Rev. Jude Smith Reviews

114 | Rhinebeck, NY

114 Reviews for Rev. Jude Smith

Chihiro · Married on 05/27/2018

Highly Recommend!

Looking back on our most perfect day, we are so grateful we had such a fantastic officiant. We felt so comfortable with Rev. Jude from the first time we chatted with her on the phone. I had spoken with a few officiants prior to speaking with Rev. Jude, but as soon as we got off the phone with her, I knew she was “our person.” :)

It also made it feel as if it was meant to be when I found out after the fact that she had officiated one of my best friends weddings too the year before. Such a small world!

The day of the wedding, she made sure the ceremony went smooth from start to finish. In addition, she made sure that every one of the guests at our wedding felt like “one.” She personalized it and made it so unique to us. We are so glad we chose Rev. Jude! She truly is the best and we are so thankful we found her!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Kyanna · Married on 03/31/2018

Rev. Jude is amazing. From our first meeting she made us feel comfortable and remember why we decided to get married. She was an excellent resource through the whole wedding process and made sure our ceremony turned out exactly the way we wanted. We didn’t have a clear vision but by the end we ended up with a ceremony that really embodied our relationship and values. Everyone at the wedding loved our ceremony and said it was one of the best they had seen.

Thank you so much for the beautiful ceremony and keeping us calm and present on our wedding day!!

- Kyanna and Affan

Sent on 04/14/2018

Mandy Facchin · Married on 03/18/2018

Rev. Jude is a pro for all occassions

When my husband and I welcomed our first baby girl into our family, we knew we wanted to mark the occasion in a special way. We decided to have a baby blessing/naming ceremony and Rev. Jude was the first and only person I called to officiate. Two years ago we chose her to officiate our wedding ceremony after an extensive search and interview process. We knew within 30 seconds of speaking to her over the phone that she was the right fit for us. She just has a special way of creating atmosphere and inviting everyone in attendance to open their hearts and dive into the ceremony fully. Her style is warm and joyful and light, but at the same time she has a confident and stable presence that grounds you and makes you feel at ease. You can feel comfortable and trust that your ceremony is in good hands. She did such a wonderful job during our wedding, we were delighted to invite her back to help us celebrate the birth of our daughter. Jude worked with us to customize the ceremony for our unique needs, presenting us with different options to find what we were most comfortable with. It really felt like we were working together to co-create the ceremony that was right for us. The result was simply beautiful. It felt like the perfect blend of formality and sacredness, even though we were just standing in my living room at home amongst family. Additionally, she is on-time, extremely well organized and prepared, and her many years of experience truly shows. I can highly recommend Rev. Jude for all your ceremony needs!

Sent on 10/26/2018

sara · Married on 11/04/2017

Jude was our officiant for our wedding the beginning of November. Jude was recommended to us from the event planner at our wedding venue. From the first day we met Jude we knew that we shared a great connection and that she would be perfect to officiate our wedding. We were looking for someone that was able to accommodate our needs that were different then most other weddings we had been to. Jude has spent an ample amount of time with us leading up to our wedding meeting each and every need we had. Our ceremony felt so us and we truly believe that this wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for Jude. We feel so blessed to have had Jude officiate our ceremony and we HIGHLY recommend her to officiate yours!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Alyssa · Married on 10/22/2017

Working with Rev. Jude Smith was a truly wonderful experience from start to finish. From the very first phone call straight through to our wedding day, my husband and I knew Rev. Jude was the perfect choice to officiate our wedding. We wanted a ceremony that was spiritual without being religious, and that wouldn't be a cliched, cookie cutter, fill-in-the-blanks formality that would bore both ourselves and our guests. Jude immediately understood our vision, and worked closely with us to craft a ceremony that was meaningful, beautiful, and unique to us. Throughout the process, Rev. Jude made a real effort to actually get to know us via multiple in-depth conversations via phone and Skype, culminating in an invitation to her office in beautiful Rhinebeck to finalize our ceremony. By the time our wedding day arrived, not only did we feel like we got exactly the ceremony we wanted, it felt like we were being married by a friend. It's impossible not to smile every time you speak with Rev. Jude thanks to her warm, friendly and loving personality that puts you at ease right from the start. She genuinely enjoys what she does, and it definitely shows in her work. Many of our wedding guests have expressed to us how much they enjoyed our ceremony, noting how special and magical it was. Choosing Rev. Jude to officiate our wedding was the best decision my husband and I made throughout our wedding planning process. It was an absolute pleasure to work with her and to have her be a part of our special day, and we highly recommend her to anyone. We miss working with her!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Jacqueline · Married on 10/13/2017

My husband and I just cannot express how pleased we are with the personalized, eloquent ceremony Jude helped create and bring to life. From the first skype call we had, Jude was just an absolute pleasure to work with. Whatever anxieties We had about creating the perfect ceremony true to us, just disappeared. She is truly a professional. Our friends and family are still talking about our ceremony weeks later. Highly highly recommend Jude!! Best officiant EVER!!!

Mary · Married on 10/07/2017

When I first met Rev. Jude Smith it was at my friends wedding 4 years ago. She made such an impression that I knew when the time came for me to get married, Jude was the minister I would choose.
    Well I recently married my long-time partner, Sue, of 17 years. The first phone call we made, after family of course,was to Jude! She was so happy for us and even more appreciative that after 4 years we remembered her and wanted her to be our officiant. Jude stepped us through every part of our ceremony and it turned out exactly the way we wanted!! With her help, our wedding was perfect! I will recommend her services to all my friends. Thank you Rev. Jude!
    Mary

Susan · Married on 10/07/2017

I was first introduced to Jude 4 years ago when friends of mine got married n she officiated their wedding .I was really impressed with her . Jude performed such a beautiful ceremony for my friends wedding that I knew I wanted her to officiate our wedding when we get married . So after 17 years with my partner we decided that it was time for us to get married so we stayed true to our promise to Jude and called her . Jude remembered us and we were just as surprised as she was . Judes response to us was she would be honored to officiate our wedding and thanked us both for letting her share our special day . Jude was very helpful and prompt .

• Y

Yih · Married on 09/23/2017

Safe to say -- we love Jude. And honestly, we could not imagine our ceremony without her. We met Jude 18 months before our wedding and immediately clicked with her. We talked about our relationship basically as friends more than a vendor. Jude sees her job as more than an officiant who shows up on a random Saturday. She sees herself as a connector, a listener, an encourager, a spiritual counselor and a writer of your love story. After all that, we also see her as our friend. On top of that, Jude was easily one of our most professional and organized vendors in our giant team of outside vendors.

The actual ceremony was magical. Some of it was due to perfect weather and a perfect setting. But a lot of it was based on the words and pacing Jude helped write and orchestrate. People were laughing... people were crying... and weeks later, people are still saying it was one of the most beautiful ceremonies they've ever attended. Much of that praise is thanks to Jude!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Michael · Married on 09/17/2017

Rev. Jude did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. From the first time we spoke on the phone to meeting in person and the day of our ceremony she was always warm, understanding, patient, and kind. She brought alot of love in to our ceremony and helped us to express our love for each other. As an interfaith couple I was very impressed by her ability to create a ceremony for us that was meaningful and inclusive. I cannot imagine anyone better.

Brittany · Married on 09/10/2017

My husband and I are so happy that we chose Jude to officiate our wedding. She was extremely flexible when it came to accommodating our challenging schedules and planning from a distance, and she worked with us over the course of several months to customize and refine every element of our ceremony. Her guidance and resources helped us to create a beautiful and extremely personalized ceremony. We were so pleased with the end result and felt truly cared for along the way; we would highly recommend Jude to any of family members or friends.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Luis · Married on 07/15/2017

Rev. Jude made our ceremony on July 15, 2017 so special. From the very beginning since we met she took the time to get to know us as a couple and find out about us in order to put together a customized ceremony that was truly unique. This is not your cookie cutter "by the powers vested in me....etc" type of stuff. Her ceremony took time and art to put together and you can tell she truly cares about her couples. We got so many compliments about our ceremony. It was truly magical and touching. It came from the heart and it was so well crafted. If you're looking for a unique ceremony that will truly make your day special you won't regret working with Rev. Jude. We are so glad we met her and thank her for making our day so special and memorable.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Leanne · Married on 05/20/2017

From the first phone call i just knew Jude was the one to marry us when you know you know. She if very accommodating makes sure you k ow everything that will happen at your first meeting to help you feel how your day will be. She really is the best we had the most beautiful ceremony. Thank you jude!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/08/2016

Jude gave my husband and I the most memorable, most special, and most personal wedding ceremony we ever could have asked for. We and all of our guests were absolutely in love with the ceremony! For someone who only knew us in this small portion of our lives, Jude felt like an old friend who had always known us. She was a delight to work with and we highly recommend her. There wasn't a detail we would have changed!

Sent on 11/22/2016
  • I

Ian · Married on 10/01/2016

Jude Smith is wonderful. Professional, open, honest, caring, considerate. My partner and I did not know what to expect with our first meeting with Jude, but we were so pleasantly surprised by her kindness and step-by-step approach to crafting a ceremony. I think Jude is so successful because she is clearly able to work with a wide range of people and personalities. She was open to our suggestions and ideas -- we had many! -- and even when she may have thought we were a little odd or outside the box, she always found a way to make it work. Jude is not the type to impose her ideas on her clients -- she fully respects the individual and personal nature of crafting a ceremony but is experienced enough to know what will work and what may not. So her suggestions were always welcome. Working with her truly was a collaborative effort. She made us feel special every time we had a meeting with her, she never rushed us, and the ceremony itself was wonderful. It's easy to overlook just how important the officiant is to setting the tone for the ceremony and to making guests feel at ease, in good hands, but this cannot be overstated or taken for granted; Jude understands this. She is perfect. SO many people commented on how impressed they were with her. And we cannot recommend Jude Smith more highly.

Kris · Married on 09/24/2016

Reach out to Jude!! We did, and it was the easiest decision we made while wedding planning! She is a warm, wonderful woman, professional and talented, she has a lovely presence, and can make your ceremony whatever you dream it to be. We wanted a balance of non-denominational (religious-light) with something spiritual, and she wrote our ceremony beautifully and found that perfect, delicate balance for us. And, she takes her time to make sure the ceremony takes shape into what you BOTH want. Our ceremony was tailored to us, it felt like us, and it was exactly what we wanted. And — our guests loved it! We're still getting compliments a month later! Thank you, Reverend Jude, for making our special day unforgettable for us and our guests!

Latisha · Married on 09/18/2016

I don't think I have enough wonderful words to say about her. Within minutes of our first conversation with her, we knew that we had to choose Rev. Jude Smith for our ceremony. She was warm, sensitive, and accommodating to all of our needs and concerns, and provided us with all of the guidance we needed to help us create a beautiful ceremony. My husband and I were long distance, so we were able to have multiple phone calls, emails, and Skype sessions to make working together extra convenient. So many people told us how touched they were by our ceremony, even folks who aren't typically emotional. I cannot thank Rev. Jude enough for making our day so special and absolutely amazing.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Sam · Married on 09/03/2016

My fiancé and I are interfaith- Jewish and agnostic/nondenominational- and it was difficult finding someone who made us feel like us.. until we met Jude. From the moment we first spoke with Jude we felt comfortable and confident in her abilities. She got to know us and put together the most perfect ceremony- a ceremony that defined us as a couple for the first time. She kept us on track with our vows and ceremony preferences and helped us through the whole process. Our wedding ceremony was the best part of our day, thanks to Jude. She made us feel bonded and alone in a room full of loved ones. All around a great decision to work with her and we'll never forget what she did for us throughout the wedding process and on the big day. You really can't go wrong. Thank you Jude!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Kim · Married on 07/30/2016

Really, WOW is all we can say.

From the first time we chatted with Jude through the execution of our ceremony on July 30th, it was such a pleasure to work with her.

She is such a calming, professional, kind human being. She made the whole process of putting together our ceremony a joy.

Jude kept us really grounded in the moments of our ceremony. She really brought us back to our values and reminded us, among all the busyness of the wedding day, why we were there and who we are as a couple.

I think it's, unfortunately, unusual for guests to really connect with or remember a wedding ceremony. I know when I've gone to weddings people talk about the food, the band, the dress, etc. but with Jude leading the ceremony, our wedding was different. Even two weeks later, people are still coming back to us and saying how moved they were during the ceremony. Considering how the main part of a wedding is the marriage, this is really important to me. We know that we had such a strong, positive, reaction to our ceremony because of Jude and we are so happy we got to work with her.

Sent on 08/12/2016

Jude did a wonderful job working with us to create a ceremony that really represented us as a couple. She made it unique and heartfelt and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a ceremony that is special and personal.

Sent on 07/06/2016
  • W

Wade and · Married on 05/23/2016

Highly recommended! Rev. Jude Smith married us on May 23, 2016. We feel so lucky that we have chosen Jude from a long list of officiants suggested to us. The whole process of our wedding as administered by Jude was marvelous and our experience with Jude is beyond expectation. You may have read many generous reviews and commending words on Jude, we feel the same, but one thing we would like to add, which we are especially happy about, is Jude’s interfaith and spiritual development that enables her to care for our spiritual needs and infuse the spiritual elements into our wedding to make it, as we believe, a sublimated one beyond ordinary vows and resonating among our families and guests of similar spiritual belief. Jude has truly touched our hearts and we will always be thankful for her marrying us.

Maureen · Married on 05/13/2016

We just married 2 weeks ago and so happy we chose Jude Smith! She was so warm and welcoming each step of the way up until our actual ceremony. It was indeed short and sweet, but with a spiritual touch that would not have occurred at a City Hall wedding. We are so glad that we decided to travel up to Rhinebeck from Manhattan. Our experience was exactly what we had hoped for! - Maureen and Daniel

Sent on 05/25/2016

Rev. Jude Smith's reply:

Thank you, Maureen and Daniel! Delighted to know you had such a special experience. Because I truly believe that every ceremony, large or small, is meant to be an authentic celebration of love. May you continue to live happily ever after!

LeighAnn · Married on 04/24/2016

I have had the honor of working with Rev. Jude Smith several times at the venue I work for. When I got engaged I knew right away that she was going to be the one to marry my fiancé and me. Her ceremonies are always so thoughtful and filled with some much love and emotion. You can tell that she loves what she does. She spends a great amount of time making your ceremony special. Everyone raved about how it was the best ceremony they have ever witnessed. I don’t have enough kind words to say about Rev. Jude Smith.

Sent on 10/14/2016

April · Married on 01/26/2016

We are so grateful and lucky to Rev Jude officiate our wedding!! She was so genuine and helpful during our limited time that we had for our wedding. We had to push up our date a good bit due to us both being military, but Jude didn't mind and gave us the sweet and simple ceremony that we both wanted. We cannot thank her enough! We recommend her to anyone and everyone.
    -April and Cody

Sent on 02/07/2016

Bobby · Married on 11/14/2015

Planning a wedding can be chaotic and stressful, but Rev. Jude Smith made sure that our ceremony was perfect! From our first email correspondence to the signing of the marriage license, Rev. Jude was professional, helpful, and sincere. She offered guidance and soothed our nerves with her kindness, composure, and attention to the details that you would never think about until you’re planning your own wedding. We had a non-religious ceremony and Rev. Jude made sure that it was uniquely crafted for us—not abstract & ambiguous as we have seen at some other non-religious ceremonies. She provided pages of sample vows & readings from which we could draw inspiration, but made sure to take the time to get to know us in order to personalize our ceremony. Rev. Jude is not joking when she says she speaks the language of love – her warmth emanated through her heartfelt words and her smile was contagious. She spoke calmly and confidently throughout the ceremony and made sure that we were able to soak up every single moment. We whole-heartedly recommend Rev. Jude; working with her was a pleasure!