Rev. James Hary Reviews

54 Reviews for Rev. James Hary

54 Rev. James Hary Reviews
  • Bill

Bill · Married on 06/12/2015

His price was acceptable and he earned it. He gave us a marvelous wedding and was totally delightful throughout the whole process and his honesty was priceless. Good communicator all the way through and is definitely good at what he does!

• Wendy

Wendy · Married on 06/06/2015

Thank you so much for officiating our wedding on Saturday. You gave us the ceremony we wanted! You and your wife are wonderful people and we wish you many blessings!

• Lynnette

Lynnette · Married on 05/23/2015

We had some interesting experiences before we found Rev. Hary and hired him. One lady minister's day job was travel agent and she talked more about how she could get us a good deal on a honeymoon instead of our wedding, and there was another lady Rev. from Scranton who also does tarot card readings, which seemed to me a conflict of interest with God. Doesn't seem ethical either, but I guess people are trying to make money any way they can. Rev. Hary was what you would figure a minister to be and we were very much satisfied with him and the wedding he did.

• Beverly

Beverly · Married on 05/14/2015

We had our wedding at our house and Rev. Hary came and did a really nice ceremony for a very fair fee. We were very happy with him.

• Katrina

Katrina · Married on 05/09/2015

Thank you so much for a beautiful ceremony and making our new start together complete.

Brittany · Married on 05/08/2015

Rev. James Hary did everything we asked and expected from him. Our wedding went perfect and we can't say enough good things about him and how he did everything for us.

• Michael

Michael · Married on 05/03/2015

Rev. Hary was incredibly helpful with details before our wedding with the planning and his professionalism really showed in how good his ceremony was presented. Very commendable to know he pastors a church and does volunteer ministry at nursing homes and prisons. He was great to work with and his joyful personality was an added bonus. Long story short....strongly recommend him!

• Lorraine

Lorraine · Married on 04/26/2015

Completely satisfied. He did a great job.

Cindy · Married on 04/25/2015

Outstanding in everyway! He's the real deal!

• Erica

Erica · Married on 04/12/2015

Rev. Hary was very accommodating and flexible in helping us to include certain aspects of personalization into the ceremony which were important to us. Everything came together perfectly and the feedback from everyone was all positive. Most certainly recommend him!

Jack · Married on 04/04/2015

Our ceremony was beautifully done by Rev. Hary. We found him to be easy going, highly skilled, and completely genuine.

Audrey · Married on 03/07/2015

We hired Rev. James Hary as our officiant for our wedding on 3/7/15. He arrived early and greeted my now husband and I prior to beginning the ceremony and we had a brief rehearsal. The ceremony was quick, but perfect. We weren't looking for anything special like candle lighting or sand pouring, but Rev. James Hary seems like he would be happy to accommodate a couple's requests. We were going for a more modern wedding but we liked the idea of a more traditional ceremony for some of our older family members. He gave a beautiful speech about love and religion (which he has memorized and our guests were shocked that he didn't need to read from anything!!). Overall, everything worked out well for us and we're really happy that we went with him. I would definitely recommend Rev. James Hary to anyone planning their wedding!

• Francina

Francina · Married on 02/21/2015

We were very pleased with what we got from Rev. Hary. The courthouse strongly warned us against using internet ordained ministers and suggesting that consulting an attorney about their legality would be advisable. We felt it made more sense to use Rev. Hary instead of paying an attorney to see if some other officiant was legal or not. We learned that wedding sites do not check to see if their officiants are legal or not. They get their income selling wedding leads to thje officiants or to advertise on their site. Not one of the other officiants we called had a church they did worship services at, even though they had 5 star reviews. When I asked what church had ordained them, they all said Universal Life Church. Wow, what a coincidence! I went to the ULC website and found they give free immediate ordination. They charge fees to mail the actual certificates which include choices such as minister or certificate of wiccaning (pagan witch stuff). Our wedding was important to us and not a joke. We feel so much better in having hired Rev. Hary.

• Melanie

Melanie · Married on 02/14/2015

Fantastic experience with Rev. Hary and I'm glad he was able to do my wedding. I checked out other officiants. They all had downsides ranging from price, little experience, and defensive when I asked if they were ordained through the internet. They all side-stepped the question and one said I'll beat any price. I didn't feel a lower price was a substitute for proper credentials. When I Googled the name of a woman Rev. from Scranton to learn more about her, I found she also does tarot card readings. Other than Rev. Hary nobody was doing services at a regular church, so there were no downsides with him and so I can honestly recommend him.

• Cathy

Cathy · Married on 02/01/2015

He did a fine ceremony with my wedding and is certainly someone I can recommend from my experience with him. With so many scams on the internet my apprehensions were relieved in seeing that Rev. Hary is a legitimate minister with an actual local church.

Maureen · Married on 01/17/2015

Totally perfect job done by Rev. Hary. Very happy he did my wedding.

Steven · Married on 12/06/2014

The service went great and all the details were taken care of nicely by the Rev. Everything was well ordered and we felt very at ease with him. Originally we had contacted another officiant, but when we found out that she only had an internet ordination and had never ever preached at a church, we went searching and found Rev. Hary. We felt safer because he has a church and is legally qualified as well as experienced in doing weddings. Also, his fee was way less. It was a win win for us!

Emily · Married on 12/06/2014

We found Rev. Hary was awesome for our wedding ceremony. Everything went as planned and he truly made us feel comfortable in everyway with everything. It was truly a positive experience with him and that's why I suggest other people use him too.

Patty · Married on 11/02/2014

The words touched all our hearts and created an atmosphere of love as Rev. Hary did my wedding ceremony. Moving and powerful rather than just the usual mono-tone ritual stuff. I am so grateful that Rev. Hary did my wedding!

Jacob · Married on 09/27/2014

Rev. Hary was an excellent officiant for our wedding. He was flexible, professional, punctual, and caring. His fee was extremely low compared to some officiants who wanted double what he charged and more. His ceremony was top of the shelf quality and had a nice blending of traditional as well as a certain updated freshness and uniqueness that made it special. Rev. Hary had no problem traveling to our wedding site for both the rehearsal and wedding. He organized our rehearsal quickly and efficiently and didn't mind running us through it an extra time to be sure everyone knew what to do. Simply put, our experience with Rev. Hary was exceptional as he guided us from start to finish, and his friendliness not only to us, but to our family and friends was a true joy. Thank-you again Rev. Hary for making our special day SPECTATULAR!

Jennifer · Married on 07/12/2014

Grace Chapel is a small quaint Chapel on beautiful property for photos. Rev James Hary was accommodating to my guests, and was kind and wonderful to me with my multiple phone calls and questions. [Bit of a nervouse Bride I was :) ]
    My Ceremony was perfect :) Thank you Rev Hary!

• W

Walter · Married on 06/01/2014

Rev. Hary was a great officiant for our wedding. His ceremony reflected our love and was very good. His fee was cheap, but he was top of the line. No problems or complaints.

Selena · Married on 02/01/2014

Rev. Hary did an awesome job for us at our wedding at our American Legion hall. We just wanted something simple yet personal and Rev. Hary more than met our expectations. When I started looking for an officiant online I was surprised how many there were. They had great reviews and websites, but only Rev. Hary mentioned to be sure the minister meets the law to legally do weddings. Before I found him, I contacted 5 other officiants to check price and availability and get a feel to see if they were a good match for my wedding. None of them had a church that they were preaching at nor could they give me any church that they had preached at in the past, so I could check if they were for real. They responded with answers like "Don't worry I'm legal in all 50 states" or "Our church is in California" or "I've done lots of weddings look at my website". When we got our marriage license from the courthouse it had a notice in it titled "DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY" and explained that persons with internet ordinations may not be people permitted to perform marriages...."if they do not regularly preach to a congregation that regularly meets at a place of worship. You are advised to consult an attorney concerning the legality of such marriages." Obviously there must be a problem or the courthouse wouldn't be giving out these notices! So besides Rev. Hary having done an awesome job for us, we can rest assured he was legal to do it.

Jennifer · Married on 11/02/2013

Rev. Hary definitely made our special day special. Everything was absolutely beautiful. We weren't treated as just another number. He reached out to us to make us feel like friends, not customers.

Robert · Married on 10/12/2013

Rev. Hary is good at what he does, and that's why I was the third one in our family to use him. He's also a very pleasant guy to be around and talk with. We especially liked the way he made our rehearsal fun and relieved our nervousness.