Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister Reviews

83 | Asheville, NC

83 Reviews for Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister

Shayla · Married on 06/08/2013

We loved Kathy! She was extremely prompt in all of her replies, very willing to listen to our ideas & help stay true to what was important to us, & gave us numerous examples & her professional advice to help us create our dream ceremony. She made sure is was seamless & even helped to coordinate the ceremony on our wedding day. We also wanted to add a comedic skit to our ceremony & she jumped right on board & helped us plan it. And our guests haven't stopped raving about her. She is truly a professional & a master of her craft. Because of her our wedding day was stress free & perfect.

Sent on 07/05/2013

Rev. Kathy did a wonderful job with our wedding. We had our wedding at the Pisgah Inn and she was flexible enough to meet us there. We just wanted to thank her for making it a truly wonderful and special experience.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister's reply:

Happy Anniversary! Nice surprise to read your review and happy to hear from you. Thank you and yes, I remember your ceremony with the amazing views of the mountains! Was a perfect setting for you both.

Melanie · Married on 05/25/2013

Kathy was a fantastic officiant. We really couldn't have asked for anyone better. Kathy gave us greats tips and guidance on creating a wedding ceremony, and really making it our own. She was very open minded, professional, knowledgable, and just a joy to work with. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/30/2013

Danielle and Donald · Married on 05/04/2013

Kathy did a fabulous job at our wedding ceremony. She was very easy to meet with and had excellent communication throughout the entire process, she explained everything and answered all our questions quickly. She had great ideas for customizing our ceremony to fit us as a couple, we included some really beautiful and unique elements like the 'Hand Ceremony', everyone loved our ceremony! A few hours before the ceremony, we had to change sites due to rain and we couldn't decide where to have it- Kathy stepped up and took charge and helped us choose the best location and it ended up being even better than the original site. Overall, she is a wonderful minister who gave us a beautiful and memorable ceremony, extremely professional and down to earth, a wealth of knowledge, and the perfect person to have around when things are not going as planned. I'm so glad we found her and we will definitely recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 06/22/2013
  • W

Windee · Married on 03/27/2013

Rev. Jennings made my partner and my ceremony perfect. As we went to DC and were legally married two days before since NC doesn't have Equality Rights. So Rev. Jennings did more of a commitment ceremony since that's all that is legally allowed. The ceremony she put together was beautiful and our friends and family are still talking about it.. I would highly recommend Rev. Jennings to anyone especially same sex couples!!

Sent on 04/11/2013

Kathy was such an amazing wedding officiant, she was so supportive and easy to talk to. It felt like we knew her forever. Our wedding day was like an amazing fairy tale come true. I really felt like a princess, and thanks to Kathy for all her help and support, it will never be forgotten. We had a bilingual ceremony and it was so heartwarming to know both of our families could understand what was being said. We had so many compliments on how beautiful our ceremony was, people still tell us it was the best they've ever been to. We would recommend kathy to everyone.

Sent on 04/05/2013

Janet · Married on 03/22/2013

Kathy was wonderful to work with-we had to make some last minute changes to the venue, and Kathy helped us navigate the process. Her ceremony, along with all of her suggestions, made our marriage day very special! She really cares about the couples she is working with and does her best to make their ceremony as personal as possible.

Sent on 04/01/2013

Katherine · Married on 10/27/2012

Kathy was so wonderful to work with! She has so much experience and so many examples that really helped us create a structure for our service and vows (since we had NO idea where to start!). Kathy was enthusiastic about our ideas and helped us make sure that it all flowed together. On top of all her help creating the vows, Kathy was warm, comforting, and charming while she was officiating them! I knew our wedding would be fun and special, of course, but I really didn't expect the ceremony to be the most perfect part of our amazing weekend!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2012

Kathy was very easy to work with, very friendly, and very, very helpful when writing the ceremony. Even though we only met on the day of the ceremony, it really felt as though we knew each other already. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Kathy did an absolutely wonderful job as our wedding officiant, especially given that we were planning our wedding and ceremony from the other side of the continent! She was so helpful, and provided great ideas and suggestions that suited us as a couple. The ceremony was beautiful, and we had people come up to us all evening to tell us that it was the best one they had ever seen. We would highly recommend Kathy to anyone!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Kelly · Married on 10/11/2012

Kathy was a blessing for us to find. She made us feel comfortable and relaxed from the beginning. After my initial conversation with her I knew she was perfect for us. We met with her one weekend and she was as nice in person as she was on the phone. I wish this was a service I could use her again but unfortunately you only get married once :) I will definitely recommend her to everyone I know. Our special day would not have been the same without her!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2012

Rachel · Married on 10/11/2012

Rev. Kathy was amazing! My husband and I are not religious but still wanted a traditional wedding, Rev. Kathy really worked with us. We live in Chicago and had a destination wedding in Brevard, NC. Rev. Kathy set up a skype conversation so we could conduct an interview- we loved her immediately! She was very personable and professional! She made the entire thing stress free, especially since we didn't get to have a rehearsal! She helped us create our own ceremony that was beautiful and completely us. She was the icing on the cake!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Brie · Married on 09/02/2012

Rev. Kathy did a fantastic job as the officiant for our wedding at The Venue in downtown Asheville! She was professional, caring and the perfect fit for us. She considered our needs throughout the entire process and was flexible during our wedding rehearsal. I highly recommend Rev. Kathy as a wedding officiant!

Sent on 09/29/2012

Linn · Married on 09/02/2012

Kathy was just a joy to be around. From her last name, to our last name, to both having lived in Norway etc etc, we created an instant bond. I couldn't imagine anyone else marrying me off the the love of my life! Two thumbs up!!!

Sent on 10/25/2012

Amanda · Married on 08/18/2012

Kathy Jennings is a wonderful, and great hearted person. She was very helpful and attentive to make our wedding the most special day of our life. She is very creative and open minded, my husband and i had a very quaint and simple ceremony that we planned in about a week. Our ceremony was a country themed wedding, and i rode up on horse back and had my father help me off the horse to give me away. We had everyone facing the mountain range which was one of the most beautiful places that anyone could have their special day. We have a son and we wanted to do something to involve him to but we weren't exactly sure what,then Kathy suggested that we have a sand ceremony, which was absolutely perfect. We couldn't have done it so perfectly with out Kathy's experience and her very wise mind. I was absolutely satisfied with all of her help and service. I would recommend her for any type of wedding or ceremony! 5 stars! Thank you so much Kathy!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Sue · Married on 08/12/2012

Kathy was extremely helpful in helping us plan our wedding. She had great suggestions and examples. She helped me think of details I had fogotten. She was very patient even though I did some things at the last minute. She was warm and open with great sincerity. I highly recommend her as a wedding officiant. She traveled a great distance for us which was appreciated. She was there early and looked very professional.

Sent on 08/27/2012
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/16/2012

Kathy was professional and organized, flexible but full of ideas, respectful of our visions and time frame, and a pleasant and calm presence during our rehearsal and ceremony. I recommend her without hesitation.

Sent on 07/30/2012

Kathryn · Married on 06/09/2012

Derek and I cannot say enough wonderful words about Rev. Kathy Jennings. She helped to make our ceremony more beautiful and special than we could have hoped. Most of our guests have told us it was the most beautiful ceremony they have ever seen, and of course, we couldn’t agree more. From the moment we made contact, she was sincere, professional, and supportive. Writing our own service was a daunting task, but Rev. Kathy listened to our needs and guided us throughout the process with fantastic results. Our ceremony was unique while maintaining the traditions we value, and perfectly reflected our love for one another. When it came time to perform the ceremony, Rev. Kathy was a calming, positive presence on such a momentous day.

Additionally, we were so happy we took her up on the offer of a pre-marital counseling session. It was a wonderful opportunity for my fiancé and I to reflect on our relationship during the whirlwind of wedding planning. We learned things about ourselves and each other that will help us grow together and strengthen our bond throughout our life together.

Derek and I are so grateful to Rev. Kathy for making our special day even more extraordinary and would not hesitate to recommend her services to anyone!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Tamra · Married on 05/25/2012

From our very first meeting with Rev. Jennings we knew that the most important part of our wedding was in the hands of a truly beautiful, loving and spritual person. Her ideas for the service easily blended with ours to produce a ceremony that all who attended were moved by and made compliments about.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Sandy · Married on 04/08/2012

Kathy was very professional with her job, yet warm & loving. I felt like I had known her for years.

Sent on 04/12/2012
  • Corina Pia

Corina · Married on 01/01/2012

Rev. Kathy is simply wonderful! We had a great overall experience from the initial meeting to preparing our vows, and than our special day. Kathy is very professional with a very warm and comforting personality – that is what one truly needs when planning a wedding and all of its many details. Her smile lights up all of our pictures! ♥

Sent on 01/15/2012

Susan · Married on 10/01/2011

Most couples don't have the opportunity to work with Kathy twice in 6 months! Chad and I couldn't wait for our October 2011 wedding in the mountains and save the dates had been sent out. Unfortunately, we then had an illness in the family and decided to move the ceremony up several months. We were so fortunate to find Kathy, who helped us with every step to create an intimate ceremony that really reflected the two of us. Despite having to plan everything so quickly, Kathy really made the effort to get to know us ahead of time. She was so friendly, an incredible speaker, extremely professional and made us feel at ease. Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect!

Our reception was still planned for October, but having kept our ceremony private, we decided to repeat the ceremony for family, friends and attendants. We were disappointed initially to discover that Kathy was already booked that date/time. She was so wonderful the first go-around, that we ended up changing the time of our wedding so that she could officiate! She helped us tweak the ceremony, offered helpful advice and even made several 'dry runs' to find the quickest route from the first ceremony to ours. Guests offered so many compliments regarding both the ceremony and Kathy- she is truly wonderful!! We would highly recommend Kathy for your special day! Susan and Chad

Sent on 12/21/2011

Beth · Married on 09/03/2011

Our ceremony was the most important part of our wedding. Kathy helped us decide on all the details of the ceremony from the entrance to the exit. Kathy's inspirational and spiritual words touched us both and added much love. Thank you for making our day perfect.

Sent on 02/12/2012
  • I

Jenny · Married on 08/20/2011

Kathy was the first step in our elopement process. Prior to chatting with her on the phone both my husband and I were feeling very targetted by wedding vendors and up to that point frustrated since we just wanted a simple and no fuss ceremony. Kathy brought us to a great place of calm and after confirming her as our officiant everything fell into place. Kathys focus is not just on the ceremony but also on what is much more important- the marrige itself. Her "writing your marriage vision" exercise was very helpful in guiding us in writing our vows. She was also very respectful of my husband and I's differing spiritual/ religious beliefs. I have already recommended her to a couple looking to elope in Asheville- Rev. Kathy is a great find!

Sent on 12/24/2011

Kathy · Married on 06/04/2010

This was our second wedding and we were reluctant at first to select our online wedding officiant. We couldn't have been happier with our selection of Kathy. She proved to be very caring, professional, and well organized which helped set our minds at ease and create a very personal ceremony. Her experience proved valuable in suggesting details to help make our garden ceremony run smoothly and make it uniquely ours. We received many compliments from our family and friends about our ceremony and attribute this to Kathy. We would highly recommend her to other couples.

Sent on 12/27/2011