Wine Country Wedding Officiant Reviews

Wine Country Wedding Officiant 5
Wine Country Wedding Officiant 6
Wine Country Wedding Officiant 7

Danette · Married on 09/30/2016

Richard officiated my wedding on September 30th in Napa. He was amazing!! We received many compliments from our guests that he was one of the best officiants they have seen. Our ceremony was the perfect combination of funny, sincere and romantic. I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Danette, for the quick response, please give my best to Peter.
  • Ruby

Ruby · Married on 09/24/2016

Richard was our officiant for our wedding on 9.24.16 at Solage Calistoga and he was amazing! Our friends and family actually thought Richard was a family friend, because the ceremony was so personal. They were shocked to hear that we met him day of. I loved the way he set up the ceremony. I mixed and matched his ceremony templates to make it our own. He then had us answer a confidential questionnaire about each other. Everything came together better than I could have ever imagined. It was like we wrote our own vows without having to actually write them, and it wasn't cheesy at all! It was such an emotional and unforgettable ceremony! I highly recommend Richard's services.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Ruby for the quick response, please give my best to Harrison.

Elaine · Married on 08/08/2016

We highly recommend Rev. Meyer as your wedding officiant. From our first communication with him through our wedding day, Rev. Meyer was the utmost professional and very responsive. We enjoyed the process he uses to get to know us, and were very pleased that he created a personalized and meaningful wedding ceremony. Rev. Meyer did an incredible job, in spite of the high winds we faced getting married in August in Bodega Bay! He performed a ceremony we will always remember. Thank you, Rev. Meyer!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Elaine, please give my best to Dan.

Holiday Best!
    Richard
  • I

Inez · Married on 07/09/2016

Rev. Meyer put together a personally-tailored and meaningful ceremony for us -- and he did it in just a few days. We booked Rev. Meyer just about a week before our wedding, and he still came up with beautiful vows and helped us think through some ceremony details that hadn't occurred to us.

Many of our guests (it was a tiny wedding) told us afterward how "us" the ceremony was, and how much it moved them.

If Rev. Meyer could do such a phenomenal job for us in a week, imagine how well he'll do for your undoubtedly better-organized wedding! We wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Thanks Reverend!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for the thoughtful review! My sincere best to you both.
    Richard
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 05/03/2016

Fantastic!!

Reverend Meyer was an absolute pleasure to meet and work with. He made our wedding ceremony absolutely memorable. He captured everything we wanted in our wedding ceremony and more.
    We are so blessed to have had him be a part of our special day.

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Wine Country Wedding Officiant 8

Angela · Married on 03/29/2016

Richard was exactly the officiant we wanted. Very professional, straightforward, and easy to work with. He took time to get to know us and what we were looking for in our ceremony. We really enjoyed having Richard officiate our ceremony and highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Angela, give my best to Azim.

Peter and Jeannette · Married on 02/20/2016

Give Richard as much information as possible about what you want and about yourselves and then just leave it to him and TRUST him! We gave Richard a rather vague and very "late-in-the-day" brief and yet he still managed to tailor a beautiful and very personal ceremony for us. He was brilliant and really made our day. Thank you Richard.

Sent on 01/25/2017

JESSICA · Married on 01/22/2016

I know two couples who have hired Reverend Meyer, and they were both extremely happy. The 2nd couple hired him at the very last minute - literally less than 48 hours before their wedding - after their original celebrant had to cancel due to a death in the family. He did an extraordinary job, with almost no notice. So comfortable, just the right amount of humor. He was touching, engaging, and kept the focus on the couple and their children who were blending into one family. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Hettie · Married on 11/14/2015

Richard Meyer officiated our wedding and he did a very professional job. He fine tuned our ceremony with information we provided to make it unique and special. He was very patient and helped us along the way through this very challenging process. He even came to run our rehearsal for us! He gave us very good advice on how to make our ceremony run smoothly. I was very touched and moved at how much he cares and he listened to everything we wanted and was able to integrate that in our ceremony. He made our day very special!!

Sent on 11/28/2015

Allyson · Married on 11/02/2015

The reverend made us feel comfortable, and made the veremony very special.

Sent on 12/03/2015

Richard was very good about personalizing our ceremony.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Richard was great right from the start. He was always responsive to emails and he was very patient with my husband and I as we tried to figure out what we wanted to do with the ceremony. At first I was a bit hesitant to have someone I never met marry us, and I had contemplated just asking a friend to perform the ceremony instead. I am so glad we decided to use Richard's services instead. He made the ceremony very personal, it's as if he had known us for years! At the end, everyone told us their favorite part of the wedding was the ceremony. I would highly recommend Richard's services.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Kimmy · Married on 09/18/2015

Working with Richard was truly a treat! We are in such gratitude for the thought and time he invested in the process of getting to know us as a couple to tailor our ceremony in a way that our guests were left wondering if we knew him prior. Richard was never overbearing during the planning process, and worked diligently to ensure we felt comfortable with all parts of the process. He was successful in easing any and all stresses I had while planning a destination wedding in Sonoma (from Hawaii). From the initial phone call, we were confident that we had made the right choice as Richard was genuinely interested in ensuring our ceremony was flawless. He is kind, genuine and so easy to work with. He made time for us when we visited the area earlier this year, and was present during our rehearsal (although he had another one to attend that day as well.) He effortlessly did both, and was always punctual (early actually) and friendly. We appreciated the confidential questionnaires that helped to get to know both my husband and I, and the way he incorporated the answers into our ceremony was perfect. I can truly say that our ceremony was special and memorable due to the ceremony Richard created. I would most definitely recommend him to anyone wanting to look back on their wedding day and remember a perfect ceremony, personalized beyond expectation!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Kimberlee for the great review, it was a joy to work with you and be a part of your special day.

Richard created an absolutely perfect and beautiful ceremony for our wedding. We met with him once over Skype, and then exchanged periodic emails. He didn't interfere with our planning process (which was jam packed with tons of things, as you will realize), yet he asked the right questions at the right times. The end result was exactly what we told him and what we wanted. Our ceremony felt very personal and customized. Richard shared our stories in a nice way, and also had wonderful stories about the celebration of love and marriage. He had the perfect balance of being soothing, funny, and inspiring. Our guests all told us after that our ceremony stood out among the other weddings they have attended.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Brianna · Married on 07/25/2015

Richard was an amazing officiant for our wedding! He was very flexible with his time to meet with us before the ceremony to discuss what we wanted in our ceremony. Richard is kind, genuine and a sincere person who we enjoyed having as our officiant. He made a beautiful ceremony that included both of our personal thoughts about our significant other. I would highly recommend him to anyone getting married in Sonoma County.

Sent on 07/31/2015

Thank you Brianna for the review. Give my best to Rod

Jessica · Married on 07/24/2015

Richard was absolutely perfect for our wedding. We were doing a destination wedding and after reading some of his reviews I felt confident that we didn't need to meet before our day. Richard asked us to do a questionnaire to learn a little more of who we are, how we met, what we love about each other and applied all this to his ceremony to personalize it. He was absolutely professional and his personality matched wonderfully to our small wedding. He made sure to take his time and he made US take our time to really enjoy the moment. Would absolutely recommend him.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Jessica for the great review!

Shelly · Married on 07/18/2015

My husband and I chose Reverend Richard Meyer because after talking with him on the phone, we felt he was very down to earth and his personality really fit into our plans of an intimate Napa Valley backyard wedding. He had us fill out questionnaires about each other that we were not allowed to share. This enabled him to really personalize the ceremony and it felt like he had known us for years. Guests actually asked if we did know him. He did an amazing job of helping us feel comfortable and calm prior to the ceremony. And even during the ceremony he used some humor to put everyone at ease. Our wedding ceremony was very emotional for both of us and for our guests. There were lots of happy tears in the crowd and that is attributed to the wonderful sermon Reverend Meyer gave. We are both so thankful for him helping make our wedding day so special.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Graham · Married on 06/26/2015

Just Perfect
    The way which Richard worked with us and got the feel for our needs and who we are as a couple was just wonderful. It seems excessive to give full 5 stars in each category but it is an honest representation of how we feel after our warm, sincere and loving ceremony.
    Other guests have asked for the 'script' ( not that it came off as heavily scripted) so that they can to some extent re live the moment and the wonderful service.
    Other couples have talked about renewing their vows or re-marrying with Richard.
    Richard will enrich your special event through a thoughtful and kind / wise approach.
    I can't say enough!!! Thank you so much Richard!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Graham for the kind words, it was my sincere pleasure.

Tyler · Married on 06/20/2015

Rev Richard Meyer was absolutely great!! He was one of the best vendors we had at our wedding. He was very reasonably priced, extremely flexible to work with and had a great sense of humor that brought so much life to our ceremony! He made the ceremony perfect in every way I would highly recommend Richard.

Sent on 08/03/2015

I could not be happier with the ceremony that Richard crafted for my wife and I. Several people were so impressed that they asked us for copies of the ceremony afterward. I really appreciate all the work he did before the day of the ceremony and the day of the ceremony... our special day was even better thanks to him.

Sent on 07/01/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2015

Richard, I cannot thank you enough for the service you so thoughtfully prepared. Planning a destination wedding, Richard made it easy to choose him over the many officiants available for hire. He made it his personal duty to get to know the both of us well enough to put together a ceremony that reflected this. He spoke of things in the ceremony that were identifiable to our love, and that our family and friends could appreciate and recognize. He helped put the timing together of what to expect and when on the day of. He professionally and thoughtfully greeted everyone at the church paying special attention to the Mothers: He had such a sweet, caring presence that honored our love beautifully. Even the little things, like when I first walked down the aisle, giving me a moment to get situated and stand in front of my groom, asking if I was okay before he began to speak....all very thoughtful. I would recommend him to anyone searching for an officiant, he will truly convey everything your heart desires. Thank you Richard for the beautiful service and taking the time to honor David & I's love with your personalization.

With bountiful gratitude,

Sarah & David

Sent on 06/04/2015

Tawnya · Married on 05/11/2015

Rev. Meyer made our wedding a very special occasion. Even though we live over a thousand miles away from our wedding venue in Sanoma, Richard was able to make it very personal. We were very pleased with our wedding service.

Sent on 05/15/2015

Tawnya · Married on 05/11/2015

Sent on 05/15/2015

Lori · Married on 05/02/2015

Richard was an outstanding officiant for our wedding. He worked diligently with us several months in advance of the wedding and was always quick to respond either over email or phone. He added in a nice special touch by including survey questions that my husband and I answered in advance of the wedding about each other - it was perfect. All of our wedding guests couldn't stop talking about how personal and amazing the ceremony was and it was in large part because of Richard.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Chris · Married on 01/03/2015

I really can't say enough good things about the service we received from Reverend Meyer. My fiancé and I read all the reviews we could find and were lucky enough to choose him!!! As a bride planning a CA wedding while busy working in VA we really had to rely on our initial impression over the phone to make this very important decision and Reverend Meyer was everything we could have hoped and wished for AND everything we didn't even know we should have been hoping or wishing for. He was down to earth and took the time to get to know us as a couple. The best praise I can offer is that of our guests who could not stop commenting on how personal and heartfelt the ceremony was without being over done. In all of our pre-wedding planning he was prompt and attentive and really worked with us to craft a ceremony that we will cherish forever; we can't say thanks enough!

Sent on 01/11/2015

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Chris for that wonderful review. It was my sincere pleasure working with you and Nathan, as well as the time spent with your families.
    My best to you both!