Rev. Ruth Zwald Reviews

88 Reviews for Rev. Ruth Zwald

Rev. Ruth Zwald 1
Rev. Ruth Zwald 2

Cera · Married on 09/19/2014

Ruth was an absolute pleasure to work with right from the beginning. We met at a little coffee shop to introduce ourselves and she asked a lot of good questions to get to know us. She sent us a survey shortly after our meeting to get a better idea of how to customize the ceremony just for us. Once we worked out all of the details she sent a very detailed draft so we could actually picture it in our heads. She sent reminders and examples to make it easy on us! She walked us through the details on the day of and because of her everything went so smoothly! Plus, she saved the day when I had forgotten the ribbons for our hand fasting by creating ribbons from leftovers from our flower arrangements! I'm so glad that we found her!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Courtney · Married on 09/13/2014

Ruth was such a pleasure to work with as our wedding officiant! She tailored the ceremony to truly reflect our personalities and values and everyone loved the hand fasting ceremony we did! We liked that she asked for our input on several items of the ceremony, really listened to what we wanted our ceremony to be and was more than helpful in the planning process. It was perfect!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Danielle · Married on 08/30/2014

The ceremony was so important to us and we knew that the officiant we chose needed to express us and who we were. Ruth was just that person - and so much more. She was able to convey us perfectly during our ceremony and was not only professional, but made you feel so special and taken care of! Choosing Ruth was one of the best decisions we made throughout our wedding planning!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Jenni · Married on 08/29/2014

Ruth provided the most amazing, fun and unique ceremony. She took the time to get to know my husband and I, and created a ceremony that was truly us. She worked with our interests, answered all correspondence promptly and was friendly and helpful through the whole process. We could not have found anyone better, and wouldn't change a single thing. People are still talking about how much they enjoyed the ceremony.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Reverend Ruth Zwald was a pleasure to work with. My groom and I planned a destination wedding (for us, local for her) and felt strange about contracting with a stranger to officiate the occasion of our wedding. Reverend Ruth eased our worries right away and took the time to get to know us in the months leading up to our wedding. She asked us thoughtful questions about ourselves and our vision for the ceremony.

We asked Reverend Ruth to write the ceremony but she happily accepted our minor revisions. She read the ceremony just as we wrote it together and delivered each word with emotion and meaning. She has a peace and serenity about her that helped us focus on each other and allowed us to truly experience the special occasion.

Reverend Ruth arrived early and spent a few minutes with us going over the day's schedule. She really took her cues from us as to when we felt ready to begin. The ceremony happened just as we planned. (Note: she delivered the ceremony on time to the minute!) We received many compliments on the ceremony and officiant.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2014

Ruth was an amazing officiant for our June wedding at the Blue Dress Barn. Her experience made planning the ceremony easy and simple. Ruth was able to answer all of our questions and make suggestions for what would work best at the barn. This was very helpful since we did not have time for a rehearsal. On the day of our wedding she helped tell everyone what to do and where to be. The ceremony was exactly what we asked for and We still have friends and family telling us how much they liked our ceremony when compared to others! Our wedding day would not have been the same without Ruth! Thank you Ruth!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Kari · Married on 06/08/2014

We got married this past June, we chose Ruth as our officiant for our wedding. She was wonderful! She gives you the ability to create a wedding ceremony that is truly meant for you and your significant other.

Sent on 10/17/2014

Erin · Married on 06/06/2014

Ruth was wonderful to work with and extremely flexible to our needs. She was also great with suggesting things and helping us to make decisions to make our ceremony unique and personalized to us. I would most definitely recommend her to friends.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Working with Ruth was wonderful. Planning the ceremony was originally one of the things that my husband and are were most dreading. We wanted it to be meaningful and personal, but not cheesy. Ruth's input was key to getting us thinking about the things that we did and did not want for our ceremony and helping us to craft a beautiful and memorable ceremony. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Kayla · Married on 05/23/2014

Rev. Ruth was an amazing officiant for our wedding. She made it so easy to plan our small ceremony, and took all of our wishes into consideration. She really makes a point to personalize the ceremony, and it was absolutely perfect for us. All of our guests commented on how great she was. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/09/2014

I think Ruth would be the perfect officiant for anyone, because she personalizes each ceremony so much. For my husband's and my vow renewal, she had a lot of great ideas, like a ring warming ceremony (because it would have been awkward to take off our rings then put them back on each other). We did a unity tree instead of a candle, and many of the components of our vow renewal included trees (as 5 years is the wood anniversary). So while we planted our tree in the ceremony, Ruth talked about how giving life to a plant is like a marriage. Everyone loved it. She also had the idea to throw in Star Wars quotes for advice on marriage and did an awesome Yoda!

People couldn't stop talking about how great she was. She really made the ceremony special and it felt like it fit my husband and me--goofy, fun, but touching. One of my bridesmaids actually said she had been to another wedding officiated by Ruth. For a while, she couldn't figure it out, because that one was very religious and serious, the total opposite of ours. So we came to the conclusion that Ruth must really try to personalize each one to best match the couple. She sure did in ours.

Ruth was also very good at directing us on what to do, as I had no idea. She arrived at the ceremony early and came back to check on my several times to update me on guests and calm my nerves.

Concerning the price, Ruth definitely was not the most expensive. For what we did pay, the benefits far outweighed the costs. We absolutely loved our ceremony, so it was worth it!

Sent on 05/25/2014

Lindsey · Married on 10/05/2013

Ruth in one word was awesome. My husband and I were so worried about who was going to marry us and that they would be the right match for us. She ended up being more than perfect! She seemed just as happy to marry us as we were to get married, which was also important because I wanted someone in the background of my pictures who had a smile on her face. I had a short time to plan the wedding and no time to meet with anyone long distance... Ruth allowed us to plan the whole ceremony through email. My husband and I both felt so comfortable with her and our entire ceremony went perfectly. She was well prepared and arrived early to speak with both of us before the ceremony. She made sure it was everything that we wanted by taking our suggestions and feedback. We went with the Tie the Knot unity and her description of our values was just perfect. It was nice for us to be able to give the details about what we wanted and put our trust in someone to tie it all together and make it perfect. I honestly would recommend her to anyone!!!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Jenna · Married on 09/21/2013

Rev. Ruth was an amazing officiant. From the moment I found her website, I knew she was the person I wanted to marry us. She has such a kind way about her, and it really resonated during our ceremony. Ruth was a great communicator for the 9+ months leading up to our wedding. I could count on a prompt response to any questions, and she had lots of suggestions for unity ceremonies, readings, and vows. We were able to pick and choose our favorite passages and build our own custom ceremony that really felt like "us." Plus Ruth was wiling to perform our slightly unorthodox black-and-tan ceremony, which was a real hit with our guests. :) On the day of the wedding, when everything was understandably chaotic, Ruth was a calming presence and really took charge of the ceremony to ensure that everything went off without a hitch. I couldn't appreciate it more, and I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone. Thank you, Ruth!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Kathleen · Married on 09/07/2013

Rev. Ruth was by far the perfect officiant for our wedding. Michael and I wished to have our ceremony at the beach, but we were uncertain as to whom might perform our ceremony the way we wanted it done. After many exhausted phone calls to most of the southwest Michigan area, I contacted Rev Ruth via her web site. It was as if our prayers had been answered. Rev Ruth was "the perfect fit". Her perspective, our taste, her ceremony, blended with our wishes, made for the most beautiful, simply amazing, wedding ceremony I could have ever dreamed of. The presence she had on that beach was beyond what we expected. Our family and friends commented all day long how in awe they all were of Rev Ruth and her breathtaking wedding officiant capabilities. I would strongly recommend Rev Ruth as your officiant. I could not have been more elated with our entire wedding ceremony. It truly was a happily ever after wedding!!!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Erin · Married on 08/25/2013

Ruth was such a wonderful person to involve in the hectic process of planning a wedding - she made the planning of the actual ceremony incredibly easy. My fiancé and I lived out of town and we were able to communicate entirely via email. We were pretty laid back about the ceremony but were concerned that our families might be difficult to please (his family polish catholic, mine christian). Ruth had great ideas about how to keep some of the traditional aspects of the ceremony without "choosing sides", so to speak. In the end, both families were very pleased, and of course, so were we. Also, we were under some time restraints the day of the wedding and were running a bit behind - you would never have known it. Ruth remained calm, positive and kept the show running seamlessly. Thanks Ruth!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Lauren · Married on 07/27/2013

Ruth was incredible to work with. We had an outdoor wedding and didn't have someone who personally knew us to do our ceremony so we hired Ruth based on a referral. She did an amazing job! Since we live overseas, she spent time with us over email to make each detail perfect and arranged to meet with us in person when we were in town so she could get to know us better. She was prompt, organized and we felt like we had known her for years. I highly recommend hiring Ruth for your ceremony- she is the best!

Anne · Married on 07/19/2013

We loved having Ruth as our wedding officiant! We had a small, outdoor wedding at my parents' house on Ackley Lake (Paw Paw, Michigan). Ruth was very professional and helpful in planning our big day. She was able to offer many different ideas for the ceremony including: vows, prayers, songs, unity ceremony, and how to tie everything together! It was great to have an officiant who took the job seriously, and was very calming when we started to get nervous. It was a wonderful day, and I would definitely recommend Ruth to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 11/07/2013

Maegan · Married on 07/14/2013

Ruth was amazing and kept in constant contact with me leading up to the ceremony. Planning a wedding from states away while you are also moving to a different state can be stressful. Ruth was always quick to respond to my emails and help us plan the ceremony out. She had many ideas for us and allowed us to choose our ceremony and respected every wish we had. She also was there for the rehearsal which was a life saver to make sure the ceremony ran smoothly!!!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Mindy · Married on 07/12/2013

Ruth made our wedding day celebration fun and personal!

Sent on 11/09/2013

Rachelle · Married on 07/06/2013

Reverend Ruth was the perfect choice for our summer wedding in St. Joseph, MI. Ruth picked up the phone call the first time we called her, and we knew she was the right choice immediately! Planning our wedding from Washington state was no easy task, and we were nervous about finding an officiant who would marry us, never having met us in person before. Ruth catered the wedding to meet every single one of our needs, and if you asked any of our guests, listening to Ruth officiate our ceremony was as if she had known us for years. She was available for the rehearsal, as well, which was really great to calm nerves before the ceremony. We were just able to watch our wedding video for the first time today, and the opening scene was Ruth performing our sand ceremony, and it brought back great memories of our wedding. We were blessed to have Ruth be a part of our special day. We highly recommend Reverend Ruth Zwald to anyone getting married in St. Joseph. Thanks Ruth!

Rachelle & Kyle Strong

Sent on 12/08/2013

Ruth was absolutely wonderful! She was very receptive and followed our wishes exactly. She took the time to get to know us, and helped generate unique ideas as well as incorporate our own. Highly recommend!!

Anne · Married on 06/01/2013

Rev. Ruth Zwald was the perfect officiant for our wedding in June! She helped us create a personalized and meaningful ceremony and guided us through the process from start to finish. Her warmth and kindness was felt by all. We could not have hoped for a better wedding officiant!

• Amy

Amy · Married on 05/18/2013

Ruth was great! She had us do a survey to get to know us and she came up with the perfect wedding ceremony! She was very helpful and the perfect person to marry us! Her prices were very competitive and she was great with communication!

Sent on 05/23/2013

Celia · Married on 10/20/2012

Rev. Ruth was so easy to work with throughout the wedding preparations. She was responsive to our e-mails and helped us create the perfect ceremony for us. She offered a variety of options to personalize our ceremony and delivered a memorable and beautiful service. My now husband wanted me note that she was a calming presence when he was standing by the altar waiting for the wedding party and myself to arrive. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/06/2013

Ruth was great! She took the time to get to know us and tailored the ceremony to our wishes.

Sent on 01/20/2013