Rev. Jude Smith Reviews

114 | Rhinebeck, NY

114 Reviews for Rev. Jude Smith

VINCENT · Married on 11/07/2015

Reverend Jude listened to us, calmed us and guided us through what became a wonderful journey to our wedding day. From the first time we met Reverend Jude through the exploration of our love to the ceremony, Reverend Jude was patient, understanding and respectful to all we wanted to do. Ours was a destination wedding with preparation done over the phone, through email and numerous face to face visits. Reverend Jude gave us such great support and encouragement to make our ceremony a true reflection of us. We didn't make it easy for her! The result was a ceremony of wonder, joy and love that we and our guests will never forget. Thank you Reverend Jude!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Barbara · Married on 10/18/2015

We found Jude after a few mishaps with a close friend who was supposed to officiate. However, I believe the stars aligned in connecting us with Jude. I was initially uneasy at the prospect of a "stranger" officiate but after my first phone call with Jude I felt like I was talking to an old friend. She brings an authentic warmth, love and care to the process of crafting a ceremony that transcended what I thought was possible in a ceremony. Each time we met in the (very thorough!) process, I felt more and more connected to my now-wife. On the day of the wedding, Jude's knack for planning and logistics set me at ease and our guests were truly invited to connect with our love and union. There was not a dry eye in the house! I can't recommend Jude enough.

Sent on 10/26/2015
  • I

Isabel · Married on 10/17/2015

Rev. Jude Smith was absolutely great to work with! She makes such a great effort to understand you as a couple as well as what you are looking for in an officiant and makes sure to tie it all in during your ceremony. During your initial meeting, she learns about you as a couple and then takes time to draft up a speech, which she will then review with you and accept any feedback. There are no guessing games, everything is laid out exactly how it will be on your special day! During the first conversation with her, you can feel her warm spirit and amazing energy. By your last meeting before your special day, you can't help but to feel comfortable and confident in your decision to choose Rev. Jude Smith. She was absolutely pleasant to work with!
    -Isabel & Daniel

Sent on 08/09/2016

Julie and Ed · Married on 10/10/2015

I cannot imagine a better person to serve as our officiant than Rev Jude Smith. She is the most wonderful person—who guided us step by step through the process of creating an absolutely magical wedding ceremony filled with love. Rev Jude took the time to get to know us as individuals and asked us to take the time to express our feelings for each other in writing (an exercise you will cherish in the end). On the day of our ceremony Rev Jude’s energy was a point of warmth and comfort. She focused us and guided us through the most loving ceremony imaginable. Our wedding day was picture perfect and the 1# highlight was our ceremony with Rev Jude. We are honored to tell friends and family that Rev Jude Smith united us in marriage. We plan to stay in touch with Rev Jude and appreciate knowing her.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Rev Jude was absolutely wonderful and created the most heartfelt and personalized ceremony. She met with us several times to get to know the both of us and ask us detailed questions about our relationship, what are expectations of marriage were and how we perceived our ceremony to be. We also, separately, answered reflection questions Jude provided us that became part of our ceremony. it was the best process of putting together our wedding. Our guests enjoyed hearing Jude speak about love and what our love meant to each other and personal details that has defined our relationship. Jude incorporated our children and made them feel completely part of the day. Truly an amazing day!

Elaine · Married on 09/05/2015

Jude has a way of connecting with everyone. She has a warmth about her and she expresses herself very clearly. Many of my guests commented how heartfelt and personal our ceremony was and how they wanted to hear her every word because it held that much meaning.
    I, as the bride, knew the ceremony we put together would represent how I felt in a very personal way. Jude's voice and steadiness gave me an assurance and a strong sense of self that allowed my wedding ceremony to be meaningful, representative of me, and just a moment of joy because I could be present, and not caught in a bundle of nerves.
    Jude truly made my wedding day very special.

Charlie · Married on 09/05/2015

Jude is an incredible and rare gem. My wife and I are both nonreligious, but sought out someone who still understood that a deep love and spirituality brought my wife and me together. Jude worked with us over Skype, as we live in Rhode Island, and at first we were skeptical of being able to feel an authenticity this way. But Jude's warmth and compassion shone through even across that medium, and we knew we were on the right path. Jude helped us find our center again amongst all the chaos and anxiety of planning a wedding, and this was tremendously important. It gave us the space we needed in order to focus on why we were doing this in the first place, and to find a calm with ourselves that brought us even closer together. Her ceremony was perfect, and perfectly tailored to us. It was an incredible day, and I cannot recommend Jude highly enough.

Sent on 10/16/2015

Look no further, you found the perfect officiant for your wedding. We were married in August 2015 by Rev. Jude. Six weeks later our guests are still complementing us about our ceremony due to it's uniqueness and attention to personal details. Many thought we had known Rev. Jude for years. She took the time to get to know us and fully "got us." We had two lengthy personal meetings, two phone conversations and several email communications. There was a detailed questionnaire for both the bride and groom to separately complete. From all of this Rev. Jude wrote a personalized ceremony that was absolutely beautiful, memorable and truly unique. Not only did she get the details of our relationship right, but she clearly understood our personalities and included that in the ceremony. It's hard to express this in words, but she did. Rev. Jude's delivery of the ceremony was perfect, she speaks clearly and your guests will have no problem understanding her. For a truly unique, memorable and lovely ceremony meet with Rev. Jude. And on top of all of this she is a great person, you will enjoy your time with her.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Reverend Jude was the one and only one for us. We were looking for someone that would be able to personalize our wedding ceremony to reflect our relationship, values and personalities. She did that and more. She really took the time to get to know us and wrote a beautiful, customized and personalized ceremony for us. Reverend Jude was exceptional. Our wedding was in August 2015 and almost two months later, our guests are still talking about how wonderful our ceremony was.

SHAUN · Married on 08/21/2015

She provided the most elegant ceremony. :)

Sent on 10/06/2015

Rev Jude Smith married my wife and I on 7/18/2015. Jude worked really hard with us to make our ceremony the most magical and special moment of our lives. We developed a connection with Jude and she got to know us and our love story really well. She created an amazing ceremony for us using that connection she developed with us in a manner that was very personalized for me and my wife. I will forever be grateful and feel really fortunate that she was our officiant. I cannot imagine anyone better to marry my wife and I.

Amy · Married on 07/18/2015

Rev. Jude Smith was our officiant for our wedding on July, 18th 2015. Our whole experience with Jude was above and beyond our expectations! She is truly an amazing person and officiant! When looking for officiants we knew that we wanted our officiant to share and understand our love and open mindedness. We wanted someone that could feel our love and then take our love and have it be represented in our ceremony. Jude went above and beyond what we were looking for. She was the officiant for a wedding I was in a year earlier and I had remembered how her words and her positive energy impacted me. We decided we wanted to contact Jude and see if she matched with us. We looked over her website which was amazing and it made me smile because I could already tell that Jude was the perfect officiant for us. Jude met with us through video chatting and then in person and got to know us through asking questions and talking about our relationship. She had us each fill out questions about our significant other which she then used our answers to help create this magical ceremony filled with love and openness! The words that were used to create our ceremony were the exact words that my husband and I wrote about each other. This made our ceremony even more personal! I loved that she took the time to get to know us and to feel all of the love that my husband and I have for each other! I absolutely loved the process of creating our ceremony with Jude. Some ceremonies I have attended seem at times generic or not personal and Jude is the complete opposite of that! She connected with us, understood our likes and dislikes, respected our opinions and views and most importantly touched our hearts. I will always be grateful and honored that I was married by her!

Jane · Married on 07/10/2015

Amazing! Jude was Absolutely amazing!?not only did she have to handle one bride she had to handle 2!! We had so much fun working with Jude! She really understands what love is all about! Our guests have not stop taking about what a wonderful and loving ceremony it was. Our goal was to have everyone fall in love all over again and after hearing our ceremony it worked!! Jude was so accommodating to both Lisa and I. Will highly recommend Rev Jude Smith to anyone looking for an officiant we love you Jude!!❤️?

Sent on 07/13/2015
  • O

Otto · Married on 07/02/2015

Rev. Jude Smith married me and my wife on July 2, 2015 at FEAST at Round Hill. From the moment we met her the summer beforehand, we knew she was the right choice. She was not only responsive and attentive to our vision, but she created a ceremony that was moving and meaningful to both us and our guests. Her focus on the universal theme of love, no matter its origin, and her ability to reflect our intimate setting were both brilliant and magical. Rev. Jude is a consummate professional whose passion for her work goes above and beyond. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Rev. Jude was wonderful. She took the time to get to know us as a couple, meeting us in person and virtually in the months prior to our wedding. Jude provided us guidance to help craft an attainable framework, and then collaborated with us to achieve all the magic, elegance, and spiritual depth we needed for our ceremony. On the day Jude was focused and punctual, and she orchestrated the service so the participants could relax as much as possible. The result was a wonderful blend of ease, practicality, and uniqueness. We would highly recommend Rev. Jude for an unforgettable ceremony!

Sent on 10/11/2015

We think back with fond memories on May 14, 2015 , on that beautiful afternoon in Poets Walk Park you have helped us to renew our vows . We were very impressed by the way you did, with a lot of respect for the situation and the nice words that you spoke to us. It was a wonderful wedding that was full of love and still spiritual in our own way. We want to thank you again very much for your support.

Hellen&Marc
    The Netherlands

Kendal · Married on 03/22/2015

My wife and I are from Louisiana and were completely overwhelmed with choosing an officiant. We were lucky enough to cross paths with Reverend Jude when she was referred to us by our photographer. With Reverend Jude, you will never have a mediocre ceremony. She made our ceremony more special than either one of us could have ever dreamed up. She put in the extra time through phone conversations and got to know us - not because she had to, but because she wanted to. She is extremely passionate about what she does and we were able to witness that firsthand. Words cannot express our gratitude! We are forever grateful for Reverend Jude!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Nicole · Married on 01/17/2015

Jude gave us a wonderful non-denominational wedding that was full of love and still spiritual in our own way. She is an amazing person to work with and got to know us before the wedding with some "homework" assignments - she crafted an absolutely beautiful ceremony from our input and we couldn't have written it better and more meaningful if we tried. We really enjoyed working with her and have wonderful memories of our ceremony that will last for many years.

Sent on 03/06/2015

Rev. Jude Smith's reply:

Thank you so much, Nicole, for allowing me to share in your love. It was your willingness to share yourselves with me so openly, that made it so easy for me to bring that love alive for you and your guests on your wedding day. May you live happily ever after.

Melissa · Married on 10/25/2014

Jude was wonderful. We had a very small ceremony at West Point and I started planning my wedding only with 5 weeks before. She did not hesitate like a lot of others did. She was very helpful with picking what ceremony type best suit out relationship and how we felt for each other. Jude was wonderful at the ceremony not even the wet ground effected anything. Thank you for making out day special!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Reverend Jude was awesome! She provided us with a beautiful, heartfelt experience I could have only dreamed of. Her attention to details and kindness, patience and caring was wonderful and we were so very happy to have her for our officiant.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Heather · Married on 10/18/2014

I don't know how to express the gratitude that we have for Reverend Jude making our day as special as it was. As a bride who lost her father unexpectedly a few years ago, it was important to us to have him incorporated into the day since he couldn't be there to walk me down the aisle. Reverend Jude met with us to walk through our ceremony in detail to ensure it was exactly what we wanted. She went above and beyond our expectations on several occasions, including working with the catering company to make sure that our last minute indoor ceremony (we got rained out) was even more beautiful than we could have imagined. There were several things that we worried about leading up to the wedding but our actual ceremony was not one of them. Meeting with Reverend Jude ahead of time, working closely with her to write our vows, and practicing with her during rehearsal was all very much appreciated. I would recommend her to anyone and shout from the rooftops how much we love her. She made our guests laugh and cry (happy tears) and she will forever be a part of our family now. Thank you Reverend Jude. We love you!

Sent on 10/21/2014

catherine · Married on 10/04/2014

Jude officiated my wedding at the Mohonk Mountain House on October 4th, 2014. I had no idea where to even begin looking for an officiant, I had seen her reviews on this and other websites. I was asking word of mouth, and she was recommended by the owner of the boutique I purchased my dress from in Rhinebeck, NY. Jude had officiated her sister's wedding, and they were more than satisfied. Jude was very quick and accommodating to setting up a face to face meeting. We spent about 2 hours with her at our initial meeting, and it was clear she was the one for us! The questionnaires we filled out were just the right level of personal, and she fluidly parlayed our answers and conversations into a beautiful and personal ceremony that everyone loved. We had a perfect balance of personal creative control, along with her professional touches. I would highly recommend Jude for her professionalism, heart, and warm, caring spirit. I cannot imagine having entrusted anyone else!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Nicole · Married on 08/15/2014

My husband and I had such a wonderful experience having Rev. Jude Smith as our wedding officiant. We had found Rev. Jude approximately 2 months prior to our wedding. From the very first contact that we had with her, she gave us such great guidance in planning the details of our ceremony. I immediately knew that she would be an amazing officiant, and she proved this even further than expected through until our wedding. Rev. Jude beautifully created our ceremony, fit to our individual story, lives, and beliefs, and she truly has a way with her words! She also spent ample time with us prior to the ceremony to go over with us what was written for the ceremony. It was obvious that she put a lot of heart into what she had wrote about us, and spent the time to make it truly personalized. Due to the fact that we are located in Brooklyn, and got married upstate in Ulster County, Rev. Jude accommodated us by "meeting" with us over the phone and skype, as well as communicating with us by e-mail. She walked with us every step of the way, offering her support and guidance in setting the stage for the ceremony.

Rev. Jude came to the ceremony with a positive energy and beautiful smile, and she presented the ceremony so wonderfully with such articulation and grace.

Rev. Jude also was willing, and able, to accommodate the fact that we had to hold our ceremony start an hour back last minute because my in-laws did not show up on time. We were so fortunate that she was willing to do this, so that we could have them at our ceremony.

My husband and I had so many compliments as to how beautiful our ceremony was, and we could not have had such without Rev. Jude. So many of our guests talked about how great of an officiant she was!

We cannot thank Rev. Jude enough for everything she has done to make our ceremony what it was: everything we hoped it to be and then some.

<333 Nicole && Michael <3

Sent on 09/07/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2014

I found out very last minute that we could not use an officiant who had registered online. A very close friend was going to officiate and we were sad this was not to be. We do not consider ourselves to be religious although I would say we are spiritual. Due to this we did not want a ceremony with religious tones or verbiage. When I found Jude I knew even before speaking with her she would be the perfect fit...and luckily she was available at such short notice! After speaking with her I was thrilled. Not only was she kind but also very flexible to our needs. She is was very thorough and detail oriented. She knew exactly what we needed and was a huge support throughout. She made our ceremony loving, peaceful and very very special. You would be in perfect hands if you choose Jude!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Michelle · Married on 08/09/2014

Jude crafted a beautiful ceremony for us that both respected our beliefs and those of our guests. Our guests included family and friends from a wide range of religious backgrounds, and Jude found some lovely words to say that were inclusive to all. She is not only a very warm and friendly person, but is also very well organized. She had the ceremony prepared months in advance, gave us a complete list of all the items we needed, and went through everything with us piece by piece. We received many compliments from our guests on how lovely the ceremony was. We would definitely recommend her to other couples.

Sent on 08/11/2014