we laughed the whole time, and got great photos.

Samora posted our marriage certificate to us, which arrived 3 weeks later.

Samora went above and beyond for us- when we arrived back in the U.K my husband realised he left his suit in the hotel room!! We contacted Samora and she kindly arranged for the suit to be posted back to us.

I highly recommend Common Ground Ceremonies!!

Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • F

Fran Fahmie · Married on 01/09/2019

35th Wedding Anniversary Renewal of Vows Ceremony

Rev Samora was great to work with and did a wonderful job performing our 35th wedding anniversary vow renewal ceremony. I found Samora on the internet and how lucky I was! I wanted to surprise my husband on our visit to Manhattan, NY. I requested our ceremony be in Central Park, Samora had multiple suggestions and information, and was extremely professional and personable. I too wanted some element of surprise, so I provided the background information about our life, relationship, challenges and successes and love, asking Samora to create the ceremony without my seeing it or reviewing it. I was able to experience the joy and love of this ceremony and what a joy it was for both of us! Samora did a beautiful job, along with providing the photographer, and it was a beautiful memory that will always remain with us! Thank you Rev Samora.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Vicky · Married on 09/05/2018

We arranged our elopement wedding in Central Park, NYC from the UK. Researching for an officiant we came across Common Ground Ceremonies, after watching the video clips and looking through reviews and photos it confirmed to us how much we wanted Reverend Samora to perform the ceremony on our special day. We were very impressed with the draft script we were sent and have to say that our day would not have been as amazing as it was without Reverend Samora! The ceremony itself was very personal, Reverend Samora reading with real emotion and feeling.
    I would highly recommend Common Ground Ceremonies and Reverend Samora when looking for an officiant, such a lovely, compassionate person.
    Thank you for such a beautiful smooth ceremony!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Stacia · Married on 08/22/2018

Samora was amazing. We came to her based on referral and she completely exceeded my expectations in officiating our wedding. We wanted something intimate and simple but very special. Because our ceremony was so small it put a lot of pressure on the officiating to be right because it was going to be such a big part of our memories. Samora met with us, listened to us, asked the right questions, and created the perfect ceremony. What an amazing woman! I would recommend her to my closest friends and family!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Cherina · Married on 08/03/2018

Thank You Rev. Samora

Deciding on Rev Samora to officiate our wedding was an amazing decision! My wife and I became familiar Rev Samora after she officiated a friend’s wedding a few years prior. She was so great that we knew we had to have her at ours. Rev Samora was so thorough and made the process a breeze. She communicated with us via phone, email, and in person to get to know us, our style of ceremony, what’s important to us and so on. She made sure to include every detail into our ceremony that we discussed. Reading the words prior to the big day didn’t do it justice. When hearing Rev Samora deliver those words, we were in tears and many of our guests were as well. In fact our family and friends raved about her for several days after the wedding. We couldn’t have asked for a better officiant. Thank you Rev Samora for all that you did and making our wedding day very special!

Sent on 10/28/2018