Rev. Gerry Appel Reviews

76 | Matawan, NJ

76 Reviews for Rev. Gerry Appel

Cindy · Married on 06/27/2014

He is a friendly, personable, professional officiate. He was prompt, and provided the best wedding ceremony my new husband and I could ever ask for. We asked for a simple ceremony, and he went beyond to give us exactly what we wanted. I was apprehensive looking on the internet for a reverend. I am glad that I did! I would recommend Rev. Gerry Appel to anyone that wants a ceremony exactly the way they want it. I was happily surprised to find such a nice reverend on the internet.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Carolina · Married on 06/21/2014

We highly recommend Rev. Gerry. He was very pleasant , informative, knowledgeable, and professional. We received many compliments from our guests on how lovely our ceremony was thanks to Rev. Gerry. He walked us through every step of the way.

Sent on 07/06/2014
  • jgigi4

Jeannine · Married on 06/14/2014

Very pleasant and well mannered and an overall joy to deal with regarding questions and concerns I had for my big day.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Elaine · Married on 06/07/2014

Rev. Gerry did a superb job at our wedding ceremony. He helped us put together a beautiful ceremony that we will always remember. Our guests kept telling us how perfect the ceremony script was put together, from the opening message, the family sand ceremony, to the closing remarks. Thank you for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Rev. Gerry Appel made my ceremony just perfect. He has a way of just making you feel like it's just you and your groom in the room. It was so special to me. He is a kind, caring, and understanding man whose smile is so warm and inviting. From the bottom of heart, I thank you very much. You made my day so amazing.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Reverend Gerry was a wonderful officiant! His presentation was serious but light-hearted at the same time, which was perfect for us. I especially appreciated how helpful and responsive he was about the certificate process. Thank you Rev. Gerry!!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Stephany · Married on 05/23/2014

Rev Gerry was a great officiant for our wedding. We worked together to create a ceremony piece that was fitting for us as a couple and felt a bit more personalized. The day of the wedding he arrived early and took care of all the paperwork first with our best man and maid of honor. The ceremony itself went very smoothly with a fun light hearted feeling to it. Several guests approached us afterwards and said they really enjoyed our Reverend and the entire ceremony. We definitely recommend Rev Gerry!

Thank you so much for officiated for us.
    Steph and Dan

Sent on 06/18/2014

Christina · Married on 05/17/2014

Rev Gerry was amazing, he was able to navigate through the busy day and help us not only relax but have a smooth and beautiful ceremony. From day 1 we didn't have to think about any of the details, Gerry walked us through selecting the style of ceremony and the thoughtful touches that customized to our relationship and family. We were blessed not only to have him part of our special day but the entire process that lead up to it! Gerry will not disappoint!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Stephanie · Married on 04/19/2014

Thank you Rev. Gerry for giving us such a beautiful ceremony. I'm so thankful to have found someone who really listened to our preferences and cared about what was important to us. I especially appreciate how thorough and responsive you were in answering my many emails. Thank you again for your kind words and for helping ease my nerves during the ceremony. I even heard you helped escort one of our grandmothers at the end of the ceremony, which shows a lot about your character! Stephanie & Steve

Sent on 05/07/2014

Rabbi Steve · Married on 03/30/2014

To All Future Brides and Grooms,
    I was blessed to perform this wedding with Rev. Gerry and can honestly say that I have worked with no one finer! His eloquence and the beauty of the words he chose, made this wedding a spiritual event with that all present could easily connect with and relate to. You could pick no one better to perform your wedding. Kuddos my friend!!!
    Respectfully, Rabbi Steve Meltz

Sent on 03/31/2014

Rev. Gerry was great!. I warned him that I am a giggler, especially when nervous. Would you believe I laughed through my wedding vows (can’t wait to see the video). Even with us laughing, he did a wonderful job. He is jolly, friendly, versatile, professional and he just had a good aura about him. We received a few comments from guests about how well he did. they were especially impressed with how he was able to recover me and my husband form our giggling. I would and have recommended Rev. Gerry Appel.

Sent on 04/21/2014
  • User3611997 · 2+ years ago

Rev. Gerry made our ceremony absolutely perfect. He made sure from the moment we met to answer any of our questions. He was easy to contact, a pleasure to work with, and an honor to have at our ceremony. He made us feel safe and comfortable in front of our friends and family and never stopped smiling. I cannot begin to thank him enough for being a part of our day.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Michelle · Married on 10/05/2013

Rev. Gerry preformed our Ceremony in October of 2013. He was exceptional!! He personalized the ceremony to fit us, with a little humor and sincerity. We got so many compliments on how wonderful he was and how beautiful the ceremony was. We could not imagine having anyone else officiate. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Pamela · Married on 09/27/2013

Rev. Gerry was amazing. He met with us at length a couple of months before our wedding to get a feel for our personalities together and to work through our ideas and requirements. He offered suggestions and was extremely professional. Then, as we got closer, he contacted us to ensure that we had all of the elements we wanted and confirmed that we were on schedule. On the day of the wedding, he kept the mood light and celebratory, interjecting humor at just the right moments. If you are looking for an officiant who is engaging, professional and responsive, call Rev. Gerry Appel. He's your man! Ken and Pamela Paris

Sent on 10/03/2013

Abbey · Married on 09/14/2013

Rev Gerry created a beautiful ceremony for us. The wording was perfect, he made us both at ease. Our guests also loved the ceremony. He is the kind of guy that makes you feel like you've known him forever. Great officiant... we couldn't have picked a better one! Would recommend him to everyone! !

Sent on 09/20/2013

Kaitlin · Married on 09/07/2013

Rev. Gerry was an awesome officiant! He was also very helpful when it came to putting together our ceremony! We have gotten many compliments on how great of a ceremony it was and we owe it all to him! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Chelsea · Married on 08/16/2013

Gerry was so easy to work with and gave us an absolutely beautiful ceremony. His delivery of our vows and words of wisdom was so genuine, kind, and smooth. We loved working with Gerry and seeing him on our wedding day. Thanks for making this day so special, Gerry!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Sabrina · Married on 08/10/2013

Rev. Gerry Appel was extremely helpful in all marriage preparations, putting all worries at ease and made our ceremony run flawlessly!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Rev. Gerry gave us the best wedding ceremony we could have hoped to have. My husband and I do not have a religious affiliation, but we wanted our secular ceremony to be meaningful. Rev. Gerry communicated several options and styles to us, and gave us as much flexibility as we wanted to have. His rate was reasonable, and he offered a discount for paying in advance. We laughed, we sobbed, we kissed, and our marriage certificate was ready to be picked up on time.

Sent on 08/24/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/29/2013

Rev Gerry showed great quality in his officiating. His meeting to get to know you a little and to offer many different ceremony types that you can choose from. He was very professional and the cermony was lovely!

Sent on 07/15/2013

joanna · Married on 06/08/2013

Rev Gerry was easy to reach and he was very flexible with all our request and changes that we asked him. He made our ceremony fun and heartfelt.. Thank You so much!!!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Julie · Married on 05/18/2013

Rev Gerry made our wedding experience FABULOUS! Ceremony he designed for us was perfect, extremely heartfelt! He has a great presence! I would recommend Rev Gerry 2 everyone he's funny & accommodating & sincere! You'll laugh! You'll cry! You will have a great time!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Anthony · Married on 07/20/2013

Reverend Gerry was professional and his presence was felt by not only us, the bride and groom, but our guests as well. All of our guests remained engaged throughout the entire ceremony. The ceremony was well thought out and very personalized. The reverend's sense of humor put us at ease. Many guests called us to tell us how lovely our ceremony was. Our friends who are married 9 years asked for Reverend Gerry's contact information so he can officiate the renewal of their vows next year. Way to go Reverend Gerry. Gratefully, Lynne and Tony Falco

Sent on 07/23/2013

Mel · Married on 08/25/2018

My husband and I had Rev. Gerry as our officiant for our wedding at The Palace on August 25. Throughout the entire process Rev. Gerry always responded to all emails and was very flexible to work with. He really made our wedding our own and not a "cookie cutter" ceremony. I found a lovely poem that he had read during the ceremony in honor of my late mother. The entire ceremony was beautiful and brought a tear to a lot of people's eyes. Even after my wedding he sent me a lot of helpful information in regards to changing my name! He seriously is a life saver in addition to being an amazing wedding officiant! Thank you so much again Rev. Gerry! I will definitely recommend him to friends and family!

-Melanie Horvath

Sent on 09/11/2018

Kaitlin · Married on 04/21/2017

We actually contacted another officiant at first but he was booked on our date so he suggested Gerry. We met at a Panera half way between our locations (we are North Jersey, he is South) and he was very personable and knowledgeable. He walked us through the whole process and what we were responsible for and what he would do. The day of the wedding he showed up on time and got all of the paperwork out of the way. We had a nice quick ceremony (we hate attention) and everyone loved him. He made a few jokes to keep things light. A few days after the wedding he sent us the instructions for getting out marriage license as promised. Overall, I would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 05/05/2017