38 Reviews for Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM

Catholic (2)
Civil Union (1)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Counseling (1)

We loved having Peter as our officiant!!!! I was raised in a very catholic household so the thought of getting married in a garden did not exactly sit well with some of our family. He was very receptive to this and did an excellent job of incorporating my background but also making sure that our ceremony was how we wanted as well!!! He made everyone feel welcome and comfortable!!! We had sommany compliments!!! Our ceremony was full of love, laughter, and happiness!! Having it in a garden was the icing on top of the cupcake!!!! We were not from the area so
Email was our best friend! He responded very quickly and was very flexible when it came to chats on the phone!!! I highly recommend Peter to be your officiant. He was great!!!! He only knew us for a short time but to be honest after everything is said and done we felt like we had known him for years. I'm happy to say that kyle and I know have a new friend!!! Thanks again for making our ceremony as special as it truly was!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/8/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Counseling, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious, Catholic, No Denomination

Peter was great and easy going. Everything went perfectly for our ceremony.

Profile Picture Jayna, 6/1/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Having Reverend Peter officiate our wedding was a blessing. Everything was so last minute but he was very cooperative, proffessional and most of all patient. The service flowed nicely, or family members felt very involved, we are grateful for what he has done for us and highly recommend him as an officiant.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Peter was so wonderful and the perfect choice for our wedding officiant! From the moment we met with Peter we knew that he was the right choice for us. He has a very kind, calm, and personable demeanor and it felt like we were chatting with an old friend. He helped us create a ceremony that was unique and perfect for us. The ceremony was short, sweet and packed with love and emotion. He was an excellent speaker and really conveyed to our guests the love that we have for eachother. We were thrilled with the ceremony and our guests LOVED it! Thank you so much Peter!!!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. McGuinness was wonderful to work with! Our ceremony was perfect thanks to him! Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 10/13/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Upon first meeting with Peter McGuinness, my husband and I knew we'd be moving forward with him as our officiant. He was friendly, easy-going, and he provided us with great recommendations on how best to structure our ceremony to maintain a good flow for the event. With only two meetings prior to our wedding day, Peter McGuinness was able to understand our personalities and infuse them into our ceremony. He made an effort to get to know our family and friends - many of whom have told us how much they enjoyed Peter's words and company. He exceeded our expectations and really made our day special. Thanks Peter! :)

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows

Peter was the perfect officiant for our ceremony! When we first met Peter, we knew it was the perfect fit. He has very friendly and easy to talk to about what we wanted. He helped us create a customized ceremony that was exactly what we were looking for. He did a beautiful job officiating our wedding and we were thrilled to be able to work with him! Lauren & Jason.

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had so much fun working with Peter! We did a civil ceremony that incorporated some cultural customs, our own vows, and one reading. We wanted to have a short (and unplugged!) ceremony because our guests would be standing (venue restriction). Fortunately, we were able to capture all of the elements we wanted under 20 minutes like we wanted!

Peter works with you on all of the details, timeline, and is very easy to work with. He is a genuine and warm person, and has a lot of experience creating custom ceremonies. I trusted that he would create a memorable ceremony, and he certainly did! One part of the ceremony was forgotten (rose ceremony for the mothers), but no one seemed to notice that part was missing!

I highly recommend Peter for all future brides trying to choose an officiant!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/20/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination, Civil Union, Non-religious

Peter is our favorite out of all the vendors we hired during our wedding. He is simply sweet, personal and professional. He understands the job, and listens to our needs. He encourages us to express our feelings. It was thru him, that both me and my husband talk about how we feel and why we choose each other.

It was very emotional ceremony. All our guests said it was simple, wonderful and sweet. We couldn't be more satisfied with Peter. He made our ceremony so much better than we could ever hoped for.

Peter is also flexible. My husband totally forgot the pay check (which I knew, was a mistake to leave this responsibility to my husband. lol) But Peter was very cool and we mailed our check a few days later to him. (I don't recommend this. I did feel bad that my husband forgot about paying Peter on time.)

Anyway, I will recommend Peter to every couple who are looking for a wonderful ceremony.

Profile Picture Jackie, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Non-religious

Hello! Rev. Peter was wonderful and very, very considerate and helpful for our wedding! He did agree to travel a distance to us in Lititz PA and I was very grateful for that. He had many resources that he emailed to us for helping to create a personalized ceremony. Everything went as planned. He had a few phone calls with us and his demeanor was so relaxed and ensuring. I could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you Rev. Peter for working with us.

Profile Picture User6789272, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Single Religion, No Denomination

Rev. Peter McGuinness was an excellent officiant at my wedding last Memorial Day Weekend at Hunting Hill Mansion in Ridley Creek State Park. From the initial consultation meeting up to the Wedding Day he was there for any questions, concerns, or advice. Peter is very knowledgeable on many different religious practices and will help you create a ceremony that matches your faith and values. As a person I believe Peter has a calm, perceptive, smart, thoughtful, and spiritual aura. It was such a pleasure having him as our officiant. I would Highly recommend to any future Brides and Grooms!! 5 Stars!

Profile Picture Jackie, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Peter was wonderful to work with in the time leading up to our wedding. He made it easy to discuss things with him, and he always responded quickly to our calls/emails. He also has a great personality, which showed itself most of all when he presided over such a lovely, warm, and intimate ceremony. We couldn't have imagined a better officiant.

Profile Picture Matthew, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I were very pleased with the service Rev. Peter McGuiness provided to us. The ceremony was lovely and we received many compliments. We asked him to perform a spiritual but not religious ceremony and he did it perfect, he was able to convey the seriousness of our vows without blessings, amens or references to God or Jesus.

Profile Picture Rose, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My wife and I hired Peter to officiate our wedding in June 2015. From the day we met Peter, we knew he was the perfect person to officiate our wedding ceremony. Peter was very professional and a delight to work with from start to finish. Peter made both my wife and I feel very relaxed during our ceremony. I for one was very nervous but Peter helped calm my nerves. Peter's words during our ceremony were very touching and emotional. We received many compliments from guests about Peter's officiating.

Profile Picture Ryan, 6/20/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

We are so please that we picked rev peter to marry us. He is great with communication and helped us put together a great short but sweet ceremony. Always available to talk and answer any questions we had. Before walking down the aisle rev peter came and talked to me and he just made all my nerves and anxiety go away. Everyone loved our ceremony. He made us feel so comfortable it was so easy and yet so intimate. Thanks rev peter for giving us the ceremony of our dreams :)

Profile Picture Kati, 10/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Peter McGuinness made our special day so wonderful! We greatly appreciate the personal touches he wove into the ceremony and his communication throughout the weeks leading up to the event. The day was perfect, and that's thanks to Peter's amazing attention to detail!

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I didn't know where to start to find an officiant since I am not affiliated with a church. Searching the internet, I was stopped by Peter's smile. We spoke on the phone and I knew I wanted this kind and thoughtful person officiating our wedding. We met months before the wedding and I was again convinced Peter would make our ceremony meaningful and memorable. The ceremony was even better than I had imagined and as you know, much thought goes into planning. Peter provided guidance in writing our own vows which took the stress of wanting to make them perfect for each other. Peter had control of the ceremony which flowed effortlessly. Loved him, loved his support and certainly loved the beautiful ceremony he conducted.

Profile Picture Terry, 8/8/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I highly recommend Rev. Peter McGuinness. We contacted him 6-7 months before our wedding and he graciously came to meet us for coffee on a very snowy holiday weekend near where my husband was living at the time. Being that I was still working in another state, I very much appreciated Peter's flexibility. Upon meeting him, my husband and I knew Peter would work out perfectly. He has such a gentle and kind soul and really took the time to hear our story and what we were looking for in our wedding ceremony. He provided some great suggestions and ideas which led my husband and me to ask our fathers to speak at the ceremony and our mothers to deliver the wedding rings. Peter was always very professional and prompt in getting back to us either by phone or email, which made things run so smoothly. On our wedding day, Peter came early so that he could meet our parents. He ran the ceremony exactly how we had imagined it. He even stayed after we took post-wedding photos to wish us his best. He mailed in our marriage license on the Monday after our Saturday evening wedding. We couldn't have been happier. Peter is simply the best!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Peter performed our wedding ceremony on June 14, 2014 and did such a terrific job. The ceremony he conducted for us was very personal and included some really nice words and even a little humor. Our guests loved him! Of all of our vendors, we received the most positive feedback on Peter's ceremony. Thank you for such a terrific day!

Profile Picture Rob, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Peter was so great to work with! He helped guide us in creating a completely original, non-traditional & non-denominational ceremony. He allowed us to select our own readings after providing us with some sample readings to get our creative juices flowing. He was very personable and relatable during the ceremony, and even managed to get a few giggles and laughs out of our guests – something we really wanted! It was important to us that our guests felt included in the ceremony. Peter exceeded our expectations and gave us the exact ceremony we had in mind!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/25/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. McGuinness was incredible. Our family has differing faiths and our faith and beliefs are not as "rigid" as some of the older members of our family. We didn't want these differences in belief to alienate our families or our guests, but we wanted to keep faith as the foundation of our ceremony. Rev. McGuinness did this for us beautifully. He kept the mood serious but light, and made everyone who attended feel a part of the ceremony. My husband has recently learned his heritage is Scottish and we incorporated some Scottish traditions into our day. Peter was not only supportive of this, but he went a step further and added his own touch with an old Celtic tradition neither of us knew about. He made our ceremony special and we feel so blessed to have had him as our officiant.

Profile Picture User2812132, 2+ years ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Peter did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. He was so easy to work with, and helped guide us through designing our ceremony with ideas or suggestions when we needed them to make it our own, and he made the whole process feel more relaxed.

Profile Picture Leigh, 5/26/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Reverend McGuinness. He was very helpful in assisting us in planning our ceremony and was very open to suggestions. He added his own touches such as a beautiful rock ceremony and had a large variety of readings that we were able to choose from. That being said, our ceremony was incredibly unique and one that our guests will never forget. We would absolutely recommend him!

Profile Picture User3368918, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Peter McGuinness put together a beautiful, personalized ceremony for our wedding. I contacted him after reading reviews online and after meeting with him we knew he would be perfect. He is very accommodating and really gets a feeling for you as a couple. Guests at the wedding even commented that they thought Peter had known us for years!

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/18/13, 6 Reviews